Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

Wookie and YIN congratulations for the awards! Happy that you both get recognitions! Good luck for your future career. Sorry for being evil, but I'm extremely happy that both of them as a couple in drama won both supporting actor/actress awards as a set. While others not. Hahaha.

• Like 6

Thank you for the replies everyone! And congrats to Wookie-poo on your award! \0 30/   I think after Hk, Bubblegum will be next. And I'll watch the Beauty Inside sometime soon, too. I really wanna rewatch Blademan haha as well as SoaW, though I'll need to prepare the tissues for that last one, ah.

The reason I love Blademan so much is his character's development, man. It's just so well crafted. His charater comes out at the end as the same person but a much-changed person, if that makes any sense? In an earlier comment, someone here said the his mood had changed during BM maybe because of the effect of low ratings, but I will dispute that a little. I think it all has to do with character growth. Hong Bin no longer had need for huge outbursts and to hide his angst behind a grandiose personality, though his true personality was still bigger than most. He found love and acceptance and so he learned to love and accept and it changed him so the whole tune and feel of the show had to change as well, as well as the feel of LDW's emotional charge/stance on screen. LDW presented us with the perfect representation of what Hong Bin was feeling every step of the way and it immersed me in a pool of emotional sensationalism as a viewer. Also, being someone who has a past of mood disorders and angst, I went through much what Hong Bn was feeling (though through much different causes. But, the feelings, outbursts, actions were still very much alike) at one point in my life and I relate SO MUCH to his character and this is what reaaallly drew me to LDW, I felt like he was speaking to me in a way. I felt a genuine connection as a viewer, and that is what an actor, a true actor, is supposed to do and achieve with their audience, no matter the interpretation. He really became a sort of idol to me in those moments as an actress, myself. Plus, gosh, I mean LOOK AT HIM. ;P

• Like 9

@xkelpiex i can't agree more.

while some were asking about the blades , why no blades anymore ?why the drama called blade man if it won't be for the whole drama?i was claiming  the blades were only metaphor and symbol and Hong Bin no longer needs them , his character has developed already and learned to love and to accept love and he is able now to see things more clearly and in depth so he no longer needs to get angry over groundless things . i love Blade man very much, my only issue was the direction , it started well but lost the way midway .

Congratulations Wookie , you deserved it and Congratulation pichi couple

Congratulation to Wookie's friend GY and to Goblin drama

Lee Dong Wook, Lee Sang Yoon are winning Japanese hearts! Check out how

Lee Dong Wook

Lee Dong Wook and Lee Sang Yoon are winning the hearts of Japanese fans but not together. The Lee duo will be in Japan soon for their respective assignments and fans just cant wait to meet their favourite stars.

Fresh from the success of Goblin, Lee Dong Wook will be hosting his 'For My Dear' Asia Tour Fan Meeting in Narima Culture Center, Tokyo, on June 30th. The Goblin has started airing in MNet Japan since March 17 and this has created a huge fan base for the grim reaper. Also known as Guardian: The Lonely and Great God, the series narrated the story of a Joseon warrior Kim Shin and his curse for an eternal life. The supernatural bromance, perfectly timed romance and the mysterious past definitely made the fans go crazy. Its final episode recorded an epic nationwide audience share making it the highest rated drama in Korean cable television history, beating Reply 1988.

Ever since the success of Goblin, Dong Wook is traveling across nations to meet his fans. According to Korea Portal, Dong Wook might reunite with his Goblin costar Gong Yoo in the "For My Dear" tour of Dong Wook in Jakarta, Indonesia on May 20, 2017. However, officials details confirming Gong Yoo's participation are yet to be announced.

One interesting tidbit about the Lee duo is that both the actors are fresh from the success of their respective dramas. In addition, both the dramas are being currently aired in Japan.

skipped unrelated

http://www.ibtimes.sg/lee-dong-wook-lee-sang-yoon-are-winning-japanese-hearts-check-out-how-9565

• Like 8

On 2017-04-27 at 5:51 AM, giegie said:

@intrariver LDW x HHJ is gonna be fun too! Same like PBY, i think HHJ with her boyish personality will have good team up with most of actors. I adored her not just as an actress but also as person. Anyway, do you know that Beauty Inside will be a drama? I just hope they could bring the movie's cast indeed to the dramaland

@Princi_86 Thanks for the info, I didn't follow Doctors last year but seemed it was pretty solid drama, KRW and PSH's performance also got acknowledgment from Knezt. But for that drama, KRW's big name hold a bigger factor rather than PSH, and I agreed if LDW team up with HJW, HJW is the one with bigger factor rather than him and the story gonna be more on her side (woman centre). I hope KKE will revealed his next role at May/June so we could stop for being so curious. LOL

Yes she does have a lovely personality. She's the type of person I'd be BFFs with in real life if I knew her. I usually only become fans of people who I not only admire profesionally but also who have a great personality as well. That includes uri LDW who also has a great personality.

REALLY!? BEAUTY INSIDE will be made into a DRAMA? That's fantastic news! Where have you found this out, is there some place where you can read up more about it?

...though I have to say I'm a bit vary about how this concept would work as a drama. Would people only watch the eps that their faves are in? Not sure it really translates well into a drama, with dramas being longer than films, the wait for different actors to appear would be more torturous. Or would they cycle through ALL actors in one ep/each ep has all actors? Even that might be tricky. I'm not just talking about viewership ratings, but also the quality of the writing. Quality is much more important than popularity, I normally don't care about popularity, but I realize you have to care abit about popularity in the k industry for the sake of your favorite actors....Anyway it could potentially turn into a mess, especially with crazy live-shooting schedules. Here's hoping it's exexuted well without turning into a mess!

As for LDW starring in it, maybe that could be his next project? I hope he does it (as well as the rest of the original cast!), but I hope he also stars in another drama alongside it. It was already torturous enough to see GongYoo and DokkaebiCouple take up most screentime, imagine him having to compete over that screéntime with 24 other actors! ...I'm NOT talking about poor LDW having a crazy schedule shooting 2 dramas at once (lol)! With him sharing that role with so many others in Beauty Inside drama , it'd be more like shooting a short webdrama for each of those actors. Kind of like 7 First Kisses webdrama with 7 hallyu stars, but a longer drama. Yet not requiring much more shooting time from the 25 actors, than 7 1st kisses actors, because 25 actors in ONE role makes for much less time needed from each individual actor than just 7 playing different roles. They could shoot it in advance, then Wook could take a short(not too short though, oppa needs rest)break and then start filming another drama. Thus we'd have not only one but TWO of Wookie's dramas airing around the same time! It would make Wook's small screentine in Beauty Inside drama much less torturous. It would be more like seeing wook some extra alongside one full drama, rather than almost a punishment where we'd only see him a little. Compare this altenative to seeing him only a little in Beauty Inside as his next drama, then have to wait MANY MONTHS for a new drama! I'd feel totally cheated of LDW screentime! Especially since he played a 2ndary character in his last drama!

As for him being in a drama with a more female lead centric plot..I'm okay with that. As long as he is still the MAIN male lead. (Or FEMALE lead ha ha..thinking about it now, I want to see LDW play a woman in a drama! It could be really interesting. That and the KillMeHealMe sitaution with him having 7+ roles at once. He could play a woman through that, or like Park Shin Hye in Your Beautiful play both the male and female counterparts of twins, or through a man who becomes a woman through just some really obscure sitation. I vote for really obscure situation...No, actually, I vote for ALL of these suggestions to happen! #greedy) I realize I'm kind of contradicting myself with what I said earlier, but whatever. As long as the female lead character isn't annoying (if this scenario of him starring in a more female lead centric plot happens, please don't be annoying!)  and the actress is good, then it's fine. Actually I've seen a similar situation. Ji Chang Wook played male lead in c drama Tornado Girl 2 where the leading lady was the character focused on. I had no preference over male or female lead actors, but male lead role was much more interesting. The female was the one the story focused on though. And the character was...only one of the most annoying characters I've ever seen in any piece of fiction. Lol. That was torture.

...as for KKE revealing his next role in may/june...I hope they do. But I don't think that will help at all in taming our curiosity. After that we'll still be curious...DYING to know more DETAILS about the project too. Lol   #GreedyGreedy

And congratz to LDW & YIA for both winning best supporting actor category inDramaFever awards! They both deserve it so much.

• Like 4

I pray hard that the rumor about GY on Wookie's fm in Jakarta is false. If it's organizer's decision then I wish KKE will cancel or re-schedule Fm with another organizer. Sorry Indonesian fans, but I don't want Wookie and you all to share venue with crazy GY fanatics and GY personally. I know I might sound childish but I believe that none will feel themselves comfortable and it's nothing to do with their off screen friendship. What a ridiculous situation OMG. Are they going to hold press conference together as well? 

I pray for new project asap. Wookie should move on from Goblin. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Princi_86 said:

I pray hard that the rumor about GY on Wookie's fm in Jakarta is false. If it's organizer's decision then I wish KKE will cancel Fm. Sorry Indonesian fans, but I don't want Wookie and you all to share venue with crazy GY fanatics and GY personally. I know I might sound childish but I believe that none will feel themselves comfortable and it's nothing to do with their off screen friendship. What a ridiculous situation OMG. Are they going to hold press conference together as well? 

I pray for new project asap. Wookie should move on from Goblin. 

It's not just you, I also hope it's false. Wookie should be liked FOR HIMSELF, ppl should attend FOR HIM, and not because GY will be there! I'm tired of some people thinking Lee Dong Wook is "less than" GY because he played 2ndary character and isn't as popular, seriously!

Yes I hope for a new SUCCESSFUL project for Wooks, so people will remember him for that instead of just GY's lackie. Time to cut off this (professionally, not personally!) co-dependent relationship!

Frankly I never cared for the bromance in the drama, didn't dislike it either, was just neutral/indifferent...but now it's starting to get annoying...LDW is awesome on his own, folks!

• Like 4

@intrariver thanks for understanding heh. Personal life and friendship it's one thing but fan meetings are another thing. It's not Goblin drama's FM, it's Wookie's. So let it be his own where his fans and not other actor's fans will be present. After collecting some info it looks like fake rumor and I hope it's remain fake. 

My dream guest for Wookie's Fm will be Daebak and sisters. 

• Like 4

@intrariver Indeed! I also loveee HHJ as a person after saw how wonderful and easy going she was at 2D1N's spring trip last year. Her chemistry with JJY was my fave but her bickering with Junho also so fun! Before that, I just knew her as an actress and has great voice but her appearance at 2D1N made me love her as a person and just like you said, she's our bff type! She's the only reason I struggled to watch W and sadly I couldn't finish that drama bcos second half part was a mess. 

About the Beauty Inside's drama, I already post DB link before but here's the new one http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/04/descended-from-the-suns-production-company-announces-new-drama-lineup-with-jtbc/

It will be produced by the same PH from DotS so at least it has a higher standard than usual dramas. I also curious how it will handle the changing actors/actress plot part since you already discuss it will need around 25 actors/actress. For me, I'm okay if LDW make a cameo for only 1 eps of BI drama. Ahahahaha being a greedy fans mean you care for him a lots. We also feel the same way.

@Princi_86 I think it's just a gossip, Princi! Maybe bcos the INA FM's tix selling isn't good so the EO or media made a cheap rumor like that. As far I remember when I bought LDW's FM tix, INA EO already contacted GY first but they got rejected! LOL. With GY's reserved personality, I don't think he'll held FM together with other actor eventho' as you said, he has good relationship with LDW. GY's last visit to INA also kind of secret mission whereas INA fans must to keep their GY pics for themselves and couldn't share it at SNS. I also want LDW just for me and no distraction from any other celebs who will stole LDW's spotlight. It feel like I didn't want my kid compete with another brainy kid at one class. LOL

• Like 9

@joyezz Haha, how come you ask me for K-Fashion event schedule before it happens? I'm not their insider (huhuhu I wish I am). I only know the events when they are announced before by media or already happened. But if you ask my opinion, I don't think there will be any significant one because it's already mid/end season. Especially if you're talking about international top fashion brand. And it will be weird to suddenly open a new store in Gangnam or elsewhere when the product designs are about to be replaced soon. I think all top brands are preparing their runway shows for upcoming BIG4 (London, Milan, Paris, NY) Fashion Week from 9-25 June 2017 on the Europe side (each city 4-5 days event continuously) and 10-13 July 2017 for NY. This is Men's Fashion only. Glad that the dates won't clash with his nearest time FM which is either Japan or Taiwan. I do really hope LDW will be invited by any brand he got associated with recently. High hopes for Milan's Ferragamo. Burberry and Gucci didn't have Men's show last year, they combined with Women's show. Valentino, Rick Owens and Juun.J were all in Paris' show last year. Nothing related to LDW for NY's I guess. Though it won't hurt to hope. But I don't think he will attend or got invited into all cities events. This year's runway participants are not announced yet.

Speaking about brand, our LDW got into 29th place for Brand Reputation Index April 2017. I remember he got into the list once during Goblin time and got removed immediately the next month. I don't know how they count this, because if we talk about reputation, LDW is still hot topic for the months he didn't get into list, obviously.

DBqRcQxUwAESr1s.jpg

If I'm not wrong, the columns are Participation Index, Communication Index, Community Index and Brand Reputation Index (sum up from other 3).

Spoiler

DBqRcY8UMAAszui.jpg

Source popnews@heraldcorp.com

@Princi_86 @intrariver @giegie Interesting discussion ladies. Well, I'm here opening my soompi account solely because of LDW and only follow this thread. I'll attend his FM only because I want to see him, and him only. Guests and MCs will only take away his stage time (haha) though still deemed quite necessary (Seoul FM is great for me, wish I was there). Honestly I didn't fully watch Goblin, skipped most parts starting from episode 4 since it gets boring with multiple repetitions and watched only LDW's GR part (more than 3x LOL). His total Goblin screentime is around 30% only. Speaking about bromance, I still love it because half of it is the hardwork of my bias, and he seemed to be proud of it, though I agree the co-dependent relationship starts to get annoying. They don't have to visit and depend on each other all the time. Let's move on! Looking forward to HK FM. The press con will be 1 day before (Tuesday). Good luck LDW and HK fans!

• Like 10

Wookie in long hair is my longtime wish

Image result for lee dong wook in long hair

Image result for lee dong wook in long hair Image result for lee dong wook in long hair

@giegie hopefully his Indonesian fans warmly welcome and cheer him on and shame on whoever made this silly gossip  ,hopefully Wookie popularity in Indonesia rise more in the nearest future

@noname111 i never understood this Rank either 

• Like 11

@noname111  haha I thought you would know the schedule :D

@MaysoonD @intrariver I would like to see his current curly brown hair but  longer haha 

@Princi_86 @giegie @intrariver @noname111 yea I was so happy there were no guest stars at his SG FM haha I only want to see Wookie. I hope no guest star for all his FMs. We have suffered enough watching Goblin haha I haven't rewatch Goblin, I hope someone make videos of GR scenes only -_-

@xkelpiex you choose the right actor to be your idol :) he is not chasing fame and fortune only,he has artistic integrity :glasses:

I can't wait for Wookie's new leading role drama

We can all hang out at the drama thread haha

• Like 8

Hello chingu-deul! Since we have so many interesting discussions about A-list actress and potential co-stars of our precious LDW's future project, and also to comfort our dearest chingu @joyezz who has been missing her prince charming for almost 2 weeks (LOL, since SG FM isn't it?). Why don't we do a vote? Or poll? Whatever you call it. I have 12 actresses whose names mentioned before by you all here for you to choose. Sorry if I missed any or if you don't like the photo, but that's supposed to be my fave photo of him and her. Just ignore this if you think it'll waste your time, I'm only trying to divert my attention of being too excited waiting for HK FM fan account but unable to do anything at the moment. Next time we can do type of drama? Or LDW's role? Or LDW's hairstyle? LOL.

Let's start! In no particular order....

1zs8E0W.jpg

EGULJEt.jpg

Ttn1sMY.jpg

7H7Iq5t.jpg

Rs1Z8O7.jpg

otsSlMV.jpg

14R4pTA.jpg

CKdxgHh.jpg

KJ7yMko.jpg

26YRYb0.jpg

I like all of them. They are all great actress and visually stunning! But if I have to choose, I'll pick Han Hyo Joo, Seo Hyun Jin and Gong Hyo Jin. I can say these 3 now but probably I'll change my mind few minutes later. Aaarrrgggh, I made this poll but I myself confused what to choose! Geez...

What do you think chingu-deul?

• Like 12