Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

LDW for Japanese Magazine Hanryu Pia May 2017. Dokkebi Special edition, with 2 pages of him (why only 2 pages huhuhuhu), but still better than the 2 ladies with 1 page each and no full page spread photo, YSJ got 4 pages (KPop BTOB is quite popular there), and GY is on the cover with 7 pages for himself. 

The big five katakana letters on top is his full name in Japanese. The black title said something about 'warm and cute, [he] finds the way the person [GR] interacts with the souls/ghosts is very attractive' and the pink title said something about 'well-played/nice-styling [stylish] but somewhat clumsy GR'. The rest talks about his role in drama and how he portrayed it. Hope I don't translate this wrongly... my poor kanji. I can translate later, I have something to do now, well only if you Ladies are interested. Because there really is nothing new, I think Japan is airing the drama now.

DBu8kdQXsAAxBUQ.jpg

DBu8kc1U0AAHBIz.jpg

Credit to Merry Alex Weibo.

Spoiler

I roughly read about other actors article, GY talks about drama in general, chance for acting here, writer, story etc. YIN talks about characters JET, Sunny and GR. KGE talks about GY and beautiful drama setting. YSJ mostly on trio bromance, heavily on GY and LDW, some about BTOB. Well, at least LDW gets to talk about HIM and HIS character and everything related to GR. I'm glad about this.

I'm quite disappointed because he is supposed to be the one having FM in Japan, probably June edition will feature him, can I hope on that? Please, he really needs more exposure and advertisement. I heard from my HK friend, GY's HK FM posters are litterally everywhere (even on taxis, buses, lamp posts, newspapers, TV, banners, buildings and public transports), and he hasn't seen any LDW's apart from the ones in train station. And for the upcoming Japan FM, my Japanese friend said... Nothing. Yet. My goodness. I hope my friends are wrong and didn't search enough.

@giegie I'm seriously considering Jakarta FM, I'll PM you later. If there is any fan support, I'd love to contribute in whatever I can. Thanks chingu!

• Like 11

YAY! Better scans of LDW in May 2017 Arena Homme+ pictorials feat. Jimmy Choo Man ICE perfume are here. He looks even more handsome and smexy here. 

DBu9PDGVoAA3l7N.jpg

DBu9PDGVYAAowC7.jpg

DBu9PDFU0AAqnYx.jpg

Don't know if I'm melting or freezing from his babyface gaze.

DBu9PEHU0AAcMl8.jpg

DBu9SAzUQAEQ5jk.jpg

DBu9SBtUQAAr4A_.jpg

DBu9SCtUMAAgk9p.jpg

OMG this man always look angelic yet manly at the same time everytime he wears white. HOT and COOL vibe!

DBu9SDyUAAEaVdJ.jpg

Oh, so this is him in blue shirt he wore when greeting us for Tokyo, Hongkong and Bangkok FM.

DBu9TBcVoAA8FV7.jpg

The last one is the sexiest and coolest gaze ever. How can a man looks so sexy posing with a bottle??? Only LDW able to pull that off. LOL. This must be the most number of pictorials with perfume, ever. Hahahaha, no one can get enough of our LDW. All thanks to twitter owner @killheal_talk for sharing. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, noname111 said:

YAY! Better scans of LDW in May 2017 Arena Homme+ pictorials feat. Jimmy Choo Man ICE perfume are here. He looks even more handsome and smexy here. 

C9_p2bPUMAAEhUJ.jpg:large

C9_vokOVoAAEJ3D.jpg:large

C9_t7gSVwAAPOyq?format=jpg&name=large

C9_w9iHVwAUDOYM?format=jpg&name=large

C9_sFLNV0AA_Jw3?format=jpg&name=large

C9_sGegUMAAab5r?format=jpg&name=large

C9_sGefUQAQN9aU?format=jpg&name=large

OMG this man always look angelic yet manly at the same time everytime he wears white. HOT and COOL vibe!

C9_yB89UAAAvOJh?format=jpg&name=large

Oh, so this is him in blue shirt he wore when greeting us for Tokyo, Hongkong and Bangkok FM.

C9_yZqjUMAATCou?format=jpg&name=large

The last one is the sexiest and coolest gaze ever. How can a man looks so sexy posing with a bottle??? Only LDW able to pull that off. LOL. This must be the most number of pictorials with perfume, ever. Hahahaha, no one can get enough of our LDW. All thanks to twitter owner @killheal_talk for sharing. 

so beautiful :dizzy: so perfect :heart:

omg this gif :wub:

@Mojojojo123 yea but I was not with them when they took pic with your famous leeks haha

• Like 8

2 hours ago, noname111 said:

C9_t7gSVwAAPOyq?format=jpg&name=large

C9_yB89UAAAvOJh?format=jpg&name=large

You meant puppy eyed Wookie :D and he wore the blue shirt for announcing On the air everymonth.

thanks for the japanese magazine and jimmy choo. So you understand japanese?

• Like 4

@Princi_86 welcome back dear , you are missed . @winterdew come back palli :wink:

@noname111 don't bother chingu lets swoon over these two pages , every time i see new pictorials for Wookie , i wonder how better he can do next, what better gaze he can have ? what better pose he can do ? then his next pictorials are always better and better and he keeps surprising me with his diverse gazes and multi expression he show every pics

@Princi_86 @giegie i have feeling he will do both , i am intrigued to see him travel overseas to promote his movie , i think he did with heartbreak library didn't he?.

• Like 11

@Mojojojo123 Sorry for late reply, INA stands for Indonesia, he will come to Jakarta at 20th May for his FM, if you're interested and still in the middle of withdrawal syndrome, you could also attend his INA FM, glad to have you here too! A lil bit off topic, when I came to ticket booth to exchange with real ticket, the officer asked why I choose to watch his FM, she also said at first the EO want to invite GY but they got rejected so LDW their 2nd option. OMOOOO... how could she compared our LDW with GY?? Doh, I already hate the EO :(

@noname111 Thanks for ArenaHome x Jimmy Choo x LDW! Geez, the teaser already made me swooning and now, all those pictorial in HD is definitely killing me with happiness!! Yes, don't bother for pm me, hope you could make it to INA FM and happy fangirling here. Before INA, I think he'll come to HK first?

• Like 9

@Princi_86 @MaysoonD Soooo based on our amateur analysis, he'll do movie and drama but drama will air first and movie at the mid of 2018?

I just read news http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/04/descended-from-the-suns-production-company-announces-new-drama-lineup-with-jtbc/

The PH will make a Beauty Inside's remake! LOL. idk, but if LDW come back for one eps, I'll be happy (so does with LJW, YYS and PSJ, damn, all of manly oppas in one drama will be my dream, LOL). Anyway, if he already picked the drama, I just hope the drama that will be aired at public channel rather than cable. If it will be aired during fall, it means we could see him at the end of the year awards.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, giegie said:

@Mojojojo123 Sorry for late reply, INA stands for Indonesia, he will come to Jakarta at 20th May for his FM, if you're interested and still in the middle of withdrawal syndrome, you could also attend his INA FM, glad to have you here too! A lil bit off topic, when I came to ticket booth to exchange with real ticket, the officer asked why I choose to watch his FM, she also said at first the EO want to invite GY but they got rejected so LDW their 2nd option. OMOOOO... how could she compared our LDW with GY?? Doh, I already hate the EO :(

@noname111 Thanks for ArenaHome x Jimmy Choo x LDW! Geez, the teaser already made me swooning and now, all those pictorial in HD is definitely killing me with happiness!! Yes, don't bother for pm me, hope you could make it to INA FM and happy fangirling here. Before INA, I think he'll come to HK first?

@Giegie what?! why is our oppa the second option and not first? :(   and what is EO? sorry im just not good with some of the short forms. Thanks for explaining though. :)

• Like 5

@noname111 I'm quite dissapointed with lack of oppa's pics in Japan's magazine as well, but...his pic is the best out of there haha. I mean Sungjae is definately cute (I bet he has concert or smth in Japan coz I've seen some pics), but GY's pics are quite boring (I believe he could do better even though he's not my cup of tea). I'd prefer to have 1-2 awesome and swoon worthy pics over 7 average. Regarding promotions in HK, he has different organizer there and it really depends on organizer weather they spend money on promotion or not. At the end of the day I know that lots of Wookie's fans bought tix on GY's fm there since it was hinted on Wookie's appearance there (they generated sales to GY fm but I have serious doubts that Wookie will be guest there haha which means they could spend their money for not seing Wookie). And without massive promotion tix sales on Wookie's fm are going very good and we all know that he wasn't male lead in popular drama. Moreover unlike GY he has 7 stops in Asia.  As to absence of advertising in Japan I have never heard that kactors Fms are advertised there. Do you know that they have? As far as I know it's getting sold out by the time of event quite easily. Btw do you know the capacity of Tokyo's venue? Hopefully it will be 1,2k and not more haha. 

And thanks a lot for glimse on translation. Could you be so kind to share more from his Interview? Wookie amazes me all the time that he can bring new colors even to most boring topic. Like in SG there were quite a lot of similar questions or topics both on press con and during Fm, but he has managed to give some new juicy details.

@giegie I bet that organizer wanted to bring GY cos they thought ppl will spend their money more easie but INA is not HK or SG (no offence please) where people can quite easlily afford themselve paying 150 USD for 1st CAT ticket on bias's fm. Both GY and LDW are not PBG who's young fans would kill to get ticket. heh. I wish they made cheaper tix, as well as in BKK where cheaper CATs have been easily sold out while 1st CAT is going really slow. Btw I've heard that several organizers have asked KKE (same in other countries). Idk why KKE has chosen this one. Returning to that lady ofc random people wouldn't understand why you want to visit second lead's Fm haha. They're too narrow minded to think that that second lead is one of the most talented and adorable human beings. :lol: And that before Goblin he had quite a lot decent dramas and varieties to fall for him. Goblin is not everything omg :crazy:

as to our investigation about his next project @noname111 @giegie @MaysoonD and other gals, here is one more hint to consider:

From Toggle's article:

Having fulfilled his almost-lifelong dream, he shared his wish list of upcoming projects: firstly, he’d like to take on a project that has a more real-life element to it, especially since Goblin was a fantasy drama, pinpointing a medical drama as something he’d like to challenge himself with. (Lee Dong Wook in a doctor’s gown? Count us in.) As for a character he’d like to challenge again, he choose his 2009 drama, Partner, where he played lawyer Lee Tae Jo as one he’s most keen on reprising.

Any medical dramas in work for second half of 2017? Or any drama with flirty and witty male lead? :D And I loved his Partner's character. As well I preffer second option since I'm not a big fan of medical dramas, but ofc if Wookie will be there I might love it like it was with fantasy genre in Goblin. As one SG magazine has stated he's influencer. (I need to find that article haha). I will try to find that drama I have selected for him. :ph34r: 

Below is full coverege of closed press con from Toggle:

10 minutes with Lee Dong Wook

Video: Tay Yixuan

It was a blistering hot day as throngs of fans flocked to the outdoor atrium at Plaza Singapura. With brollies in hand, they waited without complaint for hours just to catch a glimpse of one of the most in-demand actors these days: Lee Dong Wook.

Making his appearance for a short 10 minutes – including the time spent walking the red carpet to get to the stage – he made sure to thank his fans for waiting for him despite the intense heat, tackling questions posed by the host before calling it a day.

Even from that short period of time, we managed to get a hint of what the 35-year-old is like: he’s a straightforward person (fans’ screams for him to pose with finger hearts were rejected with a playful “no”) who takes his responsibility as a public figure pretty seriously (he explained that he blitzed past at the airport during his arrival last Friday as he was aware that it is a public place, and that he didn’t want to cause inconvenience to the public by having the fans crowd the area for an extended period of time.)

How different is Lee Dong Wook in public and in private?

Fast forward to two hours later, we waited backstage at the MasterCard Theatre at Marina Bay Sands for the actor to enter the room. As he entered with his entourage, he first greeted our team with a bright smile before confirming the flow of the interview. He even took special care to remind his staff to have those in the corridor outside keep their volume down as we would be recording the entire exchange. Ten brownie points to him.

Despite his immense popularity, Lee Dong Wook remains down-to-earth and approachable, earnestly thinking about our questions prior to answering them. “Naturally, I’m a little different when I’m with my friends, when I’m alone and when I’m in front of the public,” he explained. “But I’m not someone who is very straightforward (see, what did we say) so I can say that the person that you see now is 50 percent the same as my personality during my personal time.”

Admitting that his popularity has surged greatly since his role in hit drama Goblin (also starring Gong Yoo, Kim Go Eun and Yoo In Na), he chuckled that he’s felt the impact of his skyrocketing fame in the most mundane of ways.

“I’ve gone to the same gym for about five to six years, but it was only recently that there have been people who started to take photos of me. It was then when I really felt, ‘Wow, the power of Goblin is pretty amazing,’” he grinned.

What more is there for Lee Dong Wook to achieve in his career?

Having dreamed of being an actor since he was in his second year of high school, Lee Dong Wook wryly mused, “I really can’t see myself in any other occupation… But if I weren’t an actor, I guess I’d have to find a way to feed myself.” He chuckled after hearing his own response, but added that he really can’t see himself doing anything else.

Having fulfilled his almost-lifelong dream, he shared his wish list of upcoming projects: firstly, he’d like to take on a project that has a more real-life element to it, especially since Goblin was a fantasy drama, pinpointing a medical drama as something he’d like to challenge himself with. (Lee Dong Wook in a doctor’s gown? Count us in.) As for a character he’d like to challenge again, he choose his 2009 drama, Partner, where he played lawyer Lee Tae Jo as one he’s most keen on reprising.

Before we wrapped the interview, we asked him to rank his much-talked about physical appearance on a scale of one to 10, to which he chuckled at before answering, “No comment. This question is for you, the viewers to decide, not me.”

As for any physical attribute he’d like to change, he briefly considered the prospect before giving us another wry smile, “I don’t think there’s anything I have to change, right?”

Witty, confident, conscientious and a talented actor to boot? I think we just ran out of brownie points to give.

Lee Dong Wook gladly tackled all our questions during the interview

Unfortunately, he didn't have time for a short photo call after the session wrapped as he had to run off for rehearsals. 

http://entertainment.toggle.sg/en/hallyubuzz/photos/10-minutes-with-lee-dong-wook-8745538#slideshow-1

@Puppywookie nice drawing, chingu!^_^ I hope you'll continue to draw uri handsome Wookie. I'd wish I could have more time to attend drawing classes and draw our Wook. 

p.s. I love our thread full of Wookie's avatars haha. Seeing this is such a moodbooster for me.

• Like 14

@giegie me to that lady 

NO she needs Hong Bin

hopefully fanmeeting goes well especially you saying tickets selling is not going smooth and SG really made it difficult for others countries,

@Princi_86 I don't know how it goes in Korea but I am sure Knetizens  easily forget and unloyal "no offense "to their celebrities and most important is the rating the only language to talk with ,so whatever project he choose ,I don't care as long it is a hit whether it is a drama or a movie I want him to keep rising and rising

• Like 13

@Puppywookie nice drawing :) keep drawing Wookie ^_^ 

@Princi_86 thanks for sharing the interview :)

whoa he really likes to play doctor huh,he has already played doctors twice haha

Yea I like his character in Partner but need to add more love scene :D

As for any physical attribute he’d like to change, he briefly considered the prospect before giving us another wry smile, “I don’t think there’s anything I have to change, right?” (haha yes Wookie,don't change anything )

@MaysoonD there are two reasons why I want Wookie to sign up new drama soon.

1. because I miss his acting 

2. so he can move on from Goblin -_-

• Like 9

@Princi_86 Yes indeed, I agreed that the ticket is quite pricey, it didn't mind for pals who already have jobs of their own but for the young ones whereas they still depends on their parents, it's not gonna be easy. The EO is the one who also handled PBG and SJS FM before, so maybe KKE think this EO is better than the others, But don't worry, I already explained to the lady that LDW is definitely more fun when held a FM rather than GY. LOL.

Anyway Princi, talk about medical drama.... http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/04/mbc-courts-ha-ji-won-for-human-medical-drama-hospital-ship/

It's the only medical drama in the talk now -at least at media tho- and the main female lead is Ha Ji Won! LDW x HJW???? Damn, I approved! LOL. HJW is A-class actress and she's definitely the talented one among her generation.

• Like 10