Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

Hello everyone! 

I'm glad Arena Homme+ updated their FB with LDW's pictorials for Jimmy Choo. He looks 'alive' in those. Not that I complain about fans scans, I'm grateful someone scanned and shared to everyone to catch the first draft of our handsome LDW. He was so ever swoon worthy still. But the fans scans, he looked... icy cold? As if no blood running through his skin. I wonder if that was their concept, the washed-out color disturbed me. I even questioned my phone resolution and his health. He looked so pale! Like vampire? Thank goodness it was only resolution, brightness or photo edit issue. I love love love the final scans from Arena even more.

See? He looks more like a living handsome man.

DBvBN1cXkAAq37B.jpg

DBvBN1CVoAEqTmh.jpg

DBvBN1CUQAE9iRj.jpg

DBvBN1CVYAEl5R0.jpg

DBvBTfwUIAAIW0y.jpg

DBvBTgPXgAAyaBb.jpg

DBvBTgTXsAEsDN4.jpg

DBvBTfzV0AAvNHl.jpg

DBvBUZqWAAUrVXt.jpg

@Puppywookie Great job! We'll look forward to more paintings from you! I always enjoy fans' effort in doing this stuff. Why don't you try the new Jimmy Choo? Him in red suit? Next week's class? Yummy. You must be enjoying painting more since the object is LDW. And love that you have your own work as profile pic.

@MaysoonD @giegie Yes. LDW's pictorials always surprise and surpass my expectations. From first teasers, drafts, until HD and official released, I enjoy all of them. And they look different from each other pictorials. 

@biglove27 Learned Japanese for years, but kanji so bad thus not improving much. @Princi_86 I would love to do full translation for the articles since it's not that much, only 1 page. But it might take some time since I have to keep checking dictionary due to my poor kanji. And thanks for the hint and articles! I'm so excited! 

@joyezz Agree with your 2 reasons. Sometimes I think, okay GR is secondary role to Goblin, and Goblin is the main character with drama titled after his character. But it doesn't make LDW secondary to GY. Why people just don't understand this? Just like EO lady? So shallow! Better LDW moves on with another project, focusing on himself as the lead actor.

• Like 14

@joyezz I love that one, too! He looks so handsome in white. Funny thing about me saying or claiming I like this photo the best or I prefer this pic than others, and suddenly someone said their preference and I will be immediately switching mine as well, thinking that 'oww, that one is nice, why I didnt't think of that as the best' hahaha. I guess all his pictorials are so awesome I got confused.

From Mnet Japan show 'MTaMe BANG!' twitter. The captions there said on 4 May 2017, [let's support] first time broadcast with LDW who starred in Dokkebi, who had Seoul FM, his first in 6 years, and he self-MC it. Make sure to check it out on air! 

Actually I'm not sure it's for Dokkebi promotion or what. Mnet Japan airs Dokkebi drama there (every Friday, but this will air on Thursday). Looks like same outfit for his Hanryu Pia May 2017. Is there any interview coming? I hope so.

DBvDDMtUIAAHI0M.jpg

Jimmy Choo pictorials video uploaded by Arena Homme+ IG, same video posted before but without watermark. Enjoy!

From Naver, LDW said 'A good perfume blends with you, when other smells it, "Oh, that's him!", they can notice it.' (translated by KoreanUpdates.com) 

• Like 10

23 hours ago, bean5bean5 said:

I love Wookie in white! It'll be great if he can play doctor for his next project. Thanks for updates and @Puppywookie :thumbsup:

Totally agree! Looking forward to see him in such a role. I would also love to see him acting in a drama which involves my industry (healthcare) or my line of work (Nurse or doctor also can). :D

• Like 5

@joyezz I see, what a cute reason from you. LDW is such an adorable cutie pie. I want to mess his adorable hair as well. LOL. How about these? Is he adorable to you? Kyakyakyakyakya.

DB_QVXhV0AAbczU.jpg

DB_QVXbUAAAPwhs.jpg

DB_QVXbU0AA2K0u.jpg

DB_QVXcUAAAq2ql.jpg

DB_QX-WUwAAxMUa.jpg

DB_QX-XUAAM2YlW.jpg

DB_QX-XUAAE-1_T.jpg

Hohohoho, your Conan gif creates an evil thought in my stupid brain. I'm attending a company seminar right now. It's so boring I wish I have magic wand with me that I can flick and change the speaker into LDW in his Seoul FM tuxedo. And change the banner at speaker's back into writings "LDW First Fan Meeting in Texas 2017". The only thing I won't change is my current front row seat. LOL. So sleepy I end up spamming this thread with cutie pie LDW.

Zaobao.com.sg uploaded an interview with LDW during his closed press con in SG. The multiple choice quick quiz looks fun. I'm interested in his answers though. But I don't understand Chinese that much and the subtitle didn't cover them. Hope anyone here can help translate.

• Like 11

Wookie plays funny game. There is no translation on some parts, but it seams that he has chosen playing good guy over bad guy. That's so Wookie. I have also felt that he want to stick to the good guy image unlike his fans who have been crying out during press con and asking him to play bad guy. 

His smile is life :wub:

UPD: posted and then reloaded the paga. @noname111 during her boring seminar has posted before haha. fighting there! Try to imagine wookie dancing TT there in front of you :D or showing abs haha

• Like 9

@noname111 you crack me up as always .Maybe someday Wookie visit USA to promote his movie or to attend an event concerning acting or fashion .who knows?

@Princi_86 wow 2 million views on Facebook .It is great .My favorite shy Wookie.

Gals ,after all dating news thses days ,have you ever think Wookie is next ? Or maybe hoped ? How do you think of Wookie as a husband and a father? I know how wonderful son,brother and friend he is , and I now how caring father he would be and I got feeling he would be obsessed with his kids .what about him as a husband ? I think he Would be jealous type husband with straightforward comments but at the same time he would be very very protective and supporting .That's how I feel about Wookie the husband and the father .What about you ??What do you think?

• Like 7

@noname111 Don't mess with my kid's hair! LOL. You and joyezz could team up to make hillarious meme @joyezz Helllooo for Conan! Ahahahaha I still love comics and Conan is the part of those  @MaysoonD Ahahaha we're at the same boat! Regarding all dating news, I also hope LDW will follow LJK's lead to finally revealed his girlfriend or broke the dating-rule like NJH-LSK did. LOL. But sadly, I think he's not ready for a serious one at this time. After Goblin, LDW is now in the middle of regaine his fame and not like previous actors who already satisfied with his career, LDW still ambitious with his career. There's a moment where I hope LDW will have same path with SJK for personal life.  I just had a glimpse read of SJK's interview at W whereas he talked about his private life and his wish to settle down! OMO.... I believe we'll hear the wedding bell at the end of the year for SJK. I'm not a fan of him but I'm glad to see how an actor could balance his profesional life with his personal life. But for now, I see that LDW is still happy with his career rather than focussing in his personal life, If he already has one, I believe Dispatch won't be so stupid for not revealed it 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, MaysoonD said:

@noname111 you crack me up as always .Maybe someday Wookie visit USA to promote his movie or to attend an event concerning acting or fashion .who knows?

@Princi_86 wow 2 million views on Facebook .It is great .My favorite shy Wookie.

Gals ,after all dating news thses days ,have you ever think Wookie is next ? Or maybe hoped ? How do you think of Wookie as a husband and a father? I know how wonderful son,brother and friend he is , and I now how caring father he would be and I got feeling he would be obsessed with his kids .what about him as a husband ? I think he Would be jealous type husband with straightforward comments but at the same time he would be very very protective and supporting .That's how I feel about Wookie the husband and the father .What about you ??What do you think?

Hi MaysoonD, I will love it - I hope there's someone who will take good care of him & love him soon................I guess he'll be a good Dad in the future based from some of the photos I've seen him with the kids. LDW seems to love kids. :lol:

10 Supernatural Dramas You Need To Start Watching Immediately

If you like K-Dramas and supernatural themes then this is the list for you.

Goblin-1.jpg

1. Goblin: The Lonely and Great God

This supernatural drama, featuring the talents of Gong Yoo and Kim Go Eun, is the perfect combination of bromance, romance, and (of course) an eerie twist. This drama was so popular, that it is the highest rated drama in Korean cable history. Goblins and Grim Reapers have never looked so good.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

• Like 6

On 4/24/2017 at 0:45 PM, noname111 said:

Hello everyone! 

I'm glad Arena Homme+ updated their FB with LDW's pictorials for Jimmy Choo. He looks 'alive' in those. Not that I complain about fans scans, I'm grateful someone scanned and shared to everyone to catch the first draft of our handsome LDW. He was so ever swoon worthy still. But the fans scans, he looked... icy cold? As if no blood running through his skin. I wonder if that was their concept, the washed-out color disturbed me. I even questioned my phone resolution and his health. He looked so pale! Like vampire? Thank goodness it was only resolution, brightness or photo edit issue. I love love love the final scans from Arena even more.

See? He looks more like a living handsome man.

@Puppywookie Great job! We'll look forward to more paintings from you! I always enjoy fans' effort in doing this stuff. Why don't you try the new Jimmy Choo? Him in red suit? Next week's class? Yummy. You must be enjoying painting more since the object is LDW. And love that you have your own work as profile pic.

@MaysoonD @giegie Yes. LDW's pictorials always surprise and surpass my expectations. From first teasers, drafts, until HD and official released, I enjoy all of them. And they look different from each other pictorials. 

@biglove27 Learned Japanese for years, but kanji so bad thus not improving much. @Princi_86 I would love to do full translation for the articles since it's not that much, only 1 page. But it might take some time since I have to keep checking dictionary due to my poor kanji. And thanks for the hint and articles! I'm so excited! 

@joyezz Agree with your 2 reasons. Sometimes I think, okay GR is secondary role to Goblin, and Goblin is the main character with drama titled after his character. But it doesn't make LDW secondary to GY. Why people just don't understand this? Just like EO lady? So shallow! Better LDW moves on with another project, focusing on himself as the lead actor.

@noname111 I totally agree with u, in Goblin there was like 4 main leads and not just 2. LDW is never secondary to GY!

2 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi MaysoonD, I will love it - I hope there's someone who will take good care of him & love him soon................I guess he'll be a good Dad in the future based from some of the photos I've seen him with the kids. LDW seems to love kids. :lol:

10 Supernatural Dramas You Need To Start Watching Immediately

If you like K-Dramas and supernatural themes then this is the list for you.

Goblin-1.jpg

1. Goblin: The Lonely and Great God

This supernatural drama, featuring the talents of Gong Yoo and Kim Go Eun, is the perfect combination of bromance, romance, and (of course) an eerie twist. This drama was so popular, that it is the highest rated drama in Korean cable history. Goblins and Grim Reapers have never looked so good.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

@willenette I totally agree with u,  from what I see from ROS and his (LDW) interactions with Daebak and his twin sisters, I can already see that he will be a great dad who will love his kids. How I wish i can be born to be his kid.... <3

• Like 5

3 hours ago, world_peace said:

Any of you ladies in these photos?

@world_peace No :(( We didn't have luck-_-

@MaysoonD I agree with @giegie that Wookie values his career and he has quite a lot of ambitious in it. So far his popularity is unstable. He should become total A-lister in order not to worry about his acting future. If he'll enter that group of actors he can do whatever he wants and he'll be forgiven by both fans and knetz. I'm not talking about big scandals ofc. As to what kind of husband he'll be...not sure that he'll be the one jealous. most likely his wife will be jealous with his work since he puts it ahead of everything else. too dedicated to work our namja. 

@giegie as to the project! I was thinking about that project as well, but it should start airing in July, right? And oppa said that he'll choose his project after wrapping Asia tour in July. Theoretically he can statr filming for this drama in June, but that means he should finalize casting in upcoming weeks. As to pairing with HJW I'm totally in. they will match! The only problem I see in this drama that plot seems to be more woman-oriented. I don't want another SOAW. And another issue I'm not familiar with writer and PD to know if they can create hit drama.

What do you think about this one?

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/03/doctors-writer-returns-with-new-drama-temperature-of-love/

It's from "Doctor"'s writer and plot sounds quite refreshing. It's not medical drama but idk why I have feeling that this Nice Soup can be quite similar to Lee Tae Jo from "Partners". And Wookie loves unique plots. This article has appeared on March, 1st, before Wookie's fm where I believe he already knew his next project. Which means it can be possible option. But who knows maybe it's completely different drama which hasn't been announced yet. Possible pairing: Seo Hyun Jin. They can create lots of fun and hot chemistry. 

From Dramabeans:

The writer of last year’s hit summer drama Doctors, Ha Myung-hee, is rewriting her novel Nice Soup Does Not Answer the Phone into a drama titled Temperature of Love. The source material depicts the complicated love lives of today’s young people who battle with loneliness and other emotional scars, but writer Ha has revealed her intentions to put a brighter rom-com spin on the drama adaptation.

The setup reminds me of This Week My Wife Will Have an Affair because it all starts with an Internet forum. A soon-to-be-married individual joins an online cooking forum, and on the first night, enjoys an interesting conversation that lasts throughout the night. So enthralled with this new experience, that person gets another friend to join as well, and they both get to know a man who goes by the handle “Nice Soup.” The original book explores how relationships develop in this Internet era where misunderstandings and prejudice abound because of screen-only-based communication.

Since casting and a drama script for Temperature of Love have yet to be finalized, it probably won’t be broadcast until this fall.

• Like 7

Hello! I am a very new, very baby LDW fan. I have only seen a few of his dramas so far (Goblin, Ironman/Blademan (MY FAVE), Scent of a woman, a couple eps of My Girl (which I put down as it's not my taste but will inevitably pick up again when bored because, well, BABY WOOK), and have started Hotel King. I am having a hard time finding some of the titles he is in available for legal watching in my region (ie: they're not on viki or dramafever, like the Joseon one). It is also taking me longer to watch his stuff because rather than watch it ALL AT ONCE, I am breaking it up by watching a drama or two in between one of his to spread out the LDW joy even longer for me. I don't want this newness to end ;n;

Can any of you recommend his next best few dramas/movies? I am saving the ones where he has a skinny moustache for last because, well, avoidance tactics, haha. (don't kill me)

I would have to say that Iron Man/Blade Man was my fave performance of his that I have seen so far because, as an actress myself, I know exactly what went into getting into that role and how soul and energy sucking that role must have been. Not only was it a high-octane role physically, but emotionally as well. I think he blew it out of the water and I can't think of anyone else doing a better job.

I am very excited for his NEW project after the success of Goblin. I like fantasy, actually prefer it, but from what I've been reading it seems like he wants to do something a little more down to earth and I can accept that (hell, if he played a crab-apple tree, I would accept that). A suspenseful doctor drama intrigues me, actually.

My fantasy drama pairing is Park Bo Young And LDW! I think that with both of their other-worldly personalities and out of this world acting abilities, plus their super cute size/height difference, they would make a fantastic drama couple. I thought this after watching her in Oh! My Ghostess, and was given fuel for fire after finishing SWDBS today! And gaining on the successes of both of their recently ended dramas, I can see them climbing farther up together.

I'll shush it now. But, yes, if any of you can point me in the direction of what I should watch next after Hotel King? And do any of you know if he's ever or is ever planning to do a North American tour? (I think I would be too embarrassed to go, though. I'm not exactly the "ideal" NA dream concept woman weight wise ;n; )

• Like 9