[Drama 2024] Marry My Husband, 내 남편과 결혼해줘

larus

Spoiler

Park Min Young Gets Her Revenge On Cheating Husband Lee Yi Kyung In “Marry My Husband”

Park Min Young Gets Her Revenge On Cheating Husband Lee Yi Kyung In “Marry My Husband”

tvN’s upcoming drama “Marry My Husband” has shared a glimpse of the evolving dynamic between Park Min Young and Lee Yi Kyung!

Based on the popular web novel of the same name, “Marry My Husband” tells the revenge story of the terminally ill Kang Ji Won (Park Min Young), who witnesses her best friend Jung Soo Min (Song Ha Yoon) and her husband Park Min Hwan (Lee Yi Kyung) having an affair—and is then murdered by her husband. When Kang Ji Won is transported 10 years back into the past and gets a second chance at life, she winds up seeking revenge together with her boss Yoo Ji Hyeok (Na In Woo).

After dating for many years as a co-worker couple, Kang Ji Won and Park Min Hwan finally get married and continue working together at the same company. In her first cycle of life, Kang Ji Won is a total doormat who lets her husband Park Min Hwan push her around and do whatever he wants. In order to protect his self-esteem and confidence, Kang Ji Won suffers in silence as she lets him get away with everything, both at home and at the office.

Meanwhile, Park Min Hwan—who was raised by an excessively doting and overindulgent mother that spoiled him rotten—feels not even a modicum of gratitude towards his self-sacrificing wife. Completely selfish and only interested in fulfilling his own desires, Park Min Hwan was only looking for a kind wife whom he could control and take advantage of in every way.

Park-Min-Young-Lee-Yi-Kyung.jpeg

However, after years of suffering at the hands of the worst husband ever, Kang Ji Won meets him again in her second cycle of life—and this time, the dynamic between them is completely different. Now that she has seen the ugly fate that letting Park Min Hwan walk all over her will lead to, Kang Ji Won takes the initiative to change her destiny and get revenge on the man who destroyed her.

Lee-Yi-Kyung-Park-Min-Young.jpeg

“Marry My Husband” will premiere on January 1, 2024 at 8:50 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1633248wpp/park-min-young-gets-her-revenge-on-cheating-husband-lee-yi-kyung-in-marry-my-husband

• Like 3

Spoiler

Na In Woo Makes Up His Mind To Help Park Min Young Take Revenge In “Marry My Husband”

Na In Woo Makes Up His Mind To Help Park Min Young Take Revenge In “Marry My Husband”

tvN’s upcoming drama “Marry My Husband” has unveiled a glimpse of Na In Woo’s character!

Based on a web novel by author Sung So Jak, “Marry My Husband” tells the revenge story of terminally ill Kang Ji Won (Park Min Young), who witnesses her best friend Jung Soo Min (Song Ha Yoon) and her husband Park Min Hwan (Lee Yi Kyung) having an affair and gets killed by Park Min Hwan. Kang Ji Won travels back 10 years into the past and seeks revenge with Yoo Ji Hyeok (Na In Woo), the head of a department who works at the same company as her.

Na In Woo will transform into the handsome and intelligent Yoo Ji Hyeok, a department head of U&K Food. Although he has status and power that could give him anything he wants, even Yoo Ji Hyeok has one variable that he cannot reasonably handle. That variable is that he becomes weak and clumsy in the face of his crush Kang Ji Won.

Despite once being a cold and indifferent boss, his attitude changes completely following Kang Ji Won’s revival. Yoo Ji Hyeok will do everything in his capabilities to help Kang Ji Won.

NIW-01.jpeg

Na In Woo shared, “Acting together with Park Min Young was by far the best. Park Min Young has more acting experience and was excellent at expressing her character, so I was also able to naturally immerse into Yoo Ji Hyeok’s character.”

NIW-03.jpeg

Na In Woo added, “I hope viewers can feel the catharsis of a thrilling revenge drama and heart-fluttering romance by paying attention to the appearance of Kang Ji Won, who is living her life for the second time, taking revenge and the narrative of my character Yoo Ji Hyeok.”

NIW-02.jpeg

“Marry My Husband” is set to premiere on January 1 at 8:50 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1633229wpp/na-in-woo-makes-up-his-mind-to-help-park-min-young-take-revenge-in-marry-my-husband

• Like 2

Spoiler

Lee Yi Kyung Talks About Playing Park Min Young’s Villainous Husband In “Marry My Husband”

Lee Yi Kyung Talks About Playing Park Min Young’s Villainous Husband In “Marry My Husband”

Lee Yi Kyung has shared his thoughts on playing the villain of tvN’s upcoming drama “Marry My Husband”!

Based on the popular web novel of the same name, “Marry My Husband” tells the revenge story of the terminally ill Kang Ji Won (Park Min Young), who witnesses her best friend Jung Soo Min (Song Ha Yoon) and her husband Park Min Hwan (Lee Yi Kyung) having an affair—and is then murdered by her husband.

When Kang Ji Won is transported 10 years back into the past and gets a second chance at life, she winds up seeking revenge together with her boss Yoo Ji Hyeok (Na In Woo).

When asked why he had chosen to play the role of Park Min Hwan, Lee Yi Kyung shared, “Starting from when I first received the script, I was drawn to the fact that [Park Min Hwan] was an unambiguous, clear-cut bad character, and that was the aspect of the role I found most appealing.”

As for his approach to the role, Lee Yi Kyung remarked, “I made an effort to keep Park Min Hwan from coming off as merely a comedic character. In order to portray his two-faced nature in a dramatic way, I’m putting my focus on carefully controlling the balance between his tough and weak sides.”

Lee-Yi-Kyung-1.jpegLee-Yi-Kyung-2.jpeg

Meanwhile, Song Ha Yoon explained her decision to play the deceitful Jung Soo Min by recalling, “The drama’s script was really fun, and I was intrigued by the aspects of Jung Soo Min that I couldn’t understand.”

The actress also revealed that she tried to capture Jung Soo Min’s complex feelings and state of mind by choosing costumes with a wide variety of colors. “However,” she added, “in contrast to her complicated state of mind, I tried to portray Soo Min’s life in a simple way.”

Song-Ha-Yoon-1.jpeg

Spoiler

Song-Ha-Yoon-2.jpeg

“Marry My Husband” will premiere on January 1, 2024 at 8:50 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1633697wpp/lee-yi-kyung-talks-about-playing-park-min-youngs-villainous-husband-in-marry-my-husband

• Like 2

News bites: December 27, 2023

by tccolb

https://photo.newsen.com/news_photo/2023/12/20/202312201417416310_2.jpg

tvN’s Marry My Husband released another trailer as well, setting the stage for our heroine Park Min-young (Love in Contract) to re-do her life and get rid of the trash for good. Signaling a fresh start with a January 1 premiere, the revenge rom-com also stars Na In-woo (Longing for You), Lee Yi-kyung (Critical X), and Song Ha-yoon (Oh! Young-shim). [Newsen]

122437106.3.jpg

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/12/news-bites-december-27-2023/

• Like 2

Spoiler

Park Min Young Has 3 Very Different Men In Her Life In “Marry My Husband”

Park Min Young Has 3 Very Different Men In Her Life In “Marry My Husband”

Park Min Young will have three men pursuing her in very different ways in tvN’s upcoming drama “Marry My Husband”!

Based on the popular web novel of the same name, “Marry My Husband” tells the revenge story of the terminally ill Kang Ji Won (Park Min Young), who witnesses her best friend Jung Soo Min (Song Ha Yoon) and her husband Park Min Hwan (Lee Yi Kyung) having an affair—and is then murdered by her husband.

When Kang Ji Won is transported 10 years back into the past and gets a second chance at life, she winds up seeking revenge together with her boss Yoo Ji Hyeok (Na In Woo).

A handsome alpha male blessed with brains, beauty, and a privileged background, Yoo Ji Hyeok seems to have everything going for him. However, he only has eyes for one woman: Kang Ji Won. Although he isn’t easily flustered and usually maintains his composure in any situation, the normally imperturbable Yoo Ji Hyeok gets endearingly awkward whenever he’s around the object of his affections.

During her second cycle of life, the smitten Yoo Ji Hyeok will become a dependable ally in Kang Ji Won’s quest for revenge.

Na-In-Woo.jpg

Meanwhile, Park Min Hwan will get viewers’ blood boiling as Kang Ji Won’s detestable husband, who is practically her worst enemy. Although he is unreliable in every way, Park Min Hwan is a charmer who somehow manages to win everyone over. In her first cycle of life, Kang Ji Won was completely under Park Min Hwan’s spell—but it remains to be seen whether his charms will still work on her when she goes back in time for her second cycle.

Lee-Yi-Kyung-1.jpg

Finally, Highlight’s Lee Gikwang will play the role of Baek Eun Ho, a handsome chef whose first love was Kang Ji Won back in high school. Due to an unfortunate incident during his school days, Baek Eun Ho closed his heart and kept his distance from romance. However, when he unexpectedly runs into Kang Ji Won again 10 years later at a class reunion, all his old feelings for her come rushing back—and he decides to go after her one more time.

Lee-Gikwang-1.jpg

To find out which of these men will manage to win Kang Ji Won’s heart, tune in to the premiere of “Marry My Husband” on January 1 at 8:50 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1634010wpp/park-min-young-has-3-very-different-men-in-her-life-in-marry-my-husband

• Like 2

by Lily Alice, December 29, 2023
10  6

Park Min Young and Lee Yi Kyung play the married couple in Marry My Husband.

Based on the popular web novel of the same name, Marry My Husband is a fantasy drama that tells the story of a woman who, after coming to know the affair between her best friend and husband, gets murdered and goes ten years back in time to rewrite her life.

Kang Ji Won (Park Min Young) and Park Min Hwan (Lee Yi Kyung), who were once an office couple, eventually tied the knot after being in a long relationship. 

While Ji Won knew Min Hwan desired a submissive woman whom he could control as he pleased, she chose to ignore this fact because she wanted to be the only family he had. She endured an unhappy marriage, tolerating everything at home and at work so as not to discourage her husband.

On the contrary, Min Hwan never considered Ji Won's sacrifices significant. Raised under excessive maternal love, he prioritized only his pleasures and delights. To him, a wife should excel in everything, be it serving his mother, work, childbirth, or childcare. 

x4QQwN_2f.png

Instead of appreciating his wife, Min Hwan hurt her by cheating on her. 

As their lives rewind to ten years ago, the drama portrays a noticeable change in the dynamics between the two. Ji Won, who was trampled upon, begins to take bold steps to reclaim everything she lost.

WPNNAX_2f.png

Actor Lee Yi Kyung, stating his reason for choosing the project, said, "Park Min Hwan is a bad guy with only an exit but no entrance. From the moment I received the script, it caught my attention because he was an unambiguous and clearly bad character, and that part was the most attractive."

Marry My Husband will premiere on January 1. The K-drama will be made available on Prime Video. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/park-min-young-decides-to-rewrite-her-life-in-marry-my-husband

• Like 2

Watch: Park Min Young Walks In On Her Cheating Husband And Best Friend In “Marry My Husband” Preview

Watch: Park Min Young Walks In On Her Cheating Husband And Best Friend In “Marry My Husband” Preview

tvN has released a heartbreaking preview of its upcoming drama “Marry My Husband”!

In the newly released sneak peek of the drama, Kang Ji Won unexpectedly comes home to find her husband in bed with her best friend. As she quietly approaches the bedroom, she hears Jung Soo Min say, “But I think you’re really smart, darling. How did you even think of taking out cancer insurance [on Ji Won]?”

Park Min Hwan responds with a smirk, “Her father died of cancer. When she started getting weak and losing weight, I thought this was the right time, so I quickly signed up [for an insurance policy].”

As the cheating couple finally enters the shocked Kang Ji Won’s line of vision, Jung Soo Min says, “Wow, that was so smart of you. Did you say it was 1 billion won [approximately $772,123]?” Park Min Hwan replies, “Yep. If she dies. But I already got the insurance payout for her diagnosis, which is what I used to pay for the bag I bought you. And in order to buy you an even more expensive bag, I invested the leftover money in stocks.”

Jung Soo Min goes on, “When Ji Won dies, let’s buy a house.” Park Min Hwan enthusiastically agrees, then adds, “Ah, but this RickRoll'D is holding out for longer than I expected. I was afraid of this happening, so even after I took out that insurance policy, I intentionally didn’t tell her to go see a doctor.”

“She’s a bit resilient,” says Jung Soo Min thoughtfully. “Should I take her for a walk and then give her a bit of a push?”

“Marry My Husband” will premiere on January 1, 2024 at 8:50 p.m. KST. Check out the new preview below

https://www.soompi.com/article/1634324wpp/watch-park-min-young-walks-in-on-her-cheating-husband-and-best-friend-in-marry-my-husband-preview

• Like 2

Premiere Watch: Marry My Husband

by missvictrix

Time slot: Monday-Tuesday
Broadcaster: tvN
Genre: Rom-com, revenge
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: Are you ready? Park Min-young’s latest is upon us, and it looks like Marry My Husband is going to lean 110% into its high drama (or had better!). Park Min-young plays our wronged heroine — her husband’s been cheating on her with her bestie, and her whole life blows to hell. But then she gets another chance. Go back in time. Get (p)revenge. Marry a better dude. Have a happy ending.

Now, if this sounds familiar to you, that’s because this premise is dramaland’s flavor of the season. We’ve gotten Jung Yoo-min’s version in Perfect Marriage Revenge, we just met the Jang Nara remix with My Happy Ending, and next up is Park Min-young’s version. What Marry My Husband also has going for it is a fun mash-up cast including: Na In-woo, Lee Ki-kwang, Song Ha-yoon, Lee Yi-kyung, and more. (I myself was disappointed that Lee Yi-kyung didn’t get to be swoony for a change — he can do it — but maybe next time.)

TL;DR: Wronged wife gets life reboot and seeks revenge (Park Min-young version)

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/12/premiere-watch-marry-my-husband/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• larus changed the title to [Current Drama 2024] Marry My Husband, 내 남편과 결혼해줘-Park Min Young & Na In Woo-Mon & Tue @20:50 KST
1 hour ago, partyon said:

This husband must be the worst one ever to exist in kdrama land.

He is almost as bad as some of the Thai lakorn barf husbands out there. @Lmangla @joccu

Also, why does the FL keep falling over in this drama?

@maribella Once again a drama you would like. @liyahsbutterfly you too :D

Who Knows Yes GIF by Bounce

I have had enough of travelling back in time.

Perfect Marriage Revenge could have removed the ‘in the past’ element and it would not affect the storyline much imho.

I hope Jang Nara’s show doesn’t have reincarnation or the likes.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

Here is the ratings for Episode's 1! :).

“Marry My Husband” Premieres To Strong Ratings

“Marry My Husband” Premieres To Strong Ratings

Park Min Young’s highly-anticipated new revenge drama “Marry My Husband” has finally premiered on the first day of the new year!

According to Nielsen Korea, the premiere episode of tvN’s “Marry My Husband” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 5.2 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1634543wpp/marry-my-husband-premieres-to-strong-ratings

• Like 3

Park Min Young Begins Her Transformation To Get Revenge On Her Ex-Husband Lee Yi Kyung In “Marry My Husband”

Jan 2, 2024
by S. Nam

tvN’s “Marry My Husband” has unveiled new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

Spoilers

In her first life, Kang Ji Won suffered and had a difficult time with her work life and her private life with in-laws who ignored and looked down upon her. Not to mention, even as Kang Ji Won was battling cancer, she met an unfortunate end due to her husband Park Min Hwan and best friend Jung Soo Min.

However, Kang Ji Won gets a second chance at life when she returns to 10 years in the past, and she resolves to get revenge against the two who pushed her to the edge.

The newly released stills reveal Park Min Hwan fallen on the ground while covered in side dishes. Jung Soo Min is also kneeling on the ground trying to help Park Min Hwan, and standing above them is Kang Ji Won as the whole cafeteria looks in their direction.

marry-my-husband-2.jpeg

In particular, Kang Ji Won’s brazen expression signals her transformation. Kang Ji Won looks cold and indifferent unlike how she did in her past life, and the way she quickly changes her facial expression to appear concerned makes viewers excited for her second chance at life and revenge.

marry-my-husband-3.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1634674wpp/park-min-young-begins-her-transformation-to-get-revenge-on-her-ex-husband-lee-yi-kyung-in-marry-my-husband

• Thanks 1

11+ New K-Dramas To Add To Your Watch List In January 2024

Jan 2, 2024
by D. Kim

A new year has arrived along with a new batch of K-dramas! 2024 is starting strong with a variety of new dramas to satisfy fans of diverse genres.

Here are new K-dramas to check out in January:

“Marry My Husband”

marry-my-husband.jpeg

Cast: Park Min Young, Na In Woo, Lee Yi Kyung, Song Ha Yoon, Lee Gikwang

Premiere Date: January 1

Broadcast Details: Mondays and Tuesdays at 8:50 p.m. KST on tvN

https://www.soompi.com/article/1634627wpp/11-new-k-dramas-to-add-to-your-watch-list-in-january-2024

• Thanks 1

Here is the ratings for Episode's 2! :).

“Marry My Husband” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode As “Love Song For Illusion” Joins Fierce Race

“Marry My Husband” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode As “Love Song For Illusion” Joins Fierce Race

The second episode of tvN’s new drama “Marry My Husband” starring Park Min Young, Na In WooLee Yi Kyung, and Song Ha Yoon garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 5.9 percent. This is a 0.7 percent increase from its premiere episode’s rating of 5.2 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1634824wpp/marry-my-husband-ratings-rise-for-2nd-episode-as-love-song-for-illusion-joins-fierce-race

• Like 1

hohstMN.gif

Happy New Year! It's time again for our annual Soompi Forums Awards.

Which dramas were your favorite in 2023?

Vote here for Poll #1:

Your Event Organizers

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (January 6, 2024)

by DB Staff

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

missvictrix

Marry My Husband: I only saw Episode 1 so far and… it was way more fun and watchable than I was expecting. Watching Ji-won try to piece together the logic of her time-slip and plan her next move was what made this fun for me. I’m a little disappointed with Na In-woo (sorry dude), but I’m willing to be won over [while simultaneously fantasy-casting Choi Jin-hyuk in the role instead].

DaebakGrits

Mary My Husband: I’m not much of a Park Min-young fan, so I was a bit wary of this drama even though I was intrigued by another life-reboot-to-get-rid-of-my-shitty-husband plot. So far, I’m not impressed by most of the directing or acting choices, and the only thing keeping me interested is my curiosity to know what will happen next — especially as far as Ji-hyuk is concerned. (He’s obviously another time traveler, right?) I’m going to stick with it for now, but on the plus side, if I decide to drop it, I still have the webtoon to read and satisfy my curiosity.

Unit

Marry My Husband: How is Ji-won not dead again after tripping and falling over so many times in Episode 1? Also, is there a law which states that the male leads in back-to-the-past dramas have to wear ill-fitting suits?

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/01/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-january-6-2024/

• Like 2