[Drama 2023] Destined with You, 이 연애는 불가항력

larus

I was super excited about this drama because I love Rowoon, but the plot so far has not get me into it that much.
There is even one of my favorite ajuhmmas, Kim Hye-ok, in the drama but her shaman role has been so little.

The drama feels generally too slow in developing their relationship...

Jo Bo Ah And Rowoon Face Contrasting Situations With Ha Jun And Yura In “Destined With You”

Aug 30, 2023
by S. Kim

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Destined With You” has teased viewers with new stills!

“Destined With You” is a romance drama starring Rowoon as Jang Shin Yu, a lawyer bound by a centuries-old curse, and Jo Bo Ah as Lee Hong Jo, a civil servant who holds the key to Jang Shin Yu’s freedom in the form of a banned book that was sealed 300 years ago.

The newly released still captures Lee Hong Jo getting down on her plans to use spells for love. Lee Hong Jo, who sneaks into the conference room, sits on the chair dedicated to policy adviser Kwon Jae Kyung (Ha Jun), looking extremely excited. It appears that Lee Hong Jo is trying to fill Kwon Jae Kyung’s water glass with enchanted water that she created with a magic spell she found in the banned book.

jo-bo-ah-01.jpeg

In the next still, Kwon Jae Kyung lifts the glass of water, raising viewers’ anticipation about whether Lee Hong Jo’s magic spell will work.

ha-jun-01.jpeg

ha-jun-01.jpeg

The meeting between Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu also captures attention. The two, who used to quarrel whenever they meet each other, exude friendly vibes for an unknown reason. While Lee Hong Jo has a relaxed smile on her face, Jang Shin Yu appears to be somewhat sulky.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1610305wpp/jo-bo-ah-and-rowoon-face-contrasting-situations-with-ha-jun-and-yura-in-destined-with-you

• Like 3

Here are the rating for Episode 3! :).

“Longing For You” Ratings Soar To New Personal Best

“Longing For You” Ratings Soar To New Personal Best

Meanwhile, episode 3 of JTBC’s “Destined With You” achieved an average nationwide rating of 2.0 percent, seeing a small dip from its previous episode’s rating.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1610528wpp/longing-for-you-ratings-soar-to-new-personal-best

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, August 31, 2023
3 9

The JTBC drama Destined With You, led by Jo Bo Ah and Rowoon, hit its lowest nationwide viewership of 2.009% for its third episode. The drama has maintained a streak of 2% ratings since its premiere and is losing its domestic fan base. But, contrary to the domestic ratings, Destined With You is emerging as a hit among international viewers. 

vXQKog_2f.jpg

With a total of 8.1 million viewed hours, and 3.5 million views from August 21st - August 27th, Destined With You ranks fourth on Netflix's "Global Top 10" list. The drama is gaining popularity in the Western, European, African, Middle East, as well as Asian countries (FlixPatrol). 

RBeEBV_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama  Destined With You?

Episode 4 of Destined With You will air on August 31st (Thursday). Stream the K-drama on Netflix

https://mydramalist.com/article/destined-with-you-ranks-on-netflix-s-top-10-list-despite-dropping-to-lowest-domestic-rating

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Here are the rating for Episode 4! :).

“Destined With You” Ratings Climb Back Up As “The Killing Vote” Remains No. 1

“Destined With You” Ratings Climb Back Up As “The Killing Vote” Remains No. 1

Ratings for JTBC’s “Destined With You” rose for the first time since its premiere last night!

On August 31, the fantasy romance drama starring SF9’s Rowoon and Jo Bo Ah enjoyed a significant increase in viewership from its previous episode the night before. According to Nielsen Korea, the fourth episode of “Destined With You” scored an average nationwide rating of 2.8 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1610710wpp/destined-with-you-ratings-climb-back-up-as-the-killing-vote-remains-no-1

• Like 2

by Lily Alice, September 1, 2023
4 3

After hitting its lowest viewership of 2.009%, the JTBC drama Destined With You rose to a nationwide rating of 2.77% for episode 4, falling under the top 10 shows airing on JTBC on Thursday. The K-drama's average rating for its second week is 2.39%. 

Destined With You is also a hit among international viewers, as the streaming analytics website FlixPatrol shows the K-drama ranking on Netflix's top 10 charts in numerous countries from across the globe. 

1woVb5_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Destined With You?

Episode 5 of Destined With You will air on September 6th (Wednesday). Stream the K-drama on Netflix

https://mydramalist.com/article/destined-with-you-ratings-see-improvement-the-killing-vote-remains-constant

• Like 2

Destined With You: Episodes 3-4

by Unit

DWY4-00021.jpg

Between breaking curses and casting spells, our amateur shaman has her hands full. Our cursed leading man is no better as he gets into yet another unwanted entrapment. But falling under a spell isn’t so bad, especially when it has destiny written all over it.

EPISODES 3-4

It turns out that Shin-yu was headed to see Na-yeon when Red Hand came to cuddle, leading him to crash his car. And of all places to crash into, it had to be the newly decorated median strip — which was Hong-jo’s project. Ha! Ms. Red is indeed no respecter of the competition. Well, it’ll please her greatly to know that Shin-yu has cold feet about his impending marriage to Na-yeon (because he doesn’t want to burden her with his sickness). Or he’s really not that into her because hesitation is never a good sign in a relationship.

Cold feet? Pfft. Hong-jo can’t relate. She happily skips to work the next morning armed with her love potion, and sneaks into a conference room to spike Jae-kyung’s water with it. I mean, what could go wrong with her perfect plan… aside from not getting the chance to see if Jae-kyung actually drank the water because she’s soon called away to inspect the wreckage of the median strip. Hehe.

Naturally, Hong-jo comes for a consultation with City Hall’s legal representative, Shin-yu. “A lunatic has crashed into the flower baskets on my median strip. What should I do?” Ermm… allow insurance to cover the damage? Nah. Hong-jo chooses violence and rains fire and brimstone on the lunatic, threatening a lawsuit and whatnot. Shin-yu calmly defends said lunatic while laying out the facts of the case, and Hong-jo is slightly flustered when she realizes that he was the one who got into the accident.

In the meantime, Shin-yu wants his spell ASAP, and to the overly busy and overworked Hong-jo, he tells her to hand over her task for the day to her less busy colleagues. You know what, maybe she does need the bratty Shin-yu to teach her how to stand up for herself.

Hong-jo gets the day off and they go to get the wooden box from her house. She teases Shin-yu for believing in superstitions, but when he points out that the love spell is missing, she tries to wrestle the spell book out of his grip and they get transported into a scene from crash landing on the couch. Classic K-drama moment! Next thing you know, our OTP is on a road trip to Shin-yu’s vacation villa up in the mountains — where Hong-jo bursts all my bubbles by saying that pork belly is more attractive to her than Shin-yu is. Girl, I know food is life, but why are you lying?

Our OTP goes hiking to find a plant to be used for the spell, and Hong-jo guesses that Shin-yu wants to use the Cure Disease spell. He admits he is cursed. And when she tells him to go to the hospital if he’s sick, he asks if she has ever been so desperate for something to the point that she’d grasp at straws. If I already didn’t, now I feel sorry for Shin-yu. Hong-jo is the first to find the plant and of course, she’s too short to reach it. So he leans in with his longer limbs and they have another K-drama moment. Knock it off, you two.

It’s a full moon at night, and Shin-yu comes out in a suit while Hong-jo is in a white dress. Nice! I didn’t get a proposal, but I guess this is also fine. Except these two aren’t out to say their vows: they’re here to cast a spell. At some point, Shin-yu goes down on his knees and I’m thinking, where’s the ring? But it’s all part of the ritual process. Pssh. When they’re done, Hong-jo asks how he feels. His heart rate has spiked and his body moves how it usually does when Red Hand is about to show up. Oddly enough, Ms. Red is nowhere to be found. Still, Shin-yu can’t let down his guard around Hong-jo, and he tells her to go inside.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/09/destined-with-you-episodes-3-4/

• Like 1

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (September 2, 2023)

by DB Staff

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

missvictrix

Destined With You: Like @unit has so rightly said, this drama got loads more fun in Week 2 — and I already liked it anyway – so now I’m hooked. I cannot help but not be charmed by Rowoon’s derpyness, which he brings to every role, and it amuses me to no end. Also the whole love potion thing is so ripe for hijinks I find myself wondering why dramaland hasn’t done more of it.

Dramaddictally

Destined With You: Rowoon is funny here! I’m so happy to finally see him in a role where he gets to play up his goofiness. And his face while under a love spell? That’s what I’m here for. I adore these leads together.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/09/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-september-2-2023/

• Like 1

Rowoon Emerges as the New King of Rom-Coms in ‘Destined With You’

krishkimkrishkim

371764371_834143821414764_52048823559717

If a fresh face dominates the rom-com landscape, it’s Rowoon from JTBC’s Destined With You.

In the show, he plays Jang Shin Yoo, a lawyer hit with a family curse that can only be broken by meeting “the owner of the neck amulet,” played by Jo Bo Ah. The chemistry is palpable, and the comedic timing Rowoon brings to the show adds another layer of enjoyment.

Rowoon’s romantic chops aren’t something new; he’s proven his mettle in past smash hits like Extraordinary You, She Would Never Know, and The King’s Affection. In this new role, he doesn’t fail to deliver, especially with the intricate relationship with his two-year girlfriend Yoon Na Yeon (Yura). While Shin Yoo comes off as cold and gruff to everyone else, he shifts gears when he looks at Na Yeon. He adds complexity when contemplating breaking up with Na Yeon because he fears his own pain will make her suffer.

The allure of Rowoon’s performance is further magnified by how he adapts his romantic acting depending on the co-star. When he’s with Hong Jo (Jo Bo Ah), you can’t help but feel they’re linked by destiny. The two are caught in a web of intricate scenarios, from a fateful encounter to a “love potion.” From his straightforward manner and subtle checks on guys around Hong Jo, his charms crank up the immersion level.

As if nailing the romantic aspect wasn’t enough, Rowoon ups the ante with his comedic skills. He’s transformed what could be a rigid, grouchy lawyer into a delightful comedic standout. Whether he’s tossing out self-praising comments or delivering lines that could easily sound cheesy, he does it all with a dry wit that elevates the humor.

Rowoon And Jo Bo Ah’s Relationship Changes After Learning They’re Fated In “Destined With You”

Rowoon And Jo Bo Ah’s Relationship Changes After Learning They’re Fated In “Destined With You”

Sep 6, 2023
by E. Cha

Get ready for a turning point in SF9’s Rowoon and Jo Bo Ah’s relationship in “Destined With You”!

“Destined with You” is a new JTBC romance drama starring Rowoon as Jang Shin Yu, a lawyer bound by a centuries-old curse, and Jo Bo Ah as Lee Hong Jo, a civil servant who holds the key to Jang Shin Yu’s freedom in the form of a banned book that was sealed 300 years ago.

Spoilers

Previously on “Destined with You,” Jang Shin Yu was unable to contain his explosive feelings for Lee Hong Jo after accidentally consuming her love potion. When they sought out Eun Wol (Kim Hye Ok) to figure out a way to break the spell, she hit Lee Hong Jo with a shocking truth: their fates were intertwined and could not be severed.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming fifth episode, Jang Shin Yu and Lee Hong Jo continue to bicker as they spend some quality time together near the beach. As they sit across from one another at a restaurant, Lee Hong Jo shoots Jang Shin Yu an exasperated look, while he defiantly returns her gaze with his arms crossed.

“Jang Shin Yu, who is helplessly drawn to Lee Hong Jo, continues to try to fight the spell and deny his feelings for her,” shared the drama’s production team.

Spoiler

Jo-Bo-Ah.jpg

Spoiler

Rowoon.jpg

Later, when Lee Hong Jo reaches out a hand to Jang Shin Yu while sitting on the sand at the beach, he looks down at her with mixed emotions and an unreadable expression as he battles his own complicated feelings.

However, the new knowledge that their destinies are irrevocably linked brings about subtle changes in their dynamic. “There will be a turning point in [Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu’s] relationship,” revealed the drama’s production team. “The tense love triangle between Lee Hong Jo, Jang Shin Yu, and Kwon Jae Kyung will also become fully formed.”

Jo-Bo-Ah-2.jpg

Spoiler

Rowoon-2.jpg

Rowoon-Jo-Bo-Ah.jpg

The next episode of “Destined with You” airs on September 6 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1612012wpp/rowoon-and-jo-bo-ahs-relationship-changes-after-learning-theyre-fated-in-destined-with-you

• Like 1

Here are the rating for Episode 5! :).

“Longing For You” Heads Into Finale On All-Time Ratings High

“Longing For You” Heads Into Finale On All-Time Ratings High

Meanwhile, episode 5 of JTBC’s “Destined With You” earned an average nationwide rating of 2.8 percent, maintaining the same score as its previous episode’s rating.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1612112wpp/longing-for-you-heads-into-finale-on-all-time-ratings-high

Jo Bo Ah And Rowoon Try To Defy Fate In “Destined With You”

Sep 7, 2023
by S. Kim

SF9’s Rowoon and Jo Bo Ah are facing a whirlwind of emotions in “Destined With You”!

“Destined With You” is a JTBC romance drama starring Rowoon as Jang Shin Yu, a lawyer bound by a centuries-old curse, and Jo Bo Ah as Lee Hong Jo, a civil servant who holds the key to Jang Shin Yu’s freedom in the form of a banned book that was sealed 300 years ago.

Spoilers

Previously, Jang Shin Yu was uncontrollably attracted to Lee Hong Jo and was confused by Yoon Na Yeon’s (Yura’s) proposal. Jang Shin Yu tried to distance himself from Lee Hong Jo, but it was just impossible. In the end, Jang Shin Yu ended up looking for Lee Hong Jo again under the influence of alcohol. After Lee Hong Jo drove a drunk Jang Shin Yu home, Jang Shin Yu asked Lee Hong Jo, “You never had feelings for me not even once?” and leaned toward her as if he was trying to kiss her.

Amidst this situation, the newly released stills capture a subtle atmosphere between Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu. Lee Hong Jo’s complex facial expression as well as Jang Shin Yu’s face full of heartache stimulate viewers’ curiosity about whether the two will be able to defy fate as they wish.

jo-bo-ah1.jpeg

rowoon1.jpeg

rowoon2.jpeg

The production team remarked, “Mixed emotions begin to sprout in Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu’s relationship, which began with a magic spell for love. [In the upcoming episode,] a third spell will appear to defy fate. Please stay tuned to find out whether [the spell] will be effective.”

The next episode of “Destined With You” will air on September 7 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1612165wpp/jo-bo-ah-and-rowoon-try-to-defy-fate-in-destined-with-you

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, September 7, 2023

The JTBC drama Destined With You scored an average nationwide viewership of 2.80% for its fifth episode, a slight improvement from its previous episode's rating of 2.77%. 

Despite the single-digit domestic ratings, Destined With You continues to interest global audiences as the show moved from fourth to third spot on the list of global top 10 shows on Netflix (non-English) and has a total of 13.2 million viewed hours, as of September 3rd (top10.netflix.com). The drama's current rating on MDL is 8.3/10.

RBev3x_2f.jpg

When and where to watch the K-drama  Destined With You?

Episode 6 of Destined With You will air on September 7th (Thursday). Stream the K-drama on Netflix

https://mydramalist.com/article/destined-with-you-retains-its-popularity-longing-for-you-sets-personal-record

• Like 1

Here are the rating for Episode 6! :).

“Longing For You” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet + “Destined With You” Rises

“Longing For You” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet + “Destined With You” Rises

Meanwhile, JTBC’s “Destined with You” climbed back up to an average nationwide rating of 2.8 percent for the night.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1612342wpp/longing-for-you-ends-on-its-highest-ratings-yet-destined-with-you-rises

The JTBC rom-com Destined With You fell to a rating of 2.56% (episode 6) from 2.80% (episode 5). Its average rating for the third week of airing is 2.68%. The first episode of the K-drama still remains the one with the highest nationwide viewership of 2.91%. But, the craze of Destined With You cannot be judged from domestic ratings alone. The show is emerging as a hit on Netflix in numerous countries across the globe. 

4e56eY_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Destined With You?

Episode 7 of Destined With You will air on September 13th (Wednesday). Stream the K-drama on Netflix

https://mydramalist.com/article/the-killing-vote-drops-to-lowest-ratings-longing-for-you-concludes-setting-a-personal-record