[Drama 2023] Destined with You, 이 연애는 불가항력

larus

Here are the rating for Episode 12! :).

“Destined With You” Sees Slight Ratings Rise During Chuseok Holiday

“Destined With You” Sees Slight Ratings Rise During Chuseok Holiday

JTBC’s “Destined with You” enjoyed a slight increase in viewership last night!

On September 28, the fantasy romance drama starring SF9’s Rowoon and Jo Bo Ah saw a modest rise in its ratings for the start of the Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving) holiday. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Destined with You” scored an average nationwide rating of 2.1 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1616710wpp/destined-with-you-sees-slight-ratings-rise-during-chuseok-holiday

by Lily Alice, September 28, 2023
3 8

The JTBC fantasy rom-com Destined With You achieved a nationwide rating of 2.04% for episode 11, a slight decline from its previous episode's viewership of 2.55%. So far, the drama has maintained a streak of 2%. Destined With You has also been on Netflix's global top 10 list (non-English) for five consecutive weeks and has a total of 18.9 million viewed hours as of September 24. 

x4EBDj_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Destined With You?

Episode 12 of Destined With You will air on September 28 (Thursday). Stream the K-drama on Netflix

https://mydramalist.com/article/destined-with-you-and-the-kidnapping-day-get-steady-domestic-ratings

Destined With You: Episodes 11-12

by Unit

Our OTP is finally in their dating era, and I’m here for it. Lordy, those two are about to smother me with their sweetness! But the sweetness also comes with side dishes of an emboldened stalker, an office scandal, a near-death experience, and the return of forgotten memories.

EPISODES 11-12

We pick up from where we left off last week, with Red Hand’s return. Shin-yu is quite startled, but he plays off the moment to a worried Hong-jo. On a more exciting note, it’s our OTP’s official first day as a couple, and it’s new year’s eve to boot!

Step 1 of the new couple activity manual: Get a makeover (bear hoodie for the win!). Step 2: Spend the night together — just holding hands. (Get a grip, @Unit! What did you think was going to happen?) Step 3: See the sunrise together (her new year’s day tradition with her dad. May his soul rest in peace). Step 4: Run into Jae-kyung. Oops! Step 5: Invite him over for breakfast and make him cook. He did say that he’s good at cooking and cleaning. Step 6: Act cute around each other and make Jae-kyung lose his appetite. Loool. They’re adorable!

But the more adorable our OTP is, the more betrayed Jae-kyung feels. “How could you [be all lovey dovey] in front of the house? It hasn’t been 100 days since you said you liked me,” a drunk Jae-kyung says to Hong-jo. And she corrects him — having a crush on him is not the same as liking him. Ouch! “You guys don’t look good together. Your height difference is too much.” He continues, and lol! I like drunk Jae-kyung, he’s cute. Unfortunately, when Jae-kyung and Hong-jo leave for work the next morning, Garden Man in all his stalkery glory gets a shot of them, and sends the picture as a present to Na-yeon.

Speaking of sending presents, a potted plant is sent to Shin-yu courtesy of Na-yeon (and Garden Man — who buried the black magic spell items in the pot). Sigh. Shin-yu, weren’t you taught to never accept gifts from strangers? Fine, Na-yeon isn’t exactly a stranger, but the point still stands. Anyway, Shin-yu scolds Na-yeon for playing the daddy card in trying to transfer Hong-jo out of City Hall. “I chased her around first. I liked her first. So take your anger out on me.” In other words, Na-yeon, pick on someone your own size.

Shin-yu informs his doctor that his tactile hallucinations (a.k.a. Red Hand) are back — not that there’s any medical explanation that can account for his curse. As Shin-yu reflects on the curse, Shaman Eun-wol’s words about him killing the owner of the bloody hand floats across his mind.

Shin-yu also recollects a memory of his past life where he wrote a letter to his descendants: “A terrible curse has been cast upon me which will be passed down for generations. I feel sorry. But I have a favor to ask. Leave the shrine on Mount Onju as is. From one generation to the next, take good care of it.” But last I checked, the shrine has been demolished. So where do we go from here?

While being haunted by these memories, Shin-yu asks Hong-jo what she’d do if he was her mortal enemy in the past. Without skipping a beat, Hong-jo replies that she’d break up with him right away, but she’s just kidding. “What matters is the present,” she says, but Shin-yu can’t be too sure. He makes her promise him that she won’t change her mind, and seals their deal with matching bangles. You didn’t need to cuff her, but okay, detective Shin-yu, you do you.

Shin-yu informs his doctor that his tactile hallucinations (a.k.a. Red Hand) are back — not that there’s any medical explanation that can account for his curse. As Shin-yu reflects on the curse, Shaman Eun-wol’s words about him killing the owner of the bloody hand floats across his mind.

Shin-yu also recollects a memory of his past life where he wrote a letter to his descendants: “A terrible curse has been cast upon me which will be passed down for generations. I feel sorry. But I have a favor to ask. Leave the shrine on Mount Onju as is. From one generation to the next, take good care of it.” But last I checked, the shrine has been demolished. So where do we go from here?

While being haunted by these memories, Shin-yu asks Hong-jo what she’d do if he was her mortal enemy in the past. Without skipping a beat, Hong-jo replies that she’d break up with him right away, but she’s just kidding. “What matters is the present,” she says, but Shin-yu can’t be too sure. He makes her promise him that she won’t change her mind, and seals their deal with matching bangles. You didn’t need to cuff her, but okay, detective Shin-yu, you do you.

more

The JTBC fantasy rom-com Destined With You achieved a nationwide rating of 2.09% for episode 12, a slight improvement from its previous episode's rating of 2.04%. The K-drama's average viewership for its sixth week of airing is 2.065%. Destined With You will now enter its penultimate week of airing. 

RBPp26_2f.png

Episode 13 of Destined With You will air on October 4 (Wednesday). Stream the K-drama on Netflix

https://mydramalist.com/article/nationwide-rating-of-the-kidnapping-day-drops-destined-with-you-goes-steady

Rowoon And Jo Bo Ah Are Saddened By The Knowledge Of Their Past Lives In “Destined With You”

Oct 4, 2023
by S. Nam

JTBC’s “Destined With You” has shared new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

“Destined With You” is a romance drama starring Rowoon as Jang Shin Yu, a lawyer bound by a centuries-old curse, and Jo Bo Ah as Lee Hong Jo, a civil servant who holds the key to Jang Shin Yu’s freedom in the form of a banned book that was sealed 300 years ago. Ha Jun plays Kwon Jae Kyung, a popular man at Onju City Hall whom Lee Hong Jo has a crush on.

Spoilers

Previously, an unexpected twist occurred as Lee Hong Jo recalled the memories of her past life. She was shocked by the truth that Jang Shin Yu in his past life as Mu Jin (Rowoon) was connected to her death in her past life as Aeng Cho (Jo Bo Ah).

The newly released stills capture the sad gazes of Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu. In particular, Lee Hong Jo is lost in her sadness as she appears close to tears while staring at the gift Jang Shin Yu gave her as a token of his feelings. Lee Hong Jo remains in a state of shock after discovering that she was the one who had cursed Jang Shin Yu in her past life as Aeng Cho and that she was killed by Mu Jin.

jo-bo-ah-11-.jpeg

Jang Shin Yu is in a similar state of distress, with a complex mix of emotions on his face while getting drunk. The preview for episode 13 showed Lee Hong Jo pushing Jang Shin Yu away, raising anticipation for how their fates will unfold going forward.

rowoon-11-.jpeg

Furthermore, the stills hint at Lee Hong Jo facing a dangerous situation. Even the police are present, and Lee Hong Jo appears greatly frightened, hinting at a serious incident. Jang Shin Yu, who immediately ran over to her side, is filled with concern.

rowoon-12.jpeg

Spoiler

rowoon-jo-bo-ah-1-.jpeg

The production team shared, “As the secrets of their past lives surface, there will be changes to the fates of Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu,” asking viewers to stay tuned to see what choice Lee Hong Jo will make and whether Jang Shin Yu will be able to capture her heart.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1617590wpp/rowoon-and-jo-bo-ah-are-saddened-by-the-knowledge-of-their-past-lives-in-destined-with-you

• Blob 1

Here are the rating for Episode 14! :).

“Destined With You” And “The Kidnapping Day” Rise To Their Highest Ratings Yet

“Destined With You” And “The Kidnapping Day” Rise To Their Highest Ratings Yet

Both JTBC’s “Destined with You” and ENA’s “The Kidnapping Day” hit new all-time highs last night!

On October 5, both dramas achieved their highest viewership ratings yet. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Destined with You”—which has just one episode left in its run—scored an average nationwide rating of 3.1 percent, marking a new personal record for the fantasy romance.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1618050wpp/destined-with-you-and-the-kidnapping-day-rise-to-their-highest-ratings-yet

by Lily Alice, October 6, 2023
1 0

The JTBC fantasy rom-com Destined With You achieved a nationwide rating of 3.07% for episode 14, its highest of all time. The drama finally broke the streak of 2% ratings it has been scoring since its premiere. Destined With You also retains its popularity on Netflix in countries from around the world, including BangladeshBrazilColombiaCosta RicaIndiaUnited Arab EmiratesNigeriaJapanIndonesia, and more.

As of October 1, top10.netflix.com lists Destined With You seventh on the global top 10 list (non-English). So far, the K-drama has 20.2 million viewed hours on the OTT platform. Destined With You will now enter its finale week. 

qY2X80_2f.png

Episode 15 of Destined With You will air on October 11 (Wednesday). Stream the K-drama on Netflix

https://mydramalist.com/article/destined-with-you-and-the-kidnapping-day-achieve-highest-ratings

Destined With You: Episodes 13-14

by Unit

Who’s ready for some noble idiocy? Not me. Our penultimate week ushers us into the OTP’s angst era, where self-sacrifice and tears come out to play. Our resident stalker also ramps up his craziness, and the full story of our destined lovers’ past life is revealed.

EPISODES 13-14

This week begins in Joseon, and here, we see that Aeng-cho basically had no choice but to become a shaman. According to an older shaman who saved her life back when she was a child, if Aeng-cho didn’t become a shaman, she was going to die from an illness caused by the spirits.

In the present, while spells and curses no longer matter to Shin-yu, they matter to Hong-jo. And since she’s the one who put the curse on him, she can’t face him with her guilty conscience. Poor Shin-yu tries to gaslight Hong-jo into believing that she’s imagining her visions of the past, but she clearly remembers the moment she was stabbed. Instead of going for couples therapy or something, Hong-jo asks Shin-yu to give her some time. “The memory is so vivid that I cannot see your face anymore,” she says, and I smell something. Ah! It’s the familiar scent of noble idiocy.

Left to Hong-jo, she’d rather disregard the past and live happily with Shin-yu. If she can’t do that, at least she should be able to break the curse since she placed it on him. But according to shaman Eun-wol, only death can break the curse. Hence, Hong-jo’s decision to let go of Shin-yu. And for Shin-yu, being let go of means mindless stares out the window, and brooding shower scenes. There are some benefits to noble idiocy after all! *wink*

An ill-fated relationship? Death? Shin-yu doesn’t care. After all, all men must die at some point. Shin-yu being reckless in love? I love it! But Hong-jo doesn’t feel the same way. “Are you telling me to watch you die?” she retorts. She’d rather they stay apart for a while, and maybe he’ll get better. “If it’s still the same will you stay by my side then?” Shin-yu asks, but Hong-jo has no reply.

What Hong-jo does have is a shoulder to cry on in Jae-kyung. “Why are you pushing him away when you like him this much?” Jae-kyung asks, speaking on behalf of all of us. “If I were Shin-yu and even if [I was sick because of you], I would want you to stay by my side,” he continues. But of course, Jae-kyung is only advising her in a neighborly capacity. “As a man, I want to stop you from going to him,” he says, and he no longer speaks for us!

Our OTP barely gets a breather from their breakup when new problems crop up. The spell items in Shin-yu’s potted plant are discovered, and all roads lead to Na-yeon. Na-yeon tries to deny her involvement at first, but she comes semi-clean in the end.

Na-yeon claims that Garden Man approached her with the anonymous pictures since she was Shin-yu’s girlfriend, and he threatened her into helping him. But Shin-yu isn’t buying her innocent act. “Should I report you two for theft, defamation, and stalking?” he seethes. Please, do! But he doesn’t. Pfft. Instead, he gives her a stern warning not to forget that she’s the mayor’s daughter, and that her actions can affect her father’s position.

At home, Hong-jo does some PPL vacuuming to get her mind off Shin-yu, but the sound drowns out Shin-yu and Jae-kyung’s calls to alert her that their CCTV has caught Garden Man outside the house. Oh dear! When Hong-jo eventually answers the phone, she panics, and begins to lock her windows. She’s about to lock the last one when Garden Man grabs her through the security bars. And though I totally saw it coming, I still screamed! “If I were young and handsome you would’ve opened the door,” Garden Man sneers, and sir, if you don’t step away from that window!

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/10/destined-with-you-episodes-13-14/

• Insightful 1

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (October 7, 2023)

by DB Staff

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

missvictrix

Destined With You: I’m enjoying this wayyyyyy too much. I didn’t know how much I needed a drama like this that I could just suspend disbelief and swoon for eight weeks. Granted it’s more angst and less hilarity right now (I miss the moonlight spells and incessant text messages), but I really enjoy how the drama’s been throwing itself into its backstory with abandon. The leads make it all work.

DaebakGrits

Destined With You: I skipped through the past life scenes. I’m more invested in the present-day romance, and I found the flashbacks a major disruption to my viewer experience. In general, I wasn’t a huge fan of the latest episodes, and now I’m just ready for this drama to end. I hate that I’m feeling this way because I absolutely loved this drama in the beginning, but the more melodramatic it became, the less eager I was to watch it.

Dramaddictally

Destined With You: Feeeeels. All the love and heartbreak is beaming through the screen and killing me. I love these leads. I love them even more together.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/10/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-october-7-2023/

Spoiler

Rowoon, Jo Bo Ah, Ha Jun, And Yura Have A Tense Confrontation In “Destined With You”

Rowoon, Jo Bo Ah, Ha Jun, And Yura Have A Tense Confrontation In “Destined With You”

JTBC’s “Destined With You” has shared new stills ahead of its upcoming episode!

“Destined With You” is a romance drama starring Rowoon as Jang Shin Yu, a lawyer bound by a centuries-old curse, and Jo Bo Ah as Lee Hong Jo, a civil servant who holds the key to Jang Shin Yu’s freedom in the form of a banned book that was sealed 300 years ago. Ha Jun plays Kwon Jae Kyung, a popular man at Onju City Hall whom Lee Hong Jo has a crush on.

Spoilers

In the last broadcast, the story behind the tragic death of Aeng Cho (Lee Hong Jo in her past life) was revealed, and Mu Jin’s (Jang Shin Yu in his past life) tragic choice for Aeng Cho touched the hearts of viewers. In addition, the hidden intentions of Mayor Yoon Hak Young (Song Young Kyu), who wanted to change the partner for the Onju Mountain development project to Haum Construction, hint at another crisis.

The first set of stills depicts a sharp confrontation between Jang Shin Yu and Kwon Jae Kyung. They are captured staring at each other coldly. Kwon Jae Kyung began helping Mayor Yoon Hak Young after his father’s visit. Viewers can’t help but wonder what changes might have occurred in Kwon Jae Kyung and how Jang Shin Yu will confront Jae Kyung and the mayor’s plans.

destined-with-you-you-stills-5.jpg

destined-with-you-stills-4.jpg

The next set of stills captures a fierce confrontation between Lee Hong Jo and Yoon Na Yeon (Yura) at a high school reunion. Lee Hong Jo has a confident smile on her face as she looks at a seemingly embarrassed Yoon Na Yeon.

destined-with-you-stills-1.jpg

Spoiler

destined-with-you-stills-3.jpg

destined-with-you-stills-2.jpg

The next episode of “Destined With You” will air on October 11 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1618746wpp/rowoon-jo-bo-ah-ha-jun-and-yura-have-a-tense-confrontation-in-destined-with-you

Spoiler

Rowoon And Jo Bo Ah Enjoy A Romantic Date At Home In “Destined With You”

Rowoon And Jo Bo Ah Enjoy A Romantic Date At Home In “Destined With You”

JTBC’s “Destined with You” has shared a sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

“Destined with You” is a romance drama starring Rowoon as Jang Shin Yu, a lawyer bound by a centuries-old curse, and Jo Bo Ah as Lee Hong Jo, a civil servant who holds the key to Jang Shin Yu’s freedom in the form of a banned book that was sealed 300 years ago.

Spoilers

Previously on “Destined with You,” the tragic story of Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu’s past lives was revealed. The two shared an emotional reunion after remembering everything from the Joseon era, making viewers anxious to find out whether the couple would be able to avoid their heartbreaking fate from the past.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu are unable to take their eyes off one another as they spend a romantic evening together at home. Jang Shin Yu’s playful displays of affection have Lee Hong Jo smiling without even realizing it, and the fond look in her eyes as she gazes at him reveals the depth of her feelings.

However, with threats around every corner, it appears that the couple’s bliss is at risk of not lasting for long. The producers of “Destined with You” teased, “Please stay tuned until the very end to find out whether Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu will be able to protect their love, which has reblossomed once again.”

Jo-Bo-Ah.jpgRowoon.jpgJo-Bo-Ah-2.jpg

Spoiler

Rowoon-2.jpg

The next episode of “Destined with You” airs on October 11 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1619123wpp/rowoon-and-jo-bo-ah-enjoy-a-romantic-date-at-home-in-destined-with-you

Here are the rating for Episode 15! :).

New Rom-Com “A Good Day To Be A Dog” Joins Ratings Race

New Rom-Com “A Good Day To Be A Dog” Joins Ratings Race

Meanwhile, JTBC’s “Destined With You” achieved an average nationwide rating of 2.9 percent ahead of its finale. This marks a slight dip from its previous episode’s rating of 3.1 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1619232wpp/new-rom-com-a-good-day-to-be-a-dog-joins-ratings-race

Rowoon Is Determined To Save Jo Bo Ah In Final Episode Of “Destined With You”

Oct 12, 2023

JTBC’s “Destined With You” has shared new stills ahead of its final episode!

“Destined With You” is a romance drama starring Rowoon as Jang Shin Yu, a lawyer bound by a centuries-old curse, and Jo Bo Ah as Lee Hong Jo, a civil servant who holds the key to Jang Shin Yu’s freedom in the form of a banned book that was sealed 300 years ago.

Spoilers

In the last broadcast, Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu’s days were overflowed with love but their happiness was short-lived as they once again found themselves facing an unexpected crisis. At the end of the episode, Lee Hong Jo was seen lying unconscious with Na Joong Beom (Ahn Sang Woo) looking down at her while Jang Shin Yu was seen in a state of confusion, heightening viewers’ curiosity about the final episode.

In the newly released stills, Jang Shin Yu runs to Onju Mountain to rescue Lee Hong Jo who has been kidnapped by Na Joong Beom. The nervousness in his eyes as he sees something hints at the gravity of the situation. Meanwhile, Lee Hong Jo is hiding behind a tree with a tense facial expression as Na Joong Beom relentlessly searches for her.

destined-with-you-episode-16-stills-2.jp

destined-with-you-episode-16-stills-3.jp

In the last still, Jang Shin Yu’s face is full of sadness and anger as he finds an unconscious Lee Hong Jo lying on the ground. Viewers are curious about why Na Joong Beom would go to such lengths to put Lee Hong Jo in danger and are eager to find out whether Lee Hong Jo and Shin Yu will have a happy ending.

destined-with-you-episode-16-stills.jpg

The production team shared, “Please join us for the final episode to discover whether Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu can break the cycle of their recurring destiny and how their inescapable fate will ultimately unfold.”

The final episode of “Destined With You” airs on October 12 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1619297wpp/rowoon-is-determined-to-save-jo-bo-ah-in-final-episode-of-destined-with-you

• Like 1

Here are the rating for Episode 16  *Last episode! :).

“Destined With You” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet

“Destined With You” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet

JTBC’s “Destined with You” has ended on a high note!

On October 12, the fantasy drama achieved the highest viewership ratings of its run for its series finale. According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of “Destined with You” scored an average nationwide rating of 3.122 percent, marking a new personal record for the show.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1619389wpp/destined-with-you-ends-on-its-highest-ratings-yet

by Lily Alice, October 13, 2023
2 0

The JTBC fantasy rom-com Destined With You concluded its run on an average nationwide rating of 3.12%, its highest of all time. The average viewership of the drama is 2.61%. Destined With You mostly achieved 2% ratings throughout its run. Despite the single-digit domestic ratings, the K-drama consistently ranked on Netflix's top 10 charts in numerous countries. top10.netflix.com lists Destined With You seventh on Netflix's global top 10 list (non-English). As of October 8, the drama had 22.5 million viewed hours on the platform.

Z8gOnY_2f.png

Where to watch the K-drama Destined With You?

All the episodes of Destined With You are available to stream on Netflix

https://mydramalist.com/article/destined-with-you-concludes-on-highest-rating-the-killing-vote-drops-to-lowest

• larus changed the title to [ Drama 2023] Destined with You, 이 연애는 불가항력

Destined With You: Episodes 15-16 (Final)

by Unit

DWY16-00009.jpgAt last, our destined tale has come to an end, and it’s time to bid farewell to the characters we have accompanied on this journey. The show spends its final week giving us a much-needed dose of OTP sweetness after last week’s angst, and it doesn’t forget to tie up loose ends with their stalker and his other colleagues on the wrong side of the law.

EPISODES 15-16

What do you mean it has been eight weeks already? It was only yesterday that we started with a haunted shrine, Red Hand, and love spells. And now it’s over? *Wails* What am I supposed to do now that I can’t get my weekly Shin-yu fix? *Wails even louder* Okay, okay, back to the final week’s events.

After breaking the curse of noble idiocy, Hong-jo promises not to disappear from Shin-yu’s sight again. They seal this promise with a Spiderman kiss, and proceed to fight for their rights to sleep on the sofa — since they can’t possibly share a bed. You two, please! But they end up spending yet another chaste night together — and panicking when Shin-yu’s parents turn up at his house the next morning. Lol. As always, his dad has it out for Hong-jo (due to her lower social standing), but his mom is on her side, and she scolds Dad for being old-fashioned. Mom reminds him that she was also not in high society when he married her, and Dad retorts with a “That’s why we’re in this state.” Ouch!

“Let’s just get a divorce,” Mom says, but Dad scoffs at the idea as he firmly believes she can’t go through with it. But joke’s on him, because he’s soon served with the divorce papers. Reason for divorce: verbal abuse. And that’s when it finally dawns on Dad that his constant deprecating comments to mom were anything but harmless. Took him long enough. Mom worries if she’s being selfish with her decision, but Shin-yu is all for her living the life she wants — even if it means separating from Dad and returning to her career as an actress.

Since Shin-yu dumped Na-yeon, the mayor is eager to get rid of him, but he can’t be fired without due cause. Hence, Mr. Mayor does the next best thing: send Jae-kyung to persuade Shin-yu to resign from City Hall. Shin-yu remains unfazed, but he wonders why Jae-kyung is on the mayor’s side despite the unfairness of the situation. “I’m his advisor, not yours,” Jae-kyung replies.

Being loyal to the mayor explains why Jae-kyung transferred the ownership of the Mount Onju land that Shin-yu handed over to the city — during the haunted shrine fiasco — to Haum construction. Shin-yu calls him out on the illegal sale, but Jae-kyung maintains that it’s his job to legalize the sale. Since Jae-kyung is seemingly swimming in the Pool of Corruption now, Hyun-seo offers to buy him over — and then goes to brag to Shin-yu about getting a competent person on his side for the Mount Onju development project. Pfft.

Somehow, with Haum construction handling the development project, Shin-yu’s dad’s company is affected. Dad consoles himself by becoming a drunken mess, and in the process, he apologizes to Mom for his past actions. *Rolls eyes* Mom doesn’t accept the apology although she decides to postpone the divorce until the company overcomes the crisis. “Even if things get better at the company, if I don’t have you, what’s the point?” Dad wonders, and Mom wavers.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/10/destined-with-you-episodes-15-16-final/

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (October 14, 2023)

by DB Staff

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

Dramaddictally

Destined With You: What a weird drama! I love how it stayed strange and fun all the way to the end. This is for sure one of my favorite couples of the year (or ever?). And that was some crazy closet action for a K-drama. I thought King the Land pushed the spicy boundaries this year, but Destined With You challenged it to a duel and won hands down. Good job team!

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/10/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-october-14-2023/

• ferily changed the title to [Drama 2023] Destined with You, 이 연애는 불가항력
  • 2 months later...

[2023 Year in Review] Side plots, supporting characters & spin-offs

by Unit

I’m somewhat of an Oliver Twist, so even after I spend 16 hours of my life on a drama, I sometimes still want more. But I’m not just pulling my greed out of nowhere. Some dramas are rich enough to have side plots that intrigue me enough to want to watch a fleshed-out version, while others are so bad that if they’d expounded on a portion of the plot and abandoned others, the drama would have been better for it.

Generally, I think a deeper insight or a fresh perspective on some of the side stories in dramas would be nice to explore — which leads me to my 2023 top six side plots that I’d totally watch a spin-off of. Although with dramaland’s track record of second seasons and spin-offs, I wonder if I’m jinxing these storylines by putting them out there…

The star-crossed romance of Aeng-cho and Mu-jin (Destined With You)

I tend to be wary of the past life plot in dramas, but Destined With You’ was surprisingly better than I expected. It did its job and did not overstay its welcome — which is more than I can say about the past life portions in other dramas. The past life scenes in Destined With You captivated me with the cinematography (those snowy plains where Aeng-cho breathed her last will always get me), the star-crossed romance, and most importantly, Aeng-cho herself.

Aeng-cho was much smarter, quick-witted, and definitely more compelling than her present-day reincarnation. And if you give me 16 episodes of the civil servant whose biggest problem was that no one wants to eat with her, I think I deserve another 16 (or 12) episodes of the “lowly” shaman who confronted the king at the risk of death and ended up dying.

If there’s any subplot ripe for a spin-off, it’s the Joseon portion of Destined With You. It has all the ingredients for a decent sageuk: childhood connection, forbidden romance, palace politics, noble idiocy, angst, you name it! I want to watch the full love story of Aeng-cho and Mu-jin in all its tear-jerking glory. But since I’m Team Happy Endings, in my version of the spin-off, Aeng-cho will survive Mu-jin’s stabbing via a convenient plot twist, and they’ll live happily ever after under new identities — and very far away from Hanyang.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/12/2023-year-in-review-side-plots-supporting-characters-spin-offs/