Director:Nam Ki Hoon

Writer: Noh Ji Sul

Release Date: August 23, 2023- October 12, 2023

Runtime:Wednesday, Thursday @22:30 KST

Production Company:

OST:

Official site:

Plot

Destined With You tells the story of Lee Hong Jo (Jo Bo Ah), a civil servant who obtains a sealed forbidden book that had been locked away for over 300 years, and Jang Shin Yu (played byRo Woon), a lawyer who becomes the sacrifice for the forbidden book's contents, as they experience an unavoidable romance.

Cast

Jo Bo Ah as Lee Hong-Jo

Rowoon as Jang Shin Yu

Ha Joon as Kwon Jae Kyung

Yura as Yoon Na-Yeon

Song Young Kyu as

Lee Pil Mo as

Jung Sae Rom as Kim Kyung Lim

Lee Bong Ryun as Ma Eun Young

Park Jung eon as

Lee Bong Ryun as

Hyun Bong Sik as

Mi Ram as

Park Kyung Hye as

Lee Tae Ri as Kim Wook

Park Kyung Hye as Son Sae Byeol

Character descriptions

Lee Hong Jo (Jo Bo Ah) is a civil servant of  Onju City Hall who will be the one to get a hold of a forbidden book unraveling the curse of Jang Shin Yu. She always receives unimaginable complaints from the people around her but she always does her best to give her service. Suddenly, she becomes the owner of the book that was passed down for generations, holding the key to breaking Jang Shin Yu's curse.

Jang Shin Yu (Rowoon) is an ace lawyer waiting to be released from a curse. His health has weakened due to an unknown disease and asks for help to get away from the curse.

Kwon Jae Kyung (Ha Joon) is Lee Hong Jo's unrequited love. Kwon Jae Kyung, hides deep scars behind a sweet smile, never revealing his true feelings. Ha Joon will depict changes in Kwon Jae Kyung's emotions as he gradually became closer to Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu, adding intensity to the storyline.

Yoon Na Yeon (Yura) is Jang Shin Yu's lover. Yoon Na Yeon will reveal her suppressed nature as she witnesses Jang Shin Yu's special interest in Lee Hong Jo.

Posters

Jo-Bo-Ah-Rowoon.jpeg

Spoiler

Rowoon-Jo-Bo-Ah.jpeg

Teasers/Trailers

Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 2

SF9’s Rowoon And Jo Bo Ah In Talks For New Romance Drama By “100 Days My Prince” Writer

Oct 14, 2022
by E. Cha
dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

SF9’s Rowoon and Jo Bo Ah may be starring together in an exciting new drama!

On October 14, both stars’ agencies confirmed that they were in talks for the upcoming drama “Destined with You.”

FNC Entertainment stated, “Rowoon is currently in talks to appear in the new drama ‘Destined with You,’ and the outlook is favorable.” Meanwhile, KeyEast similarly commented, “Jo Bo Ah has received a casting offer for ‘Destined with You,’ and she is reviewing the offer with a favorable outlook.”

“Destined with You” will tell the love story of a woman who obtains a banned book that was carefully sealed 300 years ago—and the man who becomes a victim of that banned book.

Rowoon is in talks to play the handsome, intelligent, and popular lawyer Jang Shin Yoo, who gets swept up in a series of unexpected events due to a terrifying curse that has been passed down from the Joseon era.

Meanwhile, Jo Bo Ah has been offered the role of Lee Hong Jo, an outgoing civil servant who is surprisingly unpopular with men despite her good looks, personality, and job.

“Destined with You” will be penned by “100 Days My Prince” writer No Ji Sul and helmed by director Nam Ki Hoon of “Oh My Baby” and “Voice 3.”

Are you excited to potentially see Rowoon and Jo Bo Ah together in this new drama?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1549664wpp/sf9s-rowoon-and-jo-bo-ah-in-talks-for-new-romance-drama-by-100-days-my-prince-writer

“Destined With You” Starring SF9’s Rowoon, Jo Bo Ah, And More Confirms Broadcast Plans

Jun 12, 2023

20230612143220_Destined-With-You.jpg?s=9

Upcoming drama “Destined With You” is set to premiere in August!

JTBC’s “Destined with You” is a fantasy romance drama following the love story of a woman who obtains a forbidden book sealed 300 years ago and a man who becomes a victim of the forbidden book. The drama is penned by “100 Days My Prince” writer No Ji Sul and helmed by director Nam Ki Hoon of “Oh My Baby” and “Voice 3.” The drama will star SF9’s Rowoon, Jo Bo Ah, Ha Jun, and Girl’s Day’s Yura.

SF9’s Rowoon will play the handsome, intelligent, and popular lawyer Jang Shin Yu, who gets swept up in a series of unexpected events due to a terrifying curse that has been passed down from the Joseon era. Regarding his character, Rowoon shared, “I’m so excited to play a character with a different personality from the characters I’ve played so far,” adding, “I’m looking forward to my new role. Please look forward to it too.”

Jo Bo Ah, who is good at expressing rich emotions and colorful character variations, will star as Lee Hong Jo, a 9th-grade civil servant at Onju City Hall and the one who will break Jang Shin Yu’s curse. Revealing her feelings about the drama and her experience while filming, the actress shared, “I found myself blushing at some point because I was captivated by the fresh and interesting concept and the charm of the characters.” She continued, “Just like how I felt when I read the script for the first time, I had a lot of fun filming with the actors, director, writer, and crew in a harmonious environment where there was a lot of laughter.” She concluded, “I am looking forward to the premiere and wondering what kind of story will unfold, and I am really preparing hard, so please stay tuned and look forward to it.”

Ha Jun will play Kwon Jae Kyung, a popular man at Onju City Hall who Lee Hong Jo has a crush on. He hides his scars behind a sweet smile and rarely reveals his true feelings. On working with the cast and crew of “Destined with You,” Ha Jun revealed, “I was excited to work with writer Noh Ji Sul, director Nam Ki Hoon, actress Jo Bo Ah, and actor Rowoon, who I’ve always been a fan of, and the filming set was great.” He added, “It was also nice to work with actress Yura for the second time. The actors and crew are all so nice, so I enjoyed going to the set every day.”

Girl’s Day’s Yura plays Jang Shin Yu’s lover Yoon Na Yeon. Talking about the drama, the actress shared, “This is a project that I fell in love with as soon as I read the script and I’m happy to be working with such a great group of people.” She concluded, “I worked hard to create a compelling portrayal of Na Yeon and I hope that what I felt about the drama and the character will be conveyed to the viewers. Thank you for your interest and love.”

Meanwhile, “Destined with You” will premiere in August 2023.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1593365wpp/destined-with-you-starring-sf9s-rowoon-jo-bo-ah-and-more-confirms-broadcast-plans

• Like 2

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2023] Destined with You, 이 연애는 불가항력- Jo Bo Ah & Rowoon- Wed&Thur-Premieres on August 23

Rowoon Kneels Down To Meet Jo Bo Ah In Upcoming Fantasy Romance Drama “Destined With You”

Jan 17, 2023
by S. Nam

SF9’s Rowoon, Jo Bo Ah, Ha Jun, and Girl’s Day’s Yura are confirmed to star in the upcoming drama “Destined with You”!

JTBC’s “Destined with You” is a fantasy romance which will tell the love story of a woman who obtains a forbidden book sealed 300 years ago and a man who becomes a victim of the forbidden book. The drama will be penned by “100 Days My Prince” writer No Ji Sul and helmed by director Nam Ki Hoon of “Oh My Baby” and “Voice 3.”

Rowoon will play the handsome, intelligent, and popular lawyer Jang Shin Yu, who gets swept up in a series of unexpected events due to a terrifying curse that has been passed down from the Joseon era. Meanwhile, Jo Bo Ah will star as Lee Hong Jo, an outgoing civil servant who is surprisingly unpopular with men despite her good looks, personality, and job.

Jang Shin Yu finds a job in Onju City as a lawyer in order to stay near Lee Hong Jo after she discovers a wooden box inside a temple at Onju Mountain with forbidden documents inside, hoping that the spells inside the document can set him free from the curse. The drama also stars Ha Jun and Girl’s Day’s Yura.

On January 17, the first still of Rowoon and Jo Bo Ah were revealed. In the heart-fluttering scene, Jang Shin Yu kneels down dashingly, lending a hand to Lee Hong Jo who is crouching on the floor.

destined-with-you.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1563275wpp/rowoon-kneels-down-to-meet-jo-bo-ah-in-upcoming-fantasy-romance-drama-destined-with-you

Ha Joon Joins Jo Bo Ah And SF9’s Rowoon In Talks For Upcoming Drama By “100 Days My Prince” Writer

Nov 8, 2022
by S. Kim

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Actor Ha Joon might be starring in JTBC’s new drama!

On November 8, Ha Joon’s agency ACE FACTORY shared that the actor received an offer to star in “This Romance Is a Force Majeure” (literal translation) and is positively reviewing the offer.

JTBC’s upcoming drama “This Romance Is a Force Majeure” is a fantasy romance which will tell the love story of a woman who obtains a forbidden book sealed 300 years ago and a man who becomes a victim of the forbidden book. The drama will be penned by “100 Days My Prince” writer No Ji Sul and helmed by director Nam Ki Hoon of “Oh My Baby” and “Voice 3.”

Previously, it was reported that SF9’s Rowoon and Jo Bo Ah are also in talks to join the cast.

Ha Joon has been actively appearing in various projects including “Black Dog,” “Missing: The Other Side,” “High Class,” and more, and he is currently playing the role of prosecutor Oh Do Hwan in KBS2’s “Bad Prosecutor.” Anticipation is high for whether he will accept the offer to star in “This Romance Is a Force Majeure.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1553097wpp/ha-joon-joins-jo-bo-ah-and-sf9s-rowoon-in-talks-for-upcoming-drama-by-100-days-my-prince-writer

• Like 2

by Hazel Jung, July 7, 2023

Z8zVO1_2f.jpg
JTBC's new Wednesday-Thursday drama, Destined With You, tells the story of Lee Hong Jo (played by Jo Bo Ah), a civil servant who obtains a sealed forbidden book that had been locked away for over 300 years, and Jang Shin Yu (played by Rowoon), a lawyer who becomes the sacrifice for the forbidden book's contents, as they experience an unavoidable romance.

During the script reading, director Nam Ki Hoon, writer Noh Ji Sul, and a lineup of talented actors, including Jo Bo Ah, Rowoon, Ha Joon, Yura, Song Young Gyu, Jung Hye Young, Lee Pil Mo, Lee Bong Ryun, Hyun Bong Sik, Mi Ram, Park Kyung Hye, and Lee Tae Ri gathered to bring the characters to life and create a passionate atmosphere.

rNew4g_2f.jpg

RB2o66_2f.jpg

Jo Bo Ah will play the role of Lee Hong Jo, a civil servant of  Onju City Hall who will be the one to get a hold of a forbidden book unraveling the curse of Jang Shin Yu. She always receives unimaginable complaints from the people around her but she always does her best to give her service. Suddenly, she becomes the owner of the book that was passed down for generations, holding the key to breaking Jang Shin Yu's curse. Jo Bo Ah's dynamic performance vividly captures Lee Hong Jo's confident charm that remains unfazed in any situation.

Rowoon will portray the character of Jang Shin Yu, an ace lawyer waiting to be released from a curse. His health has weakened due to an unknown disease and asks for help to get away from the curse.

Ha Joon will bring life to the role of Kwon Jae Kyung, Lee Hong Jo's unrequited love. Kwon Jae Kyung, hides deep scars behind a sweet smile, never revealing his true feelings. Ha Joon will depict changes in Kwon Jae Kyung's emotions as he gradually became closer to Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu, adding intensity to the storyline. The subtle tension and chemistry between Ha Joon and Rowoon, with Jo Bo Ah, caught in the middle, adds excitement to the drama. 

Yura, takes on the role of Yoon Na Yeon, Jang Shin Yu's lover. Yoon Na Yeon will reveal her suppressed nature as she witnesses Jang Shin Yu's special interest in Lee Hong Jo.

The Destined With You production team commented, "The intriguing fate and special relationship between Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu that intertwines with the sealed book is set to make an interesting story. Audiences will inevitably be captivated by the delightful and sweet romance that unfolds as the leads unravel the mysterious curse. Please look forward to the characters portrayed by the talented actors who have created unique performances."

Destined With You will premiere on August 23rd at 10:30 PM KST on JTBC.

https://mydramalist.com/article/destined-with-you-starring-jo-bo-ah-and-rowoon-reveals-script-reading-stills

• Like 2

Destined With You: SF9’s Rowoon, Jo Bo Ah and others display chemistry during script reading session

JTBC released the script reading session for upcoming fantasy romance drama Destined With You starring SF9 member Rowoon, Jo Bo Ah and others. Read ahead to know more.

Written by Anoushka Mathew Published on Jul 07, 2023   |  03:12 PM IST  |  51.8K

698571995_destinedwithyou.jpg

The romance in Destined With You is irresistible and attracts the characters like fate. During the table read, director Nam Ki Hoon, writer Noh Ji Sul, and prominent actors like Jo Bo Ah, SF9's Rowoon, Ha Jun, Yura, Song Young Gyu, Jung Hye Young, Lee Pil Mo, Lee Bon Ryun, Hyun Bong Sik, Mi Ram, Park Kyung Hye, and Lee Tae Ri exhibit remarkable chemistry and harmony. 

Jo Bo Ah, a civil complaint solver at the city hall in Wenju, transformed into Lee Hong Jo, a greenery department official, after encountering Jang Shin Yu's curse. Lee Hong Jo is a person who is used to being by herself, even though she always puts in her best effort despite having unimaginable amounts of complaints. She suddenly acquires the wooden box and the key to breaking Jang Shin Yu's curse. Rowoon assumed the job of Jang Shin Yu, a pro legal advisor hanging tight for the 'proprietor of the wooden box' to lift the revile. He has increased his talent by delicately portraying the upheaval of Jang Shin Yu, who has an unexpected relationship with Lee Hong Jo, the owner of the wooden box, in an effort to lift the curse that has been passed down through the family. Particularly, his acting skills make Shin Yu's attractive height and beauty shine through.

Ha Joon gave himself more energy by changing into Kwon Jae Kyung, who Lee Hong Jo has a crush on and makes everyone at the Wenju city hall envious. Kwon Jae Kyung is a person who rarely reveals his true feelings because he covers up the scars from his past with a sweet smile. By acting as Kwon Jae Kyung, who is going through a change of heart, as Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu, who appear to be in no contact, get closer, he created tension. Jo Bo Ah's interlude between the subtle nerves and chemistry war with Rowoon also added to the fun. As Jang Shin Yu's girlfriend, Yoon Na Yeon, who is a character who begins to reveal her true nature, which has been suppressed for a long time by Jang Shin Yu's special interest in Lee Hong Jo, whom she had previously bullied, actress Yura, who possesses a unique charm, emanated her presence.

• Like 2

Rowoon, Jo Bo Ah, Yura, Ha Jun, And More Impress At “Destined With You” Script Reading

Jul 9, 2023
by S. Nam

JTBC’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “Destined With You” has released photos from the script reading!

“Destined With You” is a fantasy romance which will tell the love story of a woman who obtains a forbidden book sealed 300 years ago and a man who becomes a victim of the forbidden book. The drama will be penned by “100 Days My Prince” writer No Ji Sul and helmed by director Nam Ki Hoon of “Oh My Baby” and “Voice 3.”

In addition to director Nam Ki Hoon and writer Noh Ji Sul, cast members Jo Bo Ah, SF9’s Rowoon, Ha Jun, Girl’s Day’s Yura, Song Young Kyu, Jung Hye Young, Lee Pil Mo, Lee Bong Ryun, Hyun Bong Sik, Mi Ram, Park Kyung Hye, Lee Tae Ri, and more were present at the script reading.

Jo Bo Ah charmed with her lively energy as she transformed into civil servant Lee Hong Jo, who resolves the civil complaints of Onju City Hall and who will also solve Jang Shin Yu’s curse. Despite having to deal with complaints that go beyond people’s imaginations, Lee Hong Jo always does her best. However, she is a person who is used to being alone, and she always remains resilient no matter the situation.

Jo-Bo-Ah.jpeg

Rowoon skillfully portrayed ace lawyer Jang Shin Yu who is waiting for the owner of the old wooden box that will undo his curse. The actor paid great attention to detail to depict the change in Jang Shin Yu as he becomes entangled with Lee Hong Jo in an unimaginable way in an effort to undo the curse that has been passed down for generations in his family. Jo Bo Ah and Rowoon also showcased exceptional chemistry while portraying their characters who are destined to be together.

Rowoon-1.jpeg

Spoiler

Destined-With-You-2.jpeg

Ha Jun captivated as Kwon Jae Kyung, a popular man at Onju City Hall who Lee Hong Jo has a one-sided crush on. He hides his scars behind a sweet smile and rarely reveals his true feelings. Ha Jun portrayed the change Kwon Jae Kyung undergoes after seeing Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu grow closer together.

Spoiler

Ha-Jun-.jpeg

Yura impressed as Jang Shin Yu’s lover Yoon Na Yeon, who shows her true colors after seeing Lee Hong Jo, whom she used to bully in the past, receive special attention from Jang Shin Yu.

Spoiler

Yura.jpeg

Destined-With-You-1.jpeg

Furthermore, the supporting cast members also shined at the script reading. Song Young Kyu portrays Yoon Na Yeon’s father and Onju City Mayor Yoon Hak Young, Jung Hye Young stars as Jang Shin Yu’s eccentric and loving mother Cha Yoon Joo, and Lee Pil Mo takes on the role of Jang Shin Yu’s father Jang Se Heon who is worried that the family’s lineage will be cut off due to an unknown genetic disease.

Spoiler

Song-Young-Kyu-1-.jpeg

Jung-Hye-Young.jpeg

Lee-Pil-Mo-1.jpeg

Lee Bong Ryun plays Ma Eun Young, the section chief of the Environment and Greenery Division at Onju City Hall who is Lee Hong Jo’s reliable source of support, and Hyun Bong Sik portrays the division’s team leader Gong Seo Gu. Mi Ram and Park Kyung Hye play employees Yoo Soo Jung and Son Sae Byul, respectively, and Lee Tae Ri will transform into Jang Shin Yu’s close friend Kim Wook who graduated the same high school as him.

Spoiler

Lee-Bong-Ryun-1-.jpeg

Hyun-Bong-Sik.jpeg

Mi-Ram.jpeg

Park-Kyung-Hye.jpeg

Lee-Tae-Ri-.jpeg

[Viewers] won’t be able to help but fall for the sweet and refreshing uncontrollable romance in the process of solving the mysterious curse. Please also look forward to the chemistry between the characters, which is completed by unique acting experts.”

“Destined With You” will premiere on August 23 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1599256wpp/rowoon-jo-bo-ah-yura-ha-jun-and-more-impress-at-destined-with-you-script-reading

• Like 2

by lo_ve, July 12, 2023

Actress Lee Bong Ryun is confirmed to join the upcoming JTBC K-drama Destined With You.

On July 12th, Lee Bong Ryun's agency shared that the actress will be joining the upcoming Wednesday and Thursday  K-drama  Destined With You.

This will be the second K-drama of Lee Bong Ryun for 2023. Early this year, she became a scene stealer in the hit K-drama Crash Course in Romance. She worked alongside Jeon Do Yeon, Jung Kyung Ho, Oh Eui Shik, Shin Jae Ha, and Roh Yoon Seo

Lee Bong Ryun made her acting debut in 2011. She is known for starring in the hit K-dramas Narco-Saints, Extraordinary Attorney Woo, Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha, Sweet Home, Reply 1994, and more. 

In 2021, Lee Bong Ryun joined hands with Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha co-star Shin Min Ah and signed under AM Entertainment as her new agency. 

4emvKQ_2f.jpg

Destined With You will revolve around a woman who found a forbidden book that was sealed 300 years ago and a man who will face the consequences of discovering the book. 

The upcoming K-drama will be the collaboration work of director Nam Ki Hoon (Kiss Sixth Sense and Big Bet Season 2) and writer Noh Ji Sul. (100 Days My Prince and Scent of a Woman).  

It will be led by Jo Bo Ah, SF9's Rowoon, Ha Joon, Girls Day's Yura, Hyun Bong Sik, and Park Kyung Hye

In the upcoming K-drama, Lee Bong Ryun will play the role of Ma Eun Young. She is the head of the Environmental Green Division at Onju City Hall. She is known as a strong sister who does her job well in the city hall. She is also the fastest-promoted woman among her colleagues. In the series, she will be a strong supporter of Jo Bo Ah's character Lee Hong Joo. 

Destined With You will officially premiere on August 23rd. It will also be available on the global OTT platform, Netflix.

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-bong-ryun-to-join-jo-bo-ah-and-rowoon-in-the-upcoming-k-drama-destined-with-you

Jo Bo Ah And SF9’s Rowoon Have A Relationship That Goes Way Back In “Destined With You” Posters

Jul 13, 2023
by S. Nam

JTBC’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “Destined With You” has released two new posters ahead of the premiere!

“Destined With You” is a fantasy romance which will tell the love story of a woman who obtains a forbidden book sealed 300 years ago and a man who becomes a victim of the forbidden book. The drama will be penned by “100 Days My Prince” writer No Ji Sul and helmed by director Nam Ki Hoon of “Oh My Baby” and “Voice 3.”

Jo Bo Ah plays civil servant Lee Hong Jo, who resolves the civil complaints of Onju City Hall and who will also solve Jang Shin Yu’s curse. Despite having to deal with complaints that go beyond people’s imaginations, Lee Hong Jo always does her best. However, she is a person who is used to being alone, and she always remains resilient no matter the situation.

Rowoon portrays ace lawyer Jang Shin Yu who is waiting for the owner of the old wooden box that will undo his curse. Jang Shin Yu becomes entangled with Lee Hong Jo in an unimaginable way in an effort to undo the curse that has been passed down for generations in his family. As his unknown illness becomes more severe, he asks for help from Lee Hong Jo, the owner of the old wooden box, and faces an unimaginable change.

In the newly released poster, Lee Hong Jo sits at the city hall office, eyes sparkling with curiosity. Next to her is Jang Sin Yu with an indifferent facial expression. The folklore that unfolds behind them appears to hint at their past lives, raising questions about the mysterious shrine beneath the moonlight as well as the man and woman who are affectionately gazing at each other at the bottom of the poster.

Furthermore, the text on the poster reads, “We have been terribly destined to be since 300 years ago,” making viewers wonder about the fate between Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu.

Rowoon-Jo-Bo-Ah.jpeg

Another poster shows the two getting one step closer, creating a heart-fluttering atmosphere. Lee Hong Jo gives a meaningful smile as Jang Shin Yu leans in toward Lee Hong Jo as if he is about to whisper something in her ear. Above them is the text, “A long, long time ago, did we date?”

Jo-Bo-Ah-Rowoon.jpeg

The production team shared, “‘Destined With You’ is a romance grounded on reality on top of a folklore-like fantasy, and it is an interesting production with refreshing laughter, sweet heart-fluttering excitement, and thrilling mystery. Please anticipate the romance chemistry between Jo Bo Ah and Rowoon who carefully developed their two characters with special narratives.”

JTBC’s “Destined With You” is scheduled to premiere on August 23 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1600395wpp/jo-bo-ah-and-sf9s-rowoon-have-a-relationship-that-goes-way-back-in-destined-with-you-posters

• Like 2

by Lily Alice, July 20, 2023
9 0

The production team of JTBC's upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama, Destined With You unveiled its 1st teaser, teasing the destined meeting of Lee Hong Jo (Jo Bo Ah) and Jang Shin Yu (Rowoon)

Destined With You tells the tale of Lee Hong Jo (Jo Bo Ah), a civil servant who obtains a forbidden book, which was sealed 300 years ago, and Jang Shin Yu (Rowoon), a lawyer who became the victim of the book. 

Helmed by director Nam Ki Hoon, known for his impressive directorial works such as Tunnel and Voice Season 3: City of Accomplices, and the screenplay written by Noh Ji Sul, the author of the popular historical drama 100 Days My Prince, the show promises a unique blend of fantasy and rom-com.

The teaser gives a glimpse of the destined first encounter between Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu. It hints at the extraordinary connection between the two protagonists, transcending time and linking their past lives to a mysterious book. The revelation about the significance of the book and its impact on Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu's lives intensifies the intrigue surrounding their connection with it.

pd7vB8_2f.png

Jo Bo Ah portrays Lee Hong Jo, a dedicated government official who diligently resolves citizen complaints. After obtaining the ancient book, she becomes the key to unlocking Jang Shin Yu's curse. On the other hand, Rowoon brings to life the character of Jang Shin Yu, an ace lawyer anxiously waiting for the book's owner to lift the family curse passed down through generations. As a result of his effortless charm, he is in the spotlight wherever he goes. However, as his illness worsens, he seeks help from Lee Hong Jo, but little do they know that unforeseen upheavals await them. 

Destined With You will premiere on August 23rd on Netflix.

https://mydramalist.com/article/jo-bo-ah-and-rowoon-are-destined-to-meet-in-the-trailer-of-destined-with-you

• Like 1

by lo_ve, July 20, 2023
12 5

Lee Tae Ri will be joining the cast of the upcoming K-drama Destined With You

On July 20th,  it was officially confirmed that Lee Tae Ri would be part of the upcoming JTBC K-drama Destined With You cast. 

This will be his first K-drama for 2023. The actor last starred in the K-drama Bloody Heart with Lee Joon, Kang Han Na, Jang Hyuk, Park Ji Yeon, Heo Sung Tae, and Ha Do Gwon

Lee Tae Ri will also star in the upcoming series You and Me together with Kim Hee Jung. This will be his first-ever leading role in a romance K-drama on a broadcast channel. The upcoming K-drama will premiere in MBN this coming October. 

The actor is known for being part of the hit K-dramas The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won, Tale of the Nine-Tailed, Extraordinary You, The Beauty Inside, Rooftop Prince, Moon Embracing the Sun, Sungkyunkwan Scandal, and more. 

2wdOgE_2f.jpg

Destined With You will tell the story of a woman who found a forbidden book that was sealed 300 years ago and a man who will be the victim of discovering the book. 

The upcoming K-drama will be led by Jo Bo Ah, SF9's Rowoon, Ha Joon, Girls Day's Yura, Hyun Bong Sik, and Park Kyung Hye

Lee Tae Ri will play the role of Kim Wook. He is a lawyer. He is also the best friend of Rowoon's character Jang Shin Yu. He is liked by everyone because of his warm personality. 

Destined With You will be the next work of director Nam Ki Hoon (Kiss Sixth Sense and Big Bet Season 2) and writer Noh Ji Sul. (100 Days My Prince and Scent of a Woman).  

The fantasy romance K-drama will air its first episode on August 23rd. The K-drama will also premiere on the global OTT platform, Netflix.

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-tae-ri-confirmed-to-star-in-the-k-drama-destined-with-you-led-by-jo-bo-ah-and-sf9-s-rowoon

• Like 2

July 21 2023

First teaser trailer for JTBC drama “Destined with You”

Destined_with_You-tpSM1.jpg

First teaser trailer added for JTBC drama series “Destined with You” starring Jo Bo-Ah & Ro Woon. The drama series is set around the city of Onju, where a successful lawyer Jang Shin-Yu tries to end his family’s 350 year curse and civil servant Lee Hong-Jo comes into possession of a mysterious wooden box. The teaser trailer begins with Ro Woon stating “Pit-a-pat…. I thought my heart was melting”

“Destined with You” will first air August 23, 2023 in South Korea and will also be available to stream on Netflix.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Lee Hong-Jo (Jo Bo-Ah) is the lowest grade (level 9) civil servant. She always does her best at work, even though she suffers from many civil complaints. In her personal life, she is used to being alone. One day, she happens to become the owner of an old wooden chest and the key to lift a curse from Jang Shin-Yu (Ro Woon).

Jang Shin-Yu is a competent lawyer who is smart and good-looking. He is usually in the spotlight wherever he goes, but he suffers from an unexplained disease. His condition gets progressively worse. He is desperate to life the curse that has run through his family for generations. Jang Shin-Yu seeks help from Lee Hong-Jo, who owns the old wooden chest.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/first-teaser-trailer-for-jtbc-drama-destined-with-you

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Watch: Jo Bo Ah Is Taken Aback By Rowoon’s Advances In “Destined With You” Teaser

Jul 30, 2023
by S. Nam

Watch: Jo Bo Ah Is Taken Aback By Rowoon’s Advances In “Destined With You” Teaser

Jo Bo Ah and Rowoon are intertwined in mysterious ways in JTBC’s upcoming drama “Destined With You”!

“Destined With You” is a fantasy romance which will tell the love story of civil servant Lee Hong Jo (Jo Bo Ah) who obtains a forbidden book sealed 300 years ago and ace lawyer Jang Shin Yu (SF9’s Rowoon) who becomes a victim of the forbidden book. The drama will be penned by “100 Days My Prince” writer No Ji Sul and helmed by director Nam Ki Hoon of “Oh My Baby” and “Voice 3.”

In the newly released second teaser, the mysterious forbidden book is opened from its seal along with the narration, “The curse and pain will end since the owner of the old wooden box has appeared,” previewing a change in Jang Shin Yu’s fate.

During an exchange between Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu, Lee Hong Jo states, “What are you saying? I don’t believe in things like that at all.” However, when Jang Shin Yu asks, “What about curses?” Lee Hong Jo hesitates and admits that she believes in them.

Jang Shin Yu smoothly remarks, “Take responsibility for lighting up my heart,” as he continues to make advances on Lee Hong Jo, even leaning in close despite Lee Hong Jo trying to avoid him at all costs. Lee Hong Jo asks, “Really, why are you acting like this to me?” and Jang Shin Yu responds with a smile, “Because I want to make a good impression.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1603897wpp/watch-jo-bo-ah-is-taken-aback-by-rowoons-advances-in-destined-with-you-teaser

• Like 2

A curse and a romance await Jo Boa and Kim Ro-woon

by stroopwafel

If you’ve been hankering for a light, fun watch this summer, JTBC’s new fantasy rom-com Destined With You may be your drama. The latest teaser spotlights our two leads, Jo Boa (Military Prosecutor Doberman) and Kim Ro-woon (Tomorrow), and gives us a peek of their bickering, playful energy. Though not in the teaser, Ha Joon (Missing: The Other Side 2) and Yura (Forecasting Love and Weather) will also be joining the show as supporting leads.

Jo Boa plays Lee Hong-jo, a low-ranking civil servant whose days are filled with complaints — literally — as her job revolves around answering complaints filed with the city. She’s accustomed to being on her own and her life isn’t exactly filled with excitement — until one day she ends up owning a wooden chest. It’s not just any old chest though; by taking ownership of the chest she also becomes the key to breaking a centuries-old curse.

Kim Ro-woon will play the cursed Jang Shin-yu. It’s actually his entire family that’s been afflicted by this curse, and he’s just this generation’s sacrificial lamb. By all appearances he has a wonderful life as an ace attorney who’s always the center of attention, but his family’s curse manifests itself as a strange illness that can’t be cured. When his illness suddenly becomes worse, he seeks out Hong-jo for her help in lifting the curse.

The video starts with Shin-yu kneeling as he solemnly intones, “My pain and the curse are ended. The owner of the wooden box has appeared.” Shin-yu and Hong-jo face each other with Shin-yu clasping his hands over his heart and Hong-jo holding up a piece of paper that burns in her hand. It’s all very dreamy, and Hong-jo cuts in to pish-posh it all: “What are you talking about? I don’t believe in crap like that. At. All.” Shin-yu’s still serious and he asks, “What about curses?”

Curses, she does believe in lol. Shin-yu explains to her that he’s cursed: “Take responsibilty. You turned on the light in my heart. Twinkle, twinkle.” Shin-yu proceeds to pop up all over the place; wherever Hong-jo is, Shin-yu makes it his business to be there while looking exceedingly pleased with himself and taken with Hong-jo.

Hong-jo, on the other hand, is decidedly annoyed by her new, gigantic shadow. Fed up, she asks him, “Seriously, why are you being like this?” The teaser ends with a close-up of Shin-yu giving a little smile, “I’m trying to make a good impression.”

I’m digging this pairing and entire setup! I keep trying to work out how exactly this chest and curse ties in with the romance part of the story. Not trying to insert too much logic into the fantasy yet, I guess I’m just trying to figure out if this is like a genie’s lamp situation. Except instead of a lamp and a genie, you end up with a chest and a Ro-woon (not a bad deal if you ask me).

Directed by PD Nam Ki-hoon (Big Bet, Kiss Sixth Sense) with scripts by Noh Ji-seol (100 Days My Prince), Destined With You will premiere August 23 on JTBC.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/a-curse-and-a-romance-await-jo-boa-and-kim-ro-woon/

• Like 2

Rowoon And Jo Bo Ah Are Surrounded By Magical Lights In Romantic “Destined With You” Poster

Aug 1, 2023
by S. Kim

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Destined With You” has dropped a new poster!

“Destined With You” is a fantasy romance which will tell the love story of civil servant Lee Hong Jo (Jo Bo Ah) who obtains a forbidden book sealed 300 years ago and ace lawyer Jang Shin Yu (SF9’s Rowoon) who becomes a victim of the forbidden book. The drama will be penned by “100 Days My Prince” writer No Ji Sul and helmed by director Nam Ki Hoon of “Oh My Baby” and “Voice 3.”

The newly released poster exudes magical vibes with Jang Shin Yu and Lee Hong Jo standing under the mysterious pink moon. Jang Shin Yu is surrounded by countless lights, and Lee Hong Jo is holding a paper on fire, which is a page from a forbidden book. Placed around them are an old wooden box—which stands out amidst the lush greenery—candles, and ceramic bowls placed on top of red silk.

The text that reads, “Shall we be each other’s destiny?” arouses viewers’ curiosity about Jang Shin Yu and Lee Hong Jo’s relationship, which has been going on for more than 300 years as “the sacrificial lamb of the forbidden book” and “the owner of the wooden box who can lift the curse.”

rowoon-jo-bo-ah-1.jpeg

The production team remarked, “The heart-fluttering fate-like narrative as well as a delightful and sweet romance that is irresistible will present viewers with a new kind of joy. Please look forward to the synergy of Jo Bo Ah and Rowoon, who will portray the fate-like narrative of Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu in a detailed and pleasant way.”

“Destined With You” is set to premiere on August 23 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1604348wpp/rowoon-and-jo-bo-ah-are-surrounded-by-magical-lights-in-romantic-destined-with-you-poster

• Like 2

by Hazel Jung, August 1, 2023

Z87NpJ_2f.jpg

On August 1st, the production unveiled the main poster, capturing the mysterious and dreamy atmosphere of Lee Hong Jo (played by Jo Bo Ah) and Jang Shin Yu (played by Rowoon) under the moonlight. Viewers are curious to know what story their destined bond from a past life will tell. JTBC's new Wednesday-Thursday drama Destined With You (written by Noh Ji Sul and directed by Nam Ki Hoon) is set to have its premiere on August 23rd at 10:30 PM KST.

Destined With You is an inescapable romance between a low-ranking civil servant, Lee Hong Jo, who comes into possession of a book that was strictly sealed away 300 years ago, and Jang Shin Yu, a lawyer who becomes the sacrifice for that book. The sweet and delightful romance that begins with the two irresistibly drawn to an unavoidable destiny will awaken the viewers' fluttering hearts.

The main poster intensifies curiosity about the destined tale of Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu entangled in their past life. Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu stand beneath the mystical 'Pink Moon.' The moonlight surrounding them creates a dreamy atmosphere. Lee Hong Jo holds a page of the burning book, and Jang Shin Yu is surrounded by numerous lights, a fascinating sight. The peculiar atmosphere, with an old wooden boat visible amidst lush vegetation and candles and bowls placed on red silk, adds more mystery.

The phrase "Shall we do fate?" ignites curiosity about the relationship between Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu, which has continued for 300 years. What is the curse that falls upon Jang Shin Yu as the "sacrifice for the book," and what kind of destiny is entwined with Lee Hong Jo, the "owner of the boat," who can break that curse?

Jo Bo Ah will portray Lee Hong Jo, a 9th-grade civil servant and a problem solver for the citizens' complaints. Despite being overwhelmed by unimaginable complaints, she always does her best but remains introverted. Unexpectedly, she becomes the "owner of the book," holding the key to break Jang Shin Yu's curse. The sudden transformation of the ordinary low-ranking civil servant, Lee Hong Jo, into the owner of the book, leaves viewers wondering why and how this happened.

The production team of Destined With You stated, "The heartwarming and destined romance, along with the delightful and sweet inescapable romance, will provide a different kind of entertainment. Jo Bo Ah and Rowoon's synergy in portraying Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu's destined tale is highly anticipated.

• Like 2

News bites: August 1, 2023

by tccolb

Z87NpJ_2f.jpg

Speaking of romance, a new poster has dropped JTBC’s Destined With You, featuring our main pair: Kim Ro-woon (Tomorrow) and Jo Boa (Military Prosecutor Doberman). Directed by PD Nam Ki-hoon (Big Bet, Tunnel) with scripts by Noh Ji-seol (100 Days My Prince), the fantasy is slated to broadcast later this month on August 23. [JTBC]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/08/news-bites-august-1-2023/

• Like 1

Under the cherry blossoms, current life's Rowoon, previous life's Jo Bo-ah... Fateful, vague romance ('This love is irresistible')

BF.34138508.1.jpg

Jo Bo-ah and Rowoon draw a fateful romance tangled in their previous lives.

On the 3rd, JTBC's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'This Love Is Irresistible' released the third teaser video of Lee Hong-jo (played by Jo Bo-ah) and Jang Shin-yu (played by Rowoon), who are approaching each other as if they were guided by fate.

'This Love Is Force Majeure' is an irresistible romance between Hongjo Lee, a low-level civil servant who obtained a forbidden book that was thoroughly sealed 300 years ago, and Shinyu Jang, a lawyer who fell victim to the forbidden book. A sweet and delightful romance that began with the earnest wishes of a man and a woman caught up in an irresistible fate awakens the excitement of viewers.

In the third teaser video released, the past and present lives of Lee Hong-jo and Jang Shin-yu intersect, creating a sense of nostalgia. Lee Hong-jo of the previous life, connected to Jang Shin-yu's deep eyes looking at the profuse cherry blossoms. In response to Jang Shin-yu's question, "You don't know what's going to happen to you," Lee Hong-jo replies, "You don't even know, Jang Shin-yu." However, Jang Shin-yu's confident answer, "I can know. Because I will," makes me more curious about the relationship between the two people who connect the previous life and the present life.

The appearance of Lee Hong-jo and Jang Shin-yu looking at each other as if time has stopped among crowded people stimulates heartbreaking excitement. One day over 300 years ago, Lee Hong-jo's sad voice, "I've seen the future. I have no place by your side," and Jang Shin-yu's earnest confession, "Let's run away, anywhere, anywhere" makes us guess the heartbreaking story hidden between them. Indeed, it stimulates curiosity about what kind of fate the two are intertwined with.

Lee Hong-jo, played by Jo Bo-ah, is a civil complaint solver at the Wenju City Hall and a 9th-grade civil servant who will solve the curse of Jang Shin-yu. Lee Hong-jo, who always does her best despite suffering from complaints beyond imagination, is a person who is used to being alone. As she becomes the owner of an old wooden box out of nowhere, she holds the key to unlocking Jang Shinyu's curse. Rowoon took on the role of Jang Shin-yu, an ace lawyer waiting for the owner of the wooden box to lift the curse passed down through the family. He is a straight man who smells like a well-dried linen shirt in the clear autumn sun, and is in the spotlight wherever he is. As the disease of unknown cause becomes severe, he seeks help from Lee Hong-jo, the owner of the wooden box, and faces an unexpected upheaval.

'This Love Is Irresistible' will premiere on the 23rd.

Reporter Kang Min-kyung, Ten Asia kkk39@tenasia.co.kr

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/tv-drama/article/2023080321584

by lo_ve, August 3, 2023
3 1

We'll be seeing Park Kyung Hye in two K-dramas next month.

On August 3rd, it was officially confirmed that Park Kyung Hye will be joining the soon-to-air K-drama Destined With You

Park Kyung Hye currently stars in the K-drama My Lovely Liar alongside Kim So Hyun, Hwang Min Hyun, Seo Ji Hoon, Lee Si Woo, Uhm Ji Yoon, and Kim Won Hoon

The actress will also join the upcoming K-drama Heesu in Class 2 led by Ahn Ji Ho, Lee Sang Jun, Jo Joon Young, Kim Do Yeon, Jeon Yeong In, and Yang Jung Ah

Park Kyung Hye is known for being a supporting role in the K-dramas Love in Contract, My Roommate Is a Gumiho, Miss Lee, Touch Your Heart, Goblin, and more. 

The actress is also included in the movie Smugglers led by Kim Hye Soo, Yeom Jung Ah, Zo In Sung, Park Jung Min, Kim Jong Soo, and Go Min Si. The movie is still available in Korean theatres. Park Kyung Hye will also star in the upcoming film Re-Born

Z87eXL_2f.jpg

Destined With You will reveal the romance story of a woman who found a forbidden book that was sealed 300 years ago and a man who will be the victim of the forbidden book. 

The upcoming K-drama will be directed by Nam Ki Hoon (Kiss Sixth Sense and Big Bet Season 2) and written by Noh Ji Sul. (100 Days My Prince and Scent of a Woman).  

The story will be led by Jo Bo Ah, SF9's Rowoon, Ha Joon, Girls Day's Yura, and Hyun Bong Sik

Park Kyung Hye will give life to the character named Son Sae Byeol. She is a public official worker at the Green Division of Onju City Hall. She is a luxurious person who's interested in the events of the City Hall. She also knows all the news about the people around the City Hall. She will work closely with Jo Bo Ah's character Lee Hong Jo. 

Destined With You will premiere on August 23rd at 10:30 PM KST. It will be part of JTBC's Wednesday and Thursday K-drama timeslot. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/park-kyung-hye-confirmed-to-star-in-destined-with-you-with-jo-bo-ah-and-sf9-s-rowoon

Watch: Rowoon And Jo Bo Ah Are Fated To Love In Both Their Past And Present Lives In “Destined With You”

Watch: Rowoon And Jo Bo Ah Are Fated To Love In Both Their Past And Present Lives In “Destined With You”

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Destined With You” has dropped a new teaser!

“Destined With You” is a fantasy romance which will tell the love story of civil servant Lee Hong Jo (Jo Bo Ah) who obtains a forbidden book sealed 300 years ago and ace lawyer Jang Shin Yu (SF9’s Rowoon) who becomes a victim of the forbidden book. The drama is penned by “100 Days My Prince” writer No Ji Sul and helmed by director Nam Ki Hoon of “Oh My Baby” and “Voice 3.”

The newly released teaser creates nostalgic vibes by showing the current and past lives of Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu. Jang Shin Yu says, “You don’t know what is going to happen to you.” Lee Hong Jo then replies, “Neither do you.” But Jang Shin Yu says with confidence, “No, I can tell because I am going to do it.”

The teaser then moves on to show the past lives of the two. Amidst the crowd, Lee Hong Jo and Jang Shin Yu look at each other only as if time has stopped. Jang Shin Yu whispers in Lee Hong Jo’s ear, “Let’s run away, somewhere, anywhere,” as he embraces her tightly.

Watch the full teaser below!

“Destined With You” is set to premiere on August 23 at 10:30 p.m. KST. Watch another teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1605213wpp/watch-rowoon-and-jo-bo-ah-are-fated-to-love-in-both-their-past-and-present-lives-in-destined-with-you