[Drama 2023] Numbers, 넘버스

larus

INFINITE’s Kim Myung Soo And Choi Jin Hyuk Experience A Traumatic Event In “Numbers”

Jul 21, 2023

MBC’s “Numbers” has shared a sneak peek of its upcoming ninth episode!

“Numbers” is a suspenseful revenge drama set against the backdrop of a major accounting firm. In what marks his first acting project since his return from the military, INFINITE’s Kim Myung Soo (L) stars as Jang Ho Woo, the first accountant without a college degree to join the prestigious Taeil Accounting Firm.

Choi Jin Hyuk plays veteran accountant Han Seung Jo, a man with a wealthy family, exceptional educational background, and good personality, who is also the only son of Taeil Accounting Firm’s vice president Han Je Gyun (Choi Min Soo).

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Numbers,” Han Je Gyun ordered people to get rid of Yang Jae Hwan (Choi Jung Woo), who had evidence of his evil deeds and was demanding money, as well as his henchman Shim Hyung Woo (INFINITE’s Lee Sungyeol). As a result, Yang Jae Hwan and Shim Hyung Woo got trapped in a burning warehouse. Jang Ho Woo and Han Seung Jo arrived just in time to save Yang Jae Hwan, but just as they were about to save Shim Hyung Woo, the warehouse exploded with Shim Hyung Woo still trapped inside.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Jang Ho Woo and Han Seung Jo are captured with police cars and police lines behind them, indicating that the warehouse has turned into a crime scene. Jang Ho Woo appears to be in a daze, while Han Seung Jo looks like he is on the verge of tears as he leans on a police car with a disheveled appearance.

As the previous episode ended on a major cliffhanger, it remains to be seen how the events that left Jang Ho Woo and Han Seung Jo in shock will affect the drama’s plot going forward.

numbers-still-1.jpeg

numbers-still-3.jpeg

Spoiler

numbers-still-2.jpeg

numbers-still-4.jpeg

Another set of stills captures the strong bromance chemistry between Ho Woo and Seung Jo, who are starting to resemble each other without even realizing it. In the photos, Jang Ho Woo and Han Seung Jo are completely immersed in their work with piles of documents and tax law books spread out before them.

The stills also show certain similarities between the two accountants, including how they are both completely focused and unable to take their eyes off the books and documents in front of them, how they both have their hands on their lips while pondering something, and how they both take off their jackets and roll up their sleeves while working.

kim-myung-soo-3.jpeg

Spoiler

choi-jin-hyuk-4.jpeg

kim-myung-soo-2-1.jpeg

choi-jin-hyuk-1.jpeg

kim-myung-soo-4.jpeg

choi-jin-hyuk-2.jpeg

kim-myung-soo-1-1.jpeg

choi-jin-hyuk-3.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1601973wpp/infinites-kim-myung-soo-and-choi-jin-hyuk-experience-a-traumatic-event-in-numbers

• Like 3

Yeonwoo Gets Shy During A Café Date With INFINITE’s Kim Myung Soo In “Numbers”

Yeonwoo Gets Shy During A Café Date With INFINITE’s Kim Myung Soo In “Numbers”

Jul 21, 2023
by E. Cha

MBC’s “Numbers” has shared a sneak peek of a sweet moment between INFINITE’s Kim Myung Soo and Yeonwoo!

A suspenseful revenge drama set against the backdrop of a major accounting firm, “Numbers” stars Kim Myung Soo as Jang Ho Woo, the first accountant without a college degree to join the prestigious Taeil Accounting Firm. Yeonwoo plays Jin Yeon Ah, a cheerful senior associate at the firm who knows a lot about numbers, but has no idea just how scary a place the world can be.

Spoilers

Previously on “Numbers,” Jin Yeon Ah started helping Jang Ho Woo in his investigations. As the two colleagues worked together, it became increasingly obvious that Jin Yeon Ah had feelings for Jang Ho Woo—but when Jang Ho Woo found out that Jin Yeon Ah was the daughter of Jisan Bank president Jin Tae Soo (Kang Shin Il), it became unclear how this new knowledge would affect their relationship.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, there is visible tension between Jang Ho Woo and Jin Yeon Ah as they spend time together outside the office. Jang Ho Woo wears his usual smile as he greets Jin Yeon Ah, who arrived first and was waiting for him at the café—but the visibly shy Jin Yeon Ah gets adorably awkward while sipping her drink, seemingly afraid that Jang Ho Woo will catch onto her feelings for him.

At another point during their meeting, Jin Yeon Ah looks at Jang Ho Woo with a worried expression, making it obvious just how much she cares about him.

Kim-Myung-Soo-5.jpeg

Kim-Myung-Soo-Yeonwoo-1.jpeg

Spoiler

Yeonwoo-1.jpeg

Kim-Myung-Soo-2-2.jpeg

Yeonwoo-2.jpeg

To find out if the budding romance between these two accountants will finally blossom, tune in to the next episode of “Numbers” on July 21 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1602059wpp/yeonwoo-gets-shy-during-a-cafe-date-with-infinites-kim-myung-soo-in-numbers

• Like 4

(EP10 written preview)

not working

Ho-woo (Kim Myung-soo) is furious that Je-gyun (Choi Min-soo) has influenced both his past and present.

While Ho-woo wanders, Seung-jo (Choi Jin-hyeok) also spends a painful time for a similar reason.

However, in the meantime, when a great crisis comes around Yeon-ah (Yeon-woo) due to Gyun's scheme, Ho-woo and Seung-jo come together again.

But the situation is getting out of hand.

“It must be me who pulls it down.”

#Numbers Episode 10 pre-release

"My real parents died because of him!"

'Numbers' Kim Myung-soo, and Choi Jin-hyeok exploded with anger for Choi Min-soo's evil doing

Yn2OdpD.jpg

https://news.jtbc.co.kr/article/article.aspx?news_id=NB12136252

• Like 3

Here are the ratings for Episode 9 :).

“Numbers” Heads Into Final 2 Weeks On Ratings Rise + “Revenant” Remains No. 1

“Numbers” Heads Into Final 2 Weeks On Ratings Rise + “Revenant” Remains No. 1

MBC’s “Numbers” enjoyed a rise in viewership ahead of its final three episodes!

On July 21, “Numbers” kicked off the final two weeks of its run with a ratings boost. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the drama starring INFINITE’s Kim Myung Soo (L) and Choi Jin Hyuk scored an average nationwide rating of 3.3 percent, marking an increase from its previous episode last Saturday.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1602254wpp/numbers-heads-into-final-2-weeks-on-ratings-rise-revenant-remains-no-1

• Like 3

Spoiler

INFINITE’s Kim Myung Soo Gets Into A Fistfight On “Numbers”

INFINITE’s Kim Myung Soo Gets Into A Fistfight On “Numbers”

MBC’s “Numbers” has shared a sneak peek of the emotional turmoil that lies ahead for INFINITE’s Kim Myung Soo!

A suspenseful revenge drama set against the backdrop of a major accounting firm, “Numbers” stars Kim Myung Soo as Jang Ho Woo, the first accountant without a college degree to join the prestigious Taeil Accounting Firm.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Numbers,” Lee Sung Joo (Jung Woong In) shook up Jang Ho Woo’s entire world when he unexpectedly hinted at his knowledge of the young accountant’s parents. Back when Ho Woo was a young child, Jang In Ho (Nam Myung Ryul) found the boy crying and alone, and he wound up raising him as his own son when no one came looking for him. Ho Woo, who had no memories of his family, had always considered Jang In Ho his father.

However, at the end of the latest episode, Lee Sung Joo shocked Ho Woo by bringing up his parents—suggesting not only that he knew who they were, but also that Hwang Je Gyun (Choi Min Soo) was involved in their deaths.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Ho Woo’s newfound knowledge about his parents and their tragic demise seems to have shaken him to the core. Before, Ho Woo always maintained his upright image and “model student” attitude no matter what obstacles and hardships life threw his way. However, once he has learned just how deeply Hwang Je Gyun has influenced his entire life, the enraged Ho Woo falls into a rebellious phase and struggles to pull himself back together.

One set of photos captures Ho Woo getting into a physical brawl with a drunk guy on the street at night, unable to control his fury and rage.

Kim-Myung-Soo-6.jpegKim-Myung-Soo-2-3.jpegKim-Myung-Soo-3-1.jpeg

Another set of photos shows Ho Woo sporting bruises and cuts on his face after the fistfight, looking tormented and on the brink of bursting into tears.

Spoiler

Kim-Myung-Soo-4-1.jpegKim-Myung-Soo-5-1.jpeg

To find out what truths Ho Woo will learn—and how his new knowledge will affect his quest for revenge—tune in to the next episode of “Numbers” on July 22 at 9:50 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1602281wpp/infinites-kim-myung-soo-gets-into-a-fistfight-on-numbers

• Like 3

I'm still watching, but not digging that the older Han killed Ho Woo's parents.  The actor portraying the older Han is good; who'd think glasses could look so threatening.  I wonder if he would appear a threat without the glasses.

• Like 4

Here are the ratings for Episode 10 :).

“Revenant” And “Durian’s Affair” Earn Their Highest Saturday Ratings Yet; “See You In My 19th Life” Dips To All-Time Low

“Revenant” And “Durian’s Affair” Earn Their Highest Saturday Ratings Yet; “See You In My 19th Life” Dips To All-Time Low

The battle for weekend drama ratings remains as fierce as ever!

MBC’s “Numbers” dropped to a nationwide average of 2.4 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1602350wpp/revenant-and-durians-affair-earn-their-highest-saturday-ratings-yet-see-you-in-my-19th-life-dips-to-all-time-low

• Like 3

(Number  EP11 written preview)

Timing to Become a Bad Guy

In the end, Tae-soo faces a crisis

Han Je-kyun prepares the last step to get what he wants.

Ho-woo and Seung-jo set out to stop this.

With the addition of Joyce's pincer attack, an elaborate counterattack against Han Je-kyun is foreshadowed...

"It's actually a dismissal...?"

[넘버스 OST Part.5] Tabber - Come Back Home (Lyrics)

#Numbers Episodes 9-10 behind the scenes

"Sister? Since when have you been here?" charisma eradication

What is the story of being summoned?

#Numbers EP10 Making
It's time for heartbroken Ho-woo to destroy Han Je-kyun

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I'm still watching,

Am also still watching but am catching up due to travels. Just finished ep 7.

:wow1:

I really hate to say this and this is not criticism towards the actress herself, but am I the only one who finds Jang Ji Soo as a character a bit flat? I just don't find Ji Soo interesting one bit and I don't sympathize with her. Am still on ep 7 so maybe there has been character development.

Might be an unpopular opinion:

Spoiler

Am not sure if the actress has had a lot of PS, but it seems that her face hardly moves. Maybe that's why I perceive the character so one-sided and uninteresting?

On a side note, am finding the married couple (Jae Hwan & Hye Won) with the daughter an interesting side story. Wish we would see more of them.

On 7/16/2023 at 5:11 PM, larus said:

I felt sorry for Yang Jae-Hwan, Son Hye-Won and their daughter. He is becoming blind because he was poison with methanol while working.

I felt very sad for him too. :tears: And seems elder Han is responsible.

Am still not understanding why they had to throw romance in the plot. The whole Ho Woo - Yeon Ah love arc is superfluous in my opinion.

On 7/18/2023 at 1:05 PM, larus said:

I like the friendship between Han Seung Jo and Seo Eun-woo. I wish we have more scenes with them.

Is it too much to hope that Seung Jo will forget Ji Soo and take his friendship with Eun Woo to the next level? LOL

EDIT: Ok, so am now watching ep 8 and finally it is revealed that Ji Soo has a son (like we were guessing earlier) and that means that Seung Jo is the dad. Guess we will see Ji Soo and Seung Jo make up in the end.

My ship sank. 

fail-as-a-team-team-fail.gif

On 7/20/2023 at 11:14 AM, violet88 said:

This could explain his thought process and his ability to find clues out of his observation and/or investigation.

Agree with this!

:approves:

• Like 5

8 hours ago, joccu said:

I was finally able to catch up. 

I was always wondering why Han gave barista job to the deaf girl.  Now I know. 

She might not be deaf at all.. she can speak :unamused:

Possible that she might be pretending to be deaf to be VP Han's spy?..

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

18 hours ago, partyon said:

I really hate to say this and this is not criticism towards the actress herself, but am I the only one who finds Jang Ji Soo as a character a bit flat? I just don't find Ji Soo interesting one bit and I don't sympathize with her. Am still on ep 7 so maybe there has been character development.

You're not the only one, chingu.  What did Seung Jo see in her other than possibly her appearance?  Hopefully, there will be some cute scenes with Ji soo, Seung Jo and their son so we can see her personality.

9 hours ago, partyon said:

Just finished ep 8. Can't believe the VP killed Shim Hyung Woo. This VP needs to go. 

Did Hyung woo have a wife and child?  I was wondering who the woman and young child was at the funeral. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

44 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

You're not the only one, chingu.  What did Seung Jo see in her other than possibly her appearance?  Hopefully, there will be some cute scenes with Ji soo, Seung Jo and their son so we can see her personality.

Me too.. I felt like Ji Soo's character is too aloof.. There is no warmth in her.. Maybe because she was hurt by all the tragedy, hence had transformed into what she is today. But how could she be so cold towards Ho Woo too (at the beginning of their first encounter after separated for many years).. Isn't both of them supposed to be like siblings since uncle Jang had taken in and raise Ho Woo as his own son? I just feel like its not connected..

Not sure whether its the actress, or the way her character was written..

44 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Did Hyung woo have a wife and child?  I was wondering who the woman and young child was at the funeral. 

Yes, Hyong Woo had one child. There is one scene where he went back to his home at night and watched his sleeping child and their family picture.. But I think his story line was too shallow, we don't even have the chance to see his struggled background to rationalize his blind judgement to be VP Han's henchman just so he could become a partner in the firm..

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

8 hours ago, CarolynH said:

7 hours ago, violet88 said:

Yes, Hyong Woo had one child. There is one scene where he went back to his home at night and watched his sleeping child and their family picture.. But I think his story line was too shallow,

Yup, this scene of his wife and son was in one of the early episodes. I remember being surprised about it because he didn’t strike me as a family man - especially since it was being set up that he was an evil dude.

Glad that he at least tried to set things right before he died, but I do feel bad for his son.

7 hours ago, violet88 said:

Me too.. I felt like Ji Soo's character is too aloof.. There is no warmth in her.. Maybe because she was hurt by all the tragedy, hence had transformed into what she is today. But how could she be so cold towards Ho Woo too

This! I haven’t felt any kind of sympathy for her. I hope oppa doesn’t end up with her in the end. LOL

• Like 5

On 7/25/2023 at 2:20 PM, partyon said:

Not sure if anyone shared this video before, but KOCOWA sat down the cast and interviewed 3 of the leads:

Good subtitles available.

:dorashakes:

Thank you for posting the interview video.  Yeon Woo(Yeon-A) talked about how hard it was to memorize all that accounting related jargon and to learn about the meaning of it in order to deliver a believable character as Yeon-A  is an experienced accountant.   
The accounting jargon sounds so boring to me that I have a hard time really digging into the storyline.:sweatingbullets:    I wonder if that’s why there aren’t so many dramas about accounting as a main theme.   

'Numbers' Kim Myung-soo → Choi Jin-hyeok,

'Goodbye' to soothe the end of the show