[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

Guest Bamidele

can you elaborate the meaning behind taking away what isnt yours? into words, this sounds so so sad. DJ's first line, i feel sad for her but in a way it's her own misgivings too.. arggghhh looks like a sad one up ahead.

im liking all these 3 better. aigooo... the wedding would look great, but havent heard any news of them filming one.. i wonder how is it gonna go.. arggghhh many things could happen.. im just looking forward to LMK hotness!!

LMK totally grew on me from watching him act, at first i didn't like him but now i don't even know how i couldn't he is adorably hot, his character is the kind of guy i'd want to hang out with, hopefully DJ gets a clue and realizes what she is essentially letting herself lose!!!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest laesperanza43

Ahh... what will happen to our Dalja-Taebong couple?

Will it end in a tragedy... or a happy ending?

I'm really really hoping for the latter.

I can't imagine this drama with a dreary end. It's quite impossible, don't you think?

From the preview, it's obvious that Taebong gave his ex a darn good speech about life. "You don't love me. You just want to HAVE... that's why you're always taking things that aren't yours."

Poor Dalja... she says she's alone like she's always been... but maybe she already has what she's been looking for all these years.

I can't wait until Wed.

You guys at this thread are amazing. It's awesome to know that people like you appreciate great Korean dramas like Dalja! :)

Oh dear… TB-DJ shippers, you better brace yourselves. Looks like they're setting us up for one heart-wrenching episode. :(

Episode 21 Audio Preview translated

DJ: I became alone once again… like I had been once before. Somebody please help me to stop crying over him!

TB: You’re not happy living like this either. Because you're unhappy, that’s the reason why you keep wanting the things you want and taking away [what isn’t yours] the things you take. And the reason you’re behaving like this towards me isn't b/c you love me; only, you just simply want to have me.

DJ: I’m going to the U.S. in 3 weeks.

*end of preview*

Oh gosh.. tat sounds so depressing. I hope they dun do that "meet again in 5yrs" plot. Tat plot is so overdone. This drama has been fantastic so far, I hope they dun ruin it by giving it a lousy ending. I want to see both DJ and TB together and happy.. period.

Btw, does anyone knows what's up next for MinKi after this drama?? :)

Guest babymarzy07

^

^

yeah, the years ahead scenario is one of the most cliche and overused. but im not sure how they can wrap it up. id like to know too what Minki's up to next. i hope its soon. :) Bamidele, nice to see you on this thread too. Yeah, i know Minki captivates you. :lol: after watching RRLY aiiiigooo i just looked forward to his stuff. i wanna see the movie, the more naughty side of him. sorry OT there.

Guest ovette

thanks for the preview.... DalJa's crying again!!..

and im crying again :tears: :tears:

what TaeBong said about wanting to HAVE him.. that was soo true. i think TaeBong knew from the start what SuJin wanted but he never bothered to even stress on the matter. like what we were saying about selfishness and possession, TaeBong also saw right through SuJin..

so why cant he SEE RIGHT THROUGH DALJA THIS TIME?? :(

it's so hard for me to see DalJa break down and cry :tears:

i hope there's a wedding at the end too...

ep21 preview

oooohhhhh! i'm so behind on this. i'm only starting to watch ep19 now *sigh*

but wouldn't it be funny if taebong was sent to Seoul Hospital in his injured state and have Dal Hee meet him at the ER? hehe!

then Dr Ahn would be yelling at Dal Hee to quickly bring him some monitor of some kind! haha!

Guest n5y17cgirl

can you elaborate the meaning behind taking away what isnt yours? into words, this sounds so so sad. DJ's first line, i feel sad for her but in a way it's her own misgivings too.. arggghhh looks like a sad one up ahead. im curious, about Soojin bumping into UKJ and also Soojin staring at the walking away TB's back.

im liking all these 3 better. aigooo... the wedding would look great, but havent heard any news of them filming one.. i wonder how is it gonna go.. arggghhh many things could happen.. im just looking forward to LMK hotness!!

I think what TB means is simply that Soo Jin is the type of person who "wants what she can't have." When she sees something she wants, it's not that she truly desires whatever that object of her affection is, but rather the simple fact that it's not hers/the fact that she doesn't have it which makes her want to have it. Does that make sense? So in essence, it's more about the chase or the challenge for someone like SJ - the satisfaction in going after something and getting it. I think the lawyer in her tends to bring that side out of her more. Or rather, perhaps that is why she became a lawyer - since she fits that character so perfectly.

I hope it's not the 3 years down the road scenario either... but that's anyone's guess at this point. :rolleyes:

Episode 21 Audio Preview translated

TB: You’re not happy living like this either. Because you're unhappy, that’s the reason why you keep wanting the things you want and taking away [what isn’t yours] the things you take. And the reason you’re behaving like this towards me isn't b/c you love me; only, you just simply want to have me.

this is said to Su Jin not Dal Ja right?

i think TB is saying that SJ is not happy with herself, she's dissatisfied and she's looking all around for things to satisfy herself or to make her complete.

love isn't about fulfilling one's own desires but rather giving off of oneself sacrificially and that's not something SJ is prepared to do.

she thinks having TB makes her win but she doesn't think about what TB wants and what makes TB happy.

ooh! Chariots of Fire theme at the start of ep19 when DJ was doing hurdles....any of you saw that movie?

so DJ is leaving for US in 3 weeks or is she going to be in the US for 3 weeks? i'm confused....

Guest ovette

yah.... TaeBong was saying it to SuJin... it was just right for him to say it in her face.. now i hope she shuts up this time.

and for DalJa leaving :( ... was this the 'opportunity' supposedly given to SeDo, but then he didnt accept it and was given to DalJa instead? i hope her trip would get cancelled. i dont want to see her leave TaeBong :(

Guest n5y17cgirl

i think TB is saying that SJ is not happy with herself, she's dissatisfied and she's looking all around for things to satisfy herself or to make her complete.

love isn't about fulfilling one's own desires but rather giving off of oneself sacrificially and that's not something SJ is prepared to do.

she thinks having TB makes her win but she doesn't think about what TB wants and what makes TB happy.

ooh! Chariots of Fire theme at the start of ep19 when DJ was doing hurdles....any of you saw that movie?

so DJ is leaving for US in 3 weeks or is she going to be in the US for 3 weeks? i'm confused....

yes, TB is talking to SJ here (not DJ).

DJ is leaving for the US (for an undisclosed period of time) in 3 weeks. My guess is that she's probably taking SD's spot in the company's work abroad program??

Guest babymarzy07

I think what TB means is simply that Soo Jin is the type of person who "wants what she can't have." When she sees something she wants, it's not that she truly desires whatever that object of her affection is, but rather the simple fact that it's not hers/the fact that she doesn't have it which makes her want to have it. Does that make sense? So in essence, it's more about the chase or the challenge for someone like SJ - the satisfaction in going after something and getting it. I think the lawyer in her tends to bring that side out of her more. Or rather, perhaps that is why she became a lawyer - since she fits that character so perfectly.

I hope it's not the 3 years down the road scenario either... but that's anyone's guess at this point. :rolleyes:

ahhh thanks on elaborating on this.. :) it makes sense now.. i just couldn't fit the context in right... yeah, perhaps when your that type of lawyer that's main purpose is to attain and to satisfy another type of want from clients.

from what n5y17cgirl said above, yup its definitely ts being said to Sujin. well said, as in the previous episodes we see how sacrifices and compromise play a huge part of love. from what i understand, DJ says im leaving for the states in 3 weeks.

Guest arielcc

Yes! Looks like a parody on Chariots of Fire. Saw that long time ago, the theme was on the olympics.. I remember I cried at the end. They portrayed some very moving stories on the lives of the people who won and also some who gave up a chance to win a medal... Based on true story, if I'm not wrong. :)

Guest ooobloopbloopooo

yes, TB is talking to SJ here (not DJ).

DJ is leaving for the US (for an undisclosed period of time) in 3 weeks. My guess is that she's probably taking SD's spot in the company's work abroad program??

Actually, it was said when the offer was given to SeDo earlier that the program would be for 2 years. I think DalJa should go on this program. I think that DalJa will accept and she should go, the drama jumps to 2 years later, TaeBong is waiting for her with his restaurant and they reunite. That's my happy ending...and a wedding too.

Guest babymarzy07

Actually, it was said when the offer was given to SeDo earlier that the program would be for 2 years. I think DalJa should go on this program. I think that DalJa will accept and she should go, the drama jumps to 2 years later, TaeBong is waiting for her with his restaurant and they reunite. That's my happy ending...and a wedding too.

I'm thinking that she shouldn't.. Im not too happy with that scenario the years after. I mean, i think there are other ways for closure and satisfcation that will make them happy. My happy ending is one where TB does something to stop DJ and they work things out and then a wedding. In a dramatic parody, type of searching the airport kind that would be funny. IMO only. On a side note, wouldn't it be funny if UKJ and Sujin were together?

Guest Bamidele

God please no ...years later, Dal Ja is rich with creativity and if they do this it will lower my opinion of the show, i mean seriously this is soo over used, and it just pisses me off, PLEASE no..years after come up with something else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here's the preview summary for EP 21:

21회 :: 사랑에 서툰 사람들

태봉과 헤어진 후에야 조금은 사랑을 알 것 같은 달자, 신세도 대신 미국으로 해외연수를 가기로 결심하고 남겨진 추억들을 정리하며 떠날 준비를 시작한다. 태봉은 한다홈쇼핑 인수합병계약이 체결되는 결정적인 자리에서 뜻밖의 행동으로 모두를 놀라게 하고, 떠나려는 달자를 붙잡는데…!

Guest cafeaulait

It says TB grabs DJ to stop her from going to America, but it doesn't say whether he succeeds... Damn cryptic preview writers!

TB also surprises everyone with his actions in the Handa merger deal.

Guest babymarzy07

It says TB grabs DJ to stop her from going to America, but it doesn't say whether he succeeds... Damn cryptic preview writers!

TB also surprises everyone with his actions in the Handa merger deal.

ahhh some sort of relief. but im sure it'll be those cliffhanger types and in ep22 will we know if TB will stop DJ succefully. im excited to see what happens. im sure ep22 we can breathe a sigh of relief finally. :)

Guest ooobloopbloopooo

I feel that it's only fair that DalJa seizes this opportunity to grow carrer-wise. As her mom was telling TB in episode 19, DalJa at one point as a child realized how her mother struggled financially and since then, has always been so independent and cautious not to hurt those around her. Even if she's getting hurt, she does as much as she can so that especially the people she cares about don't get hurt. In a way, DalJa's always struggled and I feel that her being able to go abroad and study and develop more skills would be great for her.

At the same time, DalJa is extremely talented and skilled in what she does. She's also received recognition from her co-wokers for the amazing work she does. And in this way, I don't think she necessarily needs to go. Thus, it would be great to see her stay with TB. Just as TB temporarily gave up pursuing his dream, I would like to see DJ do the same.

I think many will agree with me [as I've seen above] that I just want a REAL wedding with TB & DJ in the end!

Guest amane~matsuo

Just seen the ep21 preview~~ gahhhh! this will be the ultimate tearjerker EP for me I think~~ texticon29pg8.giftexticon29pg8.giftexticon29pg8.gif

If Sae Do`s training program was given instead to DJ and then DJ accepted it, then she must be the most considerate and giving friend ever! coming to think of it, SD was really problematic whether what he will choose and my theory is that DJ asked for Kangteam Jang to instead let her go to US instead of Sae Do.. and this I think is the best way for her to forget about everything... but then.. when she comes back after two years..

I hope the feelings are still there.. they say absence makes the heart grow fonder.. and then when she comes back they realize they still love each other then TB asks her for marriage.. finally! or even without marriage, just seeing them together happy in the end will make me happy and glad.. so yeah that's the way I see it.. typical of most dramas nowadays, girl leaves for abroad or guy leaves and then comes back and finally realizes can't do without each other... I hope there's stillmuch more

twist here...

IMO only. On a side note, wouldn't it be funny if UKJ and Sujin were together?

LOL~ yes, it would be really funny altho i feel slightly sad for psycho ex wife if that happens~ still -- UKJ and Su Jin has lots in common, they might just be fir for each other.

Archived