[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

Guest amane~matsuo

^ LOL~! I was nervous that he won`t get the lyrics right in the karaoke game but he proved himself! he's waaaay too adorable :D

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cartoonangel

yah, MinKi was wayyy to funny in heroine 6, he also proved his wits during the singing portion. thanks creidesca for the info. i didnt get to read that, sometimes i think soompi has errors and some of the posts get deleted :(

i hope the interview gets translated too!

Ooo, when was min ki on heroine 6?? I wanna watch! lol. Btw.. can anyone translate the interview with chae rim and min ki??

Guest amane~matsuo

Ooo, when was min ki on heroine 6?? I wanna watch! lol. Btw.. can anyone translate the interview with chae rim and min ki??

^

you can find em on youtube. It was the episode where Lee Hye Young ~ Seon Ju bid farewell to the show.

Guest Dahee Fanel

^It's measuring the "power levels" of the younger men involved with older women in dramas. It includes our Tae-bong, Yeon Ha Nam from "Seven Princesses/Chil Princesses", Sam-shik from MNIKSS, and Jang Woo Jin from "Bad Women".

Anyway, I've finally gotten the chance to watch episodes seventeen and eighteen (internet was down at home). But everything I wanted to say has already been said, so I'll just say this: I'm really, really glad that TB is turning out no to be so "perfect" after all. He still has many issues to sort through for himself, such as his inability to say "I love you" (and, I think, his uncertainty about whether he really does love DJ or not). And I'm very glad the writer has touched on the money issue, and DJ's selfish (yes, I think it's selfish...DJ herself admits it's selfish) desire for TB to return to the law. She's concerned for him, yes, and she doesn't want him to suffer, but there's also an underlying desire under that tender concern for him to become the Perfect Man, someone she can brag about to her friends, and someone who can offer steady financial support. Yeah, I was pretty annoyed with her about that, although I can definitely see where she's coming from.

I think someone asked whether the writer, Kang Eun Kyung, is male or female. Kang Eun Kyung is female, and has been behind some pretty cliche dramas, such as "Hotelier" and "Glass Shoes"...Although, come to think of it, "Glass Shoes" had some elements to it that connect to this writer's maturization that led to what we're watching now, "Dal-ja's Spring".

Anyway, I've finally gotten the chance to watch episodes seventeen and eighteen (internet was down at home). But everything I wanted to say has already been said, so I'll just say this: I'm really, really glad that TB is turning out no to be so "perfect" after all. He still has many issues to sort through for himself, such as his inability to say "I love you" (and, I think, his uncertainty about whether he really does love DJ or not). And I'm very glad the writer has touched on the money issue, and DJ's selfish (yes, I think it's selfish...DJ herself admits it's selfish) desire for TB to return to the law. She's concerned for him, yes, and she doesn't want him to suffer, but there's also an underlying desire under that tender concern for him to become the Perfect Man, someone she can brag about to her friends, and someone who can offer steady financial support. Yeah, I was pretty annoyed with her about that, although I can definitely see where she's coming from.

I think it's not so much TB is incapable of saying the 3 little words as to he's still unsure if the feeling he has for DJ is love. He's quite affectionate and protective towards her and he's acknowledge that his life has taken on new meaning and direction after meeting DJ. Like DJ, he's still trying to work out what love is. If u ask me, I'll say he loves her.

As for DJ, it's really about accepting TB for who he is or who he wants to be. TB has given up on his law career to pursue his dream. DJ has to realise despite the fact that TB is a good lawyer, it's not something that he's happy doing. She has to look beyond that her own wishes and just accept TB for who he is. Isnt this what most of us are guilty of? Trying to impose our wishes on the people we love with the excuse that it's good for them? Glad that this drama brought this up.

Having said that, my heart ache when I see TB working so hard at the construction site.. *sigh. Doesn't it just makes u want to hold and cuddle him? :P

Love this drama. I'm dreading the day when this drama ends.. I dunno what I'm going to do.. maybe I might get Dal Ja's Spring withdrawal symptoms.

Guest Dahee Fanel

I think it's not so much TB is incapable of saying the 3 little words as to he's still unsure if the feeling he has for DJ is love. He's quite affectionate and protective towards her and he's acknowledge that his life has taken on new meaning and direction after meeting DJ. Like DJ, he's still trying to work out what love is. If u ask me, I'll say he loves her.

I think it's a combination of both - he isn't sure if he loves her or not, and he finds it really, really hard to say the words. I suspect that TB has not had all that much practice saying those words...In fact, he may never have said them at all. His family life certainly wasn't the kind that invites that kind of verbal (or physical, for that matter) affection. And I think it'd be pretty safe to say that he never said them to his first love, either (and only love, other than DJ, I believe). He may not be saying the words right now because he's still unsure of his feelings, but I think that even after he realizes how he feels, he might find it difficult to verbalize his feelings. *shrugs* The natural result of an unfortunate home life.

Isnt this what most of us are guilty of? Trying to impose our wishes on the people we love with the excuse that it's good for them? Glad that this drama brought this up.

Yes, so am I. :) PLUS, it brought it up in a very tasteful way, I thought...Well, maybe "tasteful" isn't the right word. But it certainly didn't feel jarring.

Doesn't it just makes u want to hold and cuddle him? :P

Definitely! That scene where he fell asleep while brushing his teeth... :tears::wub:

A thought just occured to me. Remember the episode where DJ got into UKJ's car while TB was watching? And TB gets so mad at her in the hospital afterwards. He shows a cold and prickly side to him that we'd never really seen before. And he tells her something along the lines of "I can't stand girls who yo-yo between two guys." His reaction felt very natural at the time, but recent developments in the series show that the roots of his words went even deeper than we'd thought. :tears: His first love dumped him for another man...Was TB thinking about that while he was reprimanding DJ for her actions? He must have been hurt far more than we'd originally thought while he was watching her sway between him and UKJ...And, if we think about how patient and understanding he was about DJ's feelings for UKJ, while thinking about his past experiences...It all takes on a whole new light. He's such a great guy!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Guest shanmei

채림 “연장 방송 합의한 적 없다”

pho_200703050949050201000002010200-001.jpg

탤런트 채림이 KBS 2TV 수목극 <달자의 봄>(극본 강은경. 연출 이재상) 연장 방송에 참가하지 않을 수도 있다는 뜻을 비추었다.

KBS가 최근 <달자의 봄> 방영분을 기존의 20회에서 22회로 늘리기로 확정한 이후 빚어진 일이다.

채림의 소속사인 올리브나인의 박정호 이사는 4일 일간스포츠(IS)와의 전화 인터뷰에서 “이 드라마에 20회 출연 계약을 했다. <달자의 봄>을 2회 연장해 22회로 끝맺는다는 이야기를 얼마 전에 들었다. 그러나 우리는 이에 합의한 적이 없다. 다음 일정이 밀려 있다. 이야기가 잘 안 된다면 참가를 안 하게 될 수도 있다”고 밝혔다.

채림 측은 “이 드라마의 외주 제작사인 김종학프로덕션에 썩 만족스럽지 못하다. 풀어야 할 문제가 있다”고 말해 제작 과정에서 외주 제작사와 소속사 사이에 문제가 있음을 암시했다.

채림은 이 드라마에서 서른 세 살 노처녀 오달자로 과감히 변신해 연하남 태봉(이민기)과 사랑을 그려가고 있다. SBS TV의 <외과의사 봉달희>와 만만찮은 시청률 경쟁을 벌여온 <달자의 봄>은 최근 채림의 라이벌로 서영희를 투입하는 등 후반부에서 시청률 반등을 노리고 있다. 1일 18회에선 시청률 18.6%(TNS미디어코리아)를 기록했다. <달자의 봄>의 22회는 오는 15일 방송된다.

<달자의 봄>을 맡은 이덕건 KBS CP는 “이제 얼마 남지도 않았다. 기획 단계에서 24회였던 것을 20회로 줄였다가 22회로 조정했을 뿐이다. 얼마 전에도 채림 측이 마지막 2회에 참가하지 않겠다는 의사를 밝혔다는 소리를 언뜻 들은 적이 있다.

제작 과정에서 채림 측이 어떤 이유로 서운한 마음에서 이런 소리를 한 것 같다. 여러 이유가 있겠지만 주인공이 할 얘기는 아니라고 생각한다. 마지막 2회 분량의 촬영에 결국 임해주리라 믿는다”고 말했다.

<달자의 봄>이 막판 진통을 겪고 있지만 후속작인 <마왕>의 첫 방송은 21일로 결정돼 있다.

장상용 기자 enisei@ilgan.co.kr

사진=이호형 기자

A thought just occured to me. Remember the episode where DJ got into UKJ's car while TB was watching? And TB gets so mad at her in the hospital afterwards. He shows a cold and prickly side to him that we'd never really seen before. And he tells her something along the lines of "I can't stand girls who yo-yo between two guys." His reaction felt very natural at the time, but recent developments in the series show that the roots of his words went even deeper than we'd thought. :tears: His first love dumped him for another man...Was TB thinking about that while he was reprimanding DJ for her actions? He must have been hurt far more than we'd originally thought while he was watching her sway between him and UKJ...And, if we think about how patient and understanding he was about DJ's feelings for UKJ, while thinking about his past experiences...It all takes on a whole new light. He's such a great guy!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Speaking of this, TB's ex mentioned that she never did want to break-up with him. According to her, she was doing it to get some reaction (more commitment?) out of TB. And instead of TB hanging on to her like the way she planned, TB just simply walked off. So, does that mean TB never had much affection for her or does he realised that she's not the one for him? The TB that we see with DJ is much more vocal and assertive about what he wants. He stood up against UKJ when UKJ professed his feelings for DJ. He was also equally firm with both moms about his relationship with DJ. This sure doesn't sounds like a man who'll easily give up something/someone that he really wants.

Love the part in the bus when TB told DJ that he'll wait for her to make up her mind but just don't make him wait too long.. that part made me go "awwwwww". My heart just melt... :blush:

Guest babymarzy07

As for DJ, it's really about accepting TB for who he is or who he wants to be. TB has given up on his law career to pursue his dream. DJ has to realise despite the fact that TB is a good lawyer, it's not something that he's happy doing. She has to look beyond that her own wishes and just accept TB for who he is. Isnt this what most of us are guilty of? Trying to impose our wishes on the people we love with the excuse that it's good for them? Glad that this drama brought this up.

Having said that, my heart ache when I see TB working so hard at the construction site.. *sigh. Doesn't it just makes u want to hold and cuddle him? :P

Love this drama. I'm dreading the day when this drama ends.. I dunno what I'm going to do.. maybe I might get Dal Ja's Spring withdrawal symptoms.

Very well said. Especially the part about imposing our wishes on the people our wishes. I think we have all experienced this, most of the time its from our parents or even ourselves. Part of human nature and i like how its being shown in this drama.

Me too, i only have those withdrawal symptoms not too often if i must say so. I like the message of this drama a lot and also the story. Plus of the cast (hint hint: Min Ki) hehhee :wub:

Dahee Fanel, that thought just occured to me now that you mention it. It shows such a depth in his character and an understanding beyond his years I think. Love his character :)

Guest k_fanatic

I agree in what you said about SJ babymarzy07, at first, really I was irked at Se Do because he was the two-timing playboy he is, but then he was the kind of the playboy who really is just looking for 'the right-one' and conceals it by being a playboy [he's just looking for love] and dating too many girls and then will give up being a playboy if he finally found 'the one' i believe that "the one" is Seon Ju already. I still feel deeply touched in that episode where he even stayed in the rain and scampered in the pile of garbages just to find that ring for Seon Ju. They really should settle down, especially now that they're having a baby. It'll benice to see them as one happy family... And then, Seon Ju is really that type of cold, unfeeling woman, but deep inside she's vulnerable and weak and she just hides it by being too cold and maybe it`s because of her past experience to love, and commitment. Remember that EP where she finally opened up about her 'divorce' to DalJa, she said she thought when she was at her twenties she thought she had it all, a good life, money, great career and of course, the one she loves. Well, now it's not that too great. I hope she realizes that this time it will be 'better' [i hope] and that Se Do really do loves her and that he is not burdened at all just because of the baby, coz I really think he cares :(

&& I really really hope Seon Ju will stop thinking the way she thinks about the whole situation, if she really trusts Se Do and if she really has feelings for him then i hope she realizes that love is about taking risks and putting pride and doubts aside.

but then.. love is about making sacrifices too, for yourself and also for the one you love... but then.. c`mon...! take the risk first..! still, she`s in a real tough situation, I feel for her too but I hope she can really open up.

i think it's not about SJ not trusting SD enuf, she just doesn't want SD to miss this great opportunity. I got a feeling that it's more than her past relationship that is stopping her from opening up to SD. When she knew she was pregnant, she was actually looking at a photo of a woman and a little girl, I can only assume that the little girl is her, probably her childhood wasn't very fantastic, probably she felt that she was a burden to her mother probably. In other words, I believe that there is more to SJ's story than what had been told so far. Maybe the story will develop further.

I'm now in episode 16. Part of me want to finish this show soon yet another part doesn't want it to end. This is by far the best k-drama. It has a more realistic and human element in the story telling yet not forgeting to inject some humor in it. Really kudos to the scriptwriter.

Guest arielcc

Speaking of this, TB's ex mentioned that she never did want to break-up with him. According to her, she was doing it to get some reaction (more commitment?) out of TB. And instead of TB hanging on to her like the way she planned, TB just simply walked off. So, does that mean TB never had much affection for her or does he realised that she's not the one for him? The TB that we see with DJ is much more vocal and assertive about what he wants. He stood up against UKJ when UKJ professed his feelings for DJ. He was also equally firm with both moms about his relationship with DJ. This sure doesn't sounds like a man who'll easily give up something/someone that he really wants.

Yah.. actually I was also thinking about the same thing yesterday. If the Ex gf's words are anything to go by, then the TB that we see now is definately different. The impression the Ex gave is that TB was too cool in the relationship, which made her insecure but in trying to provoke TB's jealousy, it backfired. It seemed to fit in very well with his 'cold persona' that we had a glimpse of. Don't seemed that the Ex meant that much to him. I know in Kdrama clinche, it could be that the guy was too hurt cos the girl meant too much and so he left but I doubt this was the case.

I was also thinking the death of Hee Yoon's parents must have really shook him up. Cos thru the course of the drama, he was the one initiating, first loving Dal Ja, being there for her according to her own terms until he found out that she likes him too. Then he pursued her openly. I think if he was not so assertive, the relationship would never have developed; knowing that DJ would've immediately shun away due to the age issue. But clever guy, by the time she found out it was too late!! :P Yes, like what you say, where there was competition for Dal Ja he was bold to take it on. He may be without a penny to his name but certainly a man of self confidence and that I like! :wub: It reminded of his convo with DJ when he mentioned that from e day he moved in w DJ he began to live for his dreams. Seemed like leaving home, leaving the shadow of unhappiness in his parents marriage and leaving the clutch of his mum's expectation has really liberated him.

And yes, I think the convo in the hospital, when he mentioned about him not liking women who sway between 2 men, I guess he's relating it to his Ex too. But I like it that he told DJ about it and not just sulk and turn away. Two very different outcome isn't it? So I definately tend to believe that TB feels deeper for DJ, more than the feelings he had for his Ex. But still, the history of TB and his ex is still very sketchy to date, so I may be wrong!! :blink:

Guest arielcc

I'm now in episode 16. Part of me want to finish this show soon yet another part doesn't want it to end. This is by far the best k-drama. It has a more realistic and human element in the story telling yet not forgeting to inject some humor in it. Really kudos to the scriptwriter.

I really hope they'll get the recognition due to them at their drama award or something. Usually I get just carried away with a feel-good drama, the actor and actresses, the romance. This drama is all that and more. This time round I really get to see that the story is so well developed. It's hilarious how they injected the parody. :lol: The characters are not cardboard character and there are layers that's weaved into their persona. The fact that we spent plenty of time analysing and discussing shows the richness of the story. Quite a gem if you think about it, how they put it all together. It really cos us to think :huh: , doesn't it? Yet it was without being overly ambitious. They deal with very real and practical issues. Not explosively dramatic but very thought provoking.

I'm glad that CR made a such a great choice in her comeback Kdrama after 2 years away. :wub: I'm enjoying every minute of it. ;)

lol i'm supposed to be studying.. but I couldn't help trying this drama... It's really good. I can't help but laugh... It reminds me of MNIKSS.. not because of the age thing, just her character :) she's a pretty cool lady. Chae Rim's a pretty good actress (first time seeing her in a drama).

Guest badhairday

I really hope they'll get the recognition due to them at their drama award or something. Usually I get just carried away with a feel-good drama, the actor and actresses, the romance. This drama is all that and more. This time round I really get to see that the story is so well developed. It's hilarious how they injected the parody. :lol: The characters are not cardboard character and there are layers that's weaved into their persona. The fact that we spent plenty of time analysing and discussing shows the richness of the story. Quite a gem if you think about it, how they put it all together. It really cos us to think :huh: , doesn't it? Yet it was without being overly ambitious. They deal with very real and practical issues. Not explosively dramatic but very thought provoking.

I'm glad that CR made a such a great choice in her comeback Kdrama after 2 years away. :wub: I'm enjoying every minute of it. ;)

I also hope that the actors in this drama get the recognition they deserve come award time.... but I know that they would be overlook for other successful drama. The reason is because this drama is played earlier in the year vs. later in the year and the fact that the ratings are not like those of Jumong or MNIKSS.

Guest babymarzy07

i know, echo that. i really think they deserve some recognition. i'd love to have them get best couple too. maybe this isnt the serious type of drama but the topics they are discussing are are really relevant and easy to handle. yes, though provoking. i mean i wish they categories for the dramas so that they can at least get an award for something. very much like the golden globes, there are best actors/actresses for a specific genre. hehehe :)

Guest arielcc

I also hope that the actors in this drama get the recognition they deserve come award time.... but I know that they would be overlook for other successful drama. The reason is because this drama is played earlier in the year vs. later in the year and the fact that the ratings are not like those of Jumong or MNIKSS.

You've got a point.. but still it's a truely good drama. Would oversea export count? I think it'll do well cos CR has her following in China and Taiwan. Awards aside, for me the performance of this drama and it's actors and actresses has been established. Love the story, so love CR & LMK! :wub: So DJS fighting!!! CR fighting!! :P Hope they do get the recognition due! :D

EPISODE 19 PREVIEW SUMMARY

19회 :: 남자로 산다는건... 그런거지

드디어 태봉에게 조심스럽게 사랑을 고백하는 오달자, 그의 꿈을 위해 결혼자금으로 모아두었던 돈까지 풀어 아낌없이 지원해준다. 그런 달자가 마음이 아파 태봉은 책임감을 느끼고 결국 로펌에 돌아가기로 결심하는데…!

한편, 위선주의 곁에 웬 낯선 신사가 나타나고 세도는 바짝 긴장한다.

mms://vodt.kbs.co.kr/event/2tv/dra_dalja/prev19_m.asf

translation, courtesy to purpletiger86:

Episode 19: Living as a man..that's the way it is

Finally Dal Jah confesses her love to Tae Bong slowly. To make his dream come true (running a bento restaurant), she tells him that she'll support/aid him with the money she saved up for marriage fund. Seeing Dal Jah like that makes Tae Bong feel a sense of responsibility, so he decides to go back to the law firm...! Meanwhile, an unfamiliar gentleman appears in front of Sun Joo which makes Sae Do feel tense.

Guest babymarzy07

Episode 19: Living as a man..that's the way it is

Finally Dal Jah confesses her love to Tae Bong slowly. To make his dream come true (running a bento restaurant), she tells him that she'll support/aid him with the money she saved up for marriage fund. Seeing Dal Jah like that makes Tae Bong feel a sense of responsibility, so he decides to go back to the law firm...! Meanwhile, an unfamiliar gentleman appears in front of Sun Joo which makes Sae Do feel tense.

Uh-oh.. my not so sure if the going back to the law firm is a good thing.. Im not too happy about that.. But it was TB's own decision? Hmmm.. So the memory thing isnt played out.. :phew:.. Also, the new guy is interesting what role will he play. Im thinking that he is the ex-husband of SJ.. big chance of that.. that's why i think SD will get jealous bad.. any thoughts on this? im really curious whats gonna happen..

Guest makemyday

NOOOOOOOOOOO.

hahah why go back to the law firm?!

thats like shoving him into his ex-girlfriend.

aw i'm sad. hahha

but i also do trust taebong.

he's been really good to dalja so far haha

and has given her no reason to assume that he would even accidently be a two women kind of guy.

i AM glad that they didnt have taebong lose his memory though.

man. we can always count on these producers :)

Archived