[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

Guest javabeans

translation, courtesy to purpletiger86:

Episode 19: Living as a man..that's the way it is

Finally Dal Jah confesses her love to Tae Bong slowly. To make his dream come true (running a bento restaurant), she tells him that she'll support/aid him with the money she saved up for marriage fund. Seeing Dal Jah like that makes Tae Bong feel a sense of responsibility, so he decides to go back to the law firm...! Meanwhile, an unfamiliar gentleman appears in front of Sun Joo which makes Sae Do feel tense.

Ooh, I like this! How very "Gift of the Magi."

Of course, we know things won't end like this, but it's the mutual sacrifice that's moving. (Gift of the Magi is the story about a poor but in-love couple who want to buy something precious for their spouse, but they have no money. So the husband sells his only thing of value, a watch he treasures, to buy combs for his wife with the beautiful hair. And the wife sells her hair to buy her husband a beautiful watch chain.)

I can enjoy the gesture because I have faith it's only temporary. :D

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest babymarzy07

Ooh, I like this! How very "Gift of the Magi."

Of course, we know things won't end like this, but it's the mutual sacrifice that's moving. (Gift of the Magi is the story about a poor but in-love couple who want to buy something precious for their spouse, but they have no money. So the husband sells his only thing of value, a watch he treasures, to buy combs for his wife with the beautiful hair. And the wife sells her hair to buy her husband a beautiful watch chain.)

I can enjoy the gesture because I have faith it's only temporary. :D

oooohh, i liked that story javabeans. it had me all mushy and teary at the end... :) i love the sentiment behind it, the gift of sacrifice and understanding.. im going to have faith in TB, just hoping things will fall into place soon. :)

Guest wls2948

I am so glad they will not be really going into the amnesia story line...that's what I like about this drama, so unlike the typical K-drama...hooray to the writer....

4 more episodes to go...i sure will miss this couple....hope it will a HAPPY ENDING for them....

Guest sparkzy

I'm almost all caught up on this drama! i started thursday night and have been avidly watching since..

This drama is SOOOOO good! i enjoy how it's subtle, and i especially enjoy dalja's narrative- she's always saying such insightful things! reminds me of carrie's narrative in sex and the city!

Lee Min Ki's character is so perfect... i want someone like taebong in my life!!!

the story of sungjoo and sd is also very enjoyable to watch. I thought their story would be very secondary, and it's pleasant to see that dalja's story isn't always front and center! Lee Hyun Woo's character is also great! i love the scenes where he's so confuzzled after reading the comics... so cute!! his ex wife is legit crazy and i don't know what's wrong with her... i can't even read into where she's coming from.. she's like so far left field~

Also, i love watching this drama, because the character is older than I'm used to...

i dunno, i could go on and on about the wonders of this drama... but i'll stop here because I have papers to write :)

Guest amane~matsuo

Uh-oh.. my not so sure if the going back to the law firm is a good thing.. Im not too happy about that.. But it was TB's own decision? Hmmm.. So the memory thing isnt played out.. :phew:.. Also, the new guy is interesting what role will he play. Im thinking that he is the ex-husband of SJ.. big chance of that.. that's why i think SD will get jealous bad.. any thoughts on this? im really curious whats gonna happen..

Sj`s ex hubby? Now, that's interesting, I wonder how his role will be played out, and yes I feel that SD will get really jealous, most especially coz SJ really did loved her ex...

does anyone remember that episode where SJ called someone after she saw that there were many notice on her house? She said in the voicemail like, "Wherever you are, I know youre suffering too, like I do.." something like that. Is it possible that it was her ex she was calling?? Gosh.. I cant wait.. ^^

and TB went back to the law firm, maybe like the man he is, doesnt want to be a burden for awoman, especially to Dal Ja...

Guest ovette

ID HAVE A POST DALJA SPRING SYNDROME too! IM SURE OF IT...and im expecting it! 4 more episodes! time really runs fast.. im gonna miss this soooo much! it's good kbsworld still runs it, so i wont miss it that much lol.

i was worried about the daesangs too! coz this drama is shown early this year, and the recognition are usually given to the dramas at the latter part of the year, since it is what is remembered... but this drama IS SOOOO good it SHOULD be remembered. i really hope they get the best actress, best couple, popular awards and drama of the year award if there is any..!

THANKS FOR EP19 PREVIEW!! AWW.... cant wait soo much! the ex is really getting on my nerves! she left TB for another guy, cant she realize she cant take him back anymore? arg! and DalJa... the first time she cries for LOVE.. now im feeling sad for her. but i also feel sad for TaeBong since the preview article says that he's going to sacrifice his dream and continue being a lawyer.. SunJoo's ex also appears! i have a feeling SJ gets suddenly confused since she loved her ex dearly and there was a time like amane~matsuo said when SJ called up her ex and asked her to return her calls. it kinda shows she still cares. but i still root for SD and SJ!

a while ago, when i was having my general psychology class, my professor was teaching us about usual adolescent behaviors.

one common behavior is the imaginary audience where a person feels someone is looking at her. i immediately though of DalJa. as we know, DalJa cares so much about what other people think, she often imagines that people are looking at her and talking about her. even when going out of the motel, she was so afraid that someone would recognize her.

another behavior is the personal fable where a person thinks she is the only one who has that kind of story. then i again though of DalJa. remember the time when she was reporting how 'DalJa' is in a love triangle and two guys are fighting over her? a lot of her imaginations prove that she thinks so much as to why all these are happening to her.

im just so psyched that i was able to connect my genpsych class to this drama. my professor said that some 30/40 years old still have these kinds of behavior, and i thought that's exactly DalJa! it just proves how 'childish' or 'adolescently' for that matter DalJa still thinks about things. she such a cute ajumma. :)

Guest amane~matsuo

THANKS FOR EP19 PREVIEW!! AWW.... cant wait soo much! the ex is really getting on my nerves! she left TB for another guy, cant she realize she cant take him back anymore? arg! and DalJa... the first time she cries for LOVE.. now im feeling sad for her. but i also feel sad for TaeBong since the preview article says that he's going to sacrifice his dream and continue being a lawyer.. SunJoo's ex also appears! i have a feeling SJ gets suddenly confused since she loved her ex dearly. but i still root for SD and SJ!

It`s the return of the ex`es~~ OMO~! yes.. I`m also thinking that SJ will get confused..! boy,, but SD & SJ ofor me too, totally ^^

im just so psyched that i was able to connect my genpsych class to this drama. my professor said that some 30/40 years old still have these kinds of behavior, and i thought that's exactly DalJa! it just proves how 'childish' or 'adolescendly' for that matter DalJa still thinks about things. she such a cute ajumma. :)

Aww, she`s really a cute ajumma, I was surprised too at first about her crayzee sometimes wild imaginations and thought, she's in her thirties right? so I thought people in thier thirties are that mature and serious already, but then I guess the show just implies that being young in mind and at heart is very important too, and that no one is too young or too old when it comes to love ^^

Guest ovette

i agree! no one is too old for love... that is why i felt for DalJa when KiJeong said they were too old for those mushy love-dovey.

the first time where i really saw DalJa's childish behavior was in episode4 when she though they had a threesome.. and she was shouting at the top of her lungs and jumping like mad.. it was soooo hilarious, still cracks me up whenever i remember it.

sometimes at class, i get so bored, i just remember scenes from this drama and it makes me smile. i think this is what obsession really means. i even scribble 달자♥태봉 on my notepad.. oh this is crazy! lol :)

oh yah before i forget...

preview 19 in youtube

Guest amane~matsuo

^

yes, I agree ! Thats why Ki Jeong doesnt deserve Dal Ja, she really deserved Tae Bong, just someone who would make her heart beat so fast, make her smile and make her feel loved, and oh yeah, cuddled too ^^

No one is too old for love really~ love is forever ^^ and DJ can be so cutely immature and childish but thats what makes her so adorable, I remember that episode too, soo funny! cant wait too for the dvd of this to come out, am sure I will watch it again and again and agin heehee. thanks for the preview btw [:

Guest amane~matsuo

I did some research and found out that the gentleman who appeared in the scene of SJ & SD was Noh Hyeon Joo~ Noh Joo-Hyeon ^^

posterphoto11575bo5.jpg

can he really be the ex of Seon Ju? I mean he's a harabeoji already..!

pardon me ^^ but I really think its that way [: ive known him as commissar roh coz he always a guest at the KBS show Vitamin heehee.

Guest ovette

wow it's theyre workplace!

the design is so sophisticated :)

yes he's permanent i think in vitamin.. and also the show before heroine 6 with taejinah :)

i didnt notice was the guy approaching SunJoo him? i thought i saw a different face. if it's him is it possible, her dad. or still her ex-husband? anyway the rumors about her marrying for money, was it because her ex was as old as he?

Guest shred

new fan here ... i needed a funny drama to defrost my snow queen hangover.

i immediately fell in love with dal ja.

she’s not as abrasive as samsoon or sang shil but dal ja is equally funny … because she's kinda naive :lol:

Guest amane~matsuo

i didnt notice was the guy approaching SunJoo him? i thought i saw a different face. if it's him is it possible, her dad. or still her ex-husband? anyway the rumors about her marrying for money, was it because her ex was as old as he?

oopsy, he`s a permanent in Vitamin, my bad ^^ he was in Infamous chil princesess too. Well, I watched the ep19 preview 10x and im sure its him, well correct me if im wrong -_-

am thinking it was her dad too, coz I also saw the Entertainment relay interview of Chae Rim & Min Ki and Hye Young & Hyung Jin was also interviewed briefly and there was a scene where Se Do, Seon Ju and the mysterious new man is at dinner talking, all of them.. hmmm. I really cant wait for ep 19 so that all this questions will be answered..!!! oh boy :D

Guest cutiepie
Guest ripgal

Thankz a lot ppl for the updates, pics and of course the wonderful analyses you all have contributed. I love reading in depth comments and insights, and all of you have your points. Can't agree any better :D

Have only seen till ep 17..I loved all the sweet mushy moments between TB and DJ. In fact, I dun even feel the age gap thingy coming in between them anymore. They're just perfect together :wub:

Guest mzsmiley

yayyyy I'm so excited.. only 2 more days til we all can see our TB & DL couple again.. sighssss I can't believe this drama will be ending in 2 weeks.. huhuhuh I just can't bear parting w/ this lovely pair :tears::tears::tears:

Guest 3dfan

My favorite lines in eps 12 when TB asked DJ when she got home after visiting HJ secretly at the hospital: "why you has a "hospital smell"?, and she pretended like "hospital smell? Hmm I don't know... strange.."

and TB said" you're so cute... I can't stand it" and then he hugged her so tight. Oh I really love it when TB said that to DJ :tongue2: And that like one step closer in their feeling for each other...

Somehow watching DJ reminded me of MNIKSS and What Up Fox. Three different women with very interesting characters.

But DJ has a more realistic focus on the life style of a working woman at her middle age. I love this fresh angle. Chaerim's acting is very real. I love her charm.

Guest chuthanhhuong

i dont like the eye makeup of chae rim in the series, its too dark.

she's 33 years old.so she must be pro,

Cos thru the course of the drama, he was the one initiating, first loving Dal Ja, being there for her according to her own terms until he found out that she likes him too. Then he pursued her openly. I think if he was not so assertive, the relationship would never have developed; knowing that DJ would've immediately shun away due to the age issue. But clever guy, by the time she found out it was too late!! :P Yes, like what you say, where there was competition for Dal Ja he was bold to take it on. He may be without a penny to his name but certainly a man of self confidence and that I like! :wub: It reminded of his convo with DJ when he mentioned that from e day he moved in w DJ he began to live for his dreams. Seemed like leaving home, leaving the shadow of unhappiness in his parents marriage and leaving the clutch of his mum's expectation has really liberated him.

You're right. If TB has not been so assertive, he and DJ would never have gotten started. DJ would have just sit around and brood over "what-might-have-been". I like the way TB just imposed himself on DJ.. like he just packed up his bags and forced his way into DJ's apartment.. I thot that was cute. :P

Archived