[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

Guest cutiepie

without watching ep 17 & 18 yet....(cuz the gigasize link died twice on me after 3-4 hrs each time!!!! *sob sob*)

the dead fish scene reminded me of Dal-Ja's early days at her job when she was helping to prepare props for the broadcast and all the dead fish fell on her?!?!

ah guess it is back to ss, did like gigasize showing the expiry date, haha, o well

ep17 chinese subbed

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6vluaq

back to post ep18 in 7-8 hours

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest antinh85

wow the last pictures looks scary... now that his ex gf is back... i think CR may or will have the tendency or likely in most korean series give up her love for the other party.. seem that his ex didnt leave on bad premises and just a misunderstanding.... wow.. the tension grows as we waits for next week...lolz..

Guest nkacriz

wow the last pictures looks scary... now that his ex gf is back... i think CR may or will have the tendency or likely in most korean series give up her love for the other party.. seem that his ex didnt leave on bad premises and just a misunderstanding.... wow.. the tension grows as we waits for next week...lolz..

I don't think it was a misunderstanding. If a girl really likes a guy, I don't think they should play around with his heart.

I hope dalja doesn't just let him go, but considering how korean dramas are, i think she'll sort of let it be, especially if he does have amnesia. But somehow in the end, he'll come back to her. Now how? is the interesting part.

Guest simply_dream

ah guess it is back to ss, did like gigasize showing the expiry date, haha, o well

ep17 chinese subbed

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6vluaq

back to post ep18 in 7-8 hours

YAY!!! i love u! thanks!!!

thanks javabeans for the summary... =D

but yea i hope taeboong dont get a memory loss, it'll be following the typical krn drama line, which this drama defy in some ways XD but something surprising better happen! and no pretending to get memory loss from taeboong please! im like so sick of that XD

Guest mzsmiley

Goodnest.. why is everybody jumping into conclusion that will lead to yet another memory lost plot? The writers of this series has been so brilliant and witty throughout, so I definitely don't think they will choose something as boring as the famous "memory lost" plot towards the end of the series. Definitely NOT.

Guest fbi888

i agree. memory lost is so cliche. i think Dal Ja will let him go and they will be seperated for some time in order for both to realize how much they miss and need each other (i.e. love). also, i don't think TB has deeper feeling than DJ has for him. DJ sort of knows that the feeling she has for TB is love but the story hasn't touch much as to how TB loves DJ emotionally - not just action. i would like to see the series goes deeper into TB's past and emotional states in relationship and life. as to how and why... i'll leave it up to the writer(s) that make this series so endearing.

Guest monoceros

Goodnest.. why is everybody jumping into conclusion that will lead to yet another memory lost plot? The writers of this series has been so brilliant and witty throughout, so I definitely don't think they will choose something as boring as the famous "memory lost" plot towards the end of the series. Definitely NOT.

agreed. memroy loss has been getting so boring, the thing to do,. its hardly even like a twist anymore. its more like.. a thing that always happens after an accident. at first it was fresh, not its getting really repetitive. if there's one thing i know about the scriptwriters for dal ja, its that they are not cliche.

Guest *sayuri*

+The ending for episode 18 was so sad......poor TB.....hopefully he will be ok and he wouldn't loose his memory like a lot of us predicted..... I really want DJS to have a happy ending since it not a melodrama...... The plot and story lines of DJS has been really good so far..... I don't want it to change to something dramatic and sad. Also, only 4 more episodes to go before the drama end and there are so many problems develops waiting for DJ and TB to pass through..... Making TB loose his memory will definetly make things more complicate.

Anyways, below is episode 18 for those who still waiting for it.....:P

Episode 18: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VEDUECNL

Guest l0v3kdr4m4z

I just don't get y can't TB say he love DJ ??? if i was DJ, i would be mad at him !! i mean...they did it together >.<............AND i definitely sure there won't be a "memory loss" in this dramaz!!! that will totally ruined the whole story!! i think in ep 19....the hospital gonna call DJ n teo her TB is in the hospital!! then DJ, wo is having dinner with Su Jin, will teo Su Jin the news. Then they both rush to the hospital....but DJ stayed outside, so TB n Su Jin can be alone!!! So TB gonna think she doesnt care about him....then yah....more misunderstandings, then BAM!!! episode 21....they r bak together, Su Jin gave up !! then they gonna persuade the parents so they can get married!! they gonna get married in ep 22!! HAPPY ENDING!!

And like he keeps saying in ep 18 that y can't DJ understand him?? weo..y doesnt he consider things from her point of view!! i mean..wat ur gonna do if ur bf is working his butt off coz he wants to be with u ! he can be spending his time doing wat he wants....but he wants to be with u more than anything else!! so he gave up his dream!!! n hes working super hard!! u can't just ignore it!! Even if he doesnt wanna accept the money!! he should said it to her nicely!! not like blaming her for not being understanding to him !!

Guest cartoonangel

I just don't get y can't TB say he love DJ ??? if i was DJ, i would be mad at him !! i mean...they did it together >.<............AND i definitely sure there won't be a "memory loss" in this dramaz!!! that will totally ruined the whole story!! i think in ep 19....the hospital gonna call DJ n teo her TB is in the hospital!! then DJ, wo is having dinner with Su Jin, will teo Su Jin the news. Then they both rush to the hospital....but DJ stayed outside, so TB n Su Jin can be alone!!! So TB gonna think she doesnt care about him....then yah....more misunderstandings, then BAM!!! episode 21....they r bak together, Su Jin gave up !! then they gonna persuade the parents so they can get married!! they gonna get married in ep 22!! HAPPY ENDING!!

And like he keeps saying in ep 18 that y can't DJ understand him?? weo..y doesnt he consider things from her point of view!! i mean..wat ur gonna do if ur bf is working his butt off coz he wants to be with u ! he can be spending his time doing wat he wants....but he wants to be with u more than anything else!! so he gave up his dream!!! n hes working super hard!! u can't just ignore it!! Even if he doesnt wanna accept the money!! he should said it to her nicely!! not like blaming her for not being understanding to him !!

I can understand what you are trying to say, that TB may look a bit too selfish in ep. 18. However, I think the thing with them is that both of them are trying so hard to be with each other, because so many obstacles lay in their way. And although they are thinking FOR each other, like DJ offering TB money, and TB trying his best to work, both are doing it in their own ways. They both think their own way is better and thats where the conflict of interest lies. They both have good intentions for each other, because they both really do care. But I think that both are stubborn in trying to prove their love for each other, like DJ may not understand why TB is working so hard when he could just go back to being a lawyer or even take her money. Or TB does not see the fact that DJ does care about him and she doesn't only want money, but a better life for him overall.

I think both need to find a common ground as to where they want FROM each other and just actually understand maybe their own opinions for one another may not be the solution.

Guest javabeans

I just don't get y can't TB say he love DJ ??? if i was DJ, i would be mad at him !! i mean...they did it together >.<............AND i definitely sure there won't be a "memory loss" in this dramaz!!! that will totally ruined the whole story!!

I actually have the opposite point of view. I don't think it's strange that Tae Bong hasn't told Dal Ja he loves her, because Dal Ja hasn't said it either. They're not at that point in the relationship. And I wouldn't want Tae Bong to say he loves Dal Ja to Su Jin before telling Dal Ja himself first.

I think he kept saying in 18 that Dal Ja doesn't understand him because she DOESN'T. He's been telling her that to him, having his own restaurant/shop is a dream that is equivalent to his commitment to her. She enabled him to have a dream for his own happiness, so when she tells him to go back to the law firm, even after he tells her he doesn't want to, it's like she's rejecting his choice. I could see Dal Ja's point of view in the argument, but I kept wincing at her words because it was like she was telling Tae Bong that he wasn't good enough for her. I don't think she meant it like that, but that's how it seems. I feel like they were both in a difficult situation, but I can't blame either side for reacting the way they did.

And where is everyone getting this whole amnesia thing? It has NOT been established. Everyone seems to just be assuming TB is going to lose his memory. I doubt that's what they'll do, but if they did go there, I could see the writers sneaking in a parody, which I could get behind. Can you imagine a Memento-like spoof? That would be awesome.

I dunno about everyone else, but the ex girlfriend annoys me to no end. I might be jumping and leaping and bouncing to conclusions here cause she has only been on screen for what, 3 episodes? True, we haven't seen a lot of her, but what I see so far is that she's plain cunning, condescending and just insincere. She has practically a permanent smile (a seemingly sweet smile) on her face, but it just gives an opposite effect as to her personality. I don't dislike her cause she may be a threat to Dal Ja or whatever, but I'm just saying that even as a person, she seems like the kind who would stab you in the back. Makes me wondering why Tae Bong would even harbor feelings for her for years (10 was it?) and not get sick of seeing the mask.

Sarah, heaps of thanks for the review. Understood it a lot better. Just a quick question, tho, so Sae Do decided to accept the promotion?

Guest Rainie

Ugh the ex-gf...is just ugh...she's so annoying...how could TB have once loved her?

As for the preview drawing for the next episode, there's a baby in it...Dal Ja might really be pregnant? O.o

TB still can't utter those 3 words to Dal Ja...:(

TB's accident looks pretty serious...now Dal Ja is gonna panic. My guess is that she might see him doing well with Soo Jin, and then break it off with him so he could return back to his old and better lifestyle, but TB isn't gonna let her do that...because to me, she doesn't really realize what TB wants. Her doubts are pulling their relationship apart.

Guest antinh85

yea, I almost mistook the ex for Kim Tae Hee..almost ^^; Guess Dal Ja has tough competition. But I think Tae Bong isn't the type to go back.

hehe i had the same thought!.. i think she's quite pretty... i went to look for a pic of hers before episode 17 air.. and it was not a good picture... but when i watch it she's quite pretty... she'll prob be then next leading lady soon.. seems like most korean series.. most of hte pretty actresses plays minor roles first then they get notice and they get famous... just like Lee da hae.. no ones likes her in "sweet 18" now she's the hottest thing..

i know u guys dislike her because she's prob gonna take Tae bong away but i don't her role is bad.. atleast she has not done anything evil to Dal ja yet... i wish they would extend the series.. make her evil so the series would be longer..hahha it's ending so soon..i'm so sad...

Guest babymarzy07

First, Go Soon Ae tells Dal Ja that people can't have everything. When they get greedy and try to hold onto a second thing while they're already holding onto a first thing, they risk losing both. So what I get from that (which isn't what Soon Ae says but how I interpret the scene) is, love isn't just a feeling, it's also a choice and a sacrifice. Love isn't ONLY what you hold in your hand, it's also what you choose NOT to hold in your other hand. If you have something and you want more, it's not a strong enough love... It's when you realize there are other things out there but prefer what you already have that you're happy.

Second, when Seon Joo turns down Sae Do's proposal, she says that when people are in a tough situation, something's got to give. It's not that she doesn't love Sae Do, but in their situation, one side has to "yang-bo," which means to give in, or relinquish. Her life is too important to her to give in to marriage, and his life is too important to give in to responsibility. I think both sides would prefer to stay together, of course, but when put in a difficult position, they have to make a choice.

So, the way I see it, the title refers to sacrifice... And I think the writer's done a masterful job because not only is there the outward sacrifice that we all see, but there's a second layer under that. I think (this is only my prediction) that Seon Joo is sacrificing her own happiness for Sae Do's career. Perhaps that's a bit sappy for her, but I think she's been so burned by love that her biggest fear now is being a burden to a man who doesn't love her. So she's giving up first, to avoid being rejected later. I also predict Dal Ja will return the money to TB's mother and give up her wedding fund for Tae Bong, furthering the 'sacrifice' issue, which could pave the way for a nice moment when Tae Bong tells her they don't need a wedding to be happy together. Therefore, she sacrificed a wedding but gained love. Er, hopefully it'll be done less cheesy than that. LOL.

javabeans, i like how you elaborated on this. i have to say that what you said is true, ad i can see the value in those information. and that right now i just hope the writer can think up a better ending. this makes me wish it will extend for 1 ep to wrap things up. i just get this feeling that things are going to be left hanging in a way. but i still wish for a more solid ending that will resolve all conflicts. i also think this episode title can be connected to TB's mom and dad in a way the way that he came back home and talking to the grandpa one on one. i think TB's dad realized that he should let go of the past (ie his mistakes) and maybe just treasure that family he has now and try to work things out so that he doesn't loose everything at the same time.

I actually have the opposite point of view. I don't think it's strange that Tae Bong hasn't told Dal Ja he loves her, because Dal Ja hasn't said it either. They're not at that point in the relationship. And I wouldn't want Tae Bong to say he loves Dal Ja to Su Jin before telling Dal Ja himself first.

I think he kept saying in 18 that Dal Ja doesn't understand him because she DOESN'T. He's been telling her that to him, having his own restaurant/shop is a dream that is equivalent to his commitment to her. She enabled him to have a dream for his own happiness, so when she tells him to go back to the law firm, even after he tells her he doesn't want to, it's like she's rejecting his choice. I could see Dal Ja's point of view in the argument, but I kept wincing at her words because it was like she was telling Tae Bong that he wasn't good enough for her. I don't think she meant it like that, but that's how it seems. I feel like they were both in a difficult situation, but I can't blame either side for reacting the way they did.

And where is everyone getting this whole amnesia thing? It has NOT been established. Everyone seems to just be assuming TB is going to lose his memory. I doubt that's what they'll do, but if they did go there, I could see the writers sneaking in a parody, which I could get behind. Can you imagine a Memento-like spoof? That would be awesome.

Hmmm.. this is an interesting POV to talk about. Actually, it seems to make sense that he wouldnt yet. Still from all the conflict that has been going on they havent all sorted it out yet. I think both DJ and TB feel something all lot like love but still cant actualize that into words or proper emotions. Going back to the scenes that DJ and TB were talking why they liked each other when they couldn't exactly say why, i think that right there you could see how they were feeling about each other. Usually at that stage they say one still needs affirmation of why and such, but I think as it progresses it doesnt need much verbally reasoning. It's there, just needs a little push i think. Their arguement actually presents a good valid thought really, I can understand Dj's point and TB's feelings as well. Being the fact that i think i understand more how TB might feel about that, maybe something about pride? It would be hard to resolve that kind of situation maybe since there is that age gap the mindsets of both on the issue are really different as to what they believe and what they think is right.

HHaahaha I can imagine the Memento spoof, i think there are lots of dramas who played out the amnesia thing. Im thinking they might do a hospital scene like Sweet 18? Where in HJH though LDG was dead and was sobbing about her loving him and all that. I wonder though. But actually, i worry about TB getting the amnesia thing since it has been cliche but the writer here seems to good with all connections, storylines, parodies and the like.

Makes me wondering why Tae Bong would even harbor feelings for her for years (10 was it?) and not get sick of seeing the mask.

10 yrs? TB started working at the law firm in 2002 (and it's now 2007). He didn't meet her before then did he? Let's say he dated her in 2002, but they broke up well before 2006 (2006 was when he left the law firm), which means at the most 4 yrs (or maybe even less) since it doesn't seem like he had lingering feelings for her the yr he left the law firm.

And note, TB likely has never said 'I love you' to his ex-GF either! Why else would ex-GF asked him if he 'loved' DJ? I have a feeling one of the ex-GF's interest is trying to figure out what TB must see in DJ, because she can see that what he has w/ DJ is different than what he had with her, therefore the lunch at the restaurant at the end of the episode.

Guest nkacriz

uh 10 yrs? TB only started working at the law firm in 2002 (and it's now 2007). He didn't meet her before then did he? Let's say he dated her in 2002, but they broke up well before 2006 (2006 was when he left the law firm), which means at the most 4 yrs (or maybe even less) since it doesn't seem like he had lingering feelings for her the yr he left the law firm.

And note, TB likely has never said 'I love you' to his ex-GF either! Why else would ex-GF asked him if he 'loved' DJ? I have a feeling one of the ex-GF's interest is trying to figure out what TB must see in DJ, because she can see that what he has w/ DJ is different than what he had with her.

He said that he knew her before they started working at the firm.

He said that he knew her before they started working at the firm.

so would that mean he knew her in high school? Afterall, he went to law school in 2000-2001. 10 years would mean they knew each other when he was 17 yrs of age. And was it ever mentioned how old she is?

Guest babymarzy07

so would that mean he knew her in high school? Afterall, he went to law school in 2000-2001. 10 years would mean they knew each other when he was 17 yrs of age. And was it ever mentioned how old she is?

hhmmm.. i dont remember that her age was mentioned.. i think maybe they were classmates in highschool or childhood friend? it seems like she knows about TB's persona a lot.. the past persona i think.. what she said in the party about him loving only himself? maybe she's still a bit mad or what... argghhh im too curious about ep19.. i wanna see what happens..

edit: anyone know what the song in ep11 that was played when SD was looking at SJ and the UKJ, DJ and TB scene was happening the background song? cant find it on the ost.

Archived