[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

10 yrs? TB started working at the law firm in 2002 (and it's now 2007). He didn't meet her before then did he? Let's say he dated her in 2002, but they broke up well before 2006 (2006 was when he left the law firm), which means at the most 4 yrs (or maybe even less) since it doesn't seem like he had lingering feelings for her the yr he left the law firm.

According to javabeans's translation, TB knew her for 10 years. In my opinion it's probably just a miscalculation on the PD's part. God knows that even tho they're awesome in scriptwriting, they are pretty bad in noticing the little details such as the Dal Ja's door, etc.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest javabeans

Oh, no it's not a mistake. They met in high school, so they've known each other for about 10 years, and also worked together at the law firm. They dated for about three years, before they broke up. Sorry, I left the high school bit out of the translation. Who'd've thought missing such a small line would create such confusion? Lol. :blush: :sweatingbullets:

Oh, no it's not a mistake. They met in high school, so they've known each other for about 10 years, and also worked together at the law firm. They dated for about three years, before they broke up. Sorry, I left the high school bit out of the translation. Who'd've thought missing such a small line would create such confusion? Lol. :blush: :sweatingbullets:

hehe, at least it makes sense w/ the dating part =) Since I just couldn't fathom him dating her for more than 4-5yrs tops. Question though, did TB really have a hard time in getting over his ex-GF or was that his ex-GF's words to DJ to bait DJ?

thanks so much javabeans as usual for the prompt summary/translations!! :) and i really like your analysis of what's going on~

And note, TB likely has never said 'I love you' to his ex-GF either! Why else would ex-GF asked him if he 'loved' DJ? I have a feeling one of the ex-GF's interest is trying to figure out what TB must see in DJ, because she can see that what he has w/ DJ is different than what he had with her, therefore the lunch at the restaurant at the end of the episode.

i agree ... i don't think TB has said the 'I love you word' to his ex-GF either too. i think the ex-GF sense something because i think it mentioned in the summary that TB was looking a little jealously at Dalja who's talking to KJ?? and below is why ...

Su Jin tells Dal Ja why she broke up with Tae Bong: Tae Bong seemed too cold, so she wanted to arouse jealousy by dating someone else. But he never showed any emotion or said anything about it. Frustrated, Su Jin said she wanted to break up in a fit of anger, thinking he'd definitely hang on to her. But instead, he just broke things off, never looking back. She heard later that Tae Bong really did have a hard time over their relationship.

well ... from what i recall ... the TB we see with DJ is certainly vocal/active in expressing himself when DJ was still hovering between him or KJ ... which is something he never was with his ex. and she could sense TB's attention was on DJ who was talking to KJ?

and really ... i don't know why people are so perturbed over whether TB or DJ said 'I love you' to each other or not ... i think word is cheap ... it's of course sweet and romantic when we hear people say that to each other and mean it ... but then there are a lots of other ways of expressing it other than just saying that word. i think the main reason why i'm liking this drama a lot ... it does reflect the awkwardness that does happen in real relationship ... you may feel a strong attraction to this guy/gal and then you start dating/sleeping together ... but is that really love and how do you know it's really love when there's still so much you don't know about each other although you really like the person ... should you feel compelled to say 'i love you' just because it's the thing to do or what every movie tells you is the right thing to do? does it mean i don't love that person if i don't say that word? i think whilst there are a lot of people who are expressive with words and saying i love you to all their loved ones ... there are also people who although they don't say the word ... expresses it via other ways ... doesn't mean they love any less. and you have abusive spouses who hit their wife/husband and still tell them i love you and that's why i do it. and doesn't it mean a lot more than the word i love you when your spouse/partner ... comes up behind you & give you a hug or tells you how beautiful/handome you are to him/her or is sensitive or aware enough to know when you're bothered about something and ask to hear about it and the various sweet things he does for you? isn't it much better to be able to feel the love than hear it?

and money is a real issue in a relationship too ... and if you can't agree or be supportive or understanding of respective partners stance in this ... it could cause a dent or end a relationship too.

i like how this drama portray two different sets of couple with different personalities and how they deal with their relationships/job problems and there's also the married woman POV or words of wisdom which they could also learn from~ and there's TB who's seeking to fulfill his dreams although it doesn't seem like a better choice material wise than what he has in his past or what he could achieve with his resume~

lol ... anyway excuse my ranting~

Guest cartoonangel

Just finished episode 18, oh man.. that left me with a very unhappy feeling! But anyways, my two cents on the issue of the ex-gf. I think she's very two faced, not in the bad way, just in the frontier she puts up. I think inside she is a very insecure person, I mean, why else would she pretend to go out with another guy to richard simmons TB off? I think that when TB left her, she was also left with a broken heart although she won't admit it. She convinces herself that TB still misses her, when it is really the other way around. That is why I think she is trying to make DJ feel jealous because she is jealous of DJ herself. She is jealous of how TB is caring for DJ more than TB cares for her. In fact, I honestly think that a part of this isn't even about TB, but a competition between her and DJ because she can't understand what DJ has that she doesn't have.

And about TB and DJ, it is really heart wrenching seeing the two of them fight because both of them are right. I don't think that anyone can say that one side is more right than the other, because they both have valid points. However, I dont think either of them understands each other very well. DJ can't see why TB is doing this while TB can't see that DJ just wants him to settle down. However, I also think the two of them are very selfish in the way they expect to understand? Because even though DJ cares a lot of TB, I dont understand why she keeps on bringing the lawyer thing up. I know that she cares deeply for him, but I think a part of her wants TB to go back to hat world. With TB, I don't understand how he can say that DJ is like everyone else. I mean, he should try and just stand in her shoes for a while, like see the things in her perspective! No matter how much love matters, she is a woman who needs stability in her life. Seeing him like this hurts her, and he should be able to understand that.

I mean, the both of them care so much for each other, but they are asking one another to fulfill an expectation both of them are not going to be able to fill. TB can't be the prestigious lawyer DJ wants, and DJ can't support TB the way he expects her to.

And btw. wheres the preview for epi.19??

so would that mean he knew her in high school? Afterall, he went to law school in 2000-2001. 10 years would mean they knew each other when he was 17 yrs of age. And was it ever mentioned how old she is?

Hmm.. I think he said that they were part of the a same club in high school. And that he's known her for 10 years.

Guest babymarzy07

Just finished episode 18, oh man.. that left me with a very unhappy feeling! But anyways, my two cents on the issue of the ex-gf. I think she's very two faced, not in the bad way, just in the frontier she puts up. I think inside she is a very insecure person, I mean, why else would she pretend to go out with another guy to richard simmons TB off? I think that when TB left her, she was also left with a broken heart although she won't admit it. She convinces herself that TB still misses her, when it is really the other way around. That is why I think she is trying to make DJ feel jealous because she is jealous of DJ herself. She is jealous of how TB is caring for DJ more than TB cares for her. In fact, I honestly think that a part of this isn't even about TB, but a competition between her and DJ because she can't understand what DJ has that she doesn't have.

I mean, the both of them care so much for each other, but they are asking one another to fulfill an expectation both of them are not going to be able to fill. TB can't be the prestigious lawyer DJ wants, and DJ can't support TB the way he expects her to.And btw. wheres the preview for epi.19??

I like the way you put this into thought. The description of the ex seems about right. In the same scenario, id feel the same. Actually, im beginning to think that the Earnest things being talked about is going toward setting aside or letting go of ones expectations for another? what do you guys think?

Guest amane~matsuo

actually DalJa felt a bit insulted by what KiJeong told her, that at their age, they dont have the right for love. that's why she challenged TaeBong to show her what he got. in turn, TaeBong alsp felt insulted and kissed her just to shut her up. the part where DalJa said 'you jerk, i miss you!' was really the best part... i also loved the part where DJ and TB were holding hands, while listening to the doctor :)

Oh yes, She really felt insulted~ but I think she wanted to feel some affection there.. LOL. And when TB gave it to her, she really shut up already. Twas sweet when they were holding hands, but when the doctor said it was just constipation he let go of her hands and was about to burst to laughter...! twas hilarious~~! DJ is sooo embarrassing at the same time cuute, aww ^__^

and about TB not being able to express his love thru words for DJ, well I think, just how Se Do and Dal J is alike when in comes to love too, TB and Seon Ju is also alike in a way.... I think. TB can`t even say those "3 magic words" whilst Seon Ju kept pushing Se Do away when in fact nshe has feelings too for Se Do and it seems she still doesnt want to open up her heart afraid she might get hurt again.. she evn turned down his proposal~ is she afraid to be in a marriage again coz of her troubled marriage before... in TB`s case, I wonder what's keeping him from saying "Saranghaeyo" to DJ.. hmmm ^___^

Guest babymarzy07

and really ... i don't know why people are so perturbed over whether TB or DJ said 'I love you' to each other or not ... i think word is cheap ... it's of course sweet and romantic when we hear people say that to each other and mean it ... but then there are a lots of other ways of expressing it other than just saying that word. i think the main reason why i'm liking this drama a lot ... it does reflect the awkwardness that does happen in real relationship ... you may feel a strong attraction to this guy/gal and then you start dating/sleeping together ... but is that really love and how do you know it's really love when there's still so much you don't know about each other although you really like the person ... should you feel compelled to say 'i love you' just because it's the thing to do or what every movie tells you is the right thing to do? does it mean i don't love that person if i don't say that word? i think whilst there are a lot of people who are expressive with words and saying i love you to all their loved ones ... there are also people who although they don't say the word ... expresses it via other ways ... doesn't mean they love any less. and you have abusive spouses who hit their wife/husband and still tell them i love you and that's why i do it. and doesn't it mean a lot more than the word i love you when your spouse/partner ... comes up behind you & give you a hug or tells you how beautiful/handome you are to him/her or is sensitive or aware enough to know when you're bothered about something and ask to hear about it and the various sweet things he does for you? isn't it much better to be able to feel the love than hear it?

and about TB not being able to express his love thru words for DJ, well I think, just how Se Do and Dal J is alike when in comes to love too, TB and Seon Ju is also alike in a way.... I think. TB can`t even say those "3 magic words" whilst Seon Ju kept pushing Se Do away when in fact I really think she has feelings too for Se Do and it seems she still doesnt want to open up her heart afraid she might get hurt again.. in TB`s case, I wonder what's keeping him from saying "Saranghaeyo" to DJ.. hmmm ^___^

we could end up discussing all day about TB not being able to express his love thru words.. but i think the above statements have justified them. in exupery comments, i agree with the feel love comment and also the way love is suppossed to be said like the movies and its just expected of you. i mean in time right? all in the due time. amane~matsuo, your right there are love similarities between our 4 characters in the way they express their love and their beliefs... i think they reflections of each other in a way, and that's the way they learn from each other.

He said that he knew her before they started working at the firm.

hmm...She was his first love. They knew each other for 10 years. They must have dated for a long time? Otherwise if they broke up years ago, why would she still have feelings for him and not chase after him for so long?

Guest ovette

can somebody upload dal ja's ringtone on megaupload

cant access sendspace

the megaupload is already available on the first post.. just check it...

and i think the preview for ep19 links were deleted :( i hope someone can repost the link thanks!

so much discussion going on... i loved all your anaylses.. i myself am confused, both DalJa and TaeBong are right in their reasonings. both of them are doing it for love, proving how much care they give to each other, and it aches me MUCH that they have to disagree about this.

episode 18 is really the saddest episode of this drama :(

Guest ovette

xiaomamm, you could put the pics beside each other for comparison.

ep17 and 18 are two parts of the same title/ theme... i think it showed the positive and negative sides of

LOVE :)

and also.... with the panel

k20070301007wa4.jpg

it's the first time that DalJa is not exactly the focus of the drawing. usually DalJa is drawn vividly and also larger than what she is here.

i watched 1 - 12 all in one sitting yesterday =X

why did i decide to watch this drama now?!

anyways although im not much of a fan of chaerim, i LOVE her character =] shes a strong person although still weak. very innocent and cute in her perception of love. shes like a middle schooler who is too shy to show her love for her perfect man (hehe)

but i LOVE leeminki's more. ive always liked him as an actor b/c on talk shows hes so funny. hes so innocent [soonjinhae] that makes he more attractive. i love his character too. its mysterious yet hes not totally hiding. hes not afraid of showing that he loves someone. he can be funny or a no-nonsense guy. his acting skills have improved much over time.

i love the whole irony of the fact that leeminki was really a top-notch lawyer but quit and is resting. chaerim [w/o knowing] had wanted him to be that sort of person for her colleagues minus the resting part lols. when he came in and told the real story, chaerim gets mad thinking hes just adding in the last bits to richard simmons her off. in actuality its who he really is. basically chaerim's perfect man has been minki all along but it just didnt seem like it. i didnt hide this since its in the earliest of episodes and im assuming ppl who actually read my post will have already watched the beginning episodes.

their romance is sweet and innocent yet not-so-innocent at times b/c of chaerim's wild imaginations. lols. the imaginative scene that keeps reappearing is the sexy kiss scene. the one part i remember most is minki's hand clutching onto the ring and shaking like crazy. AHAHAHA my favorite detail hehe

i skimmed the more recent episodes to chaerim and minki moments. or just minki moments hehe. im not patient enough to watch other ppl. it was pretty late when i was waching epis 10-12. hehe like 2:00 am. my eyes were hurting from watching too much. ahahaha.

FAVORITE SCENES:

+ whenever taebong waits for dalja's texts or calls. [b4 they confessed and redid their "contract"] during the first couple epis.

+ his friend at the clothing store and his grandfather looks at him and says LOOK AT ME IN THE EYES. [btw minkis

friend is pretty cute hehe. model-looking]

+ the imagination scene where dalja and taebong are kissing [the taebong arm shaking scene lols]

+ when dalja ate the cake that was meant for the scary team-jang [manager?]

+ when people made the team-jang go to her son's surgery. that was so sweet.

+ when minki is putting medicine on dalja's legs [remember when her grandma hit her for having a man in her house]

+ when minki is contemplating whether he should go into dalja's room or not. and then when he does. hehe

+ umgijoong, whenever he pops out of nowhere and asks dalja out on dates, after he asks his secretary if he was too obvious blah blah. i think thats just too cute.

+ when minki makes the ggangpaes that trashed seonju's house shrivel up in fear of his lawyer knowledge. OMGSH <33 intelligent men can be hot lols.

and there are so many other scenes that i loved. hehe. almost every scene was loveable.

i think this will be one of my favorite dramas since there are very few scenes that are dull and dead boring.

i cant wait to get back home to finish the rest of the epis. [i kinda liked watching the drama in consecutive episodes cuz i wouldnt have to wait for new ones. hehe]

-edit

in the caps above.

i LOVE one cap.

the one where chaerim and minki are asked "what does Spring mean in the title DalJa's Spring?"

Minki answers "because the drama is ending in spring?"

PUAHAHAHAHA <33 his answer is NOT poetic or pretty, its so straightforward

wow. i jsut started this acutally ive only just watched ep 1 and 2 and at first it was just bleh. but then it got realllllly exciting when minki stepped in lol. hes such a cutie toooo<3

now i gotta slowly catch up with all my stupid hwk and tests inbetween =(

Guest ovette

k20070303009na0.jpg

what interview is this?? can someone post the links? im so excited to see it... they look soooo comfortably with each other already! :)

and also ep19 previews? anyone?

Guest qtjena13

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4526/k20070303009na0.jpg

what interview is this?? can someone post the links? im so excited to see it... they look soooo comfortably with each other already! :)

and also ep19 previews? anyone?

i think this interview is from KBS' Entertainment Relay.. i'm not sure though.. yah they seem comfortable with each other now.. i know that this is impossible but i was hoping for a real rather than reel relationship for them.. totally impossible though knowing what's chae rim is going through right now.. but they look so cute together! :rolleyes:

Guest ovette

yah.. im so happy that ChaeRim is also learning to face the camera again without feeling any discomfort or uncertainty. i just hope the media get over with the issue already! it's almost been a year, they should just leave her alone!

Archived