[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

Guest amane~matsuo
If you mean the Classic parody is where DJ imagined TB coming with a big car and telling her that he is a lawyer, then it is Casablanca. The original starred Humphrey Bogart. Only realised when I saw the original clip from one of the making of clips. Didn't watch Lady Vengeance... can anyone help?

Naww, I meant the one where they ran in the rain and all that?? Isn`t it soo much like in the movie The Classic?? ^^ SO I thought the movie was parodied :D

Here's the pic:

photo758dq7.jpg

the lady vengeance parody was from ep7 i think,, pls correct me if i`m wrong it was when she was imagining about ki jeong's ex wife and burying her in the ground,, something like that ^^

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest arielcc

Ok! here's the revised list.

I've not watched Lovers or Lady vengeance, so perhaps someone who has can list it in. I thought that we can list it by

- dividing them into parody and non parody

- listing it in the manner of : name of movie/drama, episode, brief description

As for those scenes that are non-parody scenes (ie the actors didn't switch to the costume of the movie/drama used), I think we shd be a little more critical cos a lot of drama may have similar scenes since this being a love story. The writers may not have intentionally based it on those dramas, just that this story called for similar scenes to play out the love story of DJ & TB. Like running in the rain, perhap? Anyway I've not watched Lovers so no idea... :P Whenever these scenes are used, they are always there to injecting some comedy. and I think usually the reference should be quite obvious.. what do you all think? Also what to call them? Allusion? Gee .. no idea.. :unsure:

I've updated the list:

PARODY

1. Kill Bill - Episode 1 : DJ & SJ's swordplay

2. Superman - Episode 2 : DJ imagining herself flying trying to intercept KJ's namecard that he was putting back into his trousers pocket

3. In mood for love - Episode 2 : DJ & TB's hot kiss :wub:

4. Cinderella - Episode 4 : DJ imagining KJ as her prince

5. Snow white - Episode 4 : DJ imagining KJ a her prince

6. Hwang Jin Yi- Episode 7 : DJ and TB was stranded in the motel by the snow storm and DJ was afraid to fall asleep

7. Casablanca - Episode 10 : DJ imagining TB coming to her in a big car declaring thet he's a lawyer and can provide her with alll that she wants

8. Titanic - Episode 11 : DJ imagining TB & HY together

9. Goong - Episode 16 : DJ pleading with her mum after she found out that TB is staying with DJ (the Oh mamama..)

10. Romeo & Juliet - Episode 17 : DJ and TB's mum imagining that their kids may attempt suicide since they disapprove of the relationship

ALLUSION Not a parody. There was no reenactment but just an allusion using the music and/or using similar scenes from those drama/movies

1. Pretty woman - when DJ brought TB to buy new clothes Episode 2

2. Dae Jang Guem (ops check spelling) - when DJ, SD & TB cooked for SJ Episode 3

3. The bodyguard - when TB got hit by DJ's mum Episode 16

4. Goong - TB & DJ doning the luminous wigs Episode 16

5. Autumn's tale - DJ telling TB they may be related Episode 16

Ovette, do you think the format is ok? :)

Guest arielcc
Naww, I meant the one where they ran in the rain and all that?? Isn`t it soo much like in the movie The Classic?? ^^ SO I thought the movie was parodied :D

:blush: oh.. Ha ha.. :lol: so sorry I misunderstood. For me I think not cos it seemed just like a normal loving scene. But then again I didn't watch The Classics, so you guys decide. What do you all think? :D

Guest makemyday
i have a question, what does kumkum hage and yaan sang sang mean? they were said during the first parts of ep17 :)

hmm i'm not absolutely positive..

i'd have to see it in korean or hear it in the episode (which i have yet to watch)

but the first one seems to be: goong goom hae which is like.. "being curious"

as for the second one, sang sang by itself means to "imagine" but i dont know that has anything to do with it.

hopefully i can help you more once i've watched the episode.

which i am DYING to see.

HQ hurry up and download please :)

Guest l0v3kdr4m4z

can some1 please translate the part wer they r sleeping together???? not the second wer they got caught by 2 mothers.......the one wen they felt asleep after reading the comics!!! thx!!!

Guest babymarzy07

i havent watched the entire ep 17 but it seems good. kbsworld seemed to have the delayed telecast thing too, it aired an hour later. it would seem fromt he panel.. DJ is weighing in to the lawyer TB or the restauranteur TB.. hmmm.. i wonder where that would end.. especially since the preview is showing TB doing something else. I wonder about why TB is doing this. I hope they solve it soon. i havent seen the whole epi yet but the party pics, CR looks hot! so pretty i like her look. for me i find her lots better than the ex-gf in terms of looks. my take on the ending, that maybe a wedding might be too soon but maybe they'd show their relationship leading up to it. i think if they show the chracters settled or happy and then DJ and TB to have grown in their relationhsip to be accepted and all that just ready to take the next step in that. But ya know, im thinking DJ might want it sooner than later since it was her dream. She's not getting younger as well.

Hmm.. my take on the train scene...

That episode was entitled "A Romantic Inquiry Through a Powerful, Fated Encounterance". DJ was thinking that KJ was her man of destiny, came to her rescue twice. Little does she know that in another time another place, TB also did come to her rescue. In the present, he rescued again in the same place, from the same man, in a same scenario. Now that's a "powerful, fated encounter" although DJ doesn't know it. So there was a parallel running in that episode : KJ & TB. Outwardly it was KJ but in the under current was TB.

The way I see it is that both their lives already has an affinity together, their paths crossed at that 1st encounter but then was not the right time. So eight years passed and then their paths cross again. This time it's entwined. I guess the later pic showed it beautifully. Then they were not together but their destiny tied together by that little red string - the red string couple. ;)

i like how you said it... ur good with words. :) that sounds wonderfully romantic to hear :wub:

edit: i think their fate was destined when TB's dad and DJ's mom's relationship failed...

nicely put. i hafta agree there too. a bit of predestined here ^^

Guest lindajasmine

Good day,

I'm new to this thread ...... new to this drama ...... :blush: huh... have so much to catch up ........

Just to add that I noted in episode 17 there's another allusion from Pretty Woman.

It must have been love was being played - at the party...... TB can't believe his eyes ( :crazy: amazed ) that Dalja had transformed herself into the beauty queen :rolleyes: ..... TB just like Edward Lewis (Richard Gere) being swayed by the beautiful Vivian Ward (Julia Robert).

Loves,

Jasmine

Guest ovette

yah, we could also put it under allusion.. but i personally think it's just their share of sweet moments, and not a reenactment of the classics :)

havent watched sympathy of lady vengeance yet, well it's too creepy for me lol so let's see if someone can make the comparison with dalja's spring :)

thanks for the GIFs! one of the moments that made me red, was when they were sleeping together. the way they held each others hands is just SOOOOO sweet! :)

oh ep 17 has sweet tb & dj moments... i really like them doing things like hugging in bed, reading books together,cooking and eating together... sweet! :blush:

and i really wonder how the ktm gargamel speaks so calmly and clearly even after some surprising events lol :lol:

and and.... i was quite amused when dj turned up in the hot red dress and the background played a roxette song lol... it was so funny...

hmmm i don't think tb ex-gf was pretty though she resemble lee da hee in some ways but i think dj looks more compatible with tb... the shocked look on dj when his ex-gf pecked his cheek (priceless) lol :w00t:

its getting interesting... waiting for ep 18 tonite anxiously :phew:

Guest arielcc
^

Ohh, soo maybe it was an allusion ~ hmm watch this MV,, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xich11kJ-NI

there's the "rain scene" very similar to what TB & DJ did :D

so i thot twas a parody ^^

Thanks watched it! Personally I also feel the the similarity of scene in this instance was coincidence than intended. :D

And you are right we are still missing on the "lady Vengeance" parody. Can someone give details? I'm lost on this.. :sweatingbullets:

Oh Yah.. the Pretty Woman allusion at the party! But I just found it so amusing cos there we have TB mesmerized by the elegant, transformed DJ and the song was like going " It must have been love but it's over now... !!!!!" :lol:

i think that's about it too.... will i make a link to this post? or post the entire list on the first page?? others who wants to input more :)

I think any way will do but it's too early to do it now. Cos we still need time to fine tune the list plus we still hav a more few episodes to go. Oh no it coming to an end!!! :tears:

i like how you said it... ur good with words. :) that sounds wonderfully romantic to hear :wub:

I guess we're all a bunch of hopeless romantics that's in love our TB & DJ :wub:

Btw, what is he doing working at the construction site??? He's a highly educated young man and even if he doesn't want to work in a law firm, surely he can get a pretty good paying job, no?

If TB is trying to realize his dream quickly--obtaining enough money for his own restaurant, while still working at DJ's mom's restaurant, wouldn't he need flexible hours, since DJ's mom's restaurant doesn't open till lunch? Most office jobs are morning till evening work and are likely full time as well. Construction, has the flexible hours, but I believe you get paid more often than an office job...and TB needs money ASAP.

In Chil Princesses, for a time, Yeon Hanam worked as construction (albeit for a different reason). In A Second Proposal, Min-seok, Mi-young's ex-husband, also did construction for a time, after he lost his business.

DJ sees how exhausted TB must be, and likely offers him money (the envelope we see in preview?). But for reasons I previously explained, TB will not be accepting it.

One other point in TB not accepting help from family...I've mentioned on several occasions that the money in his family, comes from his mom's side...his Dad was able to continue his education because of his wife/wife's family. See the connection?

Guest ovette

i think it's very conisderate of TaeBong to work for his own money and not rely on DalJa.. although i think based on the preview it would cause disagreement, i hope they make up quick afterwards :)

DJ's mom fired him? What's gonna happen to TB? There was so much blood!...and the illustration at the end of the episode! I see TB and SD on opposite ends, and angel wings?? I couldn't make out what was in the middle.

TB's dad said the words didn't he? =)

Thanks, sayuri for uploading ep 17 on megaupload. What's the issue between SD and SJ and Kang team leader?

The ex-girl friend looks like the actress who played in the Mermaid story. Am I mistaken?

Guest fashionista
DJ's mom fired him? What's gonna happen to TB? There was so much blood!...and the illustration at the end of the episode! I see TB and SD on opposite ends, and angel wings?? I couldn't make out what was in the middle.

DJ's mom gave TB 2 choices. continue to work at the restaurant or continue his relationship with DJ. he chose the latter.

credeisca, do u have any idea why TB was in his ex's car?

DJ's mom gave TB 2 choices. continue to work at the restaurant or continue his relationship with DJ. he chose the latter.

credeisca, do u have any idea why TB was in his ex's car?

I'm not sure what their conversation was about, but...when TB chose to continue his relationship w/ DJ, he came upon the construction site and saw the notice for employment. At the same time he gets a call from the ex-gf. He meets her at a cafe. As to what was their conversation, I'm not sure, but she must have offered him something, which he refused. And later he was driven home by her.

Guest arielcc

yippee!!! i finally manage to watch it live!!! :D:P

Oh dear .. my imagination running wild.. don't tell me TB is going to lose his short term memory & forget about DJ & resume his lawyer persona.. of course the ex-gf would be most willing to take over. And DJ feeling bad for all that TB is going thru would give him up :o . Did the Ex gf tell DJ that TB told her that he only like DJ but not that he love her(ie DJ) :fury:

Archived