[Drama 2023] Day of Kidnapping, 유괴의 날

larus

DRAMA 2023

DAY OF KIDNAPPING

yoo-na-yoon-kye-sang.jpeg

Drama: Day of Kidnapping/ The Day (English title)

Hangul:유괴의 날

Genre: black comedy, mystery

Network:ENA

Episodes: 12

Director: Park Yoo Young (A Model Family, Love Alarm Season 2,  Kingdom Season 1)

Writer: Kim Je Young (Wonderful Nightmare, Insane, Cheese in the Trap)

Release Date: September 13, 20230 October 25, 2023

Runtime: Wednesday, Thursday  at 9 pm KST

Production Company:

OST:

Official site:

Plot

“Day of Kidnapping” is a black comedy about a special collaboration between a sloppy kidnapper and an 11-year-old genius girl. The drama will depict the special partnership between a kidnapper who is somewhat lacking and more weak-hearted than anyone else, and a genius girl, in their stupid, yet entertaining journey to find the truth.

Notes

Based on novel "Yoogweui Nal" by Jung Hae-Yeon (published July 17, 2019 by Sigongsa).

Cast

Yoon Kye Sang as Kim Myung Joon

Jeon Yu Na as Choi Ro Hee

Park Seong-hoon as Park Sang-yoon

Kim Shin-rok as Seo Hye-eun

Oh Seung-jun as Kim Myung Joon (young)

Kim Sang Ho as Park Cheol Won

Seo Jae Hee as Mo Eun Seon 

Kang Young Seok as Jayden

Kim Dong Won as Ho Young

Woo Ji Hyun as Choi Taek Hyun

Kwak Ja-hyung as police officer

Character descriptions

Kim Myung Joon (Yoon Kye Sang) is a first-time kidnapper who kidnaps an 11-year-old girl to raise money for his daughter’s hospital fees. Due to an incident he accidentally gets himself involved in, Kim Myung Joon is suddenly hunted as a murder suspect.

Posters

The_Abduction_Day-p1.jpg

Spoiler

jQ05qw_2f.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

Teaser 1

trailer 2

Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki,  Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 2

Yoon Kye Sang Confirmed To Star As A Kidnapper In New Black Comedy Drama

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 14, 2022
by M. Lim

Yoon Kye Sang will be the lead of an upcoming novel-based drama!

On October 13, Yoon Kye Sang’s agency confirmed the actor will appear in “Day of Kidnapping” (literal translation).

“Day of Kidnapping” is a black comedy about a special collaboration between a sloppy kidnapper and an 11-year-old genius girl. Based on a novel of the same name, the drama will be directed by Park Yoo Young, who was behind “A Model Family,” “Love Alarm Season 2,” and “Kingdom Season 1,” and written by Kim Je Young who has previously worked on “Wonderful Nightmare,” “Insane,” and “Cheese in the Trap“.

Yoon Kye Sang will be playing Kim Myung Joon, a first-time kidnapper who kidnaps an 11-year-old girl to raise money for his daughter’s hospital fees. Due to an incident he accidentally gets himself involved in, Kim Myung Joon is suddenly hunted as a murder suspect. “Day of Kidnapping” will depict the special partnership between a kidnapper who is somewhat lacking and more weak-hearted than anyone else, and a genius girl, in their stupid, yet entertaining journey to find the truth.

On being cast in the drama, Yoon Kye Sang remarked, “I’m happy to be able to greet you with a new work, the plot [of the drama] is interesting, and I’m looking forward to [seeing] how the harmony between Myung Joon, a clumsy kidnapper, and Ro Hee, a genius girl, will be accepted by the viewers.” Lastly, he asked viewers to anticipate the drama as he said, “I’ll do my best, so please kindly wait for me.”

“Day of Kidnapping” is scheduled to air in 2023. Stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1549683wpp/yoon-kye-sang-confirmed-to-star-as-a-kidnapper-in-new-black-comedy-drama

• Like 2

News bites: October 13, 2022

by tccolb

0006390215_001_20221013101101497.jpg

Yoon Kye-sang (Kiss Sixth Sense) will be headlining a new black comedy called Day of Kidnapping (roughly translated), about an unlikely partnership between an inept kidnapper in need of money and an 11-year-old child prodigy. Based on a novel by the same title, the drama is planning for a 2023 broadcast and has PD Park Yoo-young at the helm with scripts by filmmaker Kim Je-young (Cheese in the Trap, the 2018 film). [News1]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/10/news-bites-october-13-2022/

Yoon Kye Sang to star in upcoming black comedy drama 'Day of Kidnapping'1665755850-20221014-yoonkyesang.jpg

Posted by Germaine-Jay
2 hours ago

Yoon Kye Sang is starring in the upcoming black comedy drama 'Day of Kidnapping'.

On October 13, Yoon Kye Sang's label confirmed he'll be starring in the new drama series. Based on the novel of the same name, 'Day of Kidnapping' will follow a first-time kidnapper and an 11-year-old genius. 

Yoon Kye Sang will be playing the role of Kim Myung Joon, a kidnapper who chooses to get money for his daughter's hospital fees by taking an 11-year-old girl. After facing a mix-up, he's suddenly considered a murder suspect. 

The g.o.d member expressed, "I'm happy to be able to greet you in a new work, the plot is interesting, and I'm looking forward to see how viewers will accept the harmony between clumsy kidnapper Myung Joon and genius girl Ro Hee."

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/10/yoon-kye-sang-to-star-in-upcoming-black-comedy-drama-day-of-kidnapping

• Like 2

October 13 2022

Yoon Kye-Sang cast in drama “The Day of The Kidnapping”

The_Day_of_Kidnapping-a00.jpeg

Yoon Kye-Sang is cast in new drama series “The Day of The Kidnapping” (literal title). The drama series is based on 2019 novel “Yoogweui Nal” by Jung Hae-Yeon. The screenplay adaptation is written by Kim Je-Young (“Wonderful Nightmare“) and directed by Park Yoo-Young (“A Model Family“). The drama series will have Yoon Kye-Sang play Kim Myung-Joon. He is a father that desperately needs money to pay for his daughter’s operation. He decides to kidnap a young girl from a rich family to pay for the operation, but things don’t go as planned.

“The Day of The Kidnapping” will be released sometime next year in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Kim Myung-Joon (Yoon Kye-Sang) is a poor man with a warm-heart. He desperately needs money to pay for his sick daughter’s operation. At this time, his ex-wife appears and offers to kidnap 11-year-old Choi Ro-Hee, who has rich parents. Kim Myung-Joon is desperate enough that he accepts her offer. For the kidnapping, Kim Myung-Joon drives near Choi Ro-Hee’s home, but he accidentally hits someone with his car. The person he hit is Choi Ro-Hee. She has lost her memory due to the car accident.

Kim Myung-Joon takes Choi Ro-Hee to his house and he begins to live with her. Choi Ro-Hee believes Kim Myung-Joon is her father. She is an extremely smart girl. Meanwhile, Kim Myung-Joon wants to return Choi Ro-Hee to her parents, but they don’t answer the phone. He decides to go their house and find out why. There, Kim Myung-Joon witnesses her parents’ dead bodies being carried out of their home. Making things worse, Choi Ro-Hee realizes that Kim Myung-Joon is not her father and he is lying about their relation.

• Like 2

by lo_ve, October 13, 2022
8 1

Yoon Kye Sang will be the main lead of the upcoming drama "Day of Kidnapping."

On October 13th, it was officially confirmed that Yoon Kye Sang will play the role of the main character in the drama "Day of Kidnapping." The series will premiere in 2023. 

"Day of Kidnapping" will be the latest work of director Park Yoo Young and writer Kim Je Young. The upcoming series will showcase the special cooperation of a clumsy kidnapper and an 11-year-old genius girl. The series will base its story on a novel of the same name.

Yoon Kye Sang will give life to the character named Kim Myung Joon. He is a first-time kidnapper who captures an 11-year-old girl so that he can pay for her daughter's hospital bills. He will get involved in an unexpected incident and is suddenly chased by a murder suspect.

The actor shared his side as he accepts the drama, "I'm glad to greet everyone with new work. The subject is interesting and I'm looking forward to how a clumsy kidnapper and a genius girl's cooperation will get viewed by the audience. I'll prepare hard for the drama and greet you all."

There are no details yet on who will portray the genius girl that Kim Myung Joon will kidnap.

"Day of Kidnapping" will premiere in 2023. There are no reports yet on which broadcast station it will air. 

rygB7_2f.jpg

This is the second upcoming drama of Yoon Kye Sang since he got married. He is also confirmed to lead the upcoming drama "The Married Couple Is Jobless" with Jung Ryeo Won

The actor started the year with Disney+ original drama "Kiss Sixth Sense" with Seo Ji Hye, Kim Ji Suk, Lee Joo Yeon, Tae In Ho, and Kim Ga Eun

https://mydramalist.com/article/yoon-kye-sang-confirmed-to-lead-day-of-kidnapping

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Who will be a genius girl to work with Yoon Kye-sang? 'Day of Kidnapping' casting heart and soul

NISI20221018_0001109122_web.jpg?rnd=2022

Who will be 'Ro-hee', a genius girl who will work with actor Yoon Kye-sang in 'Day of Kidnapping'?

The drama 'Day of Kidnapping', which is scheduled to air in 2023, is a black comedy about the special collaboration between a clumsy kidnapper and an 11-year-old genius girl. It is based on the novel of the same name by Jung Hae-yeon.

In the drama, Yoon Kye-sang takes on the role of 'Kim Myung-jun', a rookie kidnapper who kidnaps an 11-year-old girl to pay for his daughter's hospital bills. He is entangled in an unexpected incident and is suddenly pursued as a murder suspect. For some reason, he lacks 2% and is a weaker person than anyone else.

The production team said, "'Ro-hee' is a character who is at the center of the story, leading the play with Yoon Kye-sang. It goes beyond the range of emotions that existing child roles can play." "I'm concentrating on finding an actor," he said.

Auditions for the role of 'Rohee' will be held in Seoul and Busan until the end of this month.

https://www.newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20221018_0002052455

• Like 2

@larus Thanks for this drama thread. I like black comedy done good. Hopefully this one will be. 

I'm not a fan of Yoo Kye Sang but for some reason I end up checking or watching dramas he's part of. He's not over powering but he's not lacking either.  Well anyway if I like drama I watch.. doesn't matter who the actors are  as long as writing is good story flows and solid drama.

The child actor who'll play 11 yr old rohee.. Park So Yi or ye not sure 10 irl. I like this pretty child actress.. she's a good one. I also like Heo Jung Eun. But probably will cast someone new.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jongski said:

The child actor who'll play 11 yr old rohee.. Park So Yi or ye not sure 10 irl. I like this pretty child actress.. she's a good one. I also like Heo Jung Eun. But probably will cast someone new.

It is possible to be a new child actress or someone with experience. I am sure the casting for the child actress will be  adequate because it is important to cast well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Casting news

Park Sung-hoon joins 'The Day of the Kidnapping' following 'The Glory'... Acting with Yoon Kye-sang

TBVTNNSTDVBNCAAEWP3HZ2CIZ4.jpg

An entertainment official told Sports Chosun on the 6th, "Park Sung-hoon will join the new drama 'The Day of Kidnapping' (written by Kim Je-young, directed by Park Yoo-young)." 'Kidnapped Day' is a black comedy drama about the world's special cooperation between a clumsy kidnapper and an 11-year-old genius girl. Based on Jeong Hae-yeon's novel of the same name, this work stands out in an exquisite harmony of humanism and mystery.

Park Seong-hoon plays Park Sang-yoon, the detective in charge of the case. A person who gradually approaches the case with cool judgment and analytical skills. It is expected that he will lead the case by tracking down rookie kidnapper Kim Myeong-jun, played by Yoon Kye-sang. In particular, after Yoon Kye-sang kidnaps an 11-year-old girl to pay for his daughter's hospital bills, he becomes entangled in an unexpected incident and is pursued as a murder suspect. Expectations are also focused on Park Sang-yoon's performance in pursuing this case.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/enter_general/2022/12/06/NGYYPZSWKQ7JBEEFCKVL7EQZ2Q/

• Like 2

by lo_ve, December 6, 2022
1 0

Park Sung Hoon is currently in talks to appear in the upcoming K-drama "Day of Kidnapping."

"Day of Kidnapping" will reportedly be led by Yoon Kye Sang. On December 6th, several media outlets shared that Park Sung Hoon will also join the upcoming thriller series. 

Park Sung Hoon's agency BH Entertainment responded to the reports through the media outlet OSEN. According to them, Park Sung Hoon did receive the offer to star in the new k-drama "Day of Kidnapping." They also revealed that the actor is considering the offer positively. 

If Park Sung Hoon confirms his appearance, this will be the third upcoming drama of the actor. Before the year ends, Park Sung Hoon will star in the Netflix original series "The Glory" with Song Hye Kyo, Lee Do Hyun, Im Ji Yeon, Yeom Hye Ran, and Jung Sung Il. He will also make a special appearance in the upcoming series "The Bequeathed." 

Park Sung Hoon last starred in the 2020 drama "Into the Ring." In 2021, he was supposed to lead the series "Joseon Exorcist" but it got canceled after two episodes. He also made a cameo appearance in the series "Dramaworld 2."

BXJKb_2f.jpg

"Day of Kidnapping" will base its story on the novel of the same name. It will be about the partnership between a clumsy kidnapper and an 11-year-old genius girl. 

Yoon Kye Sang will play the role of the clumsy rookie kidnapper. Meanwhile, Park Sung Hoon got the offer to play the role of Park Sang Yoon, the detective in charge of the case who will track the kidnapper. 

The upcoming series will be the next work of director Park Yoo Young ("A Model Family" and "Kingdom") and writer Kim He Young ("Cheese In The Trap").

https://mydramalist.com/article/park-sung-hoon-in-talks-to-join-yoon-kye-sang-in-a-new-thriller-k-drama

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

[Exclusive] Shin-rok Kim, the daughter of a chaebol family, becomes the ex-wife of Kye-sang Yoon… Appearing in ‘The Day of the Kidnapping’

117411582.3.jpg

As a result of Donga.com's coverage, Kim Shin-rok will join the new drama 'The Day of Kidnapping' (directed by Park Yoo-young, written by Kim Je-young). 'Kidnapped Day' is a black comedy about a special collaboration between a clumsy kidnapper and an 11-year-old genius girl. It is based on the novel of the same name by Jeong Hae-yeon, one of the representative writers of the Korean thriller genre. It is a work that stands out in an exquisite harmony of humanism and mystery.

Director Park Yoo-young, who participated in 'Model Family', 'Love Alarm Season 2', and 'Kingdom Season 1', directs, and Kim Je-young, writer of 'Miss Wife', 'Come See Me', and 'Cheese in the Trap' scripts. take charge of each It is also the comeback of actor Yoon Kye-sang. Here, Kim Shin-rok, who has shown a unique presence in each work, will join and perform passionately.

Shin-rok Kim takes on the role of Hye-eun Seo, the ex-wife of rookie kidnapper Kim Myung-jun (played by Kye-sang Yoon) who kidnaps an 11-year-old girl to pay for her daughter's hospital bills. In the play, Seo Hye-eun is an unknown character. The acting ensemble of Kim Shin-rok and Yoon Kye-sang is expected.

Previously, Kim Shin-rok showed off her unusual charm as the character Jin-hwa-yeong, the daughter of Jin Yang-chul (played by Lee Seong-min), a pure sheep family, in the JTBC drama 'The youngest son of a conglomerate family' (directed by Jeong Dae-yoon, Kim Sang-ho, scripted by Kim Tae-hee, and Jang Eun-jae). In the Netflix original series “Hell” (director Yeon Sang-ho, screenplay Yeon Sang-ho, Choi Gyu-seok) and the JTBC drama “The Host” (director Shim Na-yeon, screenplay Kim Su-jin), she made her name known to the public with her bold acting.

And it is expected that he will perform a unique character in 'Kidnapped Day'. It is foreshadowed that she will once again present viewers with an extreme sense of immersion through three-dimensional acting that fits herbody. Meanwhile, 'Kidnapped Day' is in production with the goal of broadcasting this year. The specific organization is undecided.

https://sports.donga.com/ent/article/all/20230112/117411588/2

• Like 3

On 1/20/2023 at 5:02 AM, jongski said:

One of my fav actress Kim Shin Rok! Watch her in Beyond Evil and One ordinary Day Reborn Rich.. haven't watch Hellbound though!

I like Kim Shin Rok too. She has a charisma and talent. I watched her in Beyond Evil, You Are My Spring and One Ordinary Day. I will watch her in Shadow Detective 2 with Lee Sung Min too.

My favorite role of her was the prosecutor in One Ordinary Day .

In Day of Kidnaping, Yoon Kye-sang and the child actress will be in the center of the story but I hope Kim Shin Rok will have an important role too.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
by lo_ve, February 14, 2023
12 3

The upcoming K-drama Day of Kidnapping announces its official cast lineup.

On February 14, it was confirmed that Yoon Kye Sang, Park Sung Hoon, Yuna, Kim Shin Rok, Kim Sang Ho, Seo Jae Hee, and Kang Yeong Seok will complete the story of the upcoming K-drama  Day of Kidnapping.

Day of Kidnapping will revolve around a clumsy kidnapper who will have an unlikely partnership with an 11-year-old genius child. The upcoming K-drama will be based on the novel of the same name by Jung Hae Yeon. The series will showcase both humanism and mystery. 

According to the broadcast channel, Day of Kidnapping will officially begin airing after they have finalized the official cast. 

The upcoming K-drama will be directed by Park Yoo Young (A Model Family and Kingdom) and will be written by Kim Je Young (Cheese In The Trap). 

The production team of the upcoming K-drama shared, "The special combination of a clumsy kidnapper and a genius girl will surely provide unique fun. You can expect great synergy from the confirmed actors that will surely bring out the genre's charm by giving laughter and different kind of emotions in the new K-drama."

Day of Kidnapping is scheduled to premiere in the second half of 2023. The upcoming K-drama will exclusively air on ENA.

wJxZ21_2f.jpg

Yoon Kye Sang will play the role of Kim Myung Joon. He is a clumsy and fragile kidnapper. He will get caught up in an unexpected incident while planning to kidnap her daughter to pay for her hospital bill. He became chased as a murder suspect. 

Park Sung Hoon will portray the role of Park Sang Yoon, the detective in charge of chasing Kim Myung Joon. 

Yuna will give life to the character named Choi Ro Hee, the 11-year-old genius girl who lost her memory. She was selected to portray the character and broke through the 500-1 competition rate.

Kim Shin Rok will portray the role of Seo Hye Eun, the ex-wife of Kim Myung Joon. She decided to work with Kim Myung Joon and advised him to kidnap their daughter. 

Kim Sang Ho will play the role of Park Chul Won, an employee of a security company. Seo Jae Hee on the other hand will play the role of Mo Eun Sun, the neurosurgeon of Choi Ro Hee. Lastly, Kang Yeong Seok will portray the role of Jayden, a fund manager in the series. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/ena-s-upcoming-k-drama-day-of-kidnapping-announces-its-official-cast

• Like 3

Yoon Kye Sang’s Upcoming Drama Confirms Cast Including Park Sung Hoon, Kim Shin Rok, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Feb 14, 2023
by S. Nam

ENA’s upcoming drama “Day of Kidnapping” (literal title) has confirmed its casting lineup!

Based on a novel of the same name, “Day of Kidnapping” is a black comedy about a special collaboration between a sloppy kidnapper and an 11-year-old genius girl.

Yoon Kye Sang was previously confirmed to play the leading role of Kim Myung Joon, a first-time kidnapper who abducts an 11-year-old girl to raise money for his daughter’s hospital fees. Due to an incident he accidentally gets himself involved in, Kim Myung Joon is suddenly hunted as a murder suspect. “Day of Kidnapping” will depict the special partnership between a kidnapper who is somewhat lacking and more softhearted than anyone else and a genius girl in their stupid yet entertaining journey to find the truth.

“The Glory” actor Park Sung Hoon will play the role of detective Park Sang Yoon who is chasing after Kim Myung Joon. Having quick judgement and cold analytical skills, Park Sang Yoon gets caught up with Kim Myung Joon while chasing after an abduction case. However, as he gets closer to the truth, he faces an unexpected secret.

Yoo Na of “Pachinko” will be taking on the role of the genius girl Choi Ro Hee who has lost her memories. She has a cynical and exceptional mind despite her young age, and she will overcome various crises while forming a strange bond with Kim Myung Joon.

Kim Shin Rok will be playing the role of Kim Myung Joon’s ex-wife Seo Hye Eun who suddenly left Kim Myung Joon three years ago. She is the very person who proposes that Kim Myung Joon abducts Choi Ro Hee after returning to his side.

Furthermore, Kim Sang Ho will play security company employee Park Chul Won, Seo Jae Hee will play neurosurgeon Mo Eun Sun, and Kang Young Seok will play fund manager Jayden.

The production team shared, “The special off-the-wall combination between a clumsy kidnapper and a genius girl will deliver a new type of entertainment,” asking viewers to anticipate the laughter and touching feelings as well as the synergy between the actors in the upcoming drama.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1566686wpp/yoon-kye-sangs-upcoming-drama-confirms-cast-including-park-sung-hoon-kim-shin-rok-and-more

• Like 3

by lo_ve, February 15, 2023
6 0

Woo Ji Hyun has picked his first K-drama for the year.

On February 15, it was officially confirmed that Woo Ji Hyun will be joining the upcoming K-drama Day of KidnappingWoo Ji Hyun's agency Snow Company also confirmed the news that the actor will be playing the role of Choi Taek Hyun, a lawyer in the play. 

Aside from  Day of Kidnapping, Woo Ji Hyun will also star in the upcoming movie Her Secret Hobby with Jung Yi Seo and Kim Hye Na.

This will be the first official K-drama project of the actor for the year. Last year, he was part of three different genres of K-dramas such as All of Us Are Dead, Anna, and The Empire.

Woo Ji Hyun made his acting debut in 2016. He is both active in the movie and the drama scenes. The actor has starred in several known works such as Inseparable Bros, Kim Ji Young: Born 1982, Somewhere in Between, Sparrow, Nobody′s Lover, Decibel, SKY Castle, Search: WWW, The King: Eternal Monarch, Mouse, Moebius: The Veil, and more.

4ey6xK_2f.jpg

Day of Kidnapping will tell the story of a clumsy kidnapper who will have an unusual partnership with an 11-year-old genius child. The upcoming K-drama will base its story on the novel of the same name by Jung Hae Yeon.

The upcoming K-drama will be the collaboration work of director Park Yoo Young (A Model Family and Kingdom) and writer Kim Je Young (Cheese In The Trap). 

Woo Ji Hyun will be joining the confirmed cast Yoon Kye Sang, Park Sung Hoon, Yuna, Kim Shin Rok, Kim Sang Ho, Seo Jae Hee, and Kang Yeong Seok.

In the upcoming K-drama, Woo Ji Hyun will play the role of Choi Taek Hyun. He is a lawyer who doesn't reveal his real emotions and he has always a blank expression. 

Day of Kidnapping will premiere in the second half of 2023. It will be part of ENA's long list of upcoming original K-dramas. After the production finalizes the casting, they will officially begin filming. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/woo-ji-hyun-confirmed-to-join-ena-s-day-of-kidnapping

• Like 2

News bites: February 15, 2023

by tccolb

Yoon Kye-sang (Kiss Sixth Sense) has been confirmed for ENA’s Day of Kidnapping (roughly translated), acting alongside Park Sung-hoon (The Glory), Kim Shin-rok (Reborn Rich), and Kim Sang-ho (Bad Prosecutor) among other talents. Slated to air later this year, PD Park Yoo-young (A Model Family) is at the helm with scripts by Kim Je-young (Cheese in the Trap, the 2018 film). [Sports Donga]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/02/news-bites-february-15-2023/

Actor Oh Seung-jun plays young Myeong-jun in "Day of Kidnapping"

news-p.v1.20230216.f295de6facb24745a5e08

On the 16th, the agency announced that actor Oh Seung-joon has confirmed his appearance as young Myeong-jun (younger actor Yoon Kye-sang) in ENA's new original drama "The Day of Kidnapping."

The drama 'Kidnapped Day' is a black comedy about the special cooperation between a clumsy kidnapper and an 11-year-old genius girl. Kim Myeong-jun, who lacks 2% but is humane, became a murder suspect in an unexpected incident. The story of meeting a broken girl in the middle of it will provide fun and emotion to viewers.

Actor Oh Seung-jun, who plays the young Myung-jun, said through Curz9 Entertainment, “It was such an honor to be able to portray Myung-jun’s childhood in the work. I was able to take on a new challenge as a judo player, and I was very happy. I would like to express my sincere gratitude to the director, writer, all staff, and actors who made it possible for me to act like this.”

Oh Seung-jun played a variety of roles, playing the role of a roommate in KBS' 'Taejong Bangwon' and Jaehoon in the web drama 'My Sweet Dear'. Then, he raises questions about what kind of impression he will leave in ‘Day of Kidnapping’.

Based on the novel of the same name by Jeong Hae-yeon, “The Day of Kidnapping” starring Oh Seung-jun is scheduled to air on ENA in the second half of 2023.

https://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=202302162013003&sec_id=540101

• Like 2