[Drama 2022-2023] Vengeance of the Bride - 태풍의 신부 - Mon to Fri 7:50 - 8:30 KST

0ly40

I think SD will end up with JY. Her mum just said in this episode that she wished JY would find someone like him. The 3 generations of Kang women will be on a prison farm. 

I can't take TP seriously, any minute I expected him to break out laughing or saying something odd. Does BR have feelings for him now.

Looks like we will have jealous scenes next.

4 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Tae Poong's hand is way bigger than BR's cheek. :lol:

He is a big guy, his dad comes up to his armpit, errrr his underarm. Like Rain's father the Full House ... :D

• LOL 5

20 hours ago, youngae said:

I think she won’t kill SD. I think when she said that she will crush his heart I think she means the person who has his heart she will crush. I think she will crush the love he has. I think that she will try to do something to BR. Or she crush his heart by having BR be with someone else. Keeping him from stopping the wedding. 
 Have SD cornered where he can’t go to anyone else but her.

yea, you are right -- she wants to claim him by all means and so baram is a more likely target. but it certainly would be an interesting twist if she went after sandeul instead.... 

17 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

She is so toxic! It's alarming to me how toxic and dysfunctional she is. Kudos to SD for keeping his head and resisting her.

there are many clingy second leads in dramas who will not take no for answer but bada seems a real level up. she is even willing to blackmail papa kang to try solidify her position though he squashes that very quickly. she does not seem to have any true affection or love for anyone even among her own family members. so yes, she is going to be doing nasty things to try attain sandeul.....

grandma going on and on about ghosts and having ghost eat you is rather hilarious. everyone is on makjang territory while she is on horror. we just need her to hire ghost hunters next :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

grandma going on and on about ghosts and having ghost eat you is rather hilarious. everyone is on makjang territory while she is on horror.

That is so true! LOL. She is seriously losing it. I feel like she will descend into madness, since she's now seeing ghosts in both Yoon Hee and Ba Ram. Mama Kang is not too far behind her. The fear of God is in them. I wish the fear of God would strike Baek San and Ba Da. They're both too willing to do whatever it takes to cement their hold on power.

Can't wait to see what will happen when those Japanese rowan documents are unearthed!

I had thought TP and Ba Ram would get married by Ep 30, but I don't think that's going to happen. :lol:

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

had thought TP and Ba Ram would get married by Ep 30, but I don't think that's going to happen. :lol:

I think they would because it's not going to be a lovey dovey one but a righteous marriage aimed to right the wrongs of Kang and his ma. So they don't need episodes of see sawing courting. But wait till they are married and realise that they love one another secretly.... there will be a lot of hair pulling.

• Like 4

The episodes leading to Monday's reveal of Jung Moo Yeon/Seo Yoon Hee in front of all the family members of Kang Baek San were tense & exciting; and I am happy at the development so far!

I think JMY is angered/annoyed at the Kang's for breaking up Tae Poong and Jo Yi, which was why she supported Eun Soo Yeon in her quest to find the truth that happened to her parents. So now everybody knows who Seo Yoon Hee is and I am pretty sure JMY will be equally intrigued by this person she is linked to so often and that will begin her own quest of digging into the identity of this person. When will she regain her memory back as I am pretty sure she is SYH!

ESY/KBR must be the most pro-active female lead character in a daily drama I have watched so far! Even more so than the Second Husband's Bong Seon Hwa! The way she carry out every single detail of her quest is just amazing & remarkable. That will mean that Kang Tae Poong (who already know she is Ba Ram) will be equally worried of her incurring the wrath of KBS again as he knows too that it was his dad that ordered MDG to kill BR 20 years ago. How these 2 lead character work together and eventually become married will be an interesting plot line to savour! Her relationship with JMY is equally interesting as she has revealed that SYH is her birth mom to JMY so early in this serial.

Mama Kang (Nam Im Soon) is now hysterical and paranoid ever since she realised that JMY is a SYH look-alike and together with her mother in law, have turned into the most redundant characters in the serial.

Kang Ba Da is a one-dimensional villain, similar to the same role at the Second Husband and other daily dramas that Oh Seung Ah has starred in. Nothing special and I thought for once she is able to threaten KBS with her knowledge of his dad's murder. But the dad skilfully turned the situation around to his advantage instead.

Hong Jo Yi is the most pitiful character over the past week with her "break-up" with KTP. How she deal with this in the future remains one to be seen but I like her!

• Like 7

14 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:
16 hours ago, Lmangla said:

grandma going on and on about ghosts and having ghost eat you is rather hilarious. everyone is on makjang territory while she is on horror.

That is so true! LOL. She is seriously losing it. I feel like she will descend into madness, since she's now seeing ghosts in both Yoon Hee and Ba Ram. Mama Kang is not too far behind her. The fear of God is in them. I wish the fear of God would strike Baek San and Ba Da. They're both too willing to do whatever it takes to cement their hold on power.

found grandma's techniques at exorcism seriously hilarious. first mama kang slaps her and then grandma says "ghost leave" and throws old water from a vase sitting around on her. how exactly is that an effective exorcisim or banishment of ghostly vibes? :joy: grandma needs to go back to shaman lady and get more beatings and find more interesting ways to deal with the ghostly vibes. did she think that because the shaman beat her, so mama kang slapping baram would be effective? hahahahha.... and throwing water on a ghost or ghostly vibe is hardly going to do anything. hahahahha... and that too old water from a vase? grandma needs to go to the library or something and look up ghosts. :lol::lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

12 hours ago, Lmangla said:

found grandma's techniques at exorcism seriously hilarious. first mama kang slaps her and then grandma says "ghost leave" and throws old water from a vase sitting around on her. how exactly is that an effective exorcisim or banishment of ghostly vibes? :joy: grandma needs to go back to shaman lady and get more beatings and find more interesting ways to deal with the ghostly vibes. did she think that because the shaman beat her, so mama kang slapping baram would be effective? hahahahha.... and throwing water on a ghost or ghostly vibe is hardly going to do anything. hahahahha... and that too old water from a vase? grandma needs to go to the library or something and look up ghosts. :lol::lol:

She's using those old Miss Cleo(RIP) methods. If there were ghosts, they probably laughing at her about now!

miss cleo fraud GIF

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

San Deul is doin' to Ba Ram what Ba Da did to 'im.:unamused: Which is to declare a relationship without confirming it with the other person. 

And the look upon Tae Poong's face was one of disappointment.:cold_sweat: It really looks like Yoon Hee has amnesia and is on her way to slowly regain her memories.

• Like 2

I do not think that TP will be the end game for BR. He is the voice of conscience of that family. After all his father has done I do not see her ending up with him. I do fear that he will end up the sacrifice to pay for his fathers crimes. When he finally realizes what his father did to BR's family he will feel even more guilty and ashamed to face her. Now that does not mean that he will not take the chance to be with her by suggesting they marry to take his father down from within, because I think that is a possibility. Also TP has yet to find out that SD's image of his father is very wrong as the man killed his father too. Once they all find that out it will strain the friendships. I do not see BR or SD blaming TP but , TP will feel like he is going crazy when he learns that the two people who he cares about the most had their families destroyed by his father.  I feel like he will end up being the one to die or maybe the cause of the blood that was seen on BR in the first episode. I can't speculate whose blood it really is but someone may die and it could be from BD and her crazy obsession over SD or TP's father finally realizing what they were trying to do. 

Although his grandmother keeps praying and talking about sin she still went along with what her son did to these people. She hid his crimes. His wife as well when learning what he did. The karma for these two women is to have either TP or BD pay for those sins or both. Either way at the end that family will be no more I think.

I do have a question. The young boy who came to BR's house in the beginning was that TP? He was calling out for his father and grandmother and ended up outside the house. Did he see his father perhaps burning that house and forgot that scary memory? Without even realizing it there is a witness to his starting that house fire to conceal his murder.

What I do hope is if TP survives perhaps he goes back to being a brother figure for BR instead of a lover and maybe he can be back with reporter girl. Then again maybe SD will end up with her. I look forward to see how many more twist and turns this writer will give  us as we have the younger generation find out what TP's dad did back then. 

• Like 5

I also think the writers and directors are making this weirder than it needs to be.  Why on Earth would they have Tae Poong back flashing to when he believed his sister was still his blood sister and flash back into the incident that just happened last episode? This firmly makes him look like he was Chester Chester sister incest wannabe molester in the past! That was absolutely the wrong call! They have now presented the argument that he has always been in love with his sister and they expect the audience to think this is okay. I'm not giving them any Grace in this area because that was just bad! It would be one thing if he fell in love with her and didn't know that that was his sister and then found out that she was his sister and she really was not related by blood. They could have even made a half decent argument that he really loves his sister but, he fell in love with this woman before he found out she was his sister and allowed himself to continue to feel because he also found out that they're really not blood related. This is not what they did! They made this man look like a pervert from his youth!

This message they pulled, absolutely not! Entertainment in Korea is no different than the entertainment industry in America where they slowly and incrementally introduce messy concepts to desensitize the public to accept their worldview without major backlash! 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

6 hours ago, Newbie21SG said:

JMY began to have flashbacks of her life as Seo Yoon Hee in today's episode!

We will really see ESY/KBR calling her "Omma Omma" very very soon :

No episode will be shown tomorrow, the next one will be on Friday!

Yes she is starting to remember more.

Thanks for the info @Newbie21SG.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Yes she is starting to remember more.

Thanks for the info @Newbie21SG.

This really weird. 
She gave birth, the old chook took her baby, her house was burnt and she ran away wandering around.

She had a chance to see the star birthmark on BR.

But where did the rattle and lullaby come from? BR was barely a few hours old when they separated. 

They'd better make the baby to be JY. Or rattled and the lullaby are common Korean items.

SD may die here, maybe saving BR. Then the revenge really starts. TP and BR marry to avenge his death. Though I think SD and BR are in danger from the crazy BD more than Kang.

I do find it icky too with the fauxcest theme. It is difficult for the writer to keep track. Having TP recall losing BR a sister to SD and again losing her to him now in the romantic sense is just bad analogy.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

I do have a question. The young boy who came to BR's house in the beginning was that TP? He was calling out for his father and grandmother and ended up outside the house. Did he see his father perhaps burning that house and forgot that scary memory? Without even realizing it there is a witness to his starting that house fire to conceal his murder.

yes, it was young taepoong. he was looking for his grandmother as his mother had gone to hospital and his dad was nowhere to be found. so he did see a fire being set but because he was so young, he didn't really understand the significance of what he saw. however, as he becomes a teenager, it starts to bother him and he has this suspicion that his father did something bad. when baram disappears, he is able to connect the dots and his gut says that it was a murder and he has a mental breakdown. at this point, papa kang and detective put him in hospital to basically keep his mouth shut. so taepoong is not sure if it was an actual memory or something he imagined. however, his heart bothers him so much that he starts to act out by driving too fast and getting into many accidents etc. he knows and he does not know. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, maribella said:

This really weird. 
She gave birth, the old chook took her baby, her house was burnt and she ran away wandering around.

But where did the rattle and lullaby come from? BR was barely a few hours old when they separated. 

They'd better make the baby to be JY. Or rattled and the lullaby are common Korean items.

Yeah a plot hole or a twin maybe I don't know.

• Like 4

On 11/23/2022 at 11:52 PM, maribella said:

This really weird. 

SD may die here, maybe saving BR. Then the revenge really starts. TP and BR marry to avenge his death. Though I think SD and BR are in danger from the crazy BD more than Kang.

I do find it icky too with the fauxcest theme. It is difficult for the writer to keep track. Having TP recall losing BR a sister to SD and again losing her to him now in the romantic sense is just bad analogy.

From what I remember she had the star rattle after she ran away after giving birth to hide/protect the document that TP's dad was looking for. As she was loosing consciousness in that construction site thinking she was dying she held that star rattle taking to her dead husband.  We also never saw scenes of her enjoying her pregnancy by singing to her baby in her stomach so that memory is prolly from that earlier time. 

There is a chunk of time missing after she gave birth and shuffled off to hide that document. We see her passing out due to loss of blood most likely and it seems like perhaps she is dying. What happen to the brown envelope? Where did she hide it? We never get to see who walks up on her after she passes out. Was it TP's father or was it her dead husband or someone else? If it was TP's father did he take her back to the house to burn with her husband but she somehow made it out again? Because the minion said to TP's dad many times that it could not be her now because they saw the body after it was burned. So my guess is either it was not him that found her after she passed out and took her away to hide or someone rescued her before she could burn. 

It's no wonder the woman has amnesia. Her husband was murdered almost in front of her, she was pushed down and hit her head I think when she tried to call the police. The stress and shocked caused her to go into labor  and deliver her baby early perhaps.  Then with no medical aftercare after her delivery she gets up and shuffles up and out after giving birth and giving her baby to someone she did not know she could truly trust anymore (since the woman son is the one who has now ruined her family and harmed them!) to hide all to protect the document that she assumes the murderer was looking for that ended in the death of her husband.   Of course she could have woken up remembering only to be told about the house fire and the shock on top of everything else took her memory away. 

I guess the question is how long will it take for her memory to be fully back and realize then why those people are so shocked to see her and scared? How will she tell her daughter when she does remember what they did? I am sure she will want revenge. We know BR will when she finally hears the full truth of what happen to them on the day she was born. 

As for TP , the writer has set this up that he was liking BR even when she was a kid which is a bit creepy. I would like this to be about his liking her cause she was the only nice one to him in that family really after realizing his memory as a kid was that his father did something bad. But he still asks what in the world did they do to her parents so it does not seem that he realize that was BR's house back then. He prolly won't put it together until he sees a picture of the house or property and the memory jumps out once again. 

Unfortunately I still see his greed for BR getting the best of him and wanting to continue to go after her because of the bad advice of his uncle instead of letting those feelings go. He will be just go underground with it unlike his sister who is intent of making SD be with her no matter what and if she can't have him then she will kill him or anyone else he likes to hurt him.

Even if BD manages to marry him she will never be happy. She will constantly accuse him or BR over and over of meeting and cheating when there is nothing going on. BD will go even nuttier then she already is as her obsession and possessiveness gets the better of her. Especially if she can't get his love like she wants and knows it.  I see her mother in her in that regard she is still jealous over BR's mother who never gave her husband a look, but she is obsessed with jealousy just like her husband is over BR's dad. This family has a lot of obsessed traits born our of jealousy and greed. Its going to hit BD hard when she finds out the full truth of her dad's crimes but that won't stop her she will just try very hard to make sure SD never finds out that her father killed his to hold on tighter to him,  but when they do that it will only make his crimes come out more but she will feel that he should ignore that cause she loves him and just be with her. BD will not care about BR's parents cause in her mind that memorial for that stole her birthday and attention from her family. Also in her mind her father stole that company and killed them so its ok since its theirs now. 

• Like 4