[Drama 2022-2023] The love in your eyes - 내 눈에 콩깍지

0ly40

16 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I certainly didn’t want YY to be stuck with awful in-laws. That means HM in addition to HH. I hope if SJ is indeed sacrificed to HM, they will live in a different house. 

I don’t like EJ being sacrificed to DS either. I guess DS needs someone to take care of him for the rest of his life and that person will be EJ. If we think about, HM’s father and KJ’s father have questionable taste in women anyway. I guess EJ and SJ will end up the same. 

Haha I love the phrase you used, “sacrifice.” Exactly the same word I would use to describe it! ;)

Everyone has said what I wanted to say already but I will say Dr. Kim continues to grow on me. Gotta be honest, his first impression was being the evil HM’s dad while also looking a bit cold and calculating but as his drunk scenes were revealed along with his true thoughts, he became a surprisingly member in one of my favorite characters list. Also today he was like yeah I knew something was off and already kinda knew that HM and KJ without even meeting him was not gonna happen. Man this guy hoards all the common sense in his entire house huh? I have a feeling he’d be supportive of YY and KJ while HM and her mom will be acting like nasty cats to them. Not only that but his text is what cancels this horrid meeting and makes HM even more desperate.

Also I’m confused why the drama wants you to think HM revealing she’s YY’s SIL is supposed to be shocking or bad. Isn’t this what the drama even insists is a good thing early on when even YY says what will KJ think about you (HM) if he realizes that you’ve been treating me like this not just as a jealous competitor but as family. And it seems the preview agrees since HM is seen crying in her bed (the best HM moments tbh) so it seems KJ has reprimanded her like we expected.

And I can’t wait for everyone in the house to see how hypocritical HH was being where she tries to pair KJ with someone who she deems “unworthy” but once this very exact person becomes the love interest of SJ, she suddenly is so against that “perfect  daughter-in-law material” (her words not mine). Can’t wait to see HH mess with HM the way she did with YY. Have a taste of their own medicine lol. Hopefully they’ll scheme against each other and take each other out.

MVP of the day (someone used to do this for other dramas a few years back so shoutout to them!): Dr. Kim in an otherwise slow episode.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, perfectmouse said:

Also I’m confused why the drama wants you to think HM revealing she’s YY’s SIL is supposed to be shocking or bad. Isn’t this what the drama even insists is a good thing early on when even YY says what will KJ think about you (HM) if he realizes that you’ve been treating me like this not just as a jealous competitor but as family.

Not sure why but it seems HM doesn’t care what KJ thinks. No one really knows how she treated YY except for KJ. Her main mission was to embarrass YY being a single mother in front of KJ’s family, so that she will never be accepted to the Jang family. Maybe she thought KJ is a person who will listen and follow his parents arrangement, so securing the family’s approval is her best bet. 

1 hour ago, perfectmouse said:

ait for everyone in the house to see how hypocritical HH was being where she tries to pair KJ with someone who she deems “unworthy” but once this very exact person becomes the love interest of SJ, she suddenly is so against that “perfect  daughter-in-law material” (her words not mine).

I also cannot wait for this, although it means we have to sacrifice SJ (sigh). I want HM to get a taste of being disapproved by HH and let’s see how she’s going to deal with that. Let her experience being looked down by other people. Let her discover that she is only being used by HH. Since they’re going to pair SJ and HM together anyway, we can only hope HM will eventually learn her lesson and get a personality transplant. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

Ahh our pretty cupid Mirinae :D 

KJ scolded and was disgusted by HM again. KJ gave YY books that he bought for Mirinae. YY was ordered to do some chores. YY got call from KJ. YY said she was busy. Mirinae realized she was talking to KJ. Mirinae called KJ. Mirinae and KJ plotted for a meetup. I think she said she couldnt ride a bike like her friends. Mirinae begging YY to go somewhere with her. KJ was making something. I think some Rabbit shaped riceballs?. Ms Ahn came and talked with KJ about it. Grandpa came and asked what it was i think was teasing. He asked himself in his head if hes going on a date with Baby Chick. EH sent a message to YY to meet at the cafe later. YY and Mirinae off and YY surprised. YY watches KJ teaching Mirinae to ride. Scene at KJ home with HH,KJ father,Grandpa and SJ comes. They talk and Grandpa say something. It triggers from SJ past with him causing the accident it seems like. SJ close his door while HH runs after. SJ sits on the floor having a nervous breakdown while HH knocks to let her in and ep ends. 

Continuation of KJ,YY,Mirinae in the preview. YY and KJ smile at each other at work. KJ dad realize there is something going on between them. Grandpa says something to KJ in preview. Dont know what Grandpa says, but those in naver chat says Grandpa is the best so its something positive i guess.

Episode 59 Preview

Chairman Jang informs Gyeong-jun that he had noticed that Gyeong-jun and Young-i liked each other. Surprised, Gyeong-jun carefully observes President Chang's reaction.
Meanwhile, Lee Jae, who accidentally witnessed Gyeong-jun and Young-yi's affectionate appearance, calls Gyeong-jun to the president's office with a displeased face...

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

@Ameera Ali Today scenes were really heartwarming. Mirinae is truly their cupid.

title of preview  :

[Episode 59 Preview] Hold on so that you don't get hurt [A bean pod in my eyes] | KBS broadcast

Seems like Grandpa is telling KJ to fight for it.

SJ having a mental breakdown

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Credit to Stroppyse @ Janghaven for transplating preview

KJ Father: Was your mother a widow with a child? If you keep being like this, I will have no choice but to think differently as well.
KJ: Lee Young Yi-shi is a really good person, and I like her a lot.
Grandfather: It’s obvious that your father is going to object, and your mother is plotting with Team Leader Kim in order to make her your match. So that your person doesn’t get hurt, make sure that you take care of her.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

What she can’t understand from This  equation :phew:

HM - DIGNITY - PRIDE - SELF WORTH = No KJ 

HM + DIGNITY + PRIDE +SELF WORTH = No KJ 

* their most be short supplies on available men in kdrama lol 

At least her mom have some sense lol.

I guess she doesn't like KJ's family

• Like 8

20 hours ago, Lunkera said:

@booha It's funny seeing all of HM plans fail big time.

Right HM kept trying but thankfully she kept stumbling and was humiliated

Yeah maybe it wasn’t about the competition.  HM said she couldn’t live without KJ. And her dad thought it’s from her obsession.  But her behavior is so outrageously childish in front of KJ that it’s hard to believe her feeling for him.  However this time she remembered what KJ told her “Must you stoop so low?” Yes KJ doesn’t mince with words when someone keeps acting badly.  Ouch HM it has to be very painful.  
Though I’m not happy that SJ showed concern for HM, but at least he poked at her by bringing up his really mean classmate.  lol  :sweat_smile:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Even YY mistook the shape of the rice balls. Thanks to Mirinae insistence, YY ended up feeding KJ and he was really happy. YY brought Mirinae to the cafe to meet EH. EJ,DS and eventually DY arrived and it became chaos. YY is so dense that EJ is just shaking her head. DY thought those flowers were for HM haha. DY is dumb. YY talking with Mirinae and Mirinae asks if DS hates KJ. YY says hes worried about her. YY write a message to KJ and KJ is smiling. Grandpa sees it. He calls KJ into his room. Grandpa busts KJ and traps him in his own words. Grandpa is supportive for KJ relationship with YY. YY and KJ having a talk in the coffee room. HM and HH talk.

rest of it you saw from preview. End with YY and SJ in his office and HH enters and attacks YY. i was sooo mad.

60 previews

Chairman Jang goes to Bok-hee's gomtang restaurant to meet Yeong-i. Chairman Jang, who even greeted Mirinae, brings up a story about Gyeong-jun to Young-i.
Meanwhile, Eun-ho, who couldn't easily seize the opportunity to confess his feelings for Young-i, finally gathers up the courage to reveal his hidden truth to Young-i...

Mirinae Saying KJ is like a dad.

Grandpa giving KJ his support.

ff

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1