[Drama 2022] The Queen's Umbrella/Umbrella, 슈룹

larus

Here are the ratings for episode 10! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“The Empire” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet + “The Queen’s Umbrella” Hits New All-Time High

tvN’s “The Queen’s Umbrella” also achieved its highest ratings yet last night. The drama took first place in its time slot with a nationwide average of 12.3 percent, marking a new personal record for the historical drama.

“The Queen’s Umbrella” took first place in its time slot among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49 as well, earning a nationwide average of 5.3 percent.

“The Empire” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet + “The Queen’s Umbrella” Hits New All-Time High | Soompi

• Like 5

On 11/14/2022 at 6:44 AM, backstreetboysfan said:

tvN’s “The Queen’s Umbrella” also achieved its highest ratings yet last night.

i just finished ep 11...i love the story and the actors very much...i can't wait to see our queen next step...

• Like 3

I just fin Ep. 11 too and i also love the queen for protecting not just her sons and the sons of the King's other ladies, but also the servants and the scholars while giving them a firm rebuke at the same time. Her giving chances and being forgiving of the ones who were led astray are just so admirable of her, which i hope will help her to garner more support in the future especially when it seems like the villains in the story may be planning a coup or something like it.

• Like 4

Here are the ratings for episode 11! :).

tvN’s “The Queen’s Umbrella” remained first place in its time slot with an average nationwide rating of 10.8 percent, and it also took first place in its time slot among viewers ages 20 to 49—with whom it scored a nationwide average of 4.5 percent.

“Reborn Rich” Ratings Rise Sharply For 2nd Episode | Soompi

• Like 3

I have to admit I dont like that the drama is so unrealistic.

The scholars changed their minds just because the Queen gave them a speech.  :rolleyes:

Anyway, the Queen is so smart and kind. 

Prince Uiseong isnt the King's son. @UnniSarahchingu was right..   :approves:

I wonder how the QD will use the information.

Consort Hwang is so blinded by her ambition. She still thinks that no one knows about her secret. :rolleyes:

the last scene when the queen entered the CP's room was so emotional.  

The Crown Prince..   :fullofhearts:

:wub:

• Like 4

wow seems our queen likes her future son wife a lot...i do hope her dad will help our CP...he has so many enemies...i can't wait sub. so i can understand everything

Is Crown Princess's first wedding night and seems  she will be alone. The girl is suffering so much...I hope the Queen clear up the misunderstanding very soon with the Crown Prince - but looks like she is gonna be busy with her new grandchild...

• Like 4

11 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Prince Uiseong isnt the King's son. @UnniSarahchingu was right.. 

Hi chingu did you see Queen Dowager's reaction. She disgust me and I am starting to think. She loves power more than her own son . I can't believe she kept quiet all this time.  I can't wait to see what she will do next

• Like 5

Here are the ratings for episode 12! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Reborn Rich” Ratings Break Into Double Digits For 3rd Episode + “The Queen’s Umbrella” Hits New All-Time High

Meanwhile, Kim Hye Soo‘s hit drama “The Queen’s Umbrella” climbed to a new all-time high of its own. The latest episode of the historical series scored an average nationwide rating of 13.4 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all cable channels.

“The Queen’s Umbrella” also continued to perform well with viewers ages 20 to 49, among whom it earned a nationwide average of 5.5 percent.

“Reborn Rich” Ratings Break Into Double Digits For 3rd Episode + “The Queen’s Umbrella” Hits New All-Time High | Soompi

• Like 2

2 hours ago, andy78 said:

seems so ...is that doctor the father?the one that is the former queen son...the one that survived and could not be king...

I assume that Kwon is the father..  :unsure: his behavior is still unclear and I wonder if Consort Hwang

knows that Kwon is the only surviving prince. 

22 hours ago, andy78 said:

wow seems our queen likes her future son wife a lot...i do hope her dad will help our CP...he has so many enemies...i can't wait sub. so i can understand everything

I absolutely loved the scenes between the Queen and Chungha.   

Although it was annoying when the QD noticed that the Queen liked Chungha. 

13 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Hi chingu did you see Queen Dowager's reaction. She disgust me and I am starting to think. She loves power more than her own son . I can't believe she kept quiet all this time.  I can't wait to see what she will do next

yep, so true..  her greed and ambition are dangerous. 

My favorite scene is the one at the beginning of the episode between the Queen and the crown prince.

They were both so happy and smiling.

he looked so handsome in the black wedding robe... :wub:

Chungha looked at her husband so lovely...

that I suddenly remembered the song ''Woman in Love'' by Barbara Streisand.   :D

• Like 5

2 hours ago, rocher22 said:

his behavior is still unclear and I wonder if Consort Hwang

knows that Kwon is the only surviving prince. 

me too...he has his own agenda for sure...and all those people that are helping him...he can't be king so he wants his son to be king...maybe...

• Like 3

by lo_ve, November 21, 2022
5 0

It was belatedly revealed that Moon Sang Min suffered a facial injury while filming for the ongoing K-drama "Under the Queen's Umbrella."

On November 21st, Moon Sang Min's agency Awesome Entertainment shared through the media outlet NewsN that Moon Sang Min underwent suture surgery back in October. The actor injured the lower part of his left eye while filming an action scene for the drama "Under the Queen's Umbrella." 

The agency revealed that at that time, Moon Sang Min was busy with the last shoot. He watched the progress of his healing for a few days and returned to filming. They also shared that the actor is still undergoing scar treatment. 

Moon Sang Min is gaining a lot of love from local and international audiences for starring in the drama "Under the Queen's Umbrella." Many praised his visuals and great portrayal as one of the sons of the Queen played by the top actress Kim Hye Soo.

"Under the Queen's Umbrella" is led by Kim Hye Soo, Kim Hae Sook, Choi Won Young, Kim Eui Sung, Ok Ja Yeon, and more. 

The ongoing tvN series airs every Saturday and Sunday at 9:10 PM KST. The drama can also be viewed through the OTT platform, Netflix.  

dpQ1g_2f.jpg

Moon Sang Min is one of the rising actors this year. He made his acting debut in 2019 through the web series "4 Reasons Why I Hate Christmas" with Park Shi An, Jung Hwi Young, Jin Ye Ju, Min Do Hee, and Jeon Hye Yeon.

The actor has starred in several works such as "The Colors of Our Time," "The Mermaid Prince: The Beginning," "My Name," and more. 

Moon Sang Min will also join the upcoming k-drama "Duty After School" with Shin Hyun Soo, Kim Ki Hae, Im Se Mi, Shin Hye Ji, Ahn Do Kyu, and Choi Moon Hee.

"Under the Queen's Umbrella" is Moon Sang Min's debut in a broadcast channel drama.

https://mydramalist.com/article/moon-sang-min-belatedly-revealed-to-have-suffered-injury-while-filming-under-the-queen-s-umbrella

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Under the Queen’s Umbrella: Episodes 9-10

by alathe

firstpic3.jpg

The competition comes to a boil as the princes battle for ascendency. Our heroine is busy doing what she always does: working behind the scenes to keep her children alive. But, with the Dowager Queen preparing for her next ploy, it’s getting harder than ever to stay one step ahead.

EPISODES 9-10 WEECAP

Fresh from her fabulous mic-drop of gifting the Dowager Queen a poisonous plant, Hwa-ryeong realizes her mistake. Never make a dramatic gesture in a Joseon drama. Not when your opponent lives and breathes drama. With gleeful abandon, the Dowager Queen takes to her bed, frailly lamenting that Hwa-ryeong has poisoned her. The King knows it’s nonsense. Despite this, he can’t punish her for plotting to murder Seongnam — not now it’s her word against Hwa-ryeong’s.

Faced with this, our heroine decides to step up her plotting game! First, it’s teatime with the newly-emboldened Consort Tae, where it becomes clear that Bogum’s chances are bound up with their mutual mother-in-law. Hwa-ryeong innocently lets drop that the Dowager Queen is ill. Sure enough, Consort Tae whips up a plate of porridge and goes to curry favor with her ailing patron. It’s super effective! The Dowager Queen gives her a hefty ring and an even heftier rumor in return. (More on the latter, later.) Consort Hwang, who peers in just at the wrong moment, is appalled to see the ex-servant she always bullied all buddied up with her erstwhile ally.

Hwa-ryeong’s calendar is packed with all manner of intrigue. Next up, it’s the Chief State Councilor. Enemies they may be, but there’s one thing they have in common: the Dowager Queen tried to frame them both for murder. Hwa-ryeong remarks that he was meant to take the fall for Seongnam’s death. Soon, the day will come when they may need to work together. A tense meeting between the Dowager Queen, Consort Hwang, and the Chief Councilor puts the final nail in the coffin. The teacup metaphors have turned, and the Dowager Queen’s loyalties have seemingly shifted from Uiseong to Bogum. With Team Evil splitting at the seams, Hwa-ryeong takes the Minister for War to one side, encouraging him to remain neutral in the upcoming conflict.

Meanwhile, the taekhyeon proceeds apace. Back on Wanwol Island, Seongnam’s suspicions are growing about the King’s old friend, Gyeong-woo. He’s making a tidy profit selling clams on the village workers’ behalf — but where is all that money disappearing? Beside him, Cheong-ha frolics, delighted to be included. She’ll happily buy counting sticks for the adorable village children if it means Seongnam will wait for her at the ferry. (I didn’t wait for you! Seongnam insists.) (He totally waited for her.) Taking over the boys’ room, she merrily joins Gyeong-woo’s rapidly swelling household — whilst Seongnam and Bogum wordlessly set up camp on the poor guy’s floor.

Under the Queen's Umbrella: Episodes 9-10

Battered and starving after his run-in with bandits, Shimso drags himself back to the palace, ready to resign the competition. But Consort Ko has other ideas. Under the watchful eye of the palace guards, she loudly shuns her son, proclaiming him to be no more than a simple beggar. Thrusting a jeweled norigae into his hands, she demands he continue, even if he shatters every bone in his body. Haggard and distraught, Shimso manages several steps before collapsing.

Luckily, he’s rescued by Hwa-ryeong, who treats him to his first meal in days. It’s not long before Consort Ko comes crashing in, livid. How dare Hwa-ryeong interfere? As for Shimso — she regrets he was ever born. Thrown from the queen’s quarters, she sobs and rages, then vents her revenge by rooting through Gyeseong’s rooms. Here, she discovers the hidden portrait. Why not wreck the lives of two children while she’s at it? It’s not long before Gyeseong’s secret finds its way into the hands of Consort Hwang.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/11/under-the-queens-umbrella-episodes-9-10/

• Like 2

Under the Queen’s Umbrella: Episodes 11-12

by alathe

coverphoto8.jpg

The king has made the call: it’s up to the scholars to select the new crown prince. Trouble is, with a whole new host of people to bribe, it’s open season on the scheming front. The dowager queen won’t be outdone at her own game — and our heroine risks losing everything.

EPISODES 11-12 WEECAP

scheming.jpg

As dozens of Confucian scholars ponder over who will be the next Crown Prince, a single locked door proves insufficient against the corruption of the court. The Dowager Queen and the Chief State Councilor are furiously scheming, in opposite directions. The former smuggles a flurry of bribes out on Bogum’s behalf, only to find that the Chief State Councilor has arrested her minions for corruption. Consort Tae retaliates by leaking information about Uiseong’s assaults against the palace servants. Opinions in the hall fluctuate — whilst rumors of their secret deliberations flow like water from a leaky teapot.

One thing’s clear: with Uiseong and Bogum’s supporters at war, something’s got to give. Thus, Consort Hwang and the Chief State Councilor swallow their considerable pride, kneeling before the Dowager Queen. Won’t she join with them once more? The Dowager Queen hems, haws, and feigns reluctance until Consort Hwang bites the bullet and offers her what she really wants: if Uiseong wins, she’ll forfeit the queenship to her mother-in-law.

nametag2.jpg

The Dowager Queen is all sweetness and lethality when she meets with Bogum and Consort Tae. Remember, she asks, how Consort Tae agreed to do anything for her? The two listen, powerless, as the Dowager Queen explains that Bogum was never a contender. Not really. He was just there to help her squeeze her allies for favors. Now, it’s the end of the line. Despite Consort Tae’s tears, and Bogum’s fierce stoicism, there’s nothing they can do. Bogum must unhook his nametag from the taekhyeon roster.

Hwa-ryeong, of course, was anticipating this — now is her cue to act. Secret notes have been streaming in thick and fast from the scholars’ hall; so far, she’s turned a blind eye, for the sake of the maids who smuggled them. Now, she receives permission from the King to approach the hall.

Hwa-ryeong strides silently through the ranks of scholars. At every desk, she uncovers a note promising bribery. When she finally speaks, it is with all the gravitas of a head of state — and the unimpeachable authority of a mother who isn’t mad… just disappointed. She’d thought they were better than this. The scholars watch in agony as she holds the notes aloft — before dropping them onto a nearby fire. She turns to leave. This flawless performance is topped by one last twist: when she reports back to the King, she claims she found no evidence of corruption.

Her confidence is not misplaced. Public shaming did the trick. One by one, the scholars throw the remaining bribes on the fire. They refuse any more contact with the outside — even food — until their selection is made.

Later, Hwa-ryeong tackles another question: how do you solve a problem like Consort Tae? Well, first of all, you slap her back down to the rank of maid. Consort Tae is ordered to scrub, slop, and toil for hours on end — plenty of time to ruminate on the consequences of betrayal. But our heroine, ever-merciful, only lets her suffer for long enough to remember how much she really, truly hates needlework. Later, much like Consort Ko, she receives a lesson from the Hwa-ryeong School of Royal Parenting. It’s all very well to want her son to achieve great things, Hwa-ryeong says — but, Consort Tae’s greed caused Bogum great pain. Motherhood is difficult; she struggles too. Still, for all his maturity, Bogum is a child — and he’s been putting on a brave face for too long. It’s time Consort Tae cleaned herself up and comforted him.

Bogum, alone and hurting, can’t look at his mother. Nonetheless, when she hugs him, he finally lets himself cling to her and cry. Privately, to Court Lady Shin, Hwa-ryeong admits that back when her King fell for her personal maid, she cried a few tears of her own. Still, at the end of the day, how do you solve a problem like Consort Tae? Accept that she makes you smile.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/11/under-the-queens-umbrella-episodes-11-12/

• Like 2