[Mainland Chinese Drama 2024] Fox Spirit Matchmaker: Red Moon Pact 涂山小红娘月红篇

SC2019

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Fox Spirit Matchmaker: Yue Hong 涂山小红娘月红篇, premieres 23 May, starring Yang Mi & Simon Gong

Premieres 23 May. Calling fans of Yang Mi and Gong Jun.

SfIaD.jpg

credit: iQiYI

Latest trailer (released yesterday) can be found in the very first post.

• Blob 1

3 episodes in, I'm not sure how I feel about this, something feels off, maybe its the CGI when they use magic 🤔 it looks un natural and was executed much better in peach blossom and other dramas as of late.  Will keep watching because I like the lead actor and actress. Why are there 2 different fox spirit matchmaker drama's? Are they different stories?

@carmolita there are three different dramas, all under the same universe, and author. Fox Spirit Matchmaker is a Chinese romance manhua work painted by Tuo Xiaoxin (庹小新) and coloured by Pansi Daxian (盘丝大仙). It was originally published in the magazine Manhua Show (漫画SHOW) in 2012 until the magazine's cancellation but continued on Tencent Animation & Comics. On June 26, 2015, it was animated in Tencent Video. Today, it has been broadcast for more than 120 episodes. The animated plot has 10 arcs, some of which will be told in the three instalments produced by iQIYI and Tencent. In June 2020, Tencent Pictures, IQIYI and Stellar Media (of Love Between Fairy and Devil fame) announced that Fox Spirit Matchmaker would be turned into a TV series called Tushan Matchmaker(涂山小红娘, Tushan Xiao Hongniang).  

In addition to this one by Yang Mi and Gong Jun (also known as Yue Hong), there are 2 others, likely in this order they will air due to the filming order:

Fox Spirit Matchmaker: Love in Pavilion (Zhu Ye) -starring Liu Shi Shi & Leon Zhang

Fox Spirit Matchmaker: Sword and Beloved (Wang Quan) - starring Cheng Yi & Li Yi Tong

Source: Wikipedia

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

7 eps in and am enjoying this thus far. The drama moves fast and characters are smart so there is little angst when watching. Heh.

Also, the women in the show are all so pretty with the additional lines drawn around their eyes to represent fox spirits. Sets are resplendent as usual in such productions - love the costumes! 

The ML’s making news in socmed pages for baring his top in ep4 … :lol: it’s easy to see why.

@MayanEcho Are you watching this too?

• Wiggle 1

5 hours ago, rocat said:

Are you watching this too?

Not yet, I'm quite swamped and even got sick 😑 I'd complete Shogun, then let's see. It's been a while seeing Yang Mi as a fox deity/supernatural being.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2024] Fox Spirit Matchmaker: Red Moon Pact 涂山小红娘月红篇
  • 3 weeks later...