[Drama 2022] A Secret House, 비밀의 집

0ly40

4 hours ago, Ayame said:

Yes there is. There's a romance between Seo Ha Joon & Lee Young Eun's characters. Jun Heon's character has a one-sided love for Lee Young Eun's character, and Kang Byul's character has a one-sided love for Seo Ha Joon's character.

You can just look at the official character chart:

We can already guess what will happen, it seems that this drama is bout revenge and justice
the ML Seo Ha Joon character for revenge and justice will probably marry the SFL who is crazy about him and the FL will probably marry the SML because of misunderstandings, so the leads will end up in the same family with the matriarch as the villain, and ML and SML will be enemies, and SFL will be a RickRoll'D crazy
I hope that the role of Lee Young Eun who is the female lead is strong enough, I don't want to see a stupid FL, I want to see her in action

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

12 hours ago, chococarmela said:

I did drop Phoenix 2020 after getting disappointed and frustrated daily.

phoenix was so bad -- one reason I am not sure I want to watch this drama because of the male lead... 

• Blob 2

43 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

He got written out... that's not his fault. I think this drama has a different writer too.

am traumatized by the face of seo ha joon. :lol: just need to be not reminded of phoenix. :lol:

• LOL 4

On 4/6/2022 at 12:43 PM, backstreetboysfan said:

I was going to watch Phoenix (I am a fan of the ML) but after reading about it nope.

good decision. it is one of the worst daily and had a lot of offscreen drama as well -- actors quit, PD quit, writer threatened to quit. am guessing there was a lot more that happened as well. maybe @Ayame might remember... 

29 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Hey doe anyone remember who translated the last character chart in Second Husband? ... can we get a translation for this drama's chart?

think that was ayame who provided the translated chart? 

2 minutes ago, joccu said:

@Lmangla  same. This could be interesting daily but honestly phoenix has traumatized me.  

yea, it was so bad that I feel that I can't look at this actor. maybe we should give this one a chance for a couple of episodes atleast just so that we can zap phoenix out of our brains. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

actors quit, PD quit, writer threatened to quit. am guessing there was a lot more that happened as well.

The writer did quit lol. And a new writer was brought in. The male lead AND the 2nd female lead left. Part of the reason why SBS stopped making dailies. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, chococarmela said:

The writer did quit lol. And a new writer was brought in. The male lead AND the 2nd female lead left. Part of the reason why SBS stopped making dailies. 

Ah, no the writer did not quit. She threatened to quit, but changed her mind and decided to stay. Around Episode 61, they brought in second writer. So from Episode 61 until the final episode (120), there were two writers Lee Yoo Jin (the original writer) and Kim Shi Eun. Everything else you said is correct though. The male lead and 2nd female lead left. Also the PD left too.

Here's the article from that time when Lee Yoo Jin almost left, but decided to stay: http://tvdaily.co.kr/read.php3?aid=16121596441578193002

@LeftCoastOppa Yeah, I'll work on the chart soon ^^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, Ayame said:

Ah, no the writer did not quit. She threatened to quit, but changed her mind and decided to stay. Around Episode 61, they brought in second writer. So from Episode 61 until the final episode (120), there were two writers Lee Yoo Jin (the original writer) and Kim Shi Eun. Everything else you said is correct though. The male lead and 2nd female lead left. Also the PD left too.

Ohhh. Looks like I mixed up the info. No wonder why the show's quality went downhill though... I didn't know the PD left too?!

Thanks for the article!

• Like 6

Thank you so much @Ayame! :).

21 hours ago, Lmangla said:

good decision. it is one of the worst daily and had a lot of offscreen drama as well -- actors quit, PD quit, writer threatened to quit. am guessing there was a lot more that happened as well. maybe @Ayame might remember... 

17 hours ago, chococarmela said:

13 hours ago, Ayame said:

Here's the article from that time when Lee Yoo Jin almost left, but decided to stay: 

@LeftCoastOppa Yeah, I'll work on the chart soon ^^

Oh wow okay that sounds like it was a mess, I did hear about some of that. Okay yeah staying away from that one.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Thank you so much @Ayame

Can you provide any insight in the translation of "interest" between Grandfathers Nurse (Yoo Kwang Mi) and the Rivals mother (Nam Sook Jin) ... interested in each other? One way interest only? 

Thanks Again for the translation

Sure ^^ The character chart wasn't really specific on what the 'interest' is, but reading the more detailed character description on the MBC website, it seems like the nurse's ultimate goal is to marry the Grandfather. I think so she can get his money? It doesn't outright say that, but it's implied. Every time the nurse tries to do something the rival's mother blocks the nurse from doing anything, which makes the nurse more frustrated. I guess the 'interest' just refers to the rival's mother having an interest in blocking the nurse from doing anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5