Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

Song Il-Kook, Triathlon Coach in 'Qualifications of Men'

16-Aug-2012 (Korea time)

7769626720_80f4a03eff_c.jpg

Actor Song Il-Kook will be showing up as a coach in ‘Happy Sunday – Qualifications of Men’ (shortened as Nam-gyuk) of KBS 2TV.

A relevant person to Nam-gyuk at the Star News mentioned that “Song Il-Kook participated in a triathlon project of Nam-gyuk, on August 19th”.

A close person of Nam-gyuk said “Members of Nam-gyuk will be aired while they are challenging in triathlon (marathon, bicycling and swimming) event. This is to be broadcast in the afternoon of the 19th and “Song Il-Kook will be in charge of a coach role for the Nam-gyuk members.”

According to him, the triathlon project of Nam-gyuk is starting when the members are taking parts in the triathlon event held in
Tongyeoung at the end of Sept. The camera shooting started its first session on the 7th of this month.

He also said “Song Il-Kook was a vice president of the Triathlon Association. We asked him to participate as a coach in Nam-gyuk and he gladly accepted it.”

He said “Song Il-Kook is checking the event of Nam-gyuk and the swimming coach himself. He is working very hard as a coach.” And, “as he had participated in many triathlon events himself, he is providing tips from his own experience.”

A relevant person commented about the training of Song Il-Kook and the members of Nam-gyuk that “Contrary to the perfect image of Song Il-Kook, he is goofing around making silly mistakes and the members are making fun of him” and “since the triathlon project of Nam-gyuk is on a long-term basis, Song Il-Kook will be showing up in the show for a while.”

He hinted that “as the average age of the Nam-gyuk members is 42.6, they are pretty much in bad shape, in a way. That’s why all the members are practicing on an individual basis to prepare for the triathlon event continuously.” And, “they already have experiences in marathon and bicycling but they do need structured swimming lessons for sure.”

by KonaBeans via NATE
http://news.nate.com/view/20120814n11025

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's a forum for 'Qualifications of Men'.  Check it out to see what the show is all about:

http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/324148/variety-happy-sunday-the-qualities-of-a-man

Updated:

Song Il-Kook's Dokdo crossing took a brake on Japanese activities.

Aug. 15, according to Japanese media drama starring Song Il-Kook MBC "A Man Called God" aired in Japan is said to have postponed indefinitely.

Japanese satellite broadcaster BS Nihon TV, August 15, starring Song Il-Kook, "A Man Called God" which was scheduled to broadcast is indefinitely postponed." he announced. For that reason, "South Korea and Japan claim sovereignty and Takeshima (Dokdo) Song Il-Kook participated in cross-project of the audience is likely higher because the voice criticism," he said.

Following "broadcast can not know when this will happen, starting with a different program at that time I will organize," he said.

http://news.nate.com/view/20120815n11369

In other news, it is said the pressure is raised by Japan Embassy.

Aigoo, this doesn't sound good at all.  I had thought about reaction from his fans, but didn't expect the actions from Japan Embassy and Broadcast stations.

Let's wait for more news.

201208151553223310_1.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Celia, is Aug 15 your BD?

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY and WISHING YOU MANY MORE HAPPINESS AND HEALTH IN THE COMING YEARS!

I'm not interested in age.
People who tell me their age are silly.
You're as old young as you feel.

~ Elizabeth Arden

For August and September Birthdays \:D/ .

7791049518_7a1456bf41_o.jpg

Hi, dear SIKers!
WTF, a Japanese ambassador  can prohibit a movie aired at a Japanese TV channel? This will never happen in civilized Europe! Never! If I were BS's administrator, I'd send a reporter at Seoul, directly to SIK and Kim Jang Hoon, to interview them, and I'd make this a special trailer for AMCG.  But I suppose the reciprocal wounds are still deep after 67 years. I can understand this very well. What's to say? It's South Korean National Day today: Daehan Minkuk Manse!!! (sounds familiar?  :D )
Dear Celia, happy birthday! God bless you for everything you do and for what your beautiful person is! 
Roses and loving hearts for you!

149742_385009884872398_1053845840_n.jpg
Love you all, SIKers!

Japan TV pulls Korean drama over island dispute

http://www.timesofoman.com

Japan- Japanese television station said Wednesday it was postponing the airing of a South Korean drama series starring an actor who took part in a swim to a group of islands at the centre of a territorial row.

BS (for Broadcast Satellite) Nippon Corporation said it would replace "A Man Called God", which features popular actor Song Il-Kook and was to due air from next week, with a re-run of another South Korean drama series.

"We have decided to change our programming after considering the impact of the main actor swimming to Takeshima," a station spokeswoman said, referring to the isles known as Dokdo in Korean.

A team of South Koreans reached the islands on Wednesday, finishing a 220-kilometre (135-mile) relay swim from the east coast, less than a week after President Lee Myung-Bak visited the disputed chain, provoking ire in Tokyo.

The team led by singer Kim Jang-Hoon completed the swim to mark South Korea's Liberation Day, which commemorates the 1945 end of Japan's occupation of the peninsula.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Japan TV suspends S. Korean drama due to island swim

http://www.asiadailywire.com

Tensions between Japan and South Korea have reached pop culture when a Japanese satellite television broadcaster announced that it will pull a South Korean drama from TV a week ahead of its planned airing, The Nikkei reports.

South Korean actor, Song Il Kook, along with pop singer, Kim Jang Hoon and 40 swimmers, joined a relay swim to the disputed islands known as Dokdo in South Korea and Takeshima in Japan. BS Nippon Corp. decided to postpone the airing of the drama called “A Man Called God,” in which Song is the lead actor.

The 220-km relay swim marks the anniversary of Korea’s independence from Japanese colonial rule. The islands symbolize sovereign rights for both countries but are also said to be the ideal point to mine rare earths.

South Korean president Lee Myung-bak said the islands are “worthy of sacrificing our lives” for while Japan says the islands belong to the country “historically and by international law”. The territorial dispute has thrown both countries in a battle of redemption from each of their historical past.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Airing of S. Korean TV dramas postponed in Japan

TOKYO, Aug. 16, Kyodo

http://english.kyodonews.jp

Two Japanese satellite television broadcasters said Wednesday they will postpone the airing of two South Korean television dramas originally scheduled to start next Tuesday because the actor playing the lead character has joined a relay swim to disputed isles in the Sea of Japan.

tv-200x133.jpg

BS (Broadcast Satellite) Japan Corp. said it will delay airing the drama "Detectives in Trouble," starring Song Il Kook in consideration of the current situation and viewers' comments, while BS Nippon Corp. said the broadcasting of "A Man Called God" featuring the same actor will be postponed because doing so could draw fire from viewers.

Song, South Korean pop singer Kim Jang Hoon and about 40 swimmers including university students joined the relay team, which took to the waters from the country's eastern shores on Monday to reach the South Korean-controlled islands claimed by Japan, which are known as Dokdo in South Korea and Takeshima in Japan.

Song is popular in Japan as the lead actor of the 2006-2007 South Korean period drama "Jumong."

The team of swimmers completed the 220-kilometer relay Wednesday morning, about 49 hours after the start, with two university students landing on the isle, according to South Korean media. The day marks the anniversary of Korea's independence from Japan's 1910-1945 colonial rule.

The event came amid heightened diplomatic tensions between South Korea and Japan following South Korean President Lee Myung Bak's unprecedented visit to one of the isles last Friday.

Related Articles:
Tokyo protests Seoul comments on emperor
Tokyo-Seoul ties spiral downwards

Hi everyone! My birthday is not on 15 august but it's close enough to this date. Although I usually don't make any fuss around it, I have to admitt it feels good when people remember it, so thank you all for you wishes and good vibes.  Thank you also for remembering that Yeom Moon is my favorite. I'm touched.

Kona , thank you for sharring these news although they are kind of appalling. KJH and SIK gesture had a strong political connotation and reactions were to be expected. However, it breaks my heart to see SIK's professional career so strongly affected. I just hope his fans will remain faithful to him. 

Guest xiaomeihuili

Hello SIKers!

Dear Celia, ♡♥♡♥♡♥♡BEST WISHES TO YOU ON YOUR BIRTHDAY♡♥♡♥♡♥♡

Now, it is a very hard time for us, Japanese fans. I don't want to mention to political things. In East Asia, we have long history and naturally there are so many contacts between countries. I know a lot of sad happenings, but I want to solve it not using actions but by talks or some kind of negotiating methods.

I have to say that the satellite TV stations decided by their own and not by the political pressure. As you know, there are always pros and cons, so the TV stations avoid the objection from some audiences. So AMCG and Crime Squad are not aired, but about FF, there's no news of delay. It will start from 17th(tomorrow).

SIK tweets after a long off. :-*  *****************************************************************************************************

Song Il-Kook ‏@songilkook
아침에 독도행사 마치고 부산항에 도착해 서울로 올라가는 길입니다. 2박3일 배안에서 멀미 만하다가 바닷물에 잠시(?) 몸 만 담그고 나왔네요...T.T 밤새 거친 파도와 싸우며 수영한 한국체육대학 학생들 정말 대단합니다!!!

특히나 김장훈선배님! 정말 인간적으로 존경하게 됐습니다. 처음 청산리대장정 도와주신다고 했을 때 그냥(?) 흘려들었는데... 직접 자비를 들여 스텝들과 중국으로 오셔서 대원들을 위해 기꺼이 노래를 불러주셨죠!

그렇기에 저도 선배님을 돕겠다는 마음으로 참여하게 됐는데... 이 짧은 글로 표현 못 할 힘든 과정을 지켜보면서 다시 생각하게 됐습니다. 이런 소중한 행사에 참여시켜 주셔서 감사합니다! 김장훈선배님! 당신이 정말 자랑스럽습니다!!!

rough translation

After finished the Dokto Activity, I landed Pusan and now on the way to Seoul. During 2 night 3 days, I felt nauseated. I just put my body in the sea...T.T In the high waves, the students of Korean Athletic College swam all night. They are really awesome.

Especially Mr. Kim Jang-hoon Seonbae! I become respect him of his humanity from my heart. First he said that he will help our Cheongsanri Long March, I paid not much attention to him....
He came to China with his staffs by his own expense and sang for our members willingly!

So I attended this activity wanting to help seongbae... and watching the very hard process of this event, I again feel to thank him to let me participate this important event!
Kim Jang hoon seonbae! I'm really proud of you!

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

KonaBeans said: Japan TV pulls Korean drama over island dispute

http://www.timesofoman.com

Japan- Japanese television station said Wednesday it was postponing the airing of a South Korean drama series starring an actor who took part in a swim to a group of islands at the centre of a territorial row.

BS (for Broadcast Satellite) Nippon Corporation said it would replace "A Man Called God", which features popular actor Song Il-Kook and was to due air from next week, with a re-run of another South Korean drama series.

"We have decided to change our programming after considering the impact of the main actor swimming to Takeshima," a station spokeswoman said, referring to the isles known as Dokdo in Korean.

A team of South Koreans reached the islands on Wednesday, finishing a 220-kilometre (135-mile) relay swim from the east coast, less than a week after President Lee Myung-Bak visited the disputed chain, provoking ire in Tokyo.

The team led by singer Kim Jang-Hoon completed the swim to mark South Korea's Liberation Day, which commemorates the 1945 end of Japan's occupation of the peninsula.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Japan TV suspends S. Korean drama due to island swim

http://www.asiadailywire.com

Tensions between Japan and South Korea have reached pop culture when a Japanese satellite television broadcaster announced that it will pull a South Korean drama from TV a week ahead of its planned airing, The Nikkei reports.

South Korean actor, Song Il Kook, along with pop singer, Kim Jang Hoon and 40 swimmers, joined a relay swim to the disputed islands known as Dokdo in South Korea and Takeshima in Japan. BS Nippon Corp. decided to postpone the airing of the drama called “A Man Called God,” in which Song is the lead actor.

The 220-km relay swim marks the anniversary of Korea’s independence from Japanese colonial rule. The islands symbolize sovereign rights for both countries but are also said to be the ideal point to mine rare earths.

South Korean president Lee Myung-bak said the islands are “worthy of sacrificing our lives” for while Japan says the islands belong to the country “historically and by international law”. The territorial dispute has thrown both countries in a battle of redemption from each of their historical past.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Airing of S. Korean TV dramas postponed in Japan

TOKYO, Aug. 16, Kyodo

http://english.kyodonews.jp

Two Japanese satellite television broadcasters said Wednesday they will postpone the airing of two South Korean television dramas originally scheduled to start next Tuesday because the actor playing the lead character has joined a relay swim to disputed isles in the Sea of Japan.

BS (Broadcast Satellite) Japan Corp. said it will delay airing the drama "Detectives in Trouble," starring Song Il Kook in consideration of the current situation and viewers' comments, while BS Nippon Corp. said the broadcasting of "A Man Called God" featuring the same actor will be postponed because doing so could draw fire from viewers.

Song, South Korean pop singer Kim Jang Hoon and about 40 swimmers including university students joined the relay team, which took to the waters from the country's eastern shores on Monday to reach the South Korean-controlled islands claimed by Japan, which are known as Dokdo in South Korea and Takeshima in Japan.

Song is popular in Japan as the lead actor of the 2006-2007 South Korean period drama "Jumong."

The team of swimmers completed the 220-kilometer relay Wednesday morning, about 49 hours after the start, with two university students landing on the isle, according to South Korean media. The day marks the anniversary of Korea's independence from Japan's 1910-1945 colonial rule.

The event came amid heightened diplomatic tensions between South Korea and Japan following South Korean President Lee Myung Bak's unprecedented visit to one of the isles last Friday.

Related Articles:
Tokyo protests Seoul comments on emperor
Tokyo-Seoul ties spiral downwards

Hi, dear SIKers!
I think BS exaggerated; they act like they feel guilty of something, but their viewers will lose more. Crime Squad, AMCG and maybe FF?? They are really exaggerating!  [-(
Japanese viewers lose these:

1. Special character Michael King - AMCG

581080_299874433430098_304451499_n.jpg

2. special character Park Se Hyuk, Detective in Trouble / Crime Squad

396525_242239502526925_1288820236_n.jpg

3. special character Ki Ho Tae in Fermentation Family

420471_242272642523611_595687988_n.jpg

It's not SIk's loss, but Japanese' viewers.
Love you all, SIKers of the worls!

I want to look at the bright side, because of this, Song Il-Kook and "A Man Called God" get the attention they deserve 2 years ago.

It makes Japanese viewers more eager to watch and South Korea might decide to re-run the drama.

It's obvious that SIK doesn't regret of his decision and stands by Kim Jang-Hoon.  I'm proud of him!

Thanks Huili for the Twitter translation!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SIK and King Geumwa (Jun Kwang Ryul) at the 'Green Umbrella Child Fund' Concert on 16-Aug-2012.

16211146343001_61000040.jpg

16211143541000_61000040.jpg

http://news.nate.com/view/20120816n33077

http://news.nate.com/view/20120816n33079

4962602175_8da54ac807_o.jpg

Update on Child Fund (launched by KBS as Road for Hope) donation campaign by songilkook.com (Chinese fan site) and International Fans.
This is far more than we expected.
Thanks to fans from US (including Hawaii), Japan, HongKong, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Turkey, Iran, Romania, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands.  I think I've covered all the countries.

Total:                              $24,487.50     USD 

Equal:                            27,648,222.8626   Won

5211677027_f948ca18d0_o.jpg

This is a sample receipt that we will receive upon remitting the donation.
Click to enlarge.
7796134486_84b55b6bcd_m.jpg

4962602175_8da54ac807_o.jpg

Guest erinnys

Hello SIKers!

I am standing in the park with my son and reading all these news. I am a little bit disappointed about all this "war" between South Coreea and Japan. I don't understand why it should be like that? I am very impressed by what they did, watching SIK and the rest of them, swimming like that!!! I applaud them!! Good job guys, well done Song Il Kook!!! Love him more and more....

Hurray for the big sum funds!! I am realy happy seeing that all the fans from allover the world are together raising hands in helping SIK in this champagne! Realy wonderful!

Dear,Celia...happy birthaday from my part to! I love all "lions"....I get well with them.....

Dearest SIKers,many thanks to all of YOU... L O V E you, L O V E SIK 4 ever!

Happy Birthday Celia!

Thank you for sharing the news Kona.  I don't understand this thing about SIK swimming and the broadcasting of his drama in Japan, but I guess I'll talk to you when I see you in Seoul (YAY!  
\:D/

Dear Gabi, you're right the Japanese don't realize how much loss they have to suffer!

:-h  to all lovely SIKers, love you all!! 

:x

Same here wilenette as long as the don't banned the k-series,posponed will still can be negotiate,as for SIK he is patriotic and im sure he won't regret his decisions to be a coach,anyway he comes from the korean heroes blood so my guess SIK is very honor to be part of this.. For japanese fans a wait is not bad ,, Celia happy birthday.

Dear all SIKers,

First of all Happy Birthday to Celia. Wishing you all the best^_^

Thank you Kona and everyone contributed to this forum about the recent news. I don't want to make a lot of comment about Dokdo Island but it seems a sensitive issue for a long time. As I remember Kim Tae Hee got negative reactions from a few hundred Japanese when she was in Japan to promote her Japanese drama (last year or this year ). Just becuase she used to wear a T-shirt said something like Dokdo belongs to Korea with her brother (Lee Wan) when they went to Switzerland in 2005. Even though it was a long time ago, some Japanese still mentioned about it. For SIK case, I agree with Gabi and Kona that Japanese fans will be more eagerly to watch his dramas! Let's wait and pray for him. Enjoy your Friday everyone. I can't wait for the weekend, I will have time to watch my belove pirate^_^ then.  

One reason I never “list” Siker’s names in my posts is that I am always afraid I might unintentionally omit someone. However, I will take my courage at least this once and thank again Hadise, Kona, Gabi, Eriko, Erinnys, Charmy, Kish_agnes, alex for sending me their wishes for a happy birthday.

Another reason I don’t make lists is that I’m sure the ones who don’t always post or address me directly are doing it in their minds (I know I do this quite often), sending their good thoughts and making me (us) get the positive vibes always present in this forum. This is why I love songilkook-thread on soompi. THANK YOU SIKERS!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The piece of news about the “Green Umbrella Foundation”  (posted by Kona) reads that, on August 16, actress Park Soo-Jin and actors Song Il-Kook and Jeon Kwang Ryeol participated in a charity concert (“Happy Day”) organized by this foundation in Yeoksam-dong, Seoul, in order to raise funds for another poor African country, Nam Sudan (South Sudan). 

This shows that SIK is constantly involved in social and charity activities, inside and outside Korea. Anyway, this year (starting March, I think) he participated in a lot of public events/projects or personal initiatives of the kind. I can only appreciate this and give him my respect and admiration. Chapeau, Song Il-Kook nim!

I just opened my laptop tonight.   I'm here in Chicago at a hotel for a five-day vacation and my internet connection is poor.  However, reading the news about SIk and the aftermath of the Dokddo event saddened me not only because of Sik but also of his Japanese fans. Our man has helped greatly in bringing the Japanese fans to Korea, and he is very popular there.  I hope their love for our man won't waver because of this Dokkdo incident. I don't want to elaborate more on the political issue of this matter.  It's sensitive, like the Philippines and China claiming ownership for the Scarborough Shore island.

Sik is man enough to stand for his actions.  He knows what he likes and what he is doing and can not be fazed by anyone or any pressure.  I simply admire him for this. 

Thanks KONA and HUILLI  for all the related news.

Sorry for being the last one to greet you, CELIA, after being the first one to greet me in my last birthday.  I only know it now.  Happy birthday, dear.  If you were born not later than August 19, then you are a Leo like me.  So, you are supposed to have a strong personality and is a passionate lover.  You also value friends and treasure them.  Am I right?

Guest sig-Hadise

Hello Dear Fans Gentle songilguk :)

Dear uni kona , Dear Gabi , Thanks a lot for sharing . was great

Dear celia , Thanks for For friendship

16259754822011360045.jpg

13989461363648453380.jpg