Song Il Kook 송일국

KonaBeans

*** Look who most resembles Song Il-guk among his triplets. In 'The Return of Superman', Song Il-kook's three sons were featured,  which was broadcast yesterday November 14th, in commemoration of the 8th anniversary of the show. I heard that Song Il-guk is now filming his upcoming drama but, he surprisingly in an audio saying - "I sincerely congratulate you on your 8th anniversary. I hope everyone is full of good things. I hope everyone is happy."  This attracted attention. :sweet: 

20211115052352186ecba.png

20211115052353448hrpy.png

20211115052354665xujh.png

photos source : https://k-star-holic.blogspot.com/2021/11/the-korean-who-is-10-years-old-and-son.html

• Like 1

*** Video of Song Il Gook’s triplet sons Daehan, Minguk, and Manse greeted the viewers of “The Return of Superman” on their eighth anniversary special! The episode that aired on November 14 featured a brief interview with Daehan, Minguk, and Manse. They were asked what they’ve been up to and Daehan answered that he’s been going to school and was doing alright. Minguk shared that because of COVID-19, his plans to meet his friends to play didn't push through for the 2nd time already and that he wishes COVID-19 to go away. Manse explained that he was contemplating whether or not to star on “The Return of Superman” again, but Song Il Gook said from behind the camera that he can’t anymore because he's grown up now. :heart:

0001199534_001_20211114230801427.jpg?typ

photo source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=213&aid=0001199534

video source : soompi news

*** On November 14 episode of 'The Return of Superman', Daehan, Minguk and Manse's video message was played in celebration of the show's eighth anniversary. This is funny because when asked how they were doing these days, Minguk whispered to Daehan, "Hey, Daehan. How about we tell the viewers about you being in a relationship?"  (pls see below photo) But Daehan turned a deaf ear to Minguk's words and said, "I'm doing fine. I'm just going to school and stuff. Nothing too special." At the end of the video message, Manse was seen asking Song Il Kook, "Dad, are you done

filming now?"      :shaq:   SIG has an upcoming drama. Can't wait!     :Woah:

201609754_1280.jpg

photo source : SBS Star

• 5 months later...

*** SIG as a parent...................   and how is he now?  On April 2nd, he attended the event  '2022 Children's Day Ceremony'   celebration hosted by the Green Umbrella Children's Foundation. During the event, Song Il-kook carried out the "Parent Ten Commandments" of Oh Eun Young, a psychiatrist and author who has also made a name for herself by appearing on popular South Korean TV shows. Oh Eun Young's "Parent Ten Commandments" include: 'Do not cut your child's words in the middle, 'Please look at me with warm eyes', 'Do not hit me in front of many people', 'Do not blunder me', 'Do not make any promises that you can not keep', 'Do not do what you can't" Do not be ashamed, "," Do not be too upset or angry when the child is angry that he really hates his mother and father, "and" Dad cares more about quality than the amount of time spent with the child. "  Song Il-kook appeared in KBS2 entertainment 'The Return of Superman' some years ago and received favorable reviews for his triplet sons. He has not raised his voice to his children while doing parenting. Meanwhile, the triplets are reportedly busy on their studies; they are currently in the

fourth grade of elementary school.   :popcornjackson:

20220502135334373hlwt.jpg

20220502135336984lgia.jpg

photos source : k-star-holic.blogspot.com

• 5 months later...

*** Having left the program"The Return of Superman" for a long time, the hotness of the famous trio of SIG's children remains the same. Daehan, Minguk and Manse still receive great attention from fans on social media.  Currently, the trio” are 10 years old, and growing taller. Only in 4th grade, all three show an impressive height, with the eldest Daehan being 1m54 tall, Minguk 1m53 tall and Manse 1m52 tall. The looks of all three are no longer exactly the same as when they were on “The Return Of Superman”. In recent years,  the triplets have moved with their parents to France to continue their studies, but occasionally return to Korea to visit their relatives. At times, Song II Gook will still allow his three sons to participate in meaningful activities such as advertising for charity projects or events as long as it does not affect their studies.   :kaching3:

The-Return-Of-Superman-13102022-4.webp

photo source : Kbizoom

• 5 weeks later...

***  Let's discover some of the most beautiful places that appeared in SIG's drama :  "Jumong"

Dae Jang Geum Park in Gyeonggi-do

One of the most popular historical dramas in Korea is "Dae Jang Geum Park," which is located in Yongin. The park's facilities are based on historical records and feature various semi-permanent structures that represent the lifestyle and architectural style of the past. 

Top 12 Prettiest Historical K-Dramas Spot That Makes You Want To Visit Korea ASAP

Top 12 Prettiest Historical K-Dramas Spot That Makes You Want To Visit Korea ASAP

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-12-prettiest-historical-k-dramas-spot-that-makes-you-want-to-visit-korea-asap/

*** The triplets have grown up so much! On episode of MBC's 'Radio Star' aired yesterday,  November 16th, Song Ilkook guested and shared some interesting and funny talks about his life. He shared an update on his sons' growth and said, "The triplet is in the fourth grade of elementary school now. They're 160cm in height".  The show then released a recent photo of the siblings, showing the three brothers that have grown up so much now with their long arms and legs while maintaining their cute and young faces from when they were babies. Regarding the walkie-talkie on their necks in the photo, he explained, "The children don't have a cell phone. We don't have any plans to buy them a cell phone yet. The three are friends, so they are playing well with each other. I don't think I feel the need just yet."  The personalities of the triplets, the "reliable eldest son" Daehan, "cutie" Minguk, and "free Soul" Manse, are also still the same according to his father. He shared, "Daehan is a military enthusiast. He also already has a girlfriend. Minguk is way above me." He told a hilarious anecdote, "Minguk told me I have a lot of gray hair, so I said it was because of you guys always making trouble, and he said 'That's why grandmother also has a lot of gray hair'," showing his incredible humor even at a young age. Lastly, he remarked, "Manse is still a troublemaker."    :Megalol:

20221117_030401_423_lets2.jpeg

[SBS Star] "They Are All Around 160cm and..." Song Il Kook Gives an Update on the Triplets' Lives

[SBS Star] "They Are All Around 160cm and..." Song Il Kook Gives an Update on the Triplets Lives

Actor Song Il Kook gave an update on his twins―Daehan, Minguk and Manse's lives.  On November 16 episode of MBC's television show 'Radio Star', Song Il Kook made a guest appearance.  During the conversation, Song Il Kook was asked how the triplets were doing these days.  Song Il Kook answered, "Well, they're in the fourth grade of elementary school now. They wear 265mm shoes and are around 160cm. Recently, they've become a bit of rebels. Daehan is the most rebellious one. They're all still unique in their own ways though. Daehan is currently obsessed with the military. He also has a girlfriend."  He resumed, "It's not easy to handle Minguk. When he tells me that I have lots of gray hair, I tell him that it's because you guys don't listen to me. Then, he's like, 'Oh, that's why grandma has so many gray hairs And Manse's just a troublemaker. He is curious about everything. I think he took it after me." 

Song triplets

Song triplets

Afterwards, Song Il Kook revealed that Daehan, Minguk and Manse still eat a great amount of food like they used to when they were younger.  The actor stated, "When they were like three, each of them could already finish off a plate of dumplings by themselves. They can eat a whole large pizza by oneself now. They eat a lot."  He laughingly continued,

"Some time ago, I had to lose some weight for my role in a musical. I had a single sweet potato and banana per meal. My kids followed me around with food in their hands and teased me with it." 

Spoiler

Song triplets

Daehan, Minguk and Manse gained popularity when they featured in KBS' reality show 'The Return of Superman' from 2014 until 2016.

(Credit= KBS The Return of Superman, MBC Radio Star)

(SBS Star) 

• 3 weeks later...

*** Song Il-kook hilariously said that his son, Daehan, scolded him for spilling that he has a girlfriend during his recent broadcast appearance. Recently, he sat down for a press interview to talk about his musical 'Broadway 42nd Street'. During the interview, he talked about his triplets―Daehan, Minguk, and Manse. He jokingly said, "I think people no longer try to cast me because my image as the triplets father' became too strong."  He recently guested in 'Radio Star' and said that Daehan has a girlfriend. "His girlfriend goes to the same school as Daehan."  He said, "Daehan scolded me for revealing that he has a girlfriend on broadcast".   :kaching3:

201725849_1280.jpg

photo source : SBS Star

• 1 month later...

*** Song Il Kook gave an update on the Song triplets―Daehan, Minguk and Manse's lives On January 13.  He sat down for an interview with one magazine. During the interview, the interviewer asked him, "How are your three boys doing? Since you married a judge, I feel like they'll all be good at studying. Is that right?" Song Il Kook answered, "Well, Daehan is really good at studying, actually. I don't think he is as good at it as my wife though. He goes to one afterschool academy, and it's to study math. His math teacher from the afterschool academy told us that we should get Daehan to take the gifted and talented test. So, my wife asked him to take the test, but he said he didn't want to. We didn't want to force him to take the test, so we left it there for now. Each of them is very different. I think Minguk has the best linguistic ability, and Manse is the most emotional. He takes good care of people around, and he's also considerate of others. Daehan doesn't even look me in the eye. But he is the smartest one out of them." Then, Song Il Kook was asked if any of them dream of becoming an actor like him. Song Il Kook responded, "Umm... I don't know yet. If they say that they want to become one, then I won't stop them. But I'll definitely warn them. It's not an easy path to walk on. This career is filled with charms, but you will also face many difficulties."   :heart:

201742105_1280.jpg

201742106_1280.jpg

201742107_1280.jpg

Credit= 'songilkook' Instagram)  (SBS Star)

• 2 months later...

*** Yesterday, March 28 episode of SBS' television show 'Four Men', Song Il Kook made a guest appearance. During the talk, the host Lee Sang-min asked him how the Song triplets were doing. He answered, "They're doing great. They're in the fifth grade of elementary school now, and their foot size is as big as 270mm." Then he added that he is worried about the cost of food because they all eat so much, "Each of them finishes off a large-sized pizza. So, my wife and I never even considered buying them Korean beef, because we knew it would be too expensive. Recently though, my wife took the kids to a barbecue restaurant, and she ordered a small amount of Korean beef on the side. When Daehan had it, he commented, 'Mom, what kind of meat is this? It's amazing!' My wife realized what she had done, and was like, 'Oh, oh. It's just some tasty meat, that's all. The last time I was on a show, I spoke about Daehan's love life." He admitted that the exposure of his son Daehan's love life on television cost him a lot of trouble. He complained, "Whenever I ask him to take photos with me, he would make faces as if he doesn't want to take photos together. But when he takes pictures with his girlfriend, he makes this happiest smile that I've never seen in my life!"  :Megalol:

201766820_1280.webp

201766819_700.webp

201766818_700.webp

source : (SBS Star)

• 2 weeks later...

*** The triplet are so big now and they’re all grown up!  Recently, we got another update on the twins, now eleven years old and near the beginning of their teenage years! A post titled “Triplets giving a congratulatory speech at a ‘Return of Superman’ scriptwriter’s wedding” began circulating online. In a short clip, Daehan, Minguk, and Manse are shown bowing to the guests. They're now in 5th grade, introduced themselves to the audience and looked all grown-up in their matching tuxedos!   :wut:

source : Koreaboo

• 11 months later...

*** On March 9th, a post titled “240309 Triplets’ Greeting Video” was uploaded on the online community DC Inside’s The Return of Superman gallery. The post contains a video of the triplets, who have grown up quickly, expressing gratitude to the fans celebrating their upcoming birthday on March 16th. The triplets said, “Thank you for celebrating our birthday.” I was surprised that their voices have deepened with puberty. And the triplets still dress alike, just like when they were little. That’s so cute. The video spread on X. It’s funny that they still wear twin looks.   :Megalol:  :coolshades: