[Drama 2021-2022] Love Twist/Twists of Love, 사랑의 꽈배기 - Mon - Fri @ 19:50 KST

0ly40

On 2/10/2022 at 11:24 PM, Legslo said:

I agree, the sashimi scene where he stumbled over OH and HO's names and that ring with HO's name, asking OH to read it backwards (top comedy btw :lol:) pretty much shows it. I wonder why this drama doesn't have slap scenes, instead the characters upend food items on others. No complains though, it was pretty satisfying to see KN suffering from the hot sauce all over his face :lol:

8 hours ago, Min Mcgonagall said:

Lol! I agree!! He can't really make up excuses when he's put on the spot like that! And poor him, cause if he's thinking OH is going to ever be the same with him, he's in for a rude awakening.

Yeah I went back to rewatch that sashimi scene. haha  It’s so funny and entertaining.   At first there is KN’s terror seeing OH with a knife in the dark, and then, after a couple of drinks, he becomes so jovial that he couldn’t see OH’s murderous expression and says “You must want to get frisky…. since my parents are away” lol   Yeah the writer knows such a husband with an immature head exists not just in daily but in the real world too.  hehe :dizzy::sweat_smile:

So true about KN. I have to think at the end KN will lose his company and both OH and HO, and he has to  work for OH. haha

Btw at least KN, Dong Man and KJ can generate such good weird comical scenes.  I feel at the end they might earn a redemption card from me.hehe:tounge_xd:  

OsIo6Ew.jpg

http://www.idsn.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=61142

GaW2thI.jpg

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20211230092519280

((Cheering for Olympic)) IG video clip;
<Love Twist> Ham Eun-jung and Kim Jin-yeop support the Korean national team players!   Olympics with KBS, together

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZjEBoelHLO/

hm6dCPO.png

cr to DC

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

I don't remember seeing either FL or ML in other shows. 
I like her acting. Her face, her eyes and her whole body are so expressive, they show as if a knife is twisted into her with every word HR says about the pregnant YA. Also at other times, when her mum told her that HR was her father's son, then he was not. Absolutely, heartbreaking when she cried to him not to runaway. 

I think if she were less convincing, I wouldn't want her to end up with him. Leave her by all means but pushing a pregnant woman into her face. So humiliating. I would have gone ballistic. Get a better guy.

• Like 5

@Aureaa

Imo it's definitely worth trying! Here are some things I like about this drama ^_^

(Might contain some spoilers)

- The leads

Male lead refuses to acknowledge his bio mother who abandoned him when he was young. None of the 'oh but she was the one who gave birth to me' sentiment.

Female lead is down-to-earth and follows her desires regardless of what others think or say.

- Romance

Main couple's romance is cute and believable. Both had a crush on the other ever since they were young. I have watched other dailies where the leads get married within a few days of meeting each other which I find quite unbelievable

- Pacing

I would say the pacing is just right for me. Before the time jump happens the story progresses more slowly which is understandable since the relationships and characterisation need to be established first. After the time jump is when the pace starts to pick up and the story unfolds quickly from then on. 

- Comedy

There are many funny moments which can be quite unexpected! I find these moments well integrated into the plot. They provide comic relief but don't take away from the serious tone of the drama

- Characterisation 

Imo all the characters are fleshed out pretty well. There are characters who make my blood boil just from looking at them and then there are characters whom my heart aches for. 

Just a note that it starts off lighthearted at first (like shown in the trailer) but gets more and more serious. 

Now's a good time to catch up too :) It will resume airing next week onwards and the story is getting exciting 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, maribella said:

I like her acting. Her face, her eyes and her whole body are so expressive, they show as if a knife is twisted into her with every word HR said about the pregnant YA. Also at other times, when her mum told her that HR was her father's son, then he was not. Absolutely, heartbreaking when she cried to him not to runaway. 

I think if she were less convincing, I wouldn't want her to end up with him. Leave her by all means but pushing a pregnant woman into her face. So humiliating. I would have gone ballistic. Get a better guy.

The female lead was in Be My Dream Family

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

On 2/13/2022 at 5:21 AM, booha said:

Yeah I went back to rewatch that sashimi scene. haha  It’s so funny and entertaining.   At first there is KN’s terror seeing OH with a knife in the dark, and then, after a couple of drinks, he becomes so jovial that he couldn’t see OH’s murderous expression and says “You must want to get frisky…. since my parents are away” lol   Yeah the writer knows such a husband with an immature head exists not just in daily but in the real world too.  hehe :dizzy::sweat_smile:

So true about KN. I have to think at the end KN will lose his company and both OH and HO, and he has to  work for OH. haha

Btw at least KN, Dong Man and KJ can generate such good weird comical scenes.  I feel at the end they might earn a redemption card from me.hehe:tounge_xd:  

Lol! I had to watch that scene a couple of times bc it was hilarious! I love the actress who plays OH and that scene was great! She calculated the whole thing and didn't give her husband a chance to even get away. And when he actually thought about HO's suggestion about them 'sharing' their love and told OH...LOL! 

I really want KN to have to work for OH. Bc he took her for granted...though it's absurd how for him, OH was the one who gave up on their marriage...no responsibility... So, I'll love for him to learn some of that.

• Like 6

On 2/9/2022 at 6:04 AM, UnniSarah said:

Does everyone remember, the sonogram of So Ri that was put in HR’s books?? how many of you believe Ha Ru will end up getting the same book later on in the drama, which will make HR very upset??? He will hate the elders even more.

I was thinking of the same thing when I rewatch the drama these past few days. I believe the book will pop up eventually since it's an open story that could have many scenarios to what happened to it since the book is already gone by the time SR goes back, meaning anyone who went back to that place before SR did could have taken that book. It could be either HR or YA since they were packing the place.

On 2/10/2022 at 6:20 PM, Legslo said:

On the side note, I went to check out the plot of the book and it was about a young couple who fell in love but eventually separated. The heroine went on to marry some other guy who later cheated on her and the male lead had a rags-to-riches story arch. SR and HR's story is quite similar to theirs in these aspects but in the book the couple only reunited fifty years later when the other guy died so I hope the writer doesn't give SR and HR a similar ending as in the book :(

Oh thats so sad, I hope we will get a happy ending instead. What was the name of the book? I kinda want to read it.

6 hours ago, maribella said:

I like her acting. Her face, her eyes and her whole body are so expressive, they show as if a knife is twisted into her with every word HR says about the pregnant YA. Also at other times, when her mum told her that HR was her father's son, then he was not. Absolutely, heartbreaking when she cried to him not to runaway. 

The female lead actually had acted in quite a number of dramas. Dream high, coffee house, queen insoo, endless love, love on the rooftop, all kind of daughters-in-law, lovely horribly and the most recent one, be my dream family. She is actually a child actress too. 

Edited by SBoramie
  • Like 6
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, SBoramie said:

The female lead actually had acted in quite a number of dramas. Dream high, coffee house, queen insoo, endless love, love on the rooftop, all kind of daughters-in-law, lovely horribly and the most recent one, be my dream family. She is actually a child actress too. 

And I had not watched any of those. 
Coffee house maybe? It's the one with the Goong actress in it?

I tried to watch Dream high which I vaguely remember had a high school theme. Not sure why I dropped it. I plan to look-see my dream family. 
Thanks.

• Like 4

On 2/14/2022 at 8:31 AM, TheQueenReturns said:

The female lead was in Be My Dream Family

On 2/14/2022 at 6:16 AM, maribella said:

don't remember seeing either FL or ML in other shows. 

ML had supporting role in Beautiful Love Wonderful Life.  He also can sing! 

looking forward to the drama being back on air.  

• Like 6

On 2/14/2022 at 7:16 PM, maribella said:

The female lead is Ham Eunjung ..a child actress turn idol that was trained for 3 yrs to be a supposed to be 5 member all visual ballad group  t-ara by Cj  departnment mnet media but due to some changes of plan along with another 2 trainee who one is also a model child actress they were formed to be a group called T-ara  with 6 members ( u can search the grp and they were kinda top grp of their generation) ..while being a singer idol,eunjung keep doing dramas even she was kinda busy being a singer idol, i highly recomment dream high...coffee house...all kinds of daughter in law  and dream family  for u to see how wide her range as an actress is ..she really is one of those top idol that knets really cant deny her talent as a good actress

On 2/15/2022 at 7:07 AM, maribella said:

I tried to watch Dream high which I vaguely remember had a high school theme. Not sure why I dropped it. I plan to look-see my dream family. 
Thanks.

The coffee house is different of the one with yoon eunhye on it ..that drama with gong actress is coffee prince hahha

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jmaejmae said:

The female lead is Ham Eunjung ..a child actress turn idol that was trained for 3 yrs to be a supposed to be 5 member all visual ballad group  t-ara by Cj  departnment mnet media but due to some changes of plan along with another 2 trainee who one is also a model child actress they were formed to be a group called T-ara  with 6 members ( u can search the grp and they were kinda top grp of their generation) ..while being a singer idol,eunjung keep doing dramas even she was kinda busy being a singer idol, i highly recomment dream high...coffee house...all kinds of daughter in law  and dream family  for u to see how wide her range as an actress is ..she really is one of those top idol that knets really cant deny her talent as a good actress

The coffee house is different of the one with yoon eunhye on it ..that drama with gong actress is coffee prince hahha

Thank you for the info. The only dream  family is Be my dream family and she is nowhere in ep 1. Should I continue watching? I don't particularly any of the characters now.

Coffee prince coffee house, why can't they be more original? There are two different shows with the title while you were sleeping.

2 hours ago, mizv said:

ML had supporting role in Beautiful Love Wonderful Life.  He also can sing! 

Thank you. I thought I had watched wonderful life. He wasn't an idol?

I have watched a few episodes of Ghost doctor. Rain looks quite his 39 years.  I quite like it so far. The good thing is there are only 16 episodes. 

• Like 3

Found the making of the sashimi scene  which shows OH dumping the hot chilly pepper sauce on KN.  It seems they made it in one shot.  I’m sure KN was happy he only had to wash off the sauce  once. I wonder how many times they had to practice for it. :blush: ((If someone missed, it’s from EP12(at the end) to EP13)) 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYPxv3rBu3q/

ZK3mFXG.png

"4 more days of drought to go"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaE-7ZHBWrS/

blTJ1FE.png

"lunch on set shooting day"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaDkf1qv1-0/

WJtLXXH.png

On 2/14/2022 at 11:43 AM, SBoramie said:

Oh thats so sad, I hope we will get a happy ending instead. What was the name of the book? I kinda want to read it.

The book is “Love in the Time of Cholera”(by Gabriel García Márquez, a Nobel prize winner; his other famous “One Hundred Years of Solitude”:thumbsup::thumbsup:)
(from wiki) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel_García_Márquez

“His works have achieved significant critical acclaim and widespread commercial success, most notably for popularizing a literary style known as magic realism, which uses magical elements and events in otherwise ordinary and realistic situations.”

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

16 hours ago, maribella said:

Thank you for the info. The only dream  family is Be my dream family and she is nowhere in ep 1. Should I continue watching? I don't particularly any of the characters now.

be my dream family is more like a weekend drama and very close to feel to five enough. they share the same PD and so there is the same kind of vibe. it has a bit of slow build but then gets interesting. there are multiple couples and story arcs and each get equal time and prominence. unlike this weird drama, be my dream family is much more realistic in terms of conflict and there are no villains. just normal people with flaws and learning to be better. it is a very positive drama with a more optimistic outlook. it isn't just about romance and covers many themes which you don't necessarily see in other dramas. really did enjoy it and would recommend it. one of those lovely family dramas.

really liked the arc of the actress (the FL in this drama). it is very different character from this one and I felt she was just more natural and effortless. even though it was a slow burn, I also enjoyed the romantic arc that she had and found it sweet. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

be my dream family is more like a weekend drama and very close to feel to five enough. they share the same PD and so there is the same kind of vibe. it has a bit of slow build but then gets interesting. there are multiple couples and story arcs and each get equal time and prominence. unlike this weird drama, be my dream family is much more realistic in terms of conflict and there are no villains. just normal people with flaws and learning to be better. it is a very positive drama with a more optimistic outlook. it isn't just about romance and covers many themes which you don't necessarily see in other dramas. really did enjoy it and would recommend it. one of those lovely family dramas.

really liked the arc of the actress (the FL in this drama). it is very different character from this one and I felt she was just more natural and effortless. even though it was a slow burn, I also enjoyed the romantic arc that she had and found it sweet. 

Eunjung really flexible i doing any role ..in dream family she's  on her short hair and she really trained to do judo just for this role hahha 

• Like 6

On 2/15/2022 at 7:07 AM, maribella said:

Thanks.

On 2/17/2022 at 8:21 PM, jmaejmae said:

Like what @jmaejmae said, the FL Hahm Eunjung was in coffee house and the actress who acted in Goong, Yoon Eunhye was in another drama called coffee prince. Yep, you got that right regarding Dream High. It is a drama centered around high school students' whose dreams is to become a k-pop idol. There's a sequel with an entirely different cast but personally I like the first story more as it is more focused on the characters achieving their goals. 

13 hours ago, booha said:

Found the making of the sashimi scene  which shows OH dumping the hot chilly pepper sauce on KN.  It seems they made it in one shot.  I’m sure KN was happy he only had to wash off the sauce  once. I wonder how many times they had to practice for it. :blush: ((If someone missed, it’s from EP12(at the end) to EP13)) 

The book is “Love in the Time of Cholera”(by Gabriel García Márquez, a Nobel prize winner; his other famous “One Hundred Years of Solitude”)
(from wiki) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel_García_Márquez

“His works have achieved significant critical acclaim and widespread commercial success, most notably for popularizing a literary style known as magic realism, which uses magical elements and events in otherwise ordinary and realistic situations.”

Thanks for the book's information. I think the actor, Yoon Dahoon must be thanking his lucky stars that he only had to go through it once LOL. Anyway, the guy in black and yellow shirt, what was he doing? Is he like a prompter to guide what the actresses/actors supposed to do next?  

On 2/17/2022 at 10:09 PM, maribella said:

FL will appear from episode 3 onwards in Be my Dream Family. I think you should continue watching it. I was watching it for the FL too but gradually fell in love with all the other casts in this drama. Easily one of my favorite family drama without the makjang aspect and just a heartwarming drama with a lot of character growth. I also love how all of the cast still kept in contact and posting pics of them hanging out with each other on their instagram even though the drama has already ended last year. One of the actor, Ryujin has posted a BTS video of the filming and the FL was crying at the end cus she didn't want the drama to end haha. Just a heads up, the video is kinda a spoiler. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CUfFtxXFyE_/

Edited by SBoramie
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Excited finally tomorrow will get to resume watchng this drama ...so far they were halfway done in shooting this drama as i saw one update they were holding eps 51 to 54 script already hehe 

Anyhow while waiting for tomorrow episode lets enjoy eunjung ( female lead aka sori?  latest upload on her channel

• Like 7

On 2/18/2022 at 10:28 AM, SBoramie said:

Thanks for the book's information. I think the actor, Yoon Dahoon must be thanking his lucky stars that he only had to go through it once LOL. Anyway, the guy in black and yellow shirt, what was he doing? Is he like a prompter to guide what the actresses/actors supposed to do next? 

Yes the man with a yellow marker is the scene coordinator.  He makes sure there will be no miscalculation when the hot sauce is going to drop.  I can see he gives a hand signal like OH picking up the hot sauce and a knife. Then he smiled as he turned around for a towel.  It’s such a fun scene for everybody except KN.  :tounge_xd:

"(2/18) Kim Jin-yeop is heading to the KBS annex for the recording of KBS 2TV  'Love Twist'"

ac7uzoO.jpg

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202202181535185510

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

10 hours ago, jmaejmae said:

Anyhow while waiting for tomorrow episode lets enjoy eunjung ( female lead aka sori?  latest upload on her channel

I have been replaying her song cover ever since she uploaded it ~ Really comforting and good to listen during a rainy day. 

8 hours ago, booha said:

Yes the man with a yellow marker is the scene coordinator.  He makes sure there will be no miscalculation when the hot sauce is going to drop.  I can see he gives a hand signal like OH picking up the hot sauce and a knife. Then he smiled as he turned around for a towel.  It’s such a fun scene for everybody except KN.  :tounge_xd:

hahaha, it must be so fun for sure, I can hear people laughing at the end too:joy:

15 hours ago, jmaejmae said:

Excited finally tomorrow will get to resume watchng this drama ...so far they were halfway done in shooting this drama as i saw one update they were holding eps 51 to 54 script already hehe 

Yep, according to the IG post of the child actor, Kim Raon whose acting as Wonbyul, they were already filming episodes 51-52 three days ago. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaEHfm9vThU/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

And yesss, finally we will get new episode tomorrow!! 

Excited Season 7 GIF by The Office

• Like 2
  • Blob 1