[ Mainland Chinese Drama 2023] Till The End Of The Moon 长月烬明

bluehibiscus

3 hours ago, bluesunny3 said:

To stop the temptation of watching ep 36, I’ve rewatched some of my favorite scenes. My 2 favorite scenes is the dance sequence in ep 8 where TTJ makes YXW dance for him and during the dream arc in episode 13, where MY is teaching SJ sword fighting skills. I laugh every time at the part when he told her to repeat the moves and she does it so ungracefully. *sigh*

just curious what everyone else’s favorite scenes are? Gonna go do a lot of rewatching past episodes

My favorite scenes are the following:

1. Ming Ye tying up demonic Sang Jie in an attempt to save her by giving his divine essence and not knowing this isn't going to work. Nice CGI, acting and dialogue.

2. YSW extracting the evil bone from TTJ and exchanging her divine essence. Basically a reverse of my No. 1, except that YSW hated TTJ to the core. 

3. The true memory of LSS being seen by the immortal sects. Finally the sacrifice she did for them in known by all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bojun said:

My favorite scenes are the following:

1. Ming Ye tying up demonic Sang Jie in an attempt to save her by giving his divine essence and not knowing this isn't going to work. Nice CGI, acting and dialogue.

2. YSW extracting the evil bone from TTJ and exchanging her divine essence. Basically a reverse of my No. 1, except that YSW hated TTJ to the core. 

3. The true memory of LSS being seen by the immortal sects. Finally the sacrifice she did for them in known by all.

you like all the traumatic scenes. Lol. I can’t rewatch those because I’ll be a hot mess:tears:

• Like 1

I like these scenes when MingYe was blind, and Sang Jiu was taking care of him, especially when MingYe recovered his eyesight and saw Sang Jiu in the mirror … she blowing his eyes, etc.  … all so sweet. The makeup and their expressions were so natural.

• Like 2

On 5/3/2023 at 4:02 PM, bluesunny3 said:

We were all robbed! 

I now think this should be a joke motto of this and many other dramas that were drastically chopped :D.  

8 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Gets me to thinking, LYX and Bailu have great chemistry because Bailu allowed and respected LYX to do his best.... other actresses were probably more guarded with LYX hence they did not show much chemistry in their dramas....  Bailu is just great with her male leads and LYX is just her best partner... :wub:... 

I count seconds before Xu Kai fans come and slaughter you to death here, hehe (just kidding:D)

9 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

some of my favorite scenes

So far can't state the whole list, but I was really impressed by TTJ during wedding slaughter scene. That was really intense, and the thing that he didn't harm YSW was the first real sign she already has a special place in his heart he is yet to realize himself. And amazingly performed by Leo:wub:.

BTW, want to share some personal experience related to TTEOTM, that made me realize that in general the whole "crazy fans go extreme" matter is really nasty

Spoiler

I follow one Cdrama blogger on YT. Today he shared a story that scripted scenes of 2nd leads were cut already during filming, and overall after post-production their screen time was reduced as well. This, according to the blogger, was revealed by one of the scriptwriters, whos job was to write mostly for Deng Wei's character. So the blogger asked his audience for their opinion on the matter.

So I wrote I was expecting more story for DW's character since the production introduced him as 2ML. However during post production the creators obviously needed to cut 16 episodes and they certainly could do it only by cutting out secondary characters to minimize the cuts of lead couple, so its understandable. I also said I liked Xiao Lin's character and shedded tears for the first time during the drama when he died.

Almost immediately I was attacked by some crazy people. They claimed I came here specially to target LYX and his work in favor of Deng Wei (??!!), that DW can't act as good as Leo, that DW is even worse then 3nd ML , that this controversy itself is planned to target Leo, that I'm full of negativity and clearly came here to harm Leo and HIS (?!) drama ... and so on.

I was quite in shock actually:crazy:. Those people are really crazy and paranoid. They clearly just see what they WANT to see and nothing more, imagining things that were never said or meant))). 

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, leo2020 said:

I count seconds before Xu Kai fans come and slaughter you to death here, hehe (just kidding:D)

Reveal hidden contents

I follow one Cdrama blogger on YT. Today he shared a story that scripted scenes of 2nd leads were cut already during filming, and overall after post-production their screen time was reduced as well. This, according to the blogger, was revealed by one of the scriptwriters, whos job was to write mostly for Deng Wei's character. So the blogger asked his audience for their opinion on the matter.

So I wrote I was expecting more story for DW's character since the production introduced him as 2ML. However during post production the creators obviously needed to cut 16 episodes and they certainly could do it only by cutting out secondary characters to minimize the cuts of lead couple, so its understandable. I also said I liked Xiao Lin's character and shedded tears for the first time during the drama when he died.

Almost immediately I was attacked by some crazy people. They claimed I came here specially to target LYX and his work in favor of Deng Wei (??!!), that DW can't act as good as Leo, that DW is even worse then 3nd ML , that this controversy itself is planned to target Leo, that I'm full of negativity and clearly came here to harm Leo and HIS (?!) drama ... and so on.

I was quite in shock actually:crazy:. Those people are really crazy and paranoid. They clearly just see what they WANT to see and nothing more, imagining things that were never said or meant))). 

I have read about the Bailu x Xu Kai saga but i havent watched that drama yet. I tried that military drama but i couldnt finish it, somehow... 

By the time i know Bailu, it was though her work with Leo, Love Is Sweet, and i somehow read that Bailu told Leo of her struggles (perhaps due to XuKai's issue) and because of Leo's advise and was  comforted by him. LIS was a drama that healed her, she said and she extremely valued Leo's friendship and as a mentor. We all can see how great they are at the film ending, both carried each other, both very happy to work with each other and during their interviews, they were happy to colloborate again, hence we have this #TTEOTM... im not sure whose fans were against it but i did remember some fans were against this ship... crazy people...

I read with joy when both of them were awarded Iqiyi's best actor and actress for that year. Bailu laughing with joy while Leo thought it was prank (award was given out separately due to covid restrictions, and away from filming... 

Im sure we will have more colloboration between these two, yay!

The the last part of your YT experience didnt you sign your name as Leo? They didnt get the hint that youre Yuanxi's fan? Hahah...

The actor who acted as Xiao Lin seemed a newbie, and still restrained in expression. The spirit fox lady is more natural than him, for sure.:D

17 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

im not sure whose fans were against it but i did remember some fans were against this ship... crazy people...

Personally I'll gladly ship any sweet onscreen couple, but just for fun (unless the actors go official and announce they are dating). I wish people won't go crazy other such things. And thanks for sharing the info re Leo and Bai Lu, always good to have someone who supports you and has your back, especially in this nasty showbiz.

24 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

The the last part of your YT experience didnt you sign your name as Leo? They didnt get the hint that youre Yuanxi's fan? Hahah...

Nope, I have a different nickname there). But I haven't even mentioned Leo in my post to begin with))).  

26 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

The actor who acted as Xiao Lin seemed a newbie, and still restrained in expression. The spirit fox lady is more natural than him, for sure.:D

Yep, he is a newcomer and obviously has a lot to learn. I first noticed him in Miss The Dragon, than he was among supporting cast  in some other dramas, including recent Chong Zi. And yes,  the fox girl is more natural so far). But I liked both of them, and striking general Ye as well:wub:.

Where is episode 37? The previous days the latest episode would have been uploaded over an hour ago. :sad1: 

Hmmm was just reading Bai Lu's wiki page, and it said there will be TTEOTM Season 2.

Is this true?

11 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Personally I'll gladly ship any sweet onscreen couple, but just for fun (unless the actors go official and announce they are dating). I wish people won't go crazy other such things. And thanks for sharing the info re Leo and Bai Lu, always good to have someone who supports you and has your back, especially in this nasty showbiz.

Nope, I have a different nickname there). But I haven't even mentioned Leo in my post to begin with))).  

Yep, he is a newcomer and obviously has a lot to learn. I first noticed him in Miss The Dragon, than he was among supporting cast  in some other dramas, including recent Chong Zi. And yes,  the fox girl is more natural so far). But I liked both of them, and striking general Ye as well:wub:.

Indeed, when fandom is a crazy lot.. even actors and actresses have to apologise for something minor, things that happened years ago to appease certain section of that crazy fandom... hint hint*

If u cant stand the comments in YT, imagine those fans who bombarded actors/singers of certain things until they have to be lay low or got cancelled... the power of crazy fans... sigh... showbiz is not for those with weak stomach, hehhee...

Im still watching LIS:D

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

12 hours ago, leo2020 said:

I now think this should be a joke motto of this and many other dramas that were drastically chopped :D.  

So far can't state the whole list, but I was really impressed by TTJ during wedding slaughter scene. That was really intense, and the thing that he didn't harm YSW was the first real sign she already has a special place in his heart he is yet to realize himself. And amazingly performed by Leo:wub:.

BTW, want to share some personal experience related to TTEOTM, that made me realize that in general the whole "crazy fans go extreme" matter is really nasty

Hide contents

This is insane! I’m all for liking and supporting an actor but seriously, some people are just overly obsessed. All the 2nd and 3rd lead actors and actresses were great. I especially really like Eddy Geng who plays YQY. It’s just too bad a lot of his scenes were cut. We all know LYX is amazing, but there’s room in the industry. It’s okay to let other people shine too and it doesn’t take away from LYX talent or star power….and I’m saying this as a huge LYX fan.  I’m particularly interested in what’s in store for Deng Wei and Sun Zhen Ni. They played their characters so well.

6 hours ago, Bojun said:

Hmmm was just reading Bai Lu's wiki page, and it said there will be TTEOTM Season 2.

Is this true?

I don’t think so. It’s rare for a cdrama to have a second season. Unless there is a second novel, I don’t see it happening.

• Like 1

Watched ep 36... ok...yes, not so bad as what i read... the deed had to be done...

Hoping LSS will continue to trust TTj/CJM...  and i am curious why is there another devil wedding and is that when their supposed daughter was conceived? If she ever be shown in this drama... 

All the fluff at ep35... sigh...

While LYx is busy filming another drama, why is Bailu active in shows which are not drama i wonder? Seemed like Leo is booked for the whole year, 4 dramas in a year... crazy schedule... and he is handsome and all  but a bit of weight wouldnt harm so much. Im still amazed the fact that he can carry female actresses with that small body of his.. hehe

• Shocked 1

My sister from the Philippines said TTEOTM is in Netflix there, and currently have 8 episodes. 
Not here in Australia though, so looks like Netflix is only showing it in selected markets.

• Blob 1

3 hours ago, Bojun said:

My sister from the Philippines said TTEOTM is in Netflix there, and currently have 8 episodes. 
Not here in Australia though, so looks like Netflix is only showing it in selected markets.

Yes, it is.

I just saw it today and I was grinning.

It's late, not up to date but I rewatched some.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bojun said:

Not here on Netflix in the US either:( 

I would be so happy if it was!!!! I would love it if they had the full 50+ episodes!

• Like 1

So read snippets of people saying about the ending... and saw some future scenes as well... so devil god wanted to get married, hence LSS was to be brought to the evil realm...

he/ttj/cjm has a plan, somehow to ruin another of their wedding, haha... there he will force LSS to kill him, somehow.... okay okay  before that, pls consumate the wedding first! We want that daughter of yours!!! We want happy ending to the 500 years of your sufferings!...  but dont want another evil baby mark or something okkkkkayyyyy... sighhhh

Our frusturations, our hope ... at least this 40 episode drama ends in what, 3/4weeks time?.. while Korean drama with 16 epiosdes ends in 8 weeks time (me and watching Romantic Teacher Kim, S3), so yay for China drama for ending fast.. hahah

• Like 1

Sigh.. so much toxic comments, yet because this post was about #TTEOTM, more anti-fan came out to show their fangs... and receives more comments than any other post that she made... whats for sure, both antis and fans are watching it, and bothered to make comments, increasing traffic... hahha

https://koalasplayground.com/2023/05/05/till-the-end-of-the-moon-heads-into-final-episodes-with-douban-ratings-dropped-to-5-6-strongly-held-conflicting-reviews/

Indeed, its as if people are watching two different dramas, i normally dont watch xianxia dramas coz i couldnt get past a few episodes, (normally how main leads act) but this drama was fast paced in the beginning and i liked it.. maybe because i love both leads yet it doesnt explain why im not watching their other shows which were deemed popular (eg i didnt like bailu's military arsenal, one and only or something, i just watched the modern version and wasnt impressed by it.. slow moving, draggy? and i watch it coz i didnt have other shows to watch.... and LYX's other modern dramas, after LIS, i didnt watch any of it, haha)...

So what is the problem? Show is very popular in rankings and stuff right, only that Douban ratings... wasnt the market share was nearly 29% already earlier this week?....  why is Douban ratings deemed important? If the whole of china is watching  and international fans are going/has watched  via Netflix something good has happened right??... 

We shall see more data when the drama ends on Tuesday, jiayou #TTEOTM....

happy ending please!!! And an announcement of their third collobaration pls... something like Mr and Mrs Smith vibes seemed to be something that they want to work on.... :wub:... that would meam another 2 years to air the drama if any... :D

---

Rewatched ep9... so, the episode when YXW exchange her eyes with TTJ..

Mingye-sangjun lived 10k years ago... when the Devil God was imprisoned? And Mingye and Sangjun sad story was forged...

TTJ and YXW - 10,000 years - give or take... 

CJM and LSS - 10,500 years ago... going bk to the past to correct ^history^ and the current present...

Saw ep38, urgh.. some editing problem.. 

LsS running in the cave in ep37 and didnt come out until ep38! Ha... i was so hoping that she would find CJM, but nope... not until he is half devil, with CJM's consciousness, that she ^found^ him... and that was because he saved her from her useless biological father... sigh....

But yeah.. building to the final episodes.. its funny how he could jus take the artifects so easily if he wanted to, yet Bitcheng had to do it for him, kinda... and he took that last artifect so easily from JW... JW is a dolt!... in this scenario, CJM/Devil God was still nice to him, just like when he was Jing Emperor and trying to unite the country without blood bath... it seemed obvious CJM/Devil God could kill JW easily if he wants to...  but he is too busy thinking of ways of trying to kill himself/the Devil God to save the world... than to kill JW... 

Yeah, LSS's arrival to the Devil Palace was spot on...and ep38, had to end there! Urgh... cant wait to watch ep39!!!

Overall  after rewatching earlier episodes, LSS failed in her mission coz she only wanted to protect TTJ

And MDL comments reached 50k tonight on #TTEOTM thread... hehe, i could have been the 50k'th commentor, but nah....  haha

• Like 1

Just watched ep 37, and glad to she that LSS didn’t believe that Jiumin killed his adoptive father.

Ming Ye talking to Jiumin in the Heart Protecting Scale answered a question that has been bugging me since the Bo’re dream. I thought Ming Ye was the past life of Jiumin but it turned out they are different person.

It was a sad ending for the two demon generals, especially for Si Ying, as the Demon God in Di Mian’s body absorbed their demonic essence. Jing Mie throwing the doll representing Si Ying had a nice dramatic effect, but it was useless in the end. 

I wonder who saved Jiumin from the immortal sect’s trap. I thought it was LSS because of the red color. I started ep 38, but so far it hasn’t shown who saved him.