Jung Kyung Ho 정경호

larus

Jung Kyung-ho 'I'm ashamed of Nara Oh's storm praise~'

DNF6LC4C4ADJVUAILWBWJZ24DI.jpg

Actors Jung Kyung-ho and Oh Na-ra are greeting at the production briefing of the movie 'Apkujeong' held at Yongsan CGV on the 17th. 'Apkujeong' tells the story of Daeguk (Ma Dong-seok), a native of Apgujeong, who is alive with a flamboyant business idea, and Ji-woo (Jung Kyung-ho), a talented plastic surgeon, who became the founder of K-beauty.

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/enter_general/2022/11/17/2BTCBG5YLVNH5VI6NIC5WXHEYA/

Jung Kyung-ho, 'A man with a nice smile'

03.31842037.1.jpg

Actor Jung Kyung-ho attended the production briefing for the movie 'Apkkoojeong' (director Lim Jin-soon, produced by Big Punch Pictures, Hong Film Co., Ltd., BA Entertainment Co., Ltd.) held at CGV Yongsan I-Park Mall in Hangang-ro, Seoul on the morning of the 17th and had photo time.

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202211176012H

Jeon Do Yeon, Jung Kyung Ho, And More Impress With Chemistry At 1st Script Reading For “Crash Course In Romance”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 23, 2022
by M. Lim

tvN has shared photos from the first script reading of its upcoming romance drama!

“Crash Course in Romance” is a new romance drama starring Jeon Do Yeon and Jung Kyung Ho. The drama will deal with the warm but cold and sweet yet thrilling story of people who have to deal with the endlessly competitive nature of entrance exams. The drama follows the bittersweet scandal between an owner of a side dish shop who belatedly enters the world of entrance exams and a star instructor in Korea’s top private education sphere.

In addition to the drama’s director Yoo Jae Won and scriptwriter Yang Hee Seung, members of the star-studded cast consisting of Jeon Do Yeon, Jung Kyung Ho, Lee Bong Ryun, Oh Eui Sik, Shin Jae Ha, Noh Yoon Seo, Jang Young Nam, Kim Sun Young, Hwang Bo Ra, and more gathered together to showcase explosive chemistry at the script reading for “Crash Course in Romance.”

Before the script reading started, Director Yoo Jae Won greeted the team, “I feel reassured to see all the actors and staff gathered together in one place. I will try my best to make the filming a fun experience for everyone.” Writer Yang Hee Seung also remarked, “I hope everyone will be safe and happy all throughout filming. I will also work hard to finish the script until the end.”

When the script reading officially began, the actors quickly immersed themselves in their roles and performed enthusiastically as if they were at the actual filming site. Despite it being their first meeting, the actors perfectly embodied their characters and made viewers excited to see their synergy in the drama.

First, Jeon Do Yeon, who is showcasing her first rom-com in a while, mesmerized everyone with her presence and charisma. Playing Nam Haeng Sun, a former national athlete turned passionate boss of the National Representative Side Dish Shop, Jeon Do Yeon awed with her unparalleled performance. Jeon Do Yeon perfectly portrayed the tough Nam Haeng Sun, who despite being exhausted from life, stays firm, believes in her choices, and does not give excuses for them. In particular, she vividly depicted the situation drawn in the script not only with her delivery of lines but also with her gaze and gestures, leading the scene with her skills and lovely charm.

Jung Kyung Ho also brought his A-game in his portrayal of Korea’s best math instructor Choi Chi Yeol. Jung Kyung Ho quickly immersed himself as his character, who not only has exceptional skills but is also a great talker with extravagant showmanship. Jung Kyung Ho expressed in detail a variety of Choi Chi Yeol’s charms—sensitive, feisty, professional, and smart at work—through his flawless delivery of difficult mathematical formulas and excellent lecture skills.

jung-kyung-ho.jpeg

The production team remarked, “From the first meeting, the actors’ chemistry was great, so it was fun even just watching. We will do our best to convey the warm atmosphere of the drama as well. We ask for your anticipation and interest in the drama’s first broadcast.”

“Crash Course in Romance” will air in January 2023.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1555511wpp/jeon-do-yeon-jung-kyung-ho-and-more-impress-with-chemistry-at-1st-script-reading-for-crash-course-in-romance

First script reading for tvN’s One Hit Scandal with Jeon Do-yeon and Jung Kyung-ho

by tccolb

0006475578_001.jpg

The first script reading stills have been released for tvN’s One Hit Scandal and it’s a nice change to see Jeon Do-yeon (Human Disqualification) taking on a light rom-com after her more serious performances in recent projects. Jung Kyung-ho (Hospital Playlist 2) has always been a win for me as well and I’m excited to see how the two are paired in this story.

Centered around the world of private education, Nam Haeng-sun (Jeon Do-yeon) is a former national athlete who is belatedly jumping into the ins and outs of the education sphere. Even in the face of obstacles, though, she stands by her decisions with pride. Having trained as an athlete, her experiences have taught her to trust in her strengths and be confident in her abilities.

That confidence is shared by Choi Chi-yeol (Jung Kyung-ho) as well, who enjoys a successful career as a math instructor. Although he tends to be sensitive and prickly in personality, he tries not to let things interfere with his work and he’s a true professional in his job.

In supporting roles, Shin Jae-ha (My Unfamiliar Family) works in Chi-yeol’s administration and is known affectionately as Chi-yeol’s work wife. We also have Roh Yoon-seo (Our Blues) as Haeng-sun’s daugther while Uncle Oh Eui-shik (Big Mouth) plays Haeng-sun’s brother.

Other cast members also include Lee Bong-ryun (Narco-Saints), Jang Young-nam (Cheer Up), Kim Sun-young (Stock Struck), and Hwang Bora (Kiss Sixth Sense), among others.

Production for the drama is being led by PD Yoo Je-won (Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha) and writer Yang Hee-seung (Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-ju), who worked together previously on Oh My Ghostess and High School King of Savvy. Slated to premiere this coming January 2023, tvN’s One Hit Scandal will be airing in the weekend slot.

First script reading for tvN's One Hit Scandal with Jeon Do-yeon and Jung Kyung-ho

https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/11/first-script-reading-for-tvns-one-hit-scandal-with-jeon-do-yeon-and-jung-kyung-ho/

Jung Kyung Ho, Jo Woo Jin, Park Ji Hwan, And More Cast In Upcoming Comedy Action Film

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Nov 25, 2022
by S. Cho

Jung Kyung Ho, Jo Woo Jin, Park Ji Hwan, Lee Kyu Hyung, and more have been cast in a new comedy action film!

On November 25, production company Hive Media Corp. announced the confirmed cast of their upcoming film “Boss” (working title), which is now in preparation to begin filming.

Comedy action film “Boss” will draw out the desperate competition between the members of “Sikgupa,” the largest organization in the city of Yongdu. Ahead of the election to choose their next boss, these members will competitively “offer” each other the position while all chasing after their own dreams.

Jung Kyung Ho stars as Kang Pyo, the grandson of Sikgupa’s founder. After 10 years of getting rid of traitors for the organization and learning the ropes, Kang Pyo is now in the running to become Sikgupa’s next boss. In this film, Jung Kyung Ho will showcase erratic but down-to-earth charms along with entertaining synergy with Jo Woo Jin.

Jo Woo Jin stars as Soon Tae, who is “No. 2” in the organization. For the sake of his Chinese restaurant Mimiru, which has been in his family for three generations, Soon Tae has no choice but to join this organization. Although he’s seen tons of growth within the organization, he now wants to succeed with his Chinese restaurant franchise rather than as Sikgupa’s boss.

The third candidate to become Sikgupa’s next boss is Pan Ho, who is played by Park Ji Hwan. Out of everyone, Pan Ho has the greatest ambition and commitment to become boss. However, he has yet to overcome his greatest hurdle of simple ignorance, which has put him in No. 3 behind Soon Tae all these years.

Lee Kyu Hyung joins the cast as Soon Tae’s clumsy right-hand man Tae Gyu, who’s worked as part of Mimiru’s delivery team for 10 years, while Hwang Woo Seul Hye plays Soon Tae’s wife Ji Young, who is the real power behind Mimiru. Oh Dal Soo plays In Sool, the organization’s brain and influence, and Jung Yoo Jin portrays Yeon Im, who develops a romantic relationship with Kang Pyo.

“Boss” will be directed by Ra Hee Chan of “Going by the Book.” The film’s producers commented, “With the addition of top actors whom we watch with trust, we’ve built a fantastic combination. The colorful characters’ stories, that occur in the face of the position for the next boss, will unfold in an interesting and immersive way, so please look forward to it.

“Boss” is set to begin filming early next year.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1555861wpp/jung-kyung-ho-jo-woo-jin-park-ji-hwan-and-more-cast-in-upcoming-comedy-action-film

Jung Kyung-ho "Now I want to do really well in acting"

NISI20221201_0001143860_web.jpg?rnd=2022

"When I was young, there were times when I was drunk with my own style and acted. Now I feel a sense of responsibility. If I don't act really hard, I won't get another chance."

Actor Jeong Kyung-ho (39) said, "I want to act very well, and I really want to concentrate." “Now is the time to do that,” he said. He made his debut in 2004 with the drama 'I'm sorry, I love you' and became a star at once and worked in movies and dramas for about 10 years, but he did not receive much attention than expected. The work that became a turning point in Jung Kyung-ho's acting career was the drama 'Sage Prison Life' (2017), which he met only when he was in his mid-30s. In this work set in a prison, he took on the role of prison guard 'Jun-ho' and his acting skills were recognized. Since then, he has appeared in the 'Hospital Playlist' series (2020-2021), drawing favorable reviews for his deep emotional acting as well as an impressive ensemble with fellow actors such as Jo Jung-seok, Yoo Yeon-seok, and Kim Dae-myung. So, Jung Kyung-ho's real heyday may have just begun now, nearly 20 years after his debut. And he didn't seem to want to miss this opportunity. Jung Kyung-ho, whom I met recently ahead of the release of the movie 'Apkkoojeong', said, "In the past, I didn't know if a good opportunity was a good opportunity.

'Apkkoojeong' is a work that has a special feeling for Jung Kyung-ho in that it is a movie with actor Ma Dong-seok. It is said that Jeong Kyung-ho was acquainted with Ma Dong-seok even before his debut. It was a time when Jung Kyung-ho and Ma Dong-seok both dreamed of becoming actors while auditioning. The two, who were fledglings, are now mature actors and met in a movie. In the meantime, Ma Dong-seok has become an action actor representing the Korean film industry, and Jung Kyung-ho has become a veteran actor who has established his own domain. "I wanted to work with him, but we couldn't connect. We finally got to work together. I really liked this work because he's a hyung I really like."

NISI20221201_0001143863_web.jpg?rnd=2022

In 'Apkkoojeong', Jung Kyung-ho played plastic surgeon 'Park Ji-woo'. He is a doctor with the best skills, but he is a person who falls into a conspiracy and has to pay off debts. Park Ji-woo meets Apgujeong's native 'Kang Dae-guk' (Ma Dong-seok) and once again rises to the position of director of a large plastic surgery hospital and faces his second heyday. Since it's a comedy, I think he acted lightly, but he said that it wasn't easy for Jung Kyung-ho to play Park Ji-woo. He said, “Among all acting, comedy acting that has to make others laugh seems to be the most difficult.” He said, "It's not difficult to laugh among the actors, but it's not common to make the audience laugh as well." In particular, he said that the lines were difficult. It was said that he did not seem to use words when acting because he had a strong sense of life. He said, "It didn't stick well, so I practiced a lot."

This time, he is also a doctor with a tough personality. 'Kim Jun-wan' in 'Hospital Playlist' was such a character. In fact, Jung Kyung-ho has often played sensitive characters. In addition, she also said that she took on a character with a similar personality in the works to be released in the future. He laughed, saying, “I don’t know why you keep acting like this,” and “It’s an excuse, but I don’t gain weight because I keep acting these characters.” "Even the next character to take on has an eating disorder." However, he said that he did not think of escaping the image. In the past, he was afraid to solidify into one image, but now he thinks that he can do various acting within it. Jung Kyung-ho said, “No matter how similar a role is, my job is to find out the differences in it and play it.”

Jung Kyung-ho said that appearing in a good project is important, but it is more important who the people you work with are. During her 20 years of acting, she went through many movies and dramas. She had some good ones, some really bad ones. She didn't build a deeper relationship with the people she worked with because the work did well, but there were people with whom she formed a strong relationship even though the work did not go well. "Even if the work doesn't survive, people remain. For me, the people I work with are the most important." He said that when he was young, he had complacent thoughts such as 'I only need to do well' and 'I only need to do my best'. However, he said that as he grew older, he realized how important it was to work together.

Jung Kyung-ho's next project is the drama 'One Hit Scandal'. It is a work depicting the romance between a side dish shop owner and a math instructor. Jung Kyung-ho takes on the role of 'Choi Chi-yeol', a first-class instructor, and works with Jeon Do-yeon, who plays the role of 'Nam Haeng-seon', the president of a side dish store. She said, "It's with a senior who dreamed of acting a romance together. I really have to work hard to do well."

https://mobile.newsis.com/view.html?ar_id=NISX20221201_0002108462

‘Apkkoojeong’ Jeong Kyung-ho “I like people and love, old things”

news-p.v1.20221201.d1b4415a544f4aeb94389

Spoiler

news-p.v1.20221201.e088000008994e1b8f19c

news-p.v1.20221201.47e928b089264fd8bf5d2

news-p.v1.20221201.fcdcb35341ab486ca4966

news-p.v1.20221201.4b122e8abb0346639a74e

news-p.v1.20221201.d8a5826107924cee9b74e

news-p.v1.20221201.033ebaba8fd645acbb0f8

news-p.v1.20221201.5286554a69fb4dc99f99c

https://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=202212020700003&sec_id=540401

Jung Kyung-ho, it's a bit embarrassing, but calyx!

26DQ534T4K_1.jpg

Actor Jung Kyung-ho is having photo time prior to the live broadcast of Power FM 'Choi Hwa-jung's Power Time' held at SBS in Mok-dong, Yangcheon-gu, Seoul on the afternoon of the 22nd.

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/26DQ534T4K

‘Apkkoojeong’ Jung Kyung-ho and Oh Na-ra “Plastic surgery, fresh materials”

image_readtop_2022_1049055_1669094282524

Actors Jung Kyung-ho and Oh Na-ra confessed that they had a hard time laughing so much while filming the movie ‘Apkkoojeong’.

On SBS Power FM's 'Choi Hwa-jeong's Power Time' (hereinafter referred to as 'Choi Pata'), which aired on the 22nd, Jung Kyung-ho and Oh Na-ra, actors from the movie 'Apkkoojeong', which will be released on the 30th, appeared.

On this day, DJ Choi Hwa-jeong said, “Kyung-ho doesn’t gain weight. When asked, “Isn’t he good at food too?” Jung Kyung-ho replied, “It’s always the same. He likes what others eat rather than what I eat.

When Na-ra Oh said, “Please cook for me too,” Choi Hwa-jeong said, “Why do you do that? I have to do Sooyoung,” making her laugh by mentioning Jung Kyung-ho’s long-time lover Girls’ Generation Sooyoung.

When Choi Hwa-jeong praised her, saying, “She has a really bright personality,” Na-ra Oh said, “My original personality is positive, optimistic, and bright.”

Upon hearing this, Jung Kyung-ho revealed, "It seems to be about 360 days high," causing laughter.

The movie ‘Apkkoojeong’, in which the two collaborated with Ma Dong-seok, is a comedy film in which Daeguk, who has a flamboyant business idea, meets Jiwoo, a once-prominent plastic surgeon, and plans to go beyond Apgujeong’s representative plastic surgery clinic and become Asia’s representative beauty city.

Jung Kyung-ho takes on the role of Park Ji-woo, a prickly plastic surgeon who only believes in his skills. He explained, "It's a movie that tells the story of a time when plastic surgery clinics prospered in Apgujeong."

Oh Na-ra played Oh Mi-jung, head of the Apgujeong Plastic Surgery Center. He said, “This is a story from the early 2000s, but plastic surgery is not made small, but it is made bigger like a company. It has everything about beauty in one building,” he said, introducing the movie as “it was united with the ambition to do a huge business.”

“I don’t know what kind of person I am. He is an insider who knows everything,” he explained. In ‘Apkujeong’, Ma Dong-seok, who plays Daeguk, a native of Apgujeong who has only a few things, took charge of not only appearing, but also planning, producing, and adapting.

Regarding Ma Dong-seok, Jung Kyung-ho said, “He is a person who is trying to develop Korean films a lot. I thought it would be a meaningful work if we did it together.” He continued, “I was very worried because I had to play the role of a doctor right after season 1 of ‘Hospital Playlist’ ended, but Dong-seok hyung said, ‘What is that? Are you worried? He said, “Let’s go together.”

Oh Na-ra also revealed the reason for joining Ma Dong-seok's work, saying, "I was attracted to fresh materials that I had never dealt with before, and I thought I would have a lot to talk about because I was a woman." Oh Na-ra, who revealed that Ma Dong-seok takes care of his body diligently, expressed his respect by saying, "Ma Dong-seok moves his body throughout filming and during waiting times." She continued, “I do boxing and keep moving.” He continues to work out and keep his arms up,” she added.

Oh Na-ra also said, “He manages things very well. Even now, he digests all the action himself,” she said. Jeong Kyung-ho, who played the scene where he confronts Ma Dong-seok in the movie, said, "I can't fight a person like that. If you get hit, it will be a big deal,” he said, drawing laughter.

Director Lim Jin-soon of ‘Apkkoojeong’ compared the chemistry between the actors to a tonic. Jung Kyung-ho said, “I laughed a lot while filming. The script itself was so much fun,” he said. He added, “Dongseok sunbaenim and Nara noona were so funny that it was very difficult to act together.” Oh Na-ra also helped by saying, "It was so much fun that I was looking forward to going to the set."

In response to a listener's question "What is the secret to becoming the one-pick younger brother of the actors you co-star with?" Jung Kyung-ho replied, "All of them worked with the hyungs I really liked" and "Senior Sungwoong and Dongseok hyung are all the same." In response, Oh Na-ra said, “Kyung-ho is the style that older sisters and brothers really like.” She said, “Kyung-ho seems to know how to be loved.”

Oh Na-ra promised, “When we reach 1 million, I will make all five actors from ‘Apkujeong’ appear in ‘Choi Pata’ together.” Jung Kyung-ho also said, “I will make Dong-seok come out holding his brother’s hand.”

The movie ‘Apkujeong’ is a comedy in which Daeguk, a native of Apgujeong, who is only alive with a springing business idea, joins hands with Jiwoo, a plastic surgeon with the best skills, to become the founder of K-beauty. Ma Dong-seok played Dae-guk, and Jung Kyung-ho played Ji-woo.

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2022/11/1049055/

Jung Kyung Ho Dishes On His Relationship With Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung + His Thoughts On Marriage

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 5, 2022
by E. Cha

Jung Kyung Ho has opened up about his relationship with his longtime girlfriend, Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung!

During a recent round of interviews for his new film “Men of Plastic,” Jung Kyung Ho answered a number of questions about Sooyoung, whom he has been dating for the past 10 years.

When asked if they have plans for marriage, the actor replied, “I think we should get married when the time comes. But we’ve still never had a concrete conversation about it.” He added with a shy laugh, “If the right time comes.”

Jung Kyung Ho went on to share, “Now, we don’t pay much attention to the eyes of others. A lot of time has passed [since we started dating], and we’ve made lots of memories and shared lots of conversations during the past 10 years. So she’s the person I talk to the most, because there are things that I can only talk about with her. It’s to the extent where I find myself thinking she might actually be the only person that I talk to.”

“We’re always warmly cheering each other on,” he continued. “[Sooyoung] came to the VIP premiere yesterday to watch my film. She said she enjoyed it. Since she and I are in the same line of work, we’re respectful of one another when we talk about acting.”

Jung-Kyung-Ho.jpg

Jung Kyung Ho also revealed that he and his “Men of Plastic” co-stars had bonded over their long-term relationships.

[Ma] Dong Seok dated his wife for a long time, and [Oh] Na Ra has also been in her relationship for a long time, like me,” he said. “So when the three of us meet, we all say the same things. No matter what we talked about, we understood each other well and got along great on the filming set.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1557132wpp/jung-kyung-ho-dishes-on-his-relationship-with-girls-generations-sooyoung-his-thoughts-on-marriage

• 2 weeks later...

Watch: Jung Kyung Ho Shows Off His Steps In “Kingsman” Parody While Jeon Do Yeon Proudly Presents Her Cooking In “Crash Course In Romance” Teasers

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 14, 2022
by M. Lim

“Crash Course in Romance” has shared two amusing teasers that highlight the drama’s main characters!

tvN’s upcoming drama “Crash Course in Romance” is a new romance drama starring Jeon Do Yeon and Jung Kyung Ho. The drama will tell the warm but cold and sweet yet thrilling story of people who have to deal with the endlessly competitive nature of entrance exams. “Crash Course in Romance” follows the bittersweet scandal between an owner of a side dish shop who belatedly enters the world of entrance exams and a star instructor in Korea’s elite private education sphere.

Jung Kyung Ho stars as Korea’s No. 1 math instructor Choi Chi Yeol. In his teaser, Choi Chi Yeol surprises viewers when he suddenly whirls and capers in a sharp suit and black umbrella reminiscent of the “Kingsman” series. The professional and smart Choi Chi Yeol even wows viewers when he nails some hard moves and barely breaks a sweat while doing so. When he finishes his dance routine, he stares directly at the camera while saying, “Pride Maketh Math. Choi Chi Yeol’s lecture for math,” and the teaser finally lets viewers know that the video is Choi Chi Yeol’s advertisement for his lectures.

The second teaser features Jeon Do Yeon as Nam Haeng Sun, a former handball national athlete turned passionate side dish shop owner. Her teaser first starts with Nam Haeng Sun facing backward, giving viewers a good look at her past national athlete’s uniform with the word “Korea” proudly spread out across her back. As she turns around, there are various mouthwatering side dishes displayed in front of her. The banner on top introduces her shop’s name—National Representative Side Dish Shop—while the other banner reads, “I make this with the mindset of a national representative.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1558476wpp/watch-jung-kyung-ho-shows-off-his-steps-in-kingsman-parody-while-jeon-do-yeon-proudly-presents-her-cooking-in-crash-course-in-romance-teasers

December 22 2022

Teaser trailer 2 for tvN drama “Crash Course in Romance”

Crash_Course_in_Romance-teaser2SM1.jpg

Teaser trailer 2 added for tvN drama series “Crash Course in Romance” starring Jeon Do-Yeon and Jung Kyoung-Ho. In teaser trailer 2, Jeon Do-Yeon introducing herself as “I’m Nam Haeng-Sun, who was a player on national handball team, and now runs National Athletic Side Dish Store,” followed by Jung Kyoung-Ho stating (0:05) “Man of one trillion won,” and Jeon Do-Yeon stating (0:08) “He is a top star lecturer and he is like BTS of the private education field.” These two people, who seem to not have many things in common, somehow get involved with each other in the drama series.

“Crash Course in Romance” will first air January 14, 2023 in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Nam Haeng-Sun (Jeon Do-Yeon) used to be a national athlete. She now runs a side dish store. She has a super positive personality and unlimited like stamina. She takes another turn and enters the private education field, which is for students preparing for their university entrance exam. Unexpectedly, Nam Haeng-Sun gets involved with Choi Chi-Yeol (Jung Kyoung-Ho).

Choi Chi-Yeol is a popular instructor in the private education field and is known as Ilta Instructor (most popular instructor). He works hard at his job. As an instructor to his students, he speaks without reserve and implements showmanship in his lessons. He has accumulated wealth and fame as a popular instructor, but, with increasing success, he has become more sensitive, prickly, and indifferent to people. He then meets Nam Haeng-Sun with her super positive personality and never ending stamina. The relationship between Nam Haeng-Sun and Choi Chi-Yeol develops romantically.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-2-for-tvn-drama-crash-course-in-romance

video

Jung Kyung Ho Becomes A Tsundere Star Math Instructor In “Crash Course In Romance”

Jung Kyung Ho Becomes A Tsundere Star Math Instructor In “Crash Course In Romance”

Dec 26, 2022
by M. Lim

“Crash Course in Romance” has shared new stills of Jung Kyung Ho in character!

tvN’s upcoming drama “Crash Course in Romance” is a new romance drama starring Jeon Do Yeon and Jung Kyung Ho. The drama will tell the warm but cold and sweet yet thrilling story of people who have to deal with the endlessly competitive nature of entrance exams. “Crash Course in Romance” follows the bittersweet scandal between an owner of a side dish shop who belatedly enters the world of entrance exams and a star instructor in Korea’s elite private education sphere. Jeon Do Yeon will take on the role of Nam Haeng Sun, a former national athlete turned passionate boss of the National Representative Side Dish Shop, and Jung Kyung Ho will star as Korea’s No. 1 math instructor Choi Chi Yeol.

Warning: mention of an eating disorder below.

Choi Chi Yeol is a man who has it all. His popularity and huge salary even earn him the title of “1 Trillion Won Man (approximately $784 million)” because the added value he raises equals an average annual economic value of 1 trillion won (approximately $784 million). However, even with his fame, wealth, and good looks, Choi Chi Yeol still has one thing he’s struggling to solve, which is an eating disorder. Due to this, Choi Chi Yeol has never felt the happiness and joy of having eaten fully to his satisfaction. How will Choi Chi Yeol’s fate intertwine with Nam Haeng Sun?

In the newly released stills, Jung Kyung Ho completely captivates viewers with his various charms. As a highly educated person, he naturally exudes professionalism even in the way he dresses and carries himself. When he stands in front of the blackboard filled with mathematical formulas, viewers can feel the ease only a veteran with a long experience like him would have. However, when Choi Chi Yeol is in front of his students, his cold persona melts and his care and affection for them become apparent through his soft, friendly, and warm eyes, showcasing a stark contrast.

Jung-Kyung-Ho3.jpegJung-Kyung-Ho4.jpeg

Spoiler

Jung-Kyung-Ho5.jpeg

The production team of “Crash Course in Romance” remarked, “The charms actor Jung Kyung Ho has and the charms Choi Chi Yeol carries in the drama intertwine flawlessly and create perfect synergy. Viewers can look forward to Choi Chi Yeol’s diverse charms that Jung Kyung Ho’s delicate acting skills will create. Please also look forward to a new side of Jung Kyung Ho that will be different from what he has shown until now.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1560207wpp/jung-kyung-ho-becomes-a-tsundere-star-math-instructor-in-crash-course-in-romance

• 2 weeks later...
by Lily Alice, January 4, 2023
18 7

"Brain Works" Premiers With Satisfactory Ratings, Netflix Releases the Trailer of "Crash Course in Romance."

Meanwhile, Swoon (Netflix's sister channel on YouTube) has recently released a trailer for the upcoming drama "Crash Course in Romance". The rom-com K-drama stars Jung Kyung Ho and Jeon Do Yeon as Choi Chi Yeol and Nam Haeng Seon, respectively.

07nkK_2f.jpg

Haeng Seon is a hard-working, cheerful, and energetic mother who is also a former athlete and a banchan (side dish) shop owner. Whereas, Chi Yeol is a prickly and indifferent educational instructor who is pretty much a celebrity in his field. 

One day, Haeng Seon's daughter asks her to enroll in Chi Yeol's classes that will help her crack the college entrance exams. She then decides to do everything within her power to fulfill her daughter's wish. 

But the former athlete faces cutthroat challenges posed by the world of private education and eventually ends up getting involved with the top hagwon (private institute) instructor. 

What follows is a bittersweet relationship between the duo. 

"Crash Course in Romance" will air every Saturday and Sunday starting from January 14. It will be available to watch on Netflix

Jeon Do Yeon And Jung Kyung Ho Dish On Working Together For New Drama “Crash Course In Romance”

Jan 6, 2023
by E. Cha

Jeon Do Yeon and Jung Kyung Ho have shared their thoughts on their upcoming tvN drama “Crash Course in Romance”!

“Crash Course in Romance” is a new drama about the unlikely love story between Nam Haeng Sun (Jeon Do Yeon), a former national athlete who now runs her own side dish shop, and Choi Chi Yeol (Jung Kyung Ho), a star instructor in Korea’s elite private education sphere.

A devoted mother who gave up her status as a national athlete for the sake of her family, Nam Haeng Sun winds up belatedly learning about admissions exams due to her daughter, who is now a junior in high school.

Describing her character, Jeon Do Yeon remarked, “Haeng Sun’s charm is that she’s cheerful and optimistic. Although she may appear simple, Haeng Sun is a wise person who diligently and admirably sticks to the life she’s chosen for herself.”

“Because Haeng Sun is overflowing with energy and is very upbeat, I initially had a bit of a hard time keeping up when I first started playing the character,” she confessed. “I had a lot of doubts about whether I’d be able to pull off the rapid-fire dialogue as if it were Haeng Sun’s own words. That was the part I paid the most attention to, that I was the most worried about.”

As for the unexpected chemistry between polar opposites Nam Haeng Sun and Choi Chi Yeol, the actress commented, “Just like it says in the drama’s dialogue, Haeng Sun initially sees Choi Chi Yeol as someone who’s cold [to others]. But the more she gets to know him, he turns out to be someone who’s not cold [to others], but who feels cold himself—a charming person who is actually warm, full of affection, and a bit clumsy.”

“I think Jung Kyung Ho is a charming actor who draws people in with his friendliness and geniality,” continued Jeon Do Yeon. “From the very beginning, it felt like he was someone I’d known for a long time, so there was no awkwardness between us. I think I was able to adjust more quickly to the filming set thanks to him.”

Jung-Kyung-Ho-2-1536x1024.jpg

“‘Crash Course in Romance’ is a realistic romance disguised as fantasy, and it’s also a heartwarming story about family,” concluded the actress. “I think it’s a drama that the whole family can watch together. I hope that the warm and positive vibes of ‘Crash Course in Romance’ will be conveyed well to viewers.”

Jung Kyung Ho similarly expressed confidence in the upcoming series, noting, “As you can tell from the genre, ‘bittersweet romance,’ it’s a charming drama that will touch viewers’ hearts in many different ways.”

When asked why he agreed to star in the drama, Jung Kyung Ho revealed, “I’d always wanted to work together with director Yoo Je Won, and I think I’ve watched almost all of writer Yang Hee Seung’s work. But above all else, I chose the drama without hesitation because it was a chance to work together with Jeon Do Yeon.”

As for how he prepared for the role of Choi Chi Yeol, he shared with a laugh, “At first, I think I tried hard to learn and understand more about math. But I realized early on that it was useless. So I looked up and watched lectures by famous instructors, and I also went to take classes myself for research. I’d never written on a board before, so I also focused on trying to make it look natural when I did it [in the drama].”

Jung-Kyung-Ho-1536x1024.jpg

Reiterating just how excited he was to be able to work together with Jeon Do Yeon, Jung Kyung Ho remarked, “I think of it as a tremendous honor. Whenever the two of us are filmed in a two-shot from the same angle, I still think to myself, ‘Wow, it’s a good thing I worked hard [in order to be able to make it to this moment].'”

“Haeng Sun is someone who is unparalleled in how much she values her family, how strong she is, and how pure and transparent she is,” he continued. “It doesn’t seem like this side dish shop owner and the No. 1 instructor in the private education sphere would be likely to meet. The journey of how these two people wind up meeting and falling in love will make viewers’ hearts flutter in a new and refreshing way.”

Jung-Kyung-Ho-3.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1561684wpp/jeon-do-yeon-and-jung-kyung-ho-dish-on-working-together-for-new-drama-crash-course-in-romance

News bites: January 11, 2023

by tccolb

With the premiere just a few days away, tvN’s Crash Course in Romance unveiled a new teaser, revealing a little more about our OTP’s first encounter. The unlikely romance between Jeon Do-yeon (Human Disqualification) and Jung Kyung-ho (Hospital Playlist 2) will be starting this week on January 14. [Sports Chosun]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/01/news-bites-january-11-2023/

Jung Kyung-ho, the secret to becoming a '1 trillion won man'?... 24-hour close on-site disclosure

NISI20230112_0001174840_web.jpg?rnd=2023

Actor Jung Kyung-ho has transformed into a Korean lecturer who says that 24 hours is not enough.

On the 12th, the tvN drama 'One Big Scandal' (directed by Yoo Je-won, written by Yang Hee-seung) released a still cut of Jung Kyung-ho's filming site.

'One Other Scandal' is a drama depicting the romance between 'Haengseon Nam' (Jeon Do-yeon), the hot-blooded president of a national side dish store, and 'Choi Chi-yeol' (Jung Kyung-ho), a math instructor who takes place on the battlefield of private education.

'One Other Scandal' is a drama depicting the romance between 'Haengseon Nam' (Jeon Do-yeon), the hot-blooded president of a national side dish store, and 'Choi Chi-yeol' (Jung Kyung-ho), a math instructor who takes place on the battlefield of private education.

Choi Chi-yeol seems like a man with all abilities and resources, but he also has a story. The happiness of being full is suffering from an eating disorder that cannot be felt. Expectations are high on how he will meet the side dish shop owner, Namhaengseon.

In the released stills, Choi Chi-yeol, who digests a tight schedule, was captured. First, the passionate image of Choi Chi-yeol sitting alone in the office at the 'Choi Chi-yeol Lab' and staring at the monitor was included. Choi Chi-yeol then gave a lecture in front of a huge blackboard filled with math problems.

https://www.newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20230112_0002157099

"The story of people's lives" drawn by Jeon Do-yeon and Jung Kyung-ho, 'realistic acting masters', 'Ilta Scandal'

2023010980140_0.jpg

“In the end, I think it will be a drama about people’s lives.”

On the January 9th, tvN's new Saturday and Sunday drama 'Ilta Scandal' press conference (scripts Yang Hee-seung and Yeo Eun-ho, director Yu Je-won) was broadcast live, and director Yu Je-won, writer Yang Hee-seung, and actors Jeon Do-yeon and Jung Kyung-ho attended.

2023010980140_1.jpg

Writer Yang Hee-seung said, “I think it will be a drama like a table with various foods, centered on romance.” There are many things to see," she said.

When asked about the motivation for writing this work, Yang Hee-seung said, "In a way, it's an experience." felt it," she said. And replied, “Even in this war for entrance exams, I thought that if we made a drama with a story that can give each other some kind of synergy, centering on a family with warmth like a lantern, we can give empathy.”

'King of High School Life', 'Oh! It's been a long time since I met director Yu Je-won, who I worked with on 'My Ghostess'. Director Yu Je-won, who showed strong trust in Yang Hee-seung's work, expressed satisfaction, saying, "It was good that it was not different from the results of the author's work, which tells the story of people's lives." They talked about each other, and it was comfortable because there was no emotion to be consumed in the process of understanding the strengths and weaknesses of each other." This is one of the expected points.

Spoiler

2023010980140_2.jpg

In the play, Jeon Do-yeon was a national handball player, but gave up the national team for her family and now takes on the role of Nam Haeng-seon, the president who runs a 'national side dish shop'. Jeon Do-yeon said, "I was attracted to her bright charm," but added, "It's fun, but I was worried about whether I could do it, but the writer told me that it would be nice if the character Haeng-seon looked realistic. I did it because I had the courage to do it," she said, expressing her feeling of being together in this work.

Regarding Jeon Do-yeon's casting, writer Yang Hee-seung said, "I usually write cheerful and bright characters, but this work doesn't have any fantasy setting, so I thought it was important to have a consensus that I could put my feet on the ground. Acttress Jeon Do-yeon expresses that well. I was sure that it would happen, and it felt like I had won a thousand horses.”

Haengseon Nam is a person who is raising a daughter in high school, but is far from the reality of the warlike entrance exam. However, for the sake of her family, she tries to transform into a 'hot-blooded entrance exam mom'. Jeon Do-yeon is also a mother with her daughter, so she was able to relate a lot to this work. Jeon Do-yeon said, "I sympathized with the mother's heart for her child and her love for her family. I approached it so comfortably that I couldn't do anything with any acting." I've seen it, but I sympathize with the fact that you're doing something hard for someone you love," raising expectations for Jeon Do-yeon's 'Southbound Line' to be completed.

2023010980140_3.jpg

Jung Kyung-ho, who will become entangled with Jeon Do-yeon, will play Choi Chi-yeol, one of the most popular math instructors in Korea. Jung Kyung-ho said, "I was offered a drama and I didn't even worry about it." I don't think I've ever thought about it for a moment."

When asked what kind of charm he would show through this work, Jung Kyung-ho said, "I am a private education instructor, but at the same time, he is a character that smells like a person. That's why I'm doing as much as I can." Writer Yang Hee-seung expressed confidence in her casting, saying, "Actor Jung Kyung-ho doesn't need to add anything more, he looks like a real one-hit instructor."

However, Jeong Kyung-ho said that there was difficulty in expressing the first teacher in mathematics and said, “In the beginning, there was a scene in which I read the script and tried to understand mathematics to prepare for the lecture scene, but I quickly realized that it was in vain.” I also listened to lectures, but the most difficult was the writing. When I was filming, there were actually about 100 people in the classroom, and I tried my best not to make a mistake."

Spoiler

2023010980140_4.jpg

Choi Chi-yeol, who seems to have everything from popularity, fame, wealth, and warm visuals, actually suffers from an eating disorder. As a result, it becomes entangled with the southbound line. Regarding her romance with Jung Kyung-ho, Jeon Do-yeon explained, "It's a thrill that I haven't felt in a long time. It's a little uncomfortable, but it's an uncomfortable feeling that I don't hate. It's a meeting that makes me feel excited and don't want to miss it

Regarding the chemistry between the two, director Yoo Je-won said, "At the beginning, the two fight a lot because they have different worldviews, but I still feel that it will work out. It raised expectations for the romance that people will show. Writer Yang Hee-seung said, "I put the two characters in the front so that I could sympathize with them and feel their charm." I have to open '', but I hope it can be a drama that can empathize and heal as we intended.

https://digitalchosun.dizzo.com/site/data/html_dir/2023/01/09/2023010980150.html

• 2 weeks later...

“Crash Course In Romance” Sweeps Most Buzzworthy Drama And Actor Rankings

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jan 22, 2023
by E. Cha

tvN’s new drama “Crash Course in Romance” dominated this week’s rankings of the most buzzworthy dramas and actors!

In its first week on air, the romantic comedy debuted at No. 1 on Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon.

Not only did “Crash Course in Romance” top this week’s list of most buzzworthy dramas, but its leads Jung Kyung Ho and Jeon Do Yeon also swept the top two spots on the list of most buzzworthy drama cast members, which they entered at No. 1 and No. 2 respectively.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the first week of January are as follows:

1. tvN “Crash Course in Romance”
  2. JTBC “The Interest of Love”
  3. SBS “Payback”
  4. JTBC “Agency”
  5. KBS2 “Three Bold Siblings”
  6. TV Chosun “Red Balloon”
  7. tvN “Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist 2”
  8. tvN “Missing: The Other Side 2”
  9. KBS2 “Vengeance of the Bride
  10. MBC “The Forbidden Marriage

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Jung Kyung Ho (“Crash Course in Romance”)
  2. Jeon Do Yeon (“Crash Course in Romance”)
  3. Lee Sun Gyun (“Payback”)
  4. Lee Bo Young (“Agency”)
  5. Yoo Yeon Seok (“The Interest of Love”)
  6. Moon Ga Young (“The Interest of Love”)
  7. Geum Sae Rok (“The Interest of Love”)
  8. Kim Min Jae (“Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist 2”)
  9. Seo Ji Hye (“Red Balloon”)
  10. Kim Hyang Gi (“Poong, The Joseon Psychiatrist 2”)

Crash Course in Romance: Episodes 3-4

by mistyisles

http://www.dramabeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/CCR0304-00036.jpg

Turns out, our leads have more in common than they thought. A shared connection might just bring them together at last, but not without a whole lot of bickering, internal wrestling, and assorted shenanigans — some more embarrassing than others — along the way.

EPISODES 3-4 WEECAP

After a mysterious metal pellet crashes through the banchan shop window, Haeng-sun and Chi-yeol file a report at the police station. They momentarily devolve into a heated round of bickering when Haeng-sun contemplates reporting Chi-yeol for the cell phone incident, but the long and short of it is that tracking down the culprit will be nearly impossible at this point and Haeng-sun is out the cost to repair the broken window.

Needless to say, she and Chi-yeol are not on great terms. But he needs to eat, so he remains her regular customer, and the two trade petty little comments and dirty looks every time they see each other. It all culminates one day in a purely accidental bucket of water thrown in Chi-yeol’s face, and all he can do is stand there and sputter, “Why?” with the saddest, most confused expression ever.

Haeng-sun tries to insist he change into some of Jae-woo’s dry clothes, Chi-yeol declines, and it’s at that moment that Hae-yi walks in. It’s hard to say who’s more mortified by the realization of their respective relationships to each other. Everyone stares at everyone else for a painfully awkward pause, and then Chi-yeol just turns around, walks out to his car, and drives away.

Now, instead of petty paybacks, Chi-yeol and Haeng-sun try to one-up each other with apologetic generosity. She gives him a lavish banchan spread, he gives her a truckload of fresh ingredients. She uses those ingredients to cook him food when he has to work late into the night… and he rejects it because he’s preparing an important exam and she doesn’t realize how problematic it would be for her to come anywhere near the exam materials. (But still, it’s the thought that counts, right?)

That exam is the level test to determine the seven students who will get into the hagwon’s exclusive All Care program, participation in which practically guarantees acceptance into med school. Hae-yi has recently been excelling in school thanks to Chi-yeol’s classes — even earning a rare hi-five from him for getting an answer right (before he knew who her mother was) — so Haeng-sun excitedly urges her to try for the All Care program. Hae-yi does, and earns herself one of those seven coveted spots.

Haeng-sun celebrates over drinks with Young-joo, getting so exuberantly drunk that when she spots Chi-yeol on the way home, she runs to him, lifts him into the air, and spins him around in a circle before toppling to the ground. Chi-yeol is neither hurt nor offended — he finds it hilarious. He’s still laughing about it the next morning, but when she pretends not to remember what happened, he lets her.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/01/crash-course-in-romance-episodes-3-4/

by Lily Alice, January 26, 2023
13 3

Reasons why the latest tvN release should be on your watch list.

"Crash Course In Romance" has been getting a lot of eyeballs. Fans are drooling over the latest tvN release because it's just 'that' rom-com we all need.  

Here are the reasons why this K-drama should be on your must-watch list. 

1. Charming characters

Choi Chi Yeol (Jung Kyung Ho)

RB8XPz_2f.jpg

Despite being a narcissist, our "Trillion Won Man" (a nickname given to him because he generates revenue of 1 trillion won a year) has his own charms. He is a celebrity in the private education field and parents line up to enroll their children on his courses.  

But Chi Yeol isn't one of those boring and strict instructors who go around with a stick thrashing his students to study; or a result-obsessive maniac, like Kim Joo Young (Kim Seo Hyung) from SKY Castle, who will leak exam questions to wealthy students. 

He is a cool Math teacher whose dazzling charisma, contagious positive energy, and fun way of teaching turn students into his raving fans. But all that success and his scintillating public image make him a self-conceited man. He has an annoying way of putting people off, has no regard for his subordinates or even superiors at times, and has a nasty temper when he gets stressed. 

And behind all the spotlight, he leads a pitiful life. His taxing profession is costing his health and peace. Moreover, in between the scenes, the show also throws in flashes of scenes that shed light on the context of Chi Yeol's traumatic past. All that stress is giving him sleep deprivation, hallucinations, and an eating disorder that makes him throw up whatever he eats. Until one day, he tastes Haeng Seon's banchan (side dishes) which addicts him to their heavenly taste. He finally finds the food that he can stomach. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/5-reasons-to-check-out-crash-course-in-romance