[Drama 2022] Twenty-Five Twenty-One ​⌛ 스물다섯 스물하나

Maetawinz

I can't think of any reason for Hee Do and Yi Jin not ending up together other than they stop loving each other (which may happen in ...S2?^^), so I will enjoy their upcoming sweet scenes and see how they protect their love.
Now I'm more curious about what will happen to Yurim.

• Like 3

The writing has been so good so far, even the controversial ep 14. At least for me. However there are indeed too many things left untangled. Because this is a story about Hee Do when she's at the center of her youth (the drama emphasize this phrase too: probably we're at the center of our youth) so i think some things will stay unsolved at the end of the series, open for any interpretation.

It takes two to clap and it takes more than love for 2 people to be together in a mature committed relationship. Especially when they are at the age where there are things bigger than love/companionship like dreams, family, responsibilities, etc. It's a story experienced by many.

It's a story of Hee Do's most shining moment at her youth so it's not unlikely that the story dwell more in Hee Do Yi Jin blossoming relationship from being friends who support each other to lovers even when they don't end up together.

It's also not out of character for Hee Do to marry other guy when she's the type to fight for what she wants. Because i see that Hee Do is actually a simple being. She acts upon what she feels but at the same time doesn't get caught up in that feeling too long when the next situation call for other that's different than before.

I mean she's disappointed with Yoo Rim, she's hurt too many times but the next moment she's still able to treat her well, holding no grudge at all. She's mad and sad that mom put her work first but she's glad that her mom looks cool and give hope/dream to her hoobae. When there's no news from Yi Jin for months she dates alkong because he confesses that he likes her but when Yi Jin's back to her life and she realizes she cares more for him she breaks up. She always lives in the present. Thus it's possible for Hee Do to date other guy when Yi Jin is no longer in her life for years and the new guy pursues her, is around her, and willing to put the effort to make things work.

All in all as much as i love baekdo, the story comes first. I just hope that till the very end, the writing will be as solid as it is. And i will be happily surprised if the writer can make both work. I'd love to see baekdo endgame with a solid writing.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

@bee_wannabe I think the main problem is interview 2009, when she just won the gold medal and she looks sad instead because of yijin, then the voice over that she will take everything and meet him. Idk if the writer just want to make it dramatic, but if she is truly living in the present and she just married, she wont look sad to see yijin, her looks totally feels like she is missing him, especially she just won gold and the whole nation watching her including her husband, why would she wants to meet him and take care everything? 

About heedoo and alkong because she was just teen at the time, didnt understand the love yet and she didnt even actually like him and waiting for yijin, full house already out before she reunite with yijin, but she didnt read it yet (eventhough hedoo loves full house so much!) so she was still waiting for yijin while dating alkong, alkong even admit that heedoo broke up with him because of yijin. Would she do it when she's adult too but its more complicated that she is already having child and married? Especially she already have experience of love and she is an adult, I think thats really not a good example of her 'living in present' while her heart and mind still live on the past, she will hurt people who loves him in process too including her husband and her child

• Like 3

Like i said before i see her as a simple being, you feel sad you cry, you're angry you vent out, you're happy you laugh. So the interview is like her being herself, emotional of seeing him for the first time over years. But then it's just an assumption because who knows maybe the theory of them actually marry each other is right and she's emotional because she misses her family and want them to be there with her during her win.

All that we made is an assumption and each one of it had a valid point if it's seen from other perspective so i'm just saying that it's not far fetched if baekdo is not endgame and it doesn't mean the writing fails because of it.

For example the full house part. Another perspective to see it is it could be because Hee Do is busy with the training that she doesn't read full house or doesn't realize it's released yet. Just like when Hee Do is suspended from the NTC she sees Full House final chapter at Yu Rim's locker. These two used to run and search all over bookrent to read the latest chapter, so how can Hee Do misses the awaited final chapter.

The main reason i'm lenient towards the parting are :

1. Min Chae doesn't recognize Yi Jin

2. Hee Do's mom said she met Baek Yi Jin last month. Why would she call her son in law Baek Yi Jin. Usually in Korea MIL call SIL husband baek or she can just call him your husband/min chae's appa

3. Min Chae said when will dad come (my memory is vague at this but have no time to recheck) after she receives the gift. So probably no divorce

• Like 1

@bee_wannabe: I agree with some of what you said and also, the interpretation of their relationship is from the perspective of the viewers.

If the end is for them to not be together then there is no point to do the 2009 interview with that whole “I support you and will take care of everything until then” kind of dialogue. It should have ended with her answering about her 2001 games or another reporter could have conducted the interview.  Yes, they will come across each other as reporter/athlete, but if the relationship wasn’t so relevant then there is no point to keep introducing BYJ back into her life with little snippets through the flashbacks from the future. Why bother with the whole Minchae consoling her mom and going after BYJ? Why bother with all the scenes of BYJ and her. They could have kept it a simple love story like YR and JW. But it’s not, because her diary is full of BYJ, even Minchae has to go look for that video interview when she can’t locate the next chapter of the diary. 

We think that 2521 presents the time they fell in love but what if it represent the time they are apart? They both still have a lot of growing to do individually, so maybe a break while they sort their careers until they meet again to have Minchae? I find it hard for her to have met another guy during her athletic years and have a baby. HD is all about her fencing so to have a baby during that time…..not sure unless it’s BYJ’s baby.

I really like that this drama allows everyone to have different perspectives on what is important from the story for them. There is no right and wrong answer here to anyone’s interpretation because some of us might have gone through what she went through and end up with our own BYJ or went separate ways. 

Lol, I still have hope for baekdo ending. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, bee_wannabe said:

2. Hee Do's mom said she met Baek Yi Jin last month. Why would she call her son in law Baek Yi Jin. Usually in Korea MIL call SIL husband baek or she can just call him your husband/min chae's appa

OMG. That is a good point. I never had thought of this but why does Hee-Do's mom call Baek Yi-Jin by his full name if he's married to Hee-Do? She should be calling him Baek-Sobang. The MIL would call his SIL "Surname-Sobang"

Unless you buy into the idea that she has dementa BUT if that is the case, why doesn't she call him "Baek-Gija" which is "Reporter Baek".  She is talking about him like he is a close friend.

So, at some point Hee-Do does introduce Yi-Jin to her mother as someone closer to her than just a reporter-athlete relationship but I doubt this happens before Madrid 2001.

Which brings up another point, how does Hee-Do's mom know Ji-Woong and Seung-Wan. So far in Episode 1-14, they never met. 

Not to mention, she never met Yoo-Rim in a personal level. 

You have to remember that Hee-do's mom didn't know Hee-Do and Yoo-Rim were close in high school. 

This is why I'm assuming Hee-Do's mom will eventualy know about Hee-Do's friends but it will be after 2001 and that's after Hee-do's youth.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

@JenL CJ ENM works fast.

Hahahah so do I. Hopefully this one doesn't get the copyrighting. I've seen videos with much more photos or videos than mine and still remain up. It was very unlucky it got flagged. Anyway. Here is the evidence for my theory.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, JenL said:

You are right this is a K-drama and usually they would try to find a way for the main female and male leads to end up together as love interests even though in the last 16 episodes, the main female and male leads were son and mom. (cough*Alice*cough*)

But if this was a Netflix Original, then we wouldn't have to worry about that.  The ending just needs to be a teaser for a possible Season 2.  Sorry, now I'm just ranting. 

----

In all honesty, I think the writer just wanted to write a GL drama that ships Hee-Do and Yoo-Rim but since Korea is still conservative and this is on TvN, she just hides it by having Hee-Do and Yoo-Rim fall in love with Yi-Jin and Ji-Woong.  

• LOL 3

3 hours ago, Skysky said:

About heedoo and alkong because she was just teen at the time, didnt understand the love yet and she didnt even actually like him and waiting for yijin, full house already out before she reunite with yijin, but she didnt read it yet (eventhough hedoo loves full house so much!) so she was still waiting for yijin while dating alkong, alkong even admit that heedoo broke up with him because of yijin. 

Thank you for reminding me of this scene. The dialogues in this drama are so beautiful, and "Now I can read it" is one of my favorite. It stole my heart. To me, it is even more meaningful than saying "I miss you, and I've been waiting for you. Now I can stop worrying". Seems like she spoke her heart even though she couldn't define her feelings for Yi Jin yet at that time. 

In 2000, Hee Do said she wanted a change for herself. It may not only be about her relationship with Yi Jin but also about her personality, more responsible, more sympathetic. Last time, Yi Jin ran away from his difficulty alone, and she waited for him. Now, I believe Hee Do's adult version won't easily let Yi Jin go away again for any arising problems. Instead, they will find ways together. 

• Like 2

@YongZura⁷In the BTS that you shared, after the "2nd"? take of the kissing scene (snow), KTR was left to check if the scene is done well, and, NJY glanced in her direction. I don't know, it just made me smile. He was probably thinking, "it better be good, I gave it my best shot". :wow1:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

cr.: owner

cr.: owner

ITS 2521 DAY!!!

HD is excited to see YR's email.. YR wanted to knock at HD's door but, was hesitant.

i truly hope that they do not drift apart despite having to meet as rivals representing different countries..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just a preview yet it got me crying early in the morning. I thought it was a sweet scene. Sigh. Bracing myself for the bittersweet pain tonight. Anyways this drama's asmr scenes are all gold. I don't know has it ever done in other drama too? From my watchlist it's the first.

One of the strongest point of this drama is how it can make little simple things into something's so sweet. The whispers, the head bump, the caressing nose with hair. Wishing to see Nam Joo Hyuk and Kim Tae Ri reunite in other drama or movie. The chemistry is too good to waste.

• Like 2