[Drama 2022] Twenty-Five Twenty-One ​⌛ 스물다섯 스물하나

Maetawinz

I loved the first episode but

Spoiler

I am confused they don't end up together. Her daughter doesn't have the same last name has him. Unless there will be twists to come. *Maybe they dating, when they were younger something happened they broke up, she meets someone new has her daughter that doesn't work out then they meet again and fall in love again?.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I like Hee Do's House, it's cute like somethin' out of a fairytale. Her chemistry with Yi Jin is cute too. Can't believe she's actually 4 years older than the ml ha-ha. 

The scene where she was mumbling through her tears when Yi Jin caught her with the damaged manhwa ahahahah! 

Wonder who her mystery online buddy is? 

• Like 2

Hi chingus! Today was a happy day with Love and Leashes (wished there was a threat here) and Twenty! Kim Tae-ri is awesome in this role, endearing and outspoken. I really want her to succeed! Nam Joo-hyuk is okay (not much is shown in ep1), but I bet we'll get to know him more. It seems they have a cute and friendly relationship. The synopsis says that they'll fall in love 3 years later, so I won't expect anything romantic at the moment.

Also,

Spoiler

I noticed her daughter's name. She is Kim, while the ML is Baek. Maybe there are twists? I hope it won't be like Rosie (the film with Lily Colins). I'm hoping that he's using his mother surname and not his dad (maybe to escape from loansharks? Or because he is upset with his dad? Or maybe his dad is his step-dad and not real dad?). Please, don't let it be like Rosie, 'cause it was too frustrating.

• Like 3

Two new dramas got off to promising starts last night!

On February 12, both JTBC’s “Forecasting Love and Weather” and tvN’s “Twenty Five, Twenty One” aired their highly-anticipated premieres.

Twenty Five, Twenty One” also outperformed its own predecessor “Bulgasal” with its first episode, which scored an average nationwide rating of 6.4 percent. (“Bulgasal” premiered to a similar average rating of 6.3 percent, but ended on a significantly lower nationwide average of 5.1 percent last week.)

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/forecasting-love-and-weather-and-twenty-five-twenty-one-both-premiere-to-strong-ratings/#ixzz7KkAOmONi

• Like 1

It was funny and awesome how Na Hee-do tried to get on the bad side of the bullies, only to befriend them and even help them. Loved those scenes. The coach said she was unlucky, but Na Hee-do is actually lucky, though not for her own benefit ahahaha :D

• Like 1

Watched ep2 and it was another great episode. Loving the leads relationship. Nice that they start as friends, instead of having romantic feelings straight away.

I get that Yu-rim as lots of things going on, but you can't treat a fan like that, especially Na Hee-do who was trying her hardest to be her worthy opponent.

Today we saw more of Baek Yi-jin and his backstory. He was a chaebol, right? But he had a loving family. The scene with the two ajusshi was heartbreaking. I'm glad Na Hee-do was there to cheer him up. They complement each other: Na Hee-do is cheerful and reckless which gives Baek Yi-jin a positive light in his gloomy life. While Baek Yi-jin is mature and rational which gives Na Hee-do some clarity over her actions.

Can't wait for next weekend.

Btw, how awesome is the ending scene of both episodes with that 90s song? Love it!

• Like 4

Episode 2 was good.

Loving the leads relationship. Nice that they start as friends, instead of having romantic feelings straight away as well.

Yes I feel the same, I get she (Yu-rim) has a lot going on but yeah you can treat anyone like that.

I am so glad we got more of Baek Yi-jin and his backstory to.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Laughed so much in Ep1. KTR is just the best.  Can’t believe how she can pull off being 18 but she had me totally convinced.  Ordinarily I would be cringing at her cheesy antics and all her hair brained attempts to get kicked out of school but I was laughing at her and completely in her corner.

Notes

- her chat room partner was InJeolMi and HD’s username was Ryder37 (her favourite character in the Full House comic).  Maybe this person will be the father of HD’s ballet daughter.  It did occur to me that InJeolMi could be YJ in disguise as well?  
- Also InJeolMi is a type of sticky rice cake.
Cr - https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/injeolmi

Injeolmi is rice cake made with sweet rice (glutinous rice). It’s one of the most popular and common Korean rice cakes and it’s made on special occasions and Festival days. The rice cake is chewy and sticky, so traditionally it was given to newly wedded couples to wish that they get along and ‘stick together’ forever. The bride’s mother also makes this rice cake for the groom’s family in the hopes that her daughter will get along with the  groom’s family.

When the newly wedded couple share the rice cake, they say, “let’s stick to each other forever, just like this injeolmi”

- HD’s mom ripped out the page in the comic where the characters kissed?  I laughed when HD tried to draw a replica of the page and stuck it back on. :lol:.  Her mom ripping up the page is ominous and could be a foreshadowing that she will be the one to come between them?  
- HD was trying to “right the wrongs of her past”?  She was there to watch her daughter dance (with COVID rules!) where her mom failed to attend any of her fencing competitions.  Although given how her mom arranged to meet the coach and get her transferred anyway (behind her back), I get the feeling she may have been wrongly accused by HD in this respect?

- her mom was NOT at her dad’s funeral and the lady coach was.  I wonder what the story was there?  
- not entirely sure I approve of the lady coach’s methods in testing HD.  The second test where she took her shoes seemed petty. Given the flashback later which revealed to us that she was already going to do it when HD’s mom swung by to talk to her.  Could there be some unresolved hurts/bitterness there?  And lady coach took it out on the offspring?  Punishing the child for the sins of the father(mother)?  :blink:

- HD and YJ’s meetings involved “fakes”.  The fake fountain of the Angel peeing :lol:.  This exchange was hilarious.  The fake identity in the night club to try to get herself arrested.  The fake page of the comic.  Could this be hinting that InJeolMi (chat room partner) is also YJ? 

• Like 3

I like that Yi Jin and Hee Do are like each other's confidants. I didn't like how that former disgruntled employee came blaming Yi Jin for somethin' that is out of his control! And he's suffering too HELLo!?

Aww~ Ji Woong with Yu Rim eheheh... The class president is quite the character ahahah. I like how she says stuff but with a poker face LoL!

Hee Do fangirling over Yu Rim is how most would gush over their idol. Some are best left at afar or admire from a distance 'cause once you get close, the fantasy is shattered. I feel like Yu Rim has her own story to tell. Can't wait as also the stories to the other characters.

Oh btw is Yi Jin Hee Do's mystery "Injeolmi"??? And what's his relationship with Yu Rim?? He looked good in that suit too.

• Like 4

After premiering to promising starts, both JTBC’s “Forecasting Love and Weather” and tvN’s “Twenty Five, Twenty One” saw their ratings rise for their second episodes!

“Twenty Five, Twenty One” climbed even higher, taking first place in its time slot across all cable channels with an average nationwide rating of 8.0 percent. The new drama also took first place in its time slot among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it earned an average rating of 4.2 percent.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/forecasting-love-and-weather-and-twenty-five-twenty-one-ratings-rise-for-2nd-episodes/#ixzz7KpyIXwla

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1