[Drama 2021] The Red Sleeve Cuff, 옷소매 붉은 끝동

ferily

21 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Oh, that new MBC video is interesting

1:17..I wonder what Junho asked..    :D

2:06...LSY...       :approves:

hahaha she is adorable... would really hope there would be a lot of BTS/ Making videos from this drama.

I think the leads, and cast are really off to a fun vibe in these Behind the scenes....

as for what JunHo said, the penguin is him, its his alter-animal (Emperor Penpen)

I also read somewhere another translation, where he was told by the etiquette teacher lady: "he can do whatever, he is King"

.....and here he is doing exactly that:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

31 minutes ago, czakhareina said:

it looks so poetic. I can already feel that we will be in for a ton of feels and tears...

Right? I gasped a little, the barely-there contact, it looks so intimate. If they tell this star-crossed lovers story with such electrifying yet nuanced intensity, I predict I'll be a mess. I am so looking forward to this. 

• Blob 1

57 minutes ago, Lbpg said:

Right? I gasped a little, the barely-there contact, it looks so intimate. If they tell this star-crossed lovers story with such electrifying yet nuanced intensity, I predict I'll be a mess. I am so looking forward to this. 

I feel you. 

Plus in Kdramaland where wrist grabs are somewhat norm, these type of contact has my heart in so much knots and flutter.

Also I remember a scene from a kdrama, where the the guy reached out to the girl with his palm up. He was offering her a chance to decide to take his hand or not. When she finally reached out and placed her hand in his, that was when my heart fluttered to good.  The poster above kinda represented that moment. A moment of one of my fave kdrama ever that just highlighted a scene like so that still makes my heart flutter. So even if I am a minority in being biased with that drama, I still stand firmly for that drama, because of that moment...  and that scene...

so poster above totally hooked me, whoever is the art director of this drama, I commend you...

it is a complex poster, cause he is the one with power (the crown prince) but he is still the one reaching out and waiting for her to take his hand. I can feel such apprehension and as you've mentioned "nuanced intensity". Specially in this this barely-there contact and in that specific hand placement.

hahahaha I feel like I am making extrapolation and high expectation just based on initial poster.

But man it just gives me so much feels...

45 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Thanks for the Eng sub video @czakhareina!:).

BTW there is Part 2 of that Video with the NG. and here it is:

and the cast being adorable, the Pleaasssssse part of Junho and Seyoung is adorable

but Lee Deokhwa-nim was specially adorable and loveable...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

character descriptions

http://program.imbc.com/Cast/redsleeve

I hope someone translates it...

On 9/24/2021 at 4:28 PM, rocher22 said:

This poster looks like a cover of a book...   nice...

yet, now I wonder if she will honestly take his hand...  :unsure:

I love the way he looks at her...

based on history, yes. but I do wonder how the novel wrote her. I wish there was a translation for the novel

• Like 2

2PM’s Junho And Lee Se Young Are In Their Own World In New Historical Drama

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

September 24, 2021 | by L. Kim

MBC’s new drama “The Red Sleeve Cuff” (literal title) has shared an intriguing sneak peek of the chemistry between its leads!

Based on a popular novel, “The Red Sleeve Cuff” is a traditional historical drama that tells the record of an imperial court romance between a court lady who wanted to protect the life she had chosen and an emperor who put the nation first before love.

2PM’s Junho stars as Yi San, the direct descendant and eldest grandson of the King. Lee Se Young stars as court lady Seong Deok Im, who wants to make her own decisions about life rather than be one of the King’s many women.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Yi San and Seong Deok Im stand alone by a quiet pond. Yi San exudes grace and power in his royal robe, and Seong Deok Im is wearing a traditional dress with red sleeve cuffs. The two characters make heart-fluttering eye contact, and the romantic atmosphere is enhanced by the beautiful scenery.

However, it’s intriguing to see the two looking at each other because court ladies aren’t actually allowed to look the crown prince in the eye. Yi San gazes at Seong Deok Im with sparkling eyes of interest, and she stares back at him with a slightly timid expression. What kind of romance will blossom between these two in the future?

“The Red Sleeve Cuff” will premiere on November 5 at 10 p.m. KST.

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1490008wpp/2pms-junho-and-lee-se-young-are-in-their-own-world-in-new-historical-drama

• Like 1