[Drama 2021] The Red Sleeve Cuff, 옷소매 붉은 끝동

ferily

7 hours ago, czakhareina said:

I feel you. 

Plus in Kdramaland where wrist grabs are somewhat norm, these type of contact has my heart in so much knots and flutter.

Also I remember a scene from a kdrama, where the the guy reached out to the girl with his palm up. He was offering her a chance to decide to take his hand or not. When she finally reached out and placed her hand in his, that was when my heart fluttered to good.  The poster above kinda represented that moment. A moment of one of my fave kdrama ever that just highlighted a scene like so that still makes my heart flutter. So even if I am a minority in being biased with that drama, I still stand firmly for that drama, because of that moment...  and that scene...

so poster above totally hooked me, whoever is the art director of this drama, I commend you...

it is a complex poster, cause he is the one with power (the crown prince) but he is still the one reaching out and waiting for her to take his hand. I can feel such apprehension and as you've mentioned "nuanced intensity". Specially in this this barely-there contact and in that specific hand placement.

hahahaha I feel like I am making extrapolation and high expectation just based on initial poster.

But man it just gives me so much feels...

I feel the same way - this poster was extra effective! I think we've been feeding a bit on crumbs, and frankly I hadn't felt much connection between the leads with the released stills and videos so far, so I'm very encouraged by all they released today. 

:sparklyeyes:

• Blob 1

15 hours ago, Lbpg said:

I feel the same way - this poster was extra effective! I think we've been feeding a bit on crumbs, and frankly I hadn't felt much connection between the leads with the released stills and videos so far, so I'm very encouraged by all they released today. 

oh for me I loved the stills, they both looked good, though LSY looked very out of place as a court lady looking straight at a crown prince daringly. and Junho's crown Prince looking okay with her looking at him straight when he seemed to be described as a very protocol-following crown prince. so this is such a break in norm...

but again they looks so darn pretty, that I love it, especially since it seemed to be meeting just between them in a secret garden of some sort.

......though I guess, this could be more of my bias heart making me see through rose-colored eyes. 

but yup the poster totally was a different and elevated vibe.

[Eng Trans] Character Description

• Insightful 2

11 hours ago, czakhareina said:

oh for me I loved the stills, they both looked good, though LSY looked very out of place as a court lady looking straight at a crown prince daringly. and Junho's crown Prince looking okay with her looking at him straight when he seemed to be described as a very protocol-following crown prince. so this is such a break in norm...

but again they looks so darn pretty, that I love it, especially since it seemed to be meeting just between them in a secret garden of some sort.

......though I guess, this could be more of my bias heart making me see through rose-colored eyes. 

but yup the poster totally was a different and elevated vibe.

I'm with you on the latest stills, the previous one were the ones I was unsure about, and I'm okay if our bias enhances the appreciation, hehe. I'm reassured we're in for a ride! 

:approves:

• Blob 1

Kwon Hyunbin with his costume in front of coffee trucks

Kwon Hyun Bin Thanks BTS’s Jin And Yoo Seung Ho For Warm Gift On Set Of His New Drama

BTS’s Jin and Yoo Seung Ho sent a thoughtful gift to their good friend Kwon Hyun Bin!

On September 25, Kwon Hyun Bin took to his Instagram to share photos with a coffee truck on the set of his upcoming historical drama “The Red Sleeve Cuff” (literal translation). The coffee truck was sent by Jin and Yoo Seung Ho. In a previous interview, he mentioned they were good friends. In the caption, he expressed his gratefulness to them, saying, “Thank you so much, hyungnims (a polite way of saying hyung).”

The banner at the top of the truck humorously reads, “Superstar Kim Seok Jin (Jin’s full name) and nation’s actor Yoo Seung Ho are cheering for the normal Kwon Hyun Bin.” For the side banner, they wrote, “Way to go, Jung Baek Ik (the name of Kwon Hyun Bin’s character)! Way to go, ‘The Red Sleeve Cuff’!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUO1ajglnZp/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=2b6909d2-83af-49cb-87e2-db6d2422722d

MBC’s “The Red Sleeve Cuff” (literal translation) is based on a novel of the same name and tells a love story between a court lady who wants to protect the life she has chosen, and an emperor, who puts his nation before love. The leads will be portrayed by 2PM’s Junho and Lee Se Young.

Kwon Hyun Bin will be portraying Jung Baek Ik, the adopted son of Princess Hwawan, who is played by Seo Hyo Rim. Jung Baek Ik is absolutely obedient to Princess Hwawan because she made him a grandchild of the king. However, internally, he has an inferiority complex about his low social status at birth and is thus incredibly ambitious for power.

“The Red Sleeve Cuff” will premiere in November.

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1490119wpp/kwon-hyun-bin-thanks-btss-jin-and-yoo-seung-ho-for-warm-gift-on-set-of-his-new-drama

• Blob 2

On 9/26/2021 at 1:23 AM, rocher22 said:

I just realized that their sleeves are on the poster...   

yeah I think its where the title came from. Lee Seyoung's character being a court lady and having the court lady uniform with red sleeve cuff. and her decision to live a life free from the concubine of the king...

Filming today at Gwanghallu Garden,  Namwon

Original post --> Here

Namwon's Gwanghallu is this:

Gwanghallu Garden - Review of Gwanghallu Pavilion, Namwon, South Korea -  Tripadvisor 

• Like 3

2PM’s Junho And Lee Se Young’s Upcoming Historical Drama Unveils Romantic Poster Full Of Longing

Sep 24, 2021 | by C. Hong

MBC’s upcoming drama “The Red Sleeve” has released a teaser poster!

Based on a popular novel, “The Red Sleeve” is a traditional historical drama that tells the record of an imperial court romance between a court lady who wanted to protect the life she had chosen and an emperor who put the nation first before love.

2PM’s Junho stars as Yi San, the direct descendant and eldest grandson of the king, who will later become King Jeongjo. Lee Se Young stars as Seong Deok Im, a court lady who wants to make her own decisions about life rather than be one of the king’s many women.

The poster captures both the closeness and the distance between these two characters, Yi San and Seong Deok Im, as they begin their court romance while hidden from the eyes of the world. Neither of the characters’ faces appear, and are instead symbolized by their sleeve cuffs, which represent their social positions: the royal navy robes of the eldest son of the crown prince and the red sleeve cuff of a court lady. Although their hands touch, they are not quite hand-in-hand, suggesting that the two are at odds with what they want in life versus what they love.

the-red-sleeve-cuff-junho-lee-se-young.j

“The Red Sleeve” premieres on November 5 and will be available on Viki.

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1490059wpp/2pms-junho-and-lee-se-youngs-upcoming-historical-drama-unveils-romantic-poster-full-of-longing

• Like 1

Introducing The Royal Family

aka the family of Lee San

Lee San's Grandfather:

King YeongJo

6e5ff21b6d800b1c321876f2f08711a740566e1c

Lee San's grandfather 2nd Queen

Queen Jeongsun

ec42ed088497b4848f949d25da4d1746b273bc1e

Lee San's Mother

Lady Hyegyeong/Lady Hyebin

434c4a3392e0f4a991f71b5bd6d7d3184fd60c28

...with some extended family

Spoiler

Lee San's First Sister's and her Husband

Princess Cheongyeon married to Kim Doosung

75fd6c391785edb96aa191e8684b6332ee4b0e053a09101bf6b80aa9f407ac5a329429b2e60d8d57

Lee San's Second Sister and her husband

Princess Cheongseon married to Jeong JaeHwa

a9364621d0527ba3b3a2fd3229d68ebc302991ef40738a623fe8571ff06c22f174b89d18a26344db

Lee San's Aunt and her family

Princess Hwawan

f8fef8afa409a08b0257bd869b54319ce36583f6

her Adopted Son, Jeong BaekIk

ec2573137f60909b65768951ba348e2330dc6d68

I do Hope there would be better translation of character description sometime soon... 

anyway taken pics from here: http://program.imbc.com/Cast/redsleeve

• Thanks 2

The Court Ladies

(Sung DeokIm's People)

Head Court Lady

Court Lady Jo

536753eafd5867475488ca19d47f5ec5fadc7255

Mother-figure for Seng Deok-Im

Court Lady Seo

ae861125a6f3c56d9cf96f6f68c57005545e6927

Court Lady Park

Younghee's Master

cda789f5dc45f51ebd5403b32345baf8de56b18a

Spoiler

Kang Wolhee

Lady-in-waiting at the Crown Prince Palace

Senior of Sung DeokIm

b8df974ccffad5a9748fba4596fd2e1328af5a59

Kim Beokyeon

Assigned at the washing & bathing department

Sung DeokIm's Friend 

1da6a868232ed9e85097bb00015a62a16bc47c5f

Son Yonghee

Assigned at the laundry department

26e8d216ff20764dd5a85d907fd951b2fe13eb9e

Bae Baekhee

Assigned at the sewing department

2f11e7bd60914c65ebb4b2bce12492cc46ade550

• Like 2

Translation for the Teaser:

SDI: Embroidery room

SDI: Laundry room

SDI: Bathing room

SDI: Internal Affairs

SDI: The 700+ court ladies living in the palace are all the king's women

LE: The symbolised sleeve cuffs were dyed strongly in red

SDI: <The Red Sleeve Cuff> premieres on 11/5

credit https://jlml718.home.blog/

Spoiler

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

What...   ''The 700+court ladies...''...   :o

its a little fun that the prince fell in love with the only girl who doesnt want to be his concubine.. 

:wub:

soompi

hahaha when you put it that way... hahaha it is pretty great odd. 1 in the 700.

Lee Se Young Gives A Glimpse Of A Court Lady’s Life In Upcoming Historical Drama Starring 2PM’s Junho

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Sep 29, 2021 | by L. Kim

2PM’s Junho and Lee Se Young’s upcoming MBC drama “The Red Sleeve Cuff” has released a new teaser!

Based on a popular novel, “The Red Sleeve Cuff” is a traditional historical drama that tells the record of an imperial court romance between a court lady who wanted to protect the life she had chosen and an emperor who put the nation first before love.

Junho stars as Yi San, the direct descendant and eldest grandson of the king, who will later become King Jeongjo. Lee Se Young stars as Seong Deok Im, a court lady who wants to make her own decisions about life rather than be one of the king’s many women.

The vibrant teaser starts off by showing the objects that court ladies use at the palace. Seong Deok Im settles down in front of a court lady’s signature dress with red sleeves and begins to neatly fold it. Her voiceover narrates, “All 700 court ladies living in the palace were the king’s women,” hinting the painful lives of court ladies who can do nothing but serve the king for the rest of their lives.

On the other hand, Yisan declares, “The tips of the sleeves dyed with that mark were a very coy red.” His narration alludes to the beauty of court ladies who do not lose their subjectivity even in the face of their destiny. At the same time, it shows that he is fascinated with their beauty.

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1490915wpp/watch-lee-se-young-gives-a-glimpse-of-a-court-ladys-life-in-upcoming-historical-drama-starring-2pms-junho

• Blob 1