[Drama 2021] The Red Sleeve Cuff, 옷소매 붉은 끝동

ferily

Woohoo. I asked and MBC delivered. Lee Deokhwan!!!

it is gonna be interesting to watch the interaction between Lee Deokhwa and Lee Junho as King Yeongjo and Crown Prince Yi San.

King Yeongjo is probably has one of the most interesting royal history from the time he was born to a palace maid, to his rise as the king even with the opposition of nobles due to his low born origin. and then his success and his intelligence. then the issues with Crown prince Sado, and finally to his grandson Yi San. 
I just hope the scriptwriter will do some interesting set up and dialogues, cause I really am excited for this drama.

PS. does anyone know if there is an english translation for the novel where this drama will be taken...?

• ferily changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] The Red Sleeve Cuff, 옷소매 붉은 끝동, Fri & Sat @ 22:00 KST - Premieres in November 5th

2PM’s Junho, Lee Se Young, And More Impress With Their Chemistry At Script Reading For Historical Drama + Premiere Date Revealed

2PM’s Junho, Lee Se Young, And More Impress With Their Chemistry At Script Reading For Historical Drama + Premiere Date Revealed

Sep 8, 2021 by S. Nam

MBC’s upcoming drama “The Red Sleeve Cuff” (literal title) revealed a behind-the-scenes look at the first script reading!

The new Friday-Saturday drama “The Red Sleeve Cuff” will be a record of an imperial court romance between a court lady who wanted to protect the life she had chosen and an emperor who put the nation first before love. The drama is based on a popular novel of the same name and will be a traditional sageuk (historical drama). “The Red Sleeve Cuff” has been confirmed to premiere on November 5.

The script reading for the drama took place earlier in May with director Jung Ji In and scriptwriter Jung Hae Ri as well as actors Junho, Lee Se Young, Kang Hoon, Lee Deok Hwa, Park Ji Young, Jang Hee Jin, Jang Hye Jin, Jo Hee Bong, Seo Hyo Rim, Kang Mal Geum, Oh Dae Hwan, Lee Min Ji, Ha Yul Ri, Lee Eun Saem, Kwon Hyun Bin, and more. During the session, each actor flawlessly immersed themselves into their roles to showcase their passionate acting.

2PM’s Junho plays the meticulous and proud Yi San, who was born as the direct descendant and eldest grandson of the King. Junho added a magnetic appeal on top of the character’s fastidious nature and serious charisma, raising even more anticipation for the actor’s portrayal. Lee Se Young stars as court lady Seong Deok Im, who wants to independently make decisions about her life rather than be one of the King’s many women. Using her bright and carefree yet clever charm, Lee Se Young developed a character viewers can’t help but love.

Spoiler

Junho1.jpg

Lee-Se-Young1.jpg

Kang Hoon also realistically portrayed the character Hong Deok Ro, who hides a cold personality beneath his warm and gentle appearance, while Lee Deok Hwa impressed with his powerful presence as he transformed into Yeongjo. Furthermore, reliable actors such as Park Ji Young and Jang Hee Jin heightened the quality of the drama even further.

Spoiler

Kang-Hoon.jpg

The-Red-Sleeve-Cuff.jpg

The actors at the script reading had such undeniable chemistry that it was difficult to believe it was the first time they were working together. Despite the barrier created by the difference in their characters’ statuses, Junho and Lee Se Young still portrayed exceptional chemistry, raising anticipation for their heart-fluttering romance in the future. Junho’s relationship with Kang Hoon and Lee Deok Hwa were also highlighted during the script reading, while Lee Se Young, Jang Hye Jin, Lee Min Ji, Ha Yul Ri, and Lee Eun Saem brought endless laughter to the set as they acted out the refreshing story revolving around the court ladies.

Spoiler

The-Red-Sleeve-Cuff-2.jpg

Following the script reading, the two leading actors shared their thoughts on their first experience acting together. Junho shared, “Lee Se Young is an actress I wanted to meet through a project one day, so I’m happy to work with her like this.” He added, “I think this drama has a different, special, and novel charm compared to the original work. Please love it a lot.

Lee Se Young commented, “I really enjoyed the script and the original work. I prepared for this project while hoping to portray Deok Im beyond how she is portrayed within the original work. I’m anticipating that we’ll be able to showcase fantastic teamwork.

“The Red Sleeve Cuff” will premiere on November 5 at 10 p.m. KST.

• Like 1

actress Jang Heejin posted a short clip of being prepared for wedding/coronated as queen jeongsun

source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CTltgzNDTyG/

and I just realized the the 2nd half of this year will be with ladden with sagueks with female leads that started as child stars and now has grown before the audience's eyes:

• Red Sky with Kim YooJung 
  • Affection with Park Eunbin
  • Red Sleeve Cuff with Lee Seyoung

excited that more sagueks are here for this end of the year...!!!

• Like 1