[Drama 2021] The Red Sleeve Cuff, 옷소매 붉은 끝동

ferily

5 Rising male actors in their 20s-30s who are ready to comeback to acting after completing their military service

1633121939-0000791956-001-20211001080029

Five rising male actors in their 20s-30s are expected to come back to the screen after discharge from military service. They are 2PM's Lee Junho, EXO's DO Kyungsoo, HIGHLIGHT's Yoon Doo Joon, Park Hyung Sik, and Lee Jong Suk.

Lee Junho has been active with 2PM's full group activities, and various variety shows since he was discharged from military service in March 2021. He will lead MBC's new historical fantasy drama series 'The Red Sleeve Cuff.' The drama will premiere on November 5.

Junho plays a perfectionist crown prince, Lee San, also known as Yi San, later becoming King Jeongjo of Joseon. Junho is ready to captive the viewer's heart by his charismatic monarch and acting skill. He is well-known as a talented actor who appeared in several dramas such as KBS2's Chief Kim and tvN's Confession.

LINK: https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/10/5-rising-male-actors-in-their-20s-30s-who-are-ready-to-comeback-to-acting-after-completing-their-military-service

The MBC_Drama Tweet caption the poster with:

#TheRedSleeveCuff 2nd poster

A court lady who wants to protect the life she has chosen. The sorrowful court romance of a king who put the country first before love. 1st broadcast on Fri, Nov. 5 at 10pm KST!

MBC #이세영 #LeeSeYoung #李世榮 #イセヨン #옷소매붉은끝동 #JunHo

also the quote in the poster...

Spoiler

This One:

FA5BOI-XMAkeqfK?format=jpg&name=large

it reads:

“The King loved the court lady,

but did the court lady also love the king?”

• Like 2

Lee Se Young And 2PM’s Junho Are Separated By More Than Just A Veil In “The Red Sleeve Cuff” Poster

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 5, 2021 | by S. Nam

The upcoming MBC drama “The Red Sleeve Cuff” released a new poster!

Based on a popular novel, “The Red Sleeve Cuff” is a traditional historical drama that tells the record of an imperial court romance between a court lady who wanted to protect the life she had chosen and an emperor who put the nation first before love.

Junho stars as Yi San, the direct descendant and eldest grandson of the king, who will later become King Jeongjo. Lee Se Young stars as Seong Deok Im, a court lady who wants to make her own decisions about life rather than be one of the king’s many women.

In the newly released poster, Yi San and Seong Deok Im are each in their own space. Seong Deok Im sits inside the library, while Yi San is separated from her by a thin sheet of cloth. The scene appears to be conveying the distance in status between the eldest grandson to the king and a court lady. The text above them reads, “The king loved the court lady. Did the court lady love the king?”

Although their eyes don’t meet, the two people seem to be aware of each other’s presence, creating a heart-fluttering thrill. Yi San appears to fondly glance at Seong Deok Im through the thin fabric, while Seong Deok Im makes effort to ignore his gaze. Despite the static atmosphere, their feelings can’t help but waver, making viewers curious about the upcoming romance and chemistry between the two actors.

The Red Sleeve Cuff” premieres on November 5 and will be available on Viki. Watch a teaser for the drama here!

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1491870wpp/lee-se-young-and-2pms-junho-are-separated-by-more-than-just-a-veil-in-the-red-sleeve-cuff-poster

Watch: 2PM’s Junho Finds Himself Unexpectedly Growing Fond Of Lee Se Young In “The Red Sleeve Cuff” Teaserdummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oct 6, 2021 | by S. Nam

2PM’s Junho and Lee Se Young’s upcoming drama “The Red Sleeve Cuff” released a heart-fluttering new teaser!

Based on a popular novel, “The Red Sleeve Cuff” is a traditional historical drama that tells the record of an imperial court romance between a court lady who wanted to protect the life she had chosen and an emperor who put the nation first before love.

Junho stars as Yi San, the direct descendant and eldest grandson of the king, who will later become King Jeongjo. Lee Se Young stars as Seong Deok Im, a court lady who wants to make her own decisions about life rather than be one of the king’s many women.

The new teaser captures Yi San’s perspective on how he views court lady Seong Deok Im. The preview begins with Seong Deok Im picking out flowers as Yi San narrates, “You are but one of numerous court ladies, and I didn’t think you were even slightly important.” However, Yi San’s arrogance soon breaks as he begins to see the special and lovable nature of Seong Deok Im, who is more beautiful than any wild flower, has a smile warmer than the sun, and exudes elegance as she enjoys writing in the library.

Yi San suddenly appears in front of Seong Deok Im when she’s about to leave the library, making her flustered from almost bumping into him. Seong Deok Im takes a few steps back while Yi San observes her with a sharp gaze, approaching her one step at a time. Yi San breaks into an unexpected smile after reading the letter of apology from Seong Deok Im, and she responds with a mischievous smile of her own. He continues to narrate, “However, now I’m not so sure. You make me waver. This will be troublesome.”

The teaser of the prickly and arrogant Yi San gradually growing attached to the ambitious Seong Deok Im previews the upcoming romance to come. Already, viewers are looking forward to the sweet romantic chemistry between Junho and Lee Se Young.

“The Red Sleeve Cuff” premieres on November 5 and will be available on Viki. Watch the full teaser below!

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1492088wpp/watch-2pms-junho-finds-himself-unexpectedly-growing-fond-of-lee-se-young-in-the-red-sleeve-cuff-teaser

24 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

omo..omo...this teaser..  such a beautiful and smiling couple...   :wub:

IKR. They look adorable:

FA_OYBiUUAcWGll?format=jpg&name=medium

and it feels like a sweet kind of romance, until you get the translation of what Lee San said.

but for me it is interesting that Lee San smiled upon reading what DeokIm wrote. I wonder what she wrote....?

24 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

about the pic

---> I think that Behind the scene pic was taken last week. JH was filming until early morning of friday last week, he was able to get home only at 4:30am.....

also mentioned a bit of spoiler from his first ever VLOG:
e64fc61f662ed47a16b682f37e9f74e01a8b946c

So there will be the post-military shower bath scene!!!

• Blob 2

I shouldnt have  read anything about the drama before it started airing.

maybe thats why it seems to me that her smile is so innocent while his smile is 

a little restrained..of course Lee San is a crown prince and he can laugh as he wants...  :wub:

I felt a little sorry  for her anyway...  

1 hour ago, czakhareina said:

IKR. They look adorable:

and it feels like a sweet kind of romance, until you get the translation of what Lee San said.

but for me it is interesting that Lee San smiled upon reading what DeokIm wrote. I wonder what she wrote....?

Oh, it was a letter of apology ...I wonder what she did so she had to write an apology...   :D

A202110060057_1_20211006092116442.jpg?ty

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/215/0000988522#

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

Oh, it was a letter of apology ...I wonder what she did so she had to write an apology...   :D

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/215/0000988522#

oh so that was why the animation was bowing.... 

I hope there was some translation to what she wrote...

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

I shouldnt have  read anything about the drama before it started airing.

maybe thats why it seems to me that her smile is so innocent while his smile is 

a little restrained..of course Lee San is a crown prince and he can laugh as he wants...  :wub:

I felt a little sorry  for her anyway...  

true.

Reading on Lee San, he really has a lot on his plate.

I mean being a royal and a crown prince at that, is not exactly as cushiony as one would expect

but Lee San is one of those crown prince that had a lot to handle from a very young age.

I mean, he maybe the crown prince, but he also also considered the son of a criminal or a mad man. 

that certainly adds so another layer baggage's into ones growth in an already treacherous palace life.

• Like 1

I like the message/symbolism in this teaser. 

it starts off with Lee San as crown prince in the throne room/hall, in his royal bravado.

....yet so alone 

Spoiler

f4aa4aa4ea262714ed69e7032302db8e3d4f32bc

they show the some statues and objects that depict him: Strength, guardianship, power.

All duties of  what a ruler and royal inheritor will carry on their shoulder.

Spoiler

c349a32f35b1309ba2676e5c3ad47c824415268e

then his world totally engulf in darkness and more loneliness...

Spoiler

795e4d9b8cfce0c22d2ebd596e3a6cfb0d7319f6

Sung DoekIm comes with her single candle light,

...that starts to light up the whole room

Spoiler

2f23f11a936f7eda9908b4e82a1a5903c8019921

in the throne room

...he is not so alone anymore

...or in much darkness anymore

as she smiles at him.

Spoiler

d070dc1525eae0647333fbc60bb41af5027fa6c9

...well it is just my interpretation of it!!!

• Like 1