• Height: 182cm
  • Weight: 74kg
  • Star sign: Sagittarius
  • Blood type: A
  • Talent agency: Hunus Entertainment

TV Shows

Movies

Recognitions

• 2017 MBC Drama Awards: Male Top Excellence in a Soap Opera (Return of Bok Dan Ji)
  • 2012 K-Drama Star Awards: Fashionista Award

Trivia

• KPOP group: X5 / 5WHO
  • Education: Dankook University (Theatre Department)

External Links

Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/KoSeWonSG

http://star.koreandrama.org/go-se-won/

https://asianwiki.com/Ko_Se-Won

https://www.hancinema.net/korean_Ko_Se-won.php

Ko Se-won

Go Se-won (born December 13, 1979) is a South Korean actor. Go began his acting career in musical theatre, then made the leap to television in 2007. He has played supporting roles in several Korean dramas such as Three Brothers, Cinderella's Sister, Three Sisters, You Don't Know Women, and The Moon and Stars for You. Go has also appeared in 13 seasons of cable sitcom Rude Miss Young-ae. In 2013, he was cast in his first onscreen leading role in the daily melodrama Crazy Love. 

Go was the main lead in the drama series titled The Return of Bok Dan Ji (돌아온 복단지 | dol-a-on bok-dan-ji) MBC drama where he won the 2017 Top Excellence Award as Best Actor in a Serial Drama.

photo926119.jpg

Go Se-Won was loved by many fans when he portrayed the role of Park Moo-Hyuk in the SBS mini-series You Don't Know Women with another actress Kim Ji-Hoo.  Go was recently in the 2020 drama Fatal Promise (lit. Dangerous Promise) The Mega Monster-produced series, directed by Kim Shin-il and written by Ma Ju-hee, revolves around revenge of a girl who was unjustly sacrificed, by a man to save his family in exchange for injustice and compromise to reality.[3] The daily drama was premiered on KBS2 on March 30, 2020 and aired every weekday at 19:50 (KST) till August 28, 2020.

In Fatal Promise Go portrayed as Kang Tae-in, F-Sports Group director who is cold-hearted / A man who compromised with reality for his family. Grown up as the son of an ordinary family, he rose from the F-Sports group's lower end staff to executive positions with only one skill. He has even received the credentials of the chairman with his cool reason and thorough judgment. However, Choi Joon-hyuk's strategy leads to being driven to the end of the cliff, and eventually, he abandons his promise with Cha Eun-dong and compromises with reality. Kang Tae-in, suffering from guilty, has never forgotten her. Seven years later, she appears in front of him in anger, and the sealed Pandora's box opens.

I hope there are some fans of Go se won who will come here albeit this great actor seems under-rated but I was very impressed with him in all the dramas I've watched recently! It's unfortunate on my part that I did not know him years ago until I happen to came across an old drama of his and thought woah why didn't I hear about him many years past? I guess we can say there's always 'a better late, than never' in this world!  So I hope by taking my busy time I'm able to get his name on the actors/actresses list!!! :approves:

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

Video clips from his drama Crazy Love

Video clip from his drama You Don't Know Women

Mask King Singer clip from his participation:

Spoiler

Edited by gm4queen
Please put 4th video onwards under spoilers! Thanks!
  • Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 6:25 PM, wayde said:

Hey, thank you so much for sharing all these tv shows with us 

You're very welcome! Pls come again :)

Thank you as well!

I'll Give You The Stars and The Moon

Spoiler

Moon and Stars for You - AsianWiki

Cast of I'll Give You the Moon and the Stars (2012)

This drama is one of Go se won's nice drama to watch albeit it's been a few yrs old but it's well worth watching in terms of family drama!

With his co-star in I'll Give You The Moon and The Stars

Another promo picture from same drama!

• Like 1

@serenilmauve@chococarmelathank you both for your help & warm welcome to this new thread! Your help in opening this thread was a great help! Also to @rubiewho directed me to where I should go :)

Your support to soompiers (?) like me are very much appreciated!

I just hope Go se won's thread will be visited by his fans who probab didn't even know he's got a newly created thread here! Likewise, when I got to hear or see him in one of his old dramas, I was completely drawn to him and started searching for whatever I cld find about him, and one of the sites I thought of, course soompi but sadly when I checked the actors' list, his name was nowhere to be found :( that's what prompted me to start this thread! :) 

So thanks to Soompi and you guys....mods...who make this thread alive & well for Kdrama addicts! :approves:

Ko Se-won

:heart: this photo of his!

Ko Se-won

Ko Se-won

:heart2:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, thanie said:

@hibiscus23, this is cool. You went hiatus for while and came back with a new thread!!! Of course, with our CLOY and Chocolate Couple as Signature. Hehe! Hope to see more of your post's/entries here in Soompi!

@thanie thanks chingoo! yup you're right i went hiatus :) and thought where better to spread this guy's attributes than here! It's also great to see you again chingoo! i miss our other chingoos of CLOY and Choco drama eh?  Hope you check GSW if you're into family dramas I think you'll like this actor too, he's so charming & great in his roles! I'm even watching him in one of his old dramas w/o subs, IKR it's a struggle and challenging at that to be able to discern at least what's gg on esp what they're talking about, but I get some ideas and it's a nice drama!

See you soon!

:coolshades:

WE82526193_ori

Here Comes Love Kdrama (another must-watch drama of GSW)

Pin on bahan cerita

Synopsis

A family drama about a woman who is hurt by love, striving for small happiness and realizing the preciousness of family. 

Spoiler

Well, do I need to go further? Min Soo, a wedding planner and entrepreneur, saw Eun Hee and was reminded by his dead fiancee. His sister, Seon-Yeong, is married to Byung Hoon. Byung Hoon is the RickRoll'D aka Lee Hae In’s dad! To add fun into this triangle, Byung Hoon is cheating on his wife with Min Soo’s assistant Da Hee. Da Hee is also a bridal dress designer and a friend to Seon Yeong. What makes it worse is that Byung Hoon told his wife that Da Hee is his cousin! Lord have mercy! So well, yeah that’s a very messy mess in a nutshell! Byung Hoon and Da Hee are a match made from hell! They are both wicked and inhuman!

credit: https://mymyooz.wordpress.com/2016/08/18/just-dropped-here-comes-love/

SR43439074_w1280_h720

Go se won as Min Soo, a wedding planner and entrepreneur.  This was the first time I came across this drama of Go se won & from this drama I just fell for his acting and needless to say, his handsomeness :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Spoiler

Don't Know Her

Go se won as Park Moo hyuk started in the drama as a lead rock singer & transformed into an heir to his father's underwear business! :)

Spoiler

fullsizephoto140520.jpg

Kim ji hoo and Go se won got a great chem in You Don't Know Women, this drama may be about 10 yrs old or so but it's one of the most kdramas I got hooked to :) I'm even watching it w/o subs & cldn't believe why this nice family drama with so much love depicted in it, esp the love story between Lee min jong played by Kim ji-ho & Park Moo-hyuk played by Go se won in this drama did not get subbed at all, let alone uploaded on several popular online drama sites???? It's sad but am happy I can watch it even w/o Eng subs! It's never too late they say & am enjoying it immensely esp these two actors' role in it!

Spoiler

• Like 1

His other drama Return of Lucky Pot is the drama he won an award in 2017 as Best Actor in a daily drama MBC Drama Awards!

(I still have to watch this one after his other drama You Don't Know Women)

Return of the Lucky Pot

The cast of Return of Lucky Pot with another great actor Lee Pil Mo, and Kang Seong Yeon, Song Seon Mi & of course Go Se Won!

Return of the Lucky Pot

Go se won and his co-star & wife in the drama Seong sun mi

Return of the Lucky Pot

Script Reading

This is a drama about a woman who is poor but proud, meeting a prince who has hit the ground and realizes the true meaning of love and family.

Bok Dan Ji (Kang Sung Yun) supports her family as a bus driver for a private institute. She meets Han Jung Ok (Go Se Won) who is from a wealthy background and then falls in love with her.

Spoiler

Return of the Lucky Pot музыка из фильма | Return of the Lucky Pot / 돌아온  복단지 삽입곡 Original Soundtrack - Single

The Wedding in the drama Lucky Pot

• Like 1

@thaniechingoo howdy? thx for your visiting the GSW site! you're just amazing! :)  it's nice to see more of you after a long absence fr us :)

you take care & be safe! i hope you'll hv time to check out some of this wonderful actor's dramas when you have a chance!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

May be an image of 2 people

Kdramas won't be complete without piggy-back scenes - fr his drama Return of Bok Dan Ji or Return of Lucky Pot with actress Song Sun-Mi.

May be an image of 2 people and people smiling

and with Kang Sung Yun as Bok Dan Ji, his lead actress in the drama

May be an image of 1 person

Spoiler

May be an image of 4 people and people smiling

In this drama GSW's role was married to 2 women and with Bok Dan Ji as his 2nd wife after his divorce in the drama with Song Sun-Mi (below)

May be an image of 2 people and people smiling

• Like 1