[Drama 2022] Ghost Doctor, 고스트 닥터

agenth

On January 31, viewership ratings for dramas dipped across the board due to the ongoing Lunar New Year holiday.

According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of tvN’s “Ghost Doctor” scored an average nationwide rating of 4.0, marking a significant decrease from its previous episode last week, when it set a new personal record with a nationwide average of 6.2 percent.

However, “Ghost Doctor” still remained first place in its time slot across all channels—including public broadcast networks—among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average nationwide rating of 2.1 percent and a peak of 2.4 percent.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/ghost-doctor-remains-no-1-in-time-slot-as-drama-ratings-dip-for-lunar-new-year-holiday/#ixzz7JbqHmhWV

• Like 2
  • Love 1

***  Episode 9 hints at Oh Soo Jung's family, specifically her grandfather…might be Tess. 

Finally, after the long wait, Dr. Jang Se Jin saw a slight hope in Cha Young Min's status after his brain showed signs of improvement, which he called the "happy hormone." Upon knowing this, Go Seung Tak jumped for knowing that his senior might possibly wake up from a coma.

Ahn Tae Hyun spilled the details regarding his hunch about the thoracic surgeon and Go Seung Tak. He is eager to prove his claims, suggesting that he observe Go Seung Tak's surgery. He mentioned what Cha Young Min used to do in the surgery, like how he did his hand exercise before the operation and how he wrapped up every surgery. This, Han Seung Won was surprised to witness Dr. Cha's trait in Go Seung Tak.   :Megathanks:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

@willenette based on episode 9, yes I think Tess is Oh Soo Jung grandpa. Isn't she and Seung Tak are childhood bestie? So Tess and Seung Tak granpa is bestie too and I think both of them working at the hospital during their younger day. My suspicion is Tess is a doctor and he is the one who possed Young Min when he was an intern. He is another exceptional doctor too probably now he is losing his skill as a doctor. 

I really love the side story now they are helped another three ghost in order to save Young Min. I really hope this drama give us happy ending. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, orion00 said:

@willenette based on episode 9, yes I think Tess is Oh Soo Jung grandpa. Isn't she and Seung Tak are childhood bestie? So Tess and Seung Tak granpa is bestie too and I think both of them working at the hospital during their younger day. My suspicion is Tess is a doctor and he is the one who possed Young Min when he was an intern. He is another exceptional doctor too probably now he is losing his skill as a doctor. 

I really love the side story now they are helped another three ghost in order to save Young Min. I really hope this drama give us happy ending. 

@orion00 ye, I also hope that this drama will have a happy-ending. I'm a sucker for happy-ending stories. 

:rubchin:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, willenette said:

He mentioned what Cha Young Min used to do in the surgery, like how he did his hand exercise before the operation and how he wrapped up every surgery. This, Han Seung Won was surprised to witness Dr. Cha's trait in Go Seung Tak.

The way they revealed the secret behind the sudden genius of Seung Tak was quite good. The small habits that would betray one's personal touch. It wasn't much of big things, just small routines, yet saying everything, to the point that it can be treat as a proof of something as unlikely as a ghost possession. 

Like I've said before, I hope that the arc with Tess and Soo Jung will have consequences in the future (any kind of, even if it's only to say that it was important for them to be friend in childhood to copy with the lost of their family members, or anything at all). Right know it feels more like they didn't know what to do with Soo Jung's character, because Seeing Tak wasn't interested, spending most of his time with dr Cha in favor of being involved with her. At this point she only... was there. Hope it'll change.

Usually the second half of the season is the time to reveal the second bigger baddie, the one behind the smaller one. I wonder if the lawyer could be the man? He appeared suspicious just in the right moment in the right place. Wonder if he has something against dr Cha personally, so he tried to kill him and arranged the plot with the scheming trio. 

Could grandfather mean this during his visit? Or something else? I'm honestly curious, because until now I've thought he wasn't much involved in Han Seung Won's life, yet... He knows a lot and is there to scold, but in the positive manner, not blaming or treating. 

Could the coma ghost also be the ones who will shade a light on the matter of dr Cha's accident, the part where he was lured outside the hospital? It feels like there are more part of the story than the female leads right now...

• Like 1

*** “Ghost Doctor” rose slightly in ratings on the second day of the Lunar New Year holiday. On January 31, the drama dipped due to the Lunar New Year holiday and the TV special broadcasts that air around this time. According to Nielsen Korea, the February 1 episode of “Ghost Doctor”, which was last night saw a slight recovery with average nationwide ratings of 4.747 percent compared to previous night’s ratings of 4.024 percent.   :7555_attack:

source : https://www.nielsenkorea.co.kr/tv_terrestrial_day.asp?menu=Tit_1&sub_menu=3_1&area=00&begin_date=20220201

• Like 1

According to Nielsen Korea, the February 1 episode of “Ghost Doctor” saw a slight recovery with average nationwide ratings of 4.747 percent compared to last night’s ratings of 4.024 percent. The February 1 episode also recorded a peak of 6.4 percent and average nationwide ratings of 3.1 percent and a peak of 4.2 percent in the 20-to-49-year-old demographic.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/ghost-doctor-recovers-slightly-in-ratings-as-lunar-new-year-holidays-continue/#ixzz7JhugpAJs

• Like 2

*** Rain and Kim Bum's bromance in the drama is hilarious yet adorable at the same time.    :Woah:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Watch: “Ghost Doctor” Cast Are Full Of Giggles In Special Lunar New Year Blooper Reel

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

For Lunar New Year, “Ghost Doctor” has released a special video featuring unreleased behind-the-scenes clips from episodes 1-8!

Helmed by “Heirs” director Boo Sung Chul, tvN’s “Ghost Doctor” is a fantasy medical drama about two doctors who could not be more different in terms of their backgrounds, skills, or personalities, but who end up combining bodies and spirits. Rain stars as genius thoracic surgeon Cha Young Min, while Kim Bum plays silver-spoon resident Go Seung Tak.

The video begins with Rain offering ideas to elevate an otherwise mundane scene. Later, he films his car accident scene and the clip shows Rain acting as staff members pull on the car, but he impressively does not stop even when the car stops moving.

During a scene with Kim Bum, a staff member jokes that Go Seung Tak has a lot of lines with filler words because he’s always angry. Kim Bum then showcases his professionalism as he flawlessly recites his long lines, earning praise from Rain. Kim Bum shyly explains, “It’s just until here. The next scenes, really… [I haven’t memorized].”

Next, the video shows the unique ways the actors had to accommodate for the fantasy aspects of the drama. During a tense scene between Go Seung Tak and Han Seung Won (Tae In Ho), ghost Cha Young Min is angrily yelling from the side, but Tae In Ho must not acknowledge Rain. Once the take ends, the two laugh about how hard it is to ignore the actor. Rain adds, “Uee always does this,” and hilariously imitates the way she looks at him out of the corner of her eye.

The portion after features the cast’s funny bloopers, which include them messing up their introductions, forgetting and skipping their lines, missing their timing and more.

Catch all the cast’s bloopers and cute antics in the full clip below!

tvN’s “Ghost Doctor” airs on Mondays and Tuesdays at 10:30 p.m. KST.

Start watching the show with subtitles here!

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

*** Rain has taken Uee on an unusual date on last night's episode of “Ghost Doctor”! At the end of the previous episode of the drama, Han Seung Won (played by Tae In Ho) accused Cha Young Min of having possessed Go Seung Tak’s body after watching his cousin carry out a surgery. In the released stills from the drama’s last nigh episode, it appears that Cha Young Min will be temporarily putting his battle with Han Seung Won aside in order to focus on something more important: his romance with his ex-girlfriend Jang Se Jin (played by Uee). Although Go Seung Tak is the one holding the tickets to Jessica (EXID’s Hani)’s concert, the photos show Cha Young Min sitting next to Jang Se Jin at the actual show. Also, sharing MORE stills from the episode. Go Seung Tak’s double life, which is constantly at risk of being found out, will add to the fun of the story. ‘Ghost Doctor’ upcoming episodes will be full of even more entertaining incidents.   :heart2:

Kim-Bum.jpeg

Hani.jpeg

Rain-Uee.jpeg

Hide contents
  • Like 3

*** Biased aside, all scenes of "Ghost Doctor" are interesting. It appears the domestic viewers feel the same as well. Through Episode 8 from the pilot EP, it's gone up nearly 2% to hit 6.5%. The feedback on the drama is that it's interesting, with the body sharing twist and the bromance chemistry between RAIN & Kim Bum. The slowly increasing ratings definitely show the underlying quality. Most of all, the characters are endearing. It's not exactly groundbreaking but it's very entertaining to watch. It's an enjoyable show. Love the story line. For medical aspects, I can safely say

they're so minimal. I'm glad about the ratings that this drama gets.  :kaching3:

• Like 2

*** In episode 10, the people around the Eunsang University Medical Center discover Kim Bum and Rain's secret. February 1 episode was filled with lots of revelations about them.  Out of desperation and anger, Cha Young Min admitted that he is alive and is using Go Seung Tak's body to treat patients. I love episode 10 since it featured a heartfelt scene with Dr. Jang Se Jin and Cha Young Min, who are in Go Seung Tak's body. It came after Dr. Go invited Dr. Jang to Jessica's concert. Jessica used to be one of Dr. Cha's patients during his earlier years as a doctor.  Jang Se Jin finds Go Seung Tak's behavior slightly strange as he possesses some of the traits of Dr. Cha.  It came after Dr. Jang asked him why he chose to be a thoracic surgeon; she was stunned by his answer after hearing that he promised the women he loved that he would become the best thoracic surgeon while she was a neurosurgeon.   :blush:

• Like 2

I don't even know what to say. I didn't expected the drama to take the direction it did, and it's not entirely a good surprise. 

They literally ruined Tess character. They could let him be a mysterious being, maybe a narrator of the story, a deity or personification of the hospital. It'd be great. Leave him as a red herring, not much importance to plot, but leaving a good impression. Now he's a grandfather of a character to whom watchers are less attached that to Ms Kim (the women Tess's possessing). Soo Jung has no significant role until now, and it doesn't seem to be changing in the future. Her discovering the secret felt somewhat... flat. 

The concert in the other hand felt... uncomfortable, even if they (Swung Tak and dr Cha) themselves know who they are, the outsider's perspective must felt odd, or even weird. How was that aiming to be romantic is a mystery to me. Or if it was necessary to show this at all. Instead it seems like they didn't have material to show, and aided romance as a filler until  the next plot point... which is still another mystery.

Where does this next six episodes are going exactly? Ok, they are signaling the upcoming reveal of the scheme to the world, but... All I see right know is a chaos of treat, overconfidence and blowing Seung Tak's cover right and left. There is hardly a plan on the surface or on the deeper level. 

Ther good and constant thing that's still working is their cooperation. It's a well oiled and executed element of there story. Actors also making a great job to keep it entertaining. It lost its rather rough tone, but get a steady and mature touch. It's nice to watch, very enjoyable. 

Coma ghost as babysitters are also nice. They are all cute like that.

Professors doing their jobs as doctors where... Not exactly weird, but felt out of place, too sudden. They didn't make any fuse before, now their all over saving the child's life? Nope, I'm not convinced.

They agreed to hide resident operating on a patient way before they knew the possible supernatural addition to the situation. They literally were sitting and watching before and now are all over the place with the doctor's duty? 

I'm watching the scheming duo (trio in preview) and getting disappointed, because right they playing them to be idiots. Creating such a good background only ruining it for... some ridiculous moments showing the main character's superiority. It's just... disappointing. Let them be scheming, cruel, rude, maniac or tragic, misunderstood but don't turn them into clowns. 

Soo Jung figured it out, wow, bravo. Dr Ahn and Han Swung Won discovered it - morons. I'm starting to think they (the stuff) don't know what to do next with the plot and this certain thread, how to play it with right amount of tension. 

Also, are they planning to play the awaking, dying, or whatever for the next six episodes? 

I am liking the show so far but I worry that there are 6 episodes left. I am not sure where they are going to go with this. 

Also, I need them to find a loophole so that Dr. Cha remembers everything once he wakes up. With all of these people finding out the truth it wouldn't make sense for him to forget. 

Unless I missed it, I don't think they revealed why only Dr. Cha can possess Go Seung Tak. Secret blood relation maybe. 

13 hours ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

Professors doing their jobs as doctors where... Not exactly weird, but felt out of place, too sudden. They didn't make any fuse before, now their all over saving the child's life? Nope, I'm not convinced.

I agree with this. The turnaround happened too fast when we haven't seen any hints of it before. They seemed more interested in playing hospital politics than being doctors. It would have made more sense if they showed more remorse earlier. 

I feel like the next six episodes will probably drag but if they continue having good scenes between the leads I think it will still be entertaining. 

• Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

Also, I need them to find a loophole so that Dr. Cha remembers everything once he wakes up. With all of these people finding out the truth it wouldn't make sense for him to forget. 

I think they're hinting this by Tess statement that dr Cha changes his own fate, so instead of dying in consequence of possessing Seung Tak too often, he's slowly healing. If dr Cha can somehow overcome the natural law, he might also remember the time he was a coma ghost. Otherwise it'll truly made no sense. 

Unless I missed it, I don't think they revealed why only Dr. Cha

I start thinking they have no good explanation, and at this point revealing the blood relation would feel like... cheating? I mean Tess is a grandfather of Soo Jung, dr Cha is a bit forced into romantic relationship with dr Jang, Seung Tak isn't learning the skills through mentorship (partially because the circumstances, partially because they kind of wasted more than a half of a season to bicker - is was nice to watch, honestly, enjoyable bromance and all, but for Seung Tak's development as a surgeon, if he will want to be one in the future, is was a bit of waste). 

Having a mysterious character without defined role would be a good idea for this. Like the force of nature judging dr Cha's effort and finding him worth the chance of changing his fate... It'd be less stretched than blood relation and fit the sub-theme of opposing the natural order (kind of). 

I feel like the next six episodes will probably drag but if they continue having good scenes between the leads I think it will still be entertaining. 

It probably will, but what a waste of a potential good, cozy story. Still, Rain and Kim Beum made a great duo, they chemistry is really enjoyable (and reliable) to watch. Shame it's become the only positive aspect at this point. 

On 1/31/2022 at 3:34 AM, Idylla Kaizoku said:

In a couple of years for simple procedures, if he will be determined enough. 

He need to start changing to start assisting in operation and learn, without a willingness and determination even the best memory won't help him. But I think they are on the right path now 

:approves:

I havent watch the recent episodes, but yes, he needs too... i need to catch up with this week's episodes soon.. been busy:lol:

• Like 1