[Mainland Chinese Drama 2023] The Journey of Chong Zi 重紫

sugarplum892

Hi people! 

Recently Tencent posted the first trailer (I wish I can post it here, but seems I'm just too stupid to make it work, rrrrrrr). What should I say...some CGI moments are ...emmm..very disappointing and "fake". At least some of those shown in the trailer. Some, on the contrary,  are very good- finally a new "bright-colored" xianxia world instead of recently popular pale-palatted one. Jeremy Xu and Deng Wei are the main reason I'm waiting for the drama, but obviously they have am amazing cast. The only casting choice I am concerned right now is FL,I have seen her previous work and personally was not impressed (I apologize to her fans, it's just my personal impression). However normally anyone paired with Jeremy looks great and delivers, so I hope it will all work out). Anyone still interested in this drama?

• Blob 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Chong Zi 重紫, premieres Feb 15, starring Jeremy Xu & Yang Chao Yue
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] The Journey of Chong Zi 重紫, premiered Feb 15, starring Jeremy Xu & Yang Chao Yue
On 2/16/2023 at 4:08 AM, backstreetboysfan said:

I want to watch this, I know it is from a novel does this have a happy ending I don't want to watch if it has a sad one?.

I searched another forum to quench your thirst...

Spoiler

Accordingly, the novel's ending is an open ending and the bonus on the epilogue has a happy ending.

• Like 1

Just saw that this is available on Viu. I’m enjoying this drama. Nothing groundbreaking in terms of the story - typical forbidden shifu and tu di love story. And of course, all the young male characters have been touched by Chong Zi’s kindness and like her, want to protect her, despite her having the ‘sha qi’ (demon streak). A few of the young male actors are familiar faces from the recent Galaxy drama, so it’s nice to see them playing totally different roles here. I especially loved the Da Shu, Chu Bu Fu story arc - beautiful and heart breaking. Da Shu and Wang Yue - so mysterious and charismatic, are my favourite characters so far.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, omiki said:

Nothing groundbreaking in terms of the story - typical forbidden shifu and tu di love story. And of course, all the young male characters have been touched by Chong Zi’s kindness and like her, want to protect her, despite her having the ‘sha qi’ (demon streak)

Hi, yep, unfortunately nothing new here. After watching 4 episodes I decided to continue simply bcs I really enjoy many cast members and am very happy to see them in final product. So I just go with the drama flow). P.S. The FL is sooo disappointing ( just for me, I suppose) in terms of acting skills...again. Even her partners can't help here...

• Like 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2023] The Journey of Chong Zi 重紫