[Drama 2021/2022] Uncle,엉클

larus

22 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

It was easy to take him at face value when he said he was a webtoon artist, but now that I think about it, why wouldn't he have told Joon Hee that previously, and asked for her permission to use her face as his main character? Something is still off about the way he's been putting X's over the other women and keeping them on that board. Let's hope he's a good secret agent and not a criminal....the show sets him up as a really decent guy anyway.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly! There is more than being a webtoon artist. But still he can't be a bad person. May be he is investigating about his wife's murder or something? Hope we get more leads in upcoming episodes.

• Like 5

'Uncle' Oh Jeong-se and Park Seon-young were shot and fell while protecting... creepy ending 4.4%

202112271037035050_l.jpg

'Uncle' Jeong-se Oh was stabbed and fell while trying to stop Kim Min-cheol, who was threatening Park Seon-young.

The 6th episode of TV CHOSUN's weekend drama 'Uncle' (played by Park Ji-sook/directed by Ji Young-soo, Seong-joon Seong/produced by High Ground, Monster Union), aired on the 26th, was based on Nielsen Korea, with a nationwide rating of 4.4%, and the highest rating per minute was 5.1. % soared.

https://www.fnnews.com/news/202112271037054805

• Like 5

On 12/27/2021 at 11:53 AM, gm4queen said:

Yeah, my thoughts exactly! There is more than being a webtoon artist. But still he can't be a bad person. May be he is investigating about his wife's murder or something? Hope we get more leads in upcoming episodes.

I liked how it was explained why he has the white board with all those names there. I think he is a webton artist but he has an agenda there. I also think it has to do with his wife`s death. Joo Kyeong-Il stopped his daughter to reveal who he was and I wonder why.  

BTW, No-Eul is hilarious. I really like her. I also liked when she was looking at the other kids dancing and had a conversation with Joon-Hyeok .

Other favorite part was when Ji-Hu and his uncle sang to all the habitants. :D And the extracurricular sport event.

It was funny when Jang Ik faked the heart attack but it was unrealistic the whole scene. I took it as comedy but in reality it was not funny to call an ambulance for a prank. And how conveniently, there is a video with Ji Hu and Min-Ki `s fight. 

Also Chae-Young`s boyfriend thought to stab his girlfriend's mother? Stupid. I know he was angry will all the lies but why not use the brain a little? 

I still enjoyed the show. Sometime the conflict is too easily resolved but I like it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

22 hours ago, larus said:

And how conveniently, there is a video with Ji Hu and Min-Ki `s fight. 

Seriously! When So Dam is missing no one can find her or reach her, but when Ji Hu and Min Ki are fighting someone (No Eul?) has her phone out :). We'll need to keep a log of which kids have cell phones and which don't. :lol:

22 hours ago, larus said:

Joo Kyeong-Il stopped his daughter to reveal who he was and I wonder why.  

That's right. It will be interesting to hear his backstory. He's such a good, decent guy. I want him and Joon Hee to end up together. (Er, but maybe we should hear that backstory first, actually.)

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

That's right. It will be interesting to hear his backstory. He's such a good, decent guy. I want him and Joon Hee to end up together. (Er, but maybe we should hear that backstory first, actually.)

I think he has genuinly good feelings about Joon Hee but he is hiding something. I hope it is nothing too strong and after the reveal it doesn`t give a drama. :D For now I think it is something about his wife, how she died but maybe not. I like that this drama`s problems are resolved quickly. :w00t: I thought it is a short drama (12 episodes) but I was wrong. It has 16 episodes. We have full time to see more about other characters. I hope the mother in law from hell will have the least screen time. i am not interested to see the story with her involved. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

17 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

She is just awful. Anyone who would beat her own grandson is behaving very badly.

I watched all kind of awful mother in laws in kdramas but it is the first time to see a woman beating his grandson and daughter in law. :crazy:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 12/28/2021 at 6:52 AM, larus said:

Also Chae-Young`s boyfriend thought to stab his girlfriend's mother? Stupid. I know he was angry will all the lies but why not use the brain a little? 

It was very stupid. I was expecting him and the daughter to run away together. I want him to get away with it. I know he stabbed Uncle, but I don't want any sort of harsh punishment towards him. I am not sure how they pull that off. 

I am not sure how they resolve the grandmother and father storyline. I don't see them giving up or at least grandmother. I feel like father would give up if grandmother wasn't pressuring him. So either she goes to jail, dies, or someone more powerful than her forces her to back down. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

I don't see them giving up or at least grandmother. I feel like father would give up if grandmother wasn't pressuring him.

As much as I think that man (the father of Ji Hu) is a pathetic useless man, he is another victim of abusive rich lady. He will be better (or not) without his mother. I know that the dramas needs some kind of villain to bring tension but I don`t like or need to see the mother in law from hell or the Momvelies. I will apreciate more to see the interaction between characters in a natural enrioment, resolving common problems.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, larus said:

As much as I think that man (the father of Ji Hu) is a pathetic useless man, he is another victim of abusive rich lady. He will be better (or not) without his mother.

Agreed. It's funny how comical and buffoon-like they're making Ji Hu's father. In a way it's "nice" to see that as a dad he was not the one beating up Ji Hu and Joon Hee. I'm amazed that Joon Hee was able to actually get a divorce from these powerful people. But why isn't the mother-in-law in jail? Joon Hee had all those photos AND was able to prove abuse in order to get a divorce. MIL should be in jail. Or, at the very least, have a restraining order so she can't go after Joon Hee and Ji Hu.

6 hours ago, youactlikeicare said:

I want him to get away with it. I know he stabbed Uncle, but I don't want any sort of harsh punishment towards him. I am not sure how they pull that off. 

Yeah, our sympathies definitely lie with him and Chae Young.

• Like 5

I finished episode 8. I start with the bad. I can deal with over the top Momblies but I couldn`t stand contrived weak drama with the arrest of Joon-Hee. It became a telenovela. I get it. There is a higher up influence but how police concluded a suicide and, in a second, on the spot changed the conclusions. And when  Chae-Young came outside and told the police that Joon hee is innocent and they let her go. :w00t:  But I appreciate that this drama got to be resolved quickly. This is one of the things I like about this show. But there are other things that I totally love about it. And I stay for them. The seaside family date. I loved seeing Joon-Hee and Kyeong Il and their kids. How Yoo-Ra confrunted Hye-Ryeong and the moms, how Joon Hyeok talked  with comatose Chae Young and took care of her and her boyfriend, how he taught the kids that everyone is important and they have to give the best to work their part, the song in the end and other small moments.

I am glad that the old Diamond Mom is gone but another problem, a worst person, will enter to make things complicated for the characters. I have to be happy that we don`t have both Hye Ryung and abusive grandmother/mother in law from hell together on screen. Thank you, writer nim, for the gift! :D

• Like 5

Happy 2022 y'all~

So glad that Hye Ryeong got the boot. Ugh can't stand her! Why is it in K-dramas when the villainess is angry they have "crazy eyes"? Ha-ha it's like "The Penthouse" as well. 

With one trouble gone, another is added. The evil grandma tsk. And the damn ex hubs. Sigh. 

I was moved again by the kids' musical performance (even if their moms don't deserve it) Ji Hoo sang the loudest LoL. The scene at the hospital was heartwarming when Joon Hyuk came to visit Chae Young & prayed together. 

At last, Joon Hee and No Eul's dad are a couple WooHoo. Please drama don't let the grandma & ex ruin their happiness? 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, larus said:

I can deal with over the top Momblies but I couldn`t stand contrived weak drama with the arrest of Joon-Hee. It became a telenovela. I get it. There is a higher up influence but how police concluded a suicide and, in a second, on the spot changed the conclusions.

Yeah, that made no sense at all. Is the justice system in Korea a joke?! Surely not. You'd think the police would have better sense and discernment, otherwise anyone could say anything and get people thrown in jail. And what happened to the two thugs that put Joon Hyuk and Chae Young's boyfriend in the freezer?

That was so gratifying when Chae Young rolled out of the hospital and said she had heard her mom saying, "Just die." In the end Joon Hyuk didn't have to "save" Joon Hee from Diamon Mom's schemes; Diamond Mom dug her own grave. She is such a terrible, terrible person!! I was yelling at her the entire two episodes. And I couldn't believe she slapped her own daughter in the wheelchair. Crazy eyes is right @Latte_Anyday!

So Kyeong Il was a defendant against murder and fraud charges...but we assume he was never convicted because he's free AND he has custody of No Eul. There was something about insurance in those papers, too. In the preview for the next episodes it looks like he and Joon Hee are moving forward with some kind of marriage plan. He also wants Joon Hee to sign insurance papers. Really hoping he ends up being a clean and good guy.

Seeing the four of them so relaxed at the ocean was so nice. They're all so cute together.

And I loved seeing Joon Hyuk take the boyfriend out for a warm meal. :wub:

Also, counting down from 100 favors was pretty funny. :lol: That dumb bell.

• Like 4

Boy, episodes 7-8 were jampacked!  There was so much in each episode and I loved it all.  I'm glad, too, that some of those thorny issues were quickly resolved, even if they are somewhat unbelievable.  I got the impression that NoEul's father had something to do with the law, maybe a lawyer or prosecutor, or detective.    Definitely someone with connections.

This could get interesting if weird Grandma decides to run for office and her peppered past comes out with some unique investigation and exposure!  I have a feeling she's definitely going to get what she deserves in the end.:lol:

• Like 4

Finally I watched episode 7 and glad to see uncle coming back to track. But what's up with Min Gi's mother? Life must be too easy for her that she always blame it on Ji Hoo's mother! :angry: Will be back watching episode 8. This is far more intense than I thought it would be.

• Like 4