[Drama 2021/2022] Uncle,엉클

larus

2 hours ago, msmy said:

As for the masked would be intruder, that was someone sent by creepy Grandma since he announced, "I found them."  Now she is on the trail to make their lives miserable, so uncle will have to be extra protective.

I was wrong but the masked man resembled  Kyeong-Il . It was reveled in episode 4 who he really was.

I will talk about episode 4. I give spoilers.

I cried two times in episode 4. One time when Joon-Hyeok wrote the letter for his sister. He became emotional too. I am glad they showed us what he felt.

The secod time I cried  was when Ji-Hu  sang for his uncle to not leave. He overcome the stage fright and sang what is in his heart. Don`t try to protect me. I don`t want  a Superman, I want you beside me. "

And the woman who wanted to suicide must be the daughter of Park Hey-Ryeong, Chae-Young , the one they don`t want to reveal. There was a secret and now we might know what it is. She was pregnant and she is not dead. The man who tried to break Joon hee`s appartment was her boyfriend.

2 hours ago, msmy said:

I believe the scene was a flashback where brother and sister are watching a distressed woman (their mother) which binds them together as having a rough childhood.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the impression I got.

Not that scene. The woman who was drunk and was hit by the car was Joon Hee and Joon Hyuk`s mother. It was a sad scene but I liked it how emotional it was when adult Joon Hyuk tried to protect his sister not to see the tragic scene of their mother`s death. It was his wish for his sister. He was not older than him and she protected her brother but she saw the scene when their mother have died.

I was talking about the woman who wanted suicide. It was not clear to me if it was a past scene or it was something foreshadowed. We did not even know what happened and there wasn`t something the people talked about it, about a tragedy that occured at the appartements. But now, after watching ep 4,  I think I got the answer.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Finally finished watching episode 4 and I am being so emotional! :) Why do Uncle and nephew suffer this much? I want justice for them! Can't stand arrogant sons & mothers anymore! Min Gi & Min Gi's mom are worse in my view. Looking forward for the next episode! Really enjoying the show!

• Like 5

Am moved by Ji Hoo's song dedication to his dear uncle.. Joon Hyuk is more of a fatherly figure than an uncle. I just hate how narrow minded the views are of South Koreans in general toward families with single parents or kids who are orphans. 

Family is more than just blood ties. It is also those who protect and provide as seen here by Joon Hyuk. Btw the actor has good chemistry with the child actor. They are believable and a joy to watch. 

It's cute Ji Hoo's popular with the girls LoL. He is in a love triangle of his own LoL - So Dam and No Eul. I like the latter but if her dad married Joo Hee they'd be stepsiblings. BoO. 

Can't stand the moms! In particular the two faced Min Gi's mom! Se Chan's too ugh. In next ep. No Eul's dad and Joon Hyuk are pullin' a mission to restore order at school LoL YaY.

• Like 6

'Uncle' Jeong-se Oh, "I came to catch cockroaches"... Disclosure of quarantine man transformation site

http://www.topdaily.kr/news/photo/202112/129401_107161_586.jpg

In particular, in the last broadcast, when the autonomous school attended by his nephew Min Ji-hoo (Lee Kyung-hoon) was in danger of being converted into a regular school, Wang Jun-hyeok (Oh Jeong-se) struggled to prevent it. However, Wang Jun-hyeok was caught up in the compulsory conversion promotion and various schemes of Mambley including Park Hye-ryeong (Park Seon-young), and he was driven into a crisis. But in the end, Wang Jun-hyeok left a lasting impression with his nephew Min-ji-hoo's sincere song asking him to be by my side, and he stopped walking and burst into tears.

In the midst of this, Oh Jeong-se is robbing the attention of the scene of the 'change of quarantine man' standing in front of Mambley with an unexpected appearance. In the play, Wang Jun-hyeok, who declared war on the Mambleys, came to the community to do a part-time job as a quarantine. When Wang Jun-hyeok appears dressed as an employee of a pest control company, the mathers are terribly surprised and wary, while Wang Jun-hyeok flashes his serious eyes and insists on something.

http://www.topdaily.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=129401

'Uncle' Jeon Hye-jin kneels in front of Park Seon-young... What happened?

PS21122200090.jpg

The scene of 'Shocked Kneeling' where 'Uncle' Jeon Hye-jin made a sudden action in the cold air was released.

In the play Jeon Hye-jin was caught kneeling in front of Park Seon-young. The scene where Wang Jun-hee and Park Hye-ryeong face each other in the auditorium of Dongmin Elementary School, where an educational lecture for parents is held in the play. Wang Jun-hee, who entered her school auditorium, puts her hands together and stands in front of Park Hye-ryeong nervously, and Park Hye-ryeong crosses her arms and glares at Wang Jun-hee with her eyes twinkling. At this time, Wang Jun-hee suddenly bowed her head to Park Hye-ryung and knelt down on her knees, and her mother-belief was startled by this. At the time of being fired from a side dish store, attention is focused on whether Wang Jun-hee, who was frozen after hearing the words from her boss, “It will be difficult to find a job in the neighborhood once you have hated it,” finally raised a white flag to Park Hye-ryeong.

The production team said, "It is a scene where you can fully feel the heavy aura that Jeon Hye-jin and Park Sun-young create.

https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01289046629281144&mediaCodeNo=258

• Like 3

I'm still 2 episodes behind but can't help to drop by to say : THIS IS SOOOO GOOOD. Finally! A family drama with little dose of comedy and lots of warmth. 

The uncle-nephew relationship is just like me and mine. We bicker a lot, we're similar, and they are the turning point and one of the most important part in my life, which makes this drama even more special to me. 

• Like 3

Finally finished watching episode 5 and I am so loving this. I really expected this to be a life drama but this is intense. So the ultrasound scan belongs to Min Gi's sister?? Now I can see why rich people always pretend to be arrogant. So that they can keep their dark secrets hidden forever. But no worries at all! Uncle and nephew are gonna take them down all together. Really can;t wait for that moment to come! :)

And glad that the series is doing so well at ratings. Looking forward for tonight's episode!

• Like 3

Ji Hoo's such a great kid. He defended his mom's honor and got her a new bag (very nice choice too) I love how No Eul is on his side but too bad he's with So Dam.

I kinda prefer his uncle with So Dam's mom over his teacher tbh LoL. I just like his interaction with the mom more ha.

Min Gi is acting out of jealousy and resentment. He should be taking it out on his mom not Ji Hoo. Then again that's how most bullies are. They aim at the wrong target instead of the root of the problem. 

Min Gi's mom has now done the unthinkable. That woman has zero conscience! I wonder what goes on in that sick head of hers! Is appearances all that important!? Is she related to the building rep. lady from "Happiness?!!".

In next week's preview, No Eul's dad is hiding "something" as well... I just hope it's not sinister and that he wasn't manipulating Joon Hee.

• Like 4

Grrrrr Min Gi's mom is driving me crazy!! I can't believe she walked away at the end of Episode 6! Poor Min Gi who has to watch his mom lie, spin the truth, and make him keep secrets about his noona. He's no angel, but he definitely learned it from his mom. And I can't believe how much she's blaming Chaeyoung's boyfriend when she's the one who lied to both of them.

This is me watching her in this show:

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I kinda prefer his uncle with So Dam's mom over his teacher tbh LoL. I just like his interaction with the mom more ha.

They have a really fun dynamic. So Dam's mom is hilarious! This actress was great in CLOY, and I like that she's the softie of the Momvelies group here. She IS married, though, so we'll see what happens. :lol: My heart breaks for her that she lives with so much pressure to have a son. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the_sweetroad said:

Grrrrr Min Gi's mom is driving me crazy!! I can't believe she walked away at the end of Episode 6! Poor Min Gi who has to watch his mom lie, spin the truth, and make him keep secrets about his noona. He's no angel, but he definitely learned it from his mom. And I can't believe how much she's blaming Chaeyoung's boyfriend when she's the one who lied to both of them.

I so agree, she is driving me crazy and now the hurt got hurt:tears:.

• Like 2

TV Chosun’s “Uncle” aired with average nationwide ratings of 3.878 percent and 4.351 percent for its two parts, marking a slight decrease in ratings from 5.562 percent for its previous episode.

“Young Lady And Gentleman” Sets Personal Best Rating + Sunday Night Dramas See Tight Competition From Lim Young Woong’s Show | KdramaBuddy

• Like 2

Finally finished watching episode 6 and what's up with the ending? :scream: How could Min Gi's mother just walk away, leaving the king in pain? This is so annoying! Someone please teach this arrogant woman a lesson! I am so waiting for the next episode. Oh Jung Se is rocking the show!

And by the way, why So Dam's mother take J King's side?? Because he saved her daughter when everyone else was so greedy for a single vote?! Things are gonna be dramatic when momblies find out about this! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gm4queen said:

And by the way, why So Dam's mother take J King's side?? Because he saved her daughter when everyone else was so greedy for a single vote?!

I think that's the reason, that Ji Hoo and J King found So Dam when SD's mom was so desperately looking for her. The funny thing now is how she's actually sending J King incriminating voice recordings of the other moms. :lol: That scene with them crouched down behind the bushes was cute and LOL.

14 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

In next week's preview, No Eul's dad is hiding "something" as well... I just hope it's not sinister and that he wasn't manipulating Joon Hee.

It was easy to take him at face value when he said he was a webtoon artist, but now that I think about it, why wouldn't he have told Joon Hee that previously, and asked for her permission to use her face as his main character? Something is still off about the way he's been putting X's over the other women and keeping them on that board. Let's hope he's a good secret agent and not a criminal....the show sets him up as a really decent guy anyway.

• Like 2