[Drama 2021] The King’s Affection, 연모

ferily

13 hours ago, Chesleigh said:

And can I just say that the envoy from Ming (forgot his name) really acts a villain well! I remember watching him from other shows but this time, wow, I was really pissed at his character so he really did it well.

He got a good beating though 

The “smallest“ domineering president cat in history really loves it with a  smirk on his face! | DayDayNews

I wonder what his problem is.. There is arrogant and then there's insane; he seems not right in the head... 

21 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

I do love to see Crown Princes and Kings be smart and clever against all the political manipulation though (a la Moon Embracing the Sun and Love in the Moonlight). She was wonderful in testifying in front of the Court and saving Ji Un and his friends. Why are all of the Prime Ministers/ Left Councilors always so evil, though?! @Sleepy Owl are there any sageuks where the Prime Ministers AND the King are good? :)

Good questions :lol: I haven't seen a drama with both a good PM and emperor.

21 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Also... the actress who plays Ji Un's mom looks about the same age as him. At first I thought she was a sister. :lol:

Me too! :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

14 hours ago, Chesleigh said:

And can I just say that the envoy from Ming (forgot his name) really acts a villain well! I remember watching him from other shows but this time, wow, I was really pissed at his character so he really did it well.

Park Ki Woong! He does usually play antagonistic characters, especially jerk (ex) boyfriends :lol:

22 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

Also... the actress who plays Ji Un's mom looks about the same age as him. At first I thought she was a sister. :lol:

I thought it was the one he treated (who has a crush on him), until I realised that the nose mole was missing :lol:

The pace is slow yet I still enjoy the drama. Now that I got used to cheeky Ji Un, the banter is better. Especially when they draw in the bodyguard as well. I guess they all needed a common enemy, the Ming Envoy, to bond.

I am catching SLS though, because the Prince is pretty charming, but alas, one step too late of course.

It is funny that the BG couldn't deal with one swordsman (from Ming), but then Dami and Ji Un leave hjim alone against ten ruffians... lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, agenth said:

I am catching SLS though, because the Prince is pretty charming, but alas, one step too late of course.

It's so funny...his dimples are usually one of the first things I see when he's on screen. And he looks so young to me. But then he starts talking and his deep voice always catches me off guard. :lol: Definitely charming, though...and he's liked Dami ever since he was a child. Kdrama love triangles are brutal.

2 hours ago, agenth said:

I thought it was the one he treated (who has a crush on him), until I realised that the nose mole was missing

Ha!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Miraculous and speedy recovery for Ga On, who received a fatal cut on the back from the Chief Eunuch's henchman. Considering how thin he is, if that wound was any deeper, it would have reached his vital organs - lungs, heart, liver.

The fight scene with the Chinese henchman and Ga On was short, but it was implied that he twisted his head, instead of prolonging the sword fight, which will eventually take its toll of his still frail body. He did wound the Chinese man around the stomach area.

It would seem from the flashback that the royal tutor who was framed for something was his father, and he's going to avenge his death later. As some chingus mentioned, he could be after the King and the maternal grandfather of the CP.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

“The King’s Affection” Hits New Personal Best In Viewership Ratings

The King’s Affection” is on an upward streak in ratings!

According to Nielsen Korea, the November 2 episode of KBS’s “The King’s Affection” recorded average nationwide viewership ratings of 7.6 percent. This is a 0.6 percent increase from its previous episode’s ratings of 7.0 percent and marks a new personal best for the drama.

The drama’s ratings were likely boosted by the fact that there are currently no other dramas airing in the Monday-Tuesday evening time slot, as SBS’s “Lovers of the Red Sky wrapped up last week and tvN’s “High Class” ended the night before.

Starting next week, tvN’s “Secret Royal Inspector Joy” and JTBC’s “IDOL: The Coup” will also air on Monday and Tuesday nights.

Source (1)

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/the-kings-affection-hits-new-personal-best-in-viewership-ratings/#ixzz7B7YRA1nP

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Did anyone notice that when our Crown Prince was talking to Ji woon, she wasn’t using her deep crown prince voice but actually was almost using her real voice? This is the scene towards the end of episode 7 where Ji woon gets crown prince out of trouble with the envoy.. Just something I noticed hehe.. Not sure if it was intentional or on accident or our Crown Prince, Dam-i, is getting comfortable with Ji woon :fullofhearts:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

This show is killing me, I loved eps 7 and 8.. I felt so bad for the CP and the people around her because of  the envoy from Ming. -.- Yet I loved seeing the guys all working hard to protect her. I think my fave scene aside from the kiss on the cheek, would be the drinks they all shared together. It's so nice to see the CP truly smiling and being happy.

Can't wait to see next week eps. :sparklyeyes:

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

I love the teamwork of the trio to take down the Chief Eunuch. The couple are both beauties with brains and brawn :wub: I also like how intimate the treating wounds scenes to show DamHwi really cares about Jiun. We can't forget about Hawk Hyun who threatens people with sweet smiles. It's kinda sweet and funny that even when he knows someone else has worse injuries, his main concern is DamHwi who is literally unscathed.

I agree with DamHwi that she doesn't need to expose his love affair because that's his private life and the embezzlement stuff is enough to take him down a notch. Well, my guess of the girl being dead is wrong. But it's sad that both of them look "successful" in Ming but not really happy on the inside.

I love the unexpected bromance with Jiun and Gaon. Gaon didn't even let Jiun comes close to DamHwi even if it was just a playful banter lol. With that flashback of young Gaon, the theory of Gaon being the real Lee Hwi is wrong. Even though he seems to take revenge for his father(?), he loyally put his own life on the line to protect DamHwi.

Aww their secret love nest is so beautiful! Jiun's Makeover Project is a success! OMG, the cheek kiss is so adorable. I like how Jiun falls in love with DamHwi twice as a girl and a guy because of her personality. The first love part is mainly important on DamHwi's part because of the hate-love conflict. We just need to wait for them to realize their feeling for each other.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

13 hours ago, reddragon said:

Miraculous and speedy recovery for Ga On

Seriously!

1 hour ago, starveri said:

We can't forget about Hawk Hyun who threatens people with sweet smiles.

He's the perfect diplomat - he knows what he wants and how to hold people accountable, but he smiles at them and remains calm the entire time. It's fun to watch him in action.

1 hour ago, starveri said:

With that flashback of young Gaon, the theory of Gaon being the real Lee Hwi is wrong. Even though he seems to take revenge for his father(?), he loyally put his own life on the line to protect DamHwi.

Aww their secret love nest is so beautiful! Jiun's Makeover Project is a success! OMG, the cheek kiss is so adorable. I like how Jiun falls in love with DamHwi twice as a girl and a guy because of her personality.

Love these points!

___

Episodes 7 and 8 were such a satisfying 2-episode arc. I like that even when the CP found out about the Chief Eunuch's past, it elicited empathy from her and not a means to avenge herself or use it against him. Because she grew up an orphan herself, she could understand him and treat him with dignity even if he did behave like a jerk. The scene where his envoy is leaving and everyone is at peace was quite moving.

I'm still a bit shocked that he behaved the way he did in the palace, though. Bringing out his henchman seemed completely unacceptable and un-diplomatic.

Jealous Jaeun is so sad to behold :( . Hope the show gives him a sweet, smart girl in the end. He's written as a person of principle and heart...he deserves someone good.

And Tutor Jung in the first realizations of love is so dorky! Haha.

This sequence cracked me up:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

42 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

I'm still a bit shocked that he behaved the way he did in the palace, though. Bringing out his henchman seemed completely unacceptable and un-diplomatic.

I don't even know how he can be chosen as an envoy with that kind of behavior. Probably just because he's from Joseon.

45 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Jealous Jaeun is so sad to behold :( . Hope the show gives him a sweet, smart girl in the end. He's written as a person of principle and heart...he deserves someone good.

I already imagined him to be with Soeun. I think it can be an interesting dynamic because Soeun seems spunky and feisty which suits his calm and soft-spoken personality.

We know nothing about the other main female character, No Hakyung yet. She seems like the sweet type, maybe. It seems like she will like Lee Hwi. It's also interesting for love rivals to fall in love with each other lol.

Someone mentioned this somewhere else that they just hope Hyun/Jaeun don't die like some 2nd MLs in other historical dramas and I agree with that.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1