[Drama 2021] Seen from a Distance, Green Spring, 멀리서 보면 푸른 봄

ferily

Billed as "campus version of Misaeng" (naver article see  prev post)

Characters of the actors seems angsty. Me thinks like the college version of school 2021.

I like a good coming of age story. This better be one.

May 31, 2021
by L. Kim

Park Ji Hoon talked about transforming into Yeo Joon for upcoming KBS drama “At a Distance Spring is Green”!

Based on a popular webtoon, “At a Distance Spring is Green” is a drama about the realistic struggles of college students facing the harsh realities of a tough world.

Park Ji Hoon’s character Yeo Joon is a handsome business student at Myungil University who comes from a wealthy family and has a sweet personality. His life seems perfect, but he has a painful scar that no one knows about.

On May 31, the drama shared new stills of Yeo Joon having the perfect college life. He is the epitome of youth, and he shows the fresh charms of a college student.

Spoiler

park-ji-hoon4.jpg

Previously, Park Ji Hoon drew attention by boasting perfect synchronization with Yeo Joon from the webtoon. In response to that, he said, “Even though Yeo Joon and I have nothing in common, it’s fine. Rather, it’s very refreshing and charming to play a character who is different from me.”

Then he shared the reason he was attracted to the drama. He commented, “I was drawn by the fact that I’d be able to show the story of the youth of college students, which is called the golden period in life, and that I’d be able to portray a situation that people my age could sympathize with.”

He added, “This is a drama that shows the romantic side of college life and the darkness behind it.”

“At a Distance Spring is Green” premieres on June 14 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1472174wpp/park-ji-hoon-talks-about-synchronization-with-his-new-character-and-reason-for-starring-in-at-a-distance-spring-is-green

• Like 1

I did mention previous page  it'll just be more bromance....friendship.

This will not be like thai /tw/ jdrama. cdrama bl. But I'm going to check this.

Jun 2, 2021
by L. Kim

New posters have been released for “At a Distance Spring is Green”!

Based on a popular webtoon, “At a Distance Spring is Green” is a drama about the realistic struggles of college students facing the harsh realities of a tough world. The drama stars Park Ji HoonKang Min AhBae In HyukCLC‘s EunbinWoo Davi, and Choi Jung Woo.

On June 2, the drama shared two posters that show the relationships Yeo Joon (Park Ji Hoon) has with Kim So Bin (Kang Min Ah) and Nam Soo Hyun (Bae In Hyuk).

In the first poster, Yeo Joon and Kim So Bin share heart-fluttering eye contact on a rainy day. She’s squatting down and tying her shoelaces while he holds an umbrella over her.

With his good looks, adorable personality, and his status as the youngest son of a wealthy family, Yeo Joon is loved no matter where he goes. On the other hand, Kim So Bin is a hard-working student who has ordinary grades and background. The two will get tangled up as school colleagues with Kim So Bin being his senior classmate, and they will end up in a complicated relationship.

at-a-distance-spring-is-green-2.jpg

The next poster starring Yeo Joon and Nam Soo Hyun exudes warm friendship. The two young men are looking at each other with smiles on their faces, and it seems like Nam Soo Hyun is gently touching Yeo Joon’s head.

The two characters are strikingly different from each other. Yeo Joon is from a wealthy family, whereas Nam Soo Hyun has to take on part-time jobs. Also, Yeo Joon is very popular on campus, while Nam Soo Hyun shuts everyone out with his prickly personality. The two seem like oil and water, but they will eventually grow closer, and drama fans are already curious about how they will become friends.

at-a-distance-spring-is-green-1.jpg

“At a Distance Spring is Green” premieres on June 14 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1472613wpp/at-a-distance-spring-is-green-previews-the-different-relationships-park-ji-hoon-has-with-kang-min-ah-and-bae-in-hyuk-in-new-posters

cr: kbs twt

t/n:  [Breaking News] Jun and Soohyun meet...!

KBS new Monday-Tuesday drama. First broadcast on June 14th at 9:30pm

t/n:  Jun and Sobin sharing an umbrella on a spring rainy day The relationship between the two?

t/n: Suhyeon who was injured and Sobin who heals him What is the story behind the wound?

• Like 1

So according to the character relationship chart the two males  leads share for each other a friendship obsession in debt feeling, sibling like relationship, ok it's a bit like the webtoon, they will become very very close

for the female lead is on guard affection toward the male lead and for him it's curiosity affection toward her

just a pity that the male lead's brother is only a guest, If there is a season 2, I hope that the role will be more important and will follow the webtoon if the actor is not available they could replace him just a possibility

@marrez1 Na In Woo just doing a cameo.  Before he got the lead replacement RWTMR.. I think he got cast for this already. Lee Sin Young was to be cast as well but decline due to schedule conflict so Bae In Hyuk was offered the role.

For Na In Woo, we'll see him male lead in different drama kinda like how Lee Do Hyun  or Song Kang or Kim Dae Young status. And  it wiill be thesame for Bae In Hyuk. These five current one to watch out for.

I like watching coming of age stories.  It's a a break from my fav genre crime pyscho action mystery thriller.

Watchinh Racket Boys and waiting for this one too.

Park Ji-hoon, Kang Min-ah, and Bae In-hyuk's romance of "Blue Spring from a distance.

0004804313_001_20210604144302388.jpg?type=w430

"Blue Spring from afar" heralds the birth of "Youth Romance" that will enthrall the small screen.

KBS2's new Monday-Tuesday drama "Blue Spring from afar" (directed by Kim Jung-hyun, written by Ko Yeon-soo) is a story of their youth, who are spring from afar and different from up close.

"Blue Spring from afar" confirmed the appearance of young actors such as Park Ji-hoon (played by Yeo Joon), Kang Min-ah (played by Kim So-bin), and Bae In-hyuk (played by Nam Soo-hyun), signaling that they will present empathy and fun to the small screen. It is a story about the realistic worries and wandering of people in their 20s living in South Korea, and it points out the expected points of "Blue Spring from a distance

The growing pains of young people in their 20s.

Expectations are high for not only a refreshing and fresh romance that will hit the small screen this summer, but also a deep story that will draw sympathy from viewers. In particular, Yeo-joon, the main character who only looks perfect, will reveal his inner wounds, the sad frustration of Kim So-bin, an "effort college student," and Nam Soo-hyun's innermost thoughts to give up his life's small pleasures to survive.

Source:  naver.me/GIqbCbIu

Teaser overload. Waiting for this. Need to see good cinematography along with good story and acting. I hope

sc ctto jela twt

Actually best college kdrama for me "Because It's The First Time" I mean just look at the writer and director. Was really good from start to finish, not a single complaint. Check previous post, if curious. I put spoiler about cos it's off topic sorta but still in reference.  In that drama it was the first time we're introduced to Park So Dam in drama and others I'm not familiar with.

In similar sense, I don't who the actors are in this drama except for Kang Min Ah cos I watch her in Beyond Evil. The rest I dont know. But their names are familiar.

Lets see how this one  will  turn out. I'm waiting.

Jun 6, 2021
by E. Cha

Get ready for a relatable new drama about college life!

Based on a popular webtoon, KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “At a Distance Spring is Green” will follow the realistic struggles of college students as they face the harsh realities of a tough world.

With the drama’s premiere just one week away, here are three reasons to look forward to the new show:

1. The many different kinds of characters

From the campus’s most popular students to loners with few friends, from the most privileged silver spoons to those barely scraping by—”At a Distance Spring is Green” will tell the story of a wide range of characters, some of whom seem to have nothing in common with one another.

For example, the two male leads of the drama are polar opposites. The handsome, wealthy, and cheerful Yeo Joon (played by Park Ji Hoon) is a beloved campus celebrity who seems to have it all, while the notoriously cold and unfriendly Nam Soo Hyun (played by Bae In Hyuk) is a loner who keeps to himself as he struggles to make ends meet.

Meanwhile, Kim So Bin (played by Kang Min Ah) is an immensely relatable ordinary student who struggles with her emotions as she finds herself caught between love and friendship. Although Kim So Bin works hard, her goals seem out of reach, and she experiences difficult setbacks due to her average grades and background.

The supporting cast is also filled with unique characters with their own distinctive personalities and complex relationships, adding a level of realism to the drama that will make the story truly three-dimensional.

Spoiler

At-a-Distance-Spring-is-Green1.jpg

2. All the characters face their own secret struggles

No matter how tough or lucky some of its characters may seem, “At a Distance Spring is Green” will mirror real life in the way that each student is secretly struggling with their own scars or problems on the inside.

In addition to the campus love stories that are certain to make viewers’ hearts flutter, the drama will also provide a moving glimpse inside the inner turmoil of its characters, who are unable to open up to others about their respective hardships.

While Yeo Joon’s life may seem flawless on the outside, he is secretly harboring a painful emotional wound—and while Nam Soo Hyun might appear cold and unfeeling, he is exhausted and weary from having to give up the little joys of life in order to survive.

Spoiler

Kang-Min-Ah-Park-Ji-Hoon.jpeg

3. The chemistry between the cast

As the stars of “At a Distance Spring is Green” are all in the same age range, they quickly developed a natural chemistry and camaraderie that shines through in their acting. The friendships between the actors and the comfortable atmosphere on set will bring the drama’s romantic relationships and friendships to life in a convincing and immensely watchable way.

Spoiler

Kang-Min-Ah-Bae-In-Hyuk.jpeg

“At a Distance Spring is Green” premieres on June 14 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1473172wpp/3-reasons-why-at-a-distance-spring-is-green-is-the-ultimate-relatable-college-drama

And more about the cast.....

Post teaser later...

Bae In Hyuk is in demand at the moment.  Current drama - Gumiho, and this one on 14th and there is another one upcoming I believe "Why Oh So Jae".

Jun 11, 2021
by E. Cha

At a Distance Spring is Green” stars Park Ji Hoon and Bae In Hyuk dished on their budding friendship and working together behind the scenes!

Based on a popular webtoon, “At a Distance Spring is Green” is a new KBS drama about the realistic struggles of college students facing the harsh realities of a tough world.

Park Ji Hoon will star in the drama as Yeo Joon, a first-year student from a wealthy family who seems to have it all, but secretly harbors a painful emotional wound. With his handsome looks and sunny personality, Yeo Joon is immensely popular and beloved by everyone on campus.

Bae In Hyuk will star as Nam Soo Hyun, a frosty third-year student who has become a loner by choice. Nam Soo Hyun, who is constantly busy struggling to make ends meet, has drawn a firm line between himself and his peers—but when he and his polar opposite Yeo Joon cross paths, they wind up entangled in a complex relationship that mixes friendship, obsession, and feelings of indebtedness.

Read more -->  https://www.soompi.com/article/1474114wpp/park-ji-hoon-and-bae-in-hyuk-talk-about-their-chemistry-in-at-a-distance-spring-is-green

Jun 11, 2021
by C. Hong

At a Distance Spring Is Green” has shared a relationship chart of the principal characters in the show!

Based on a popular webtoon, “At a Distance Spring Is Green” is an upcoming KBS drama about the realistic struggles of college students facing the harsh realities of a tough world.

Park Ji Hoon stars as Yeo Joon, a handsome and popular student from a wealthy family who seems to have it all. Kang Min Ah stars as Kim So Bin, an ordinary student who struggles to achieve her goals. Bae In Hyuk stars as Nam Soo Hyun, a notoriously cold and unfriendly loner with few friends.

The relationship chart puts these three main characters front and center. Both Kim So Bin and Nam Soo Hyun are in their third year of university, with Kim So Bin being 22 years old and Nam Soo Hyun 25 years old. Yeo Joon is 20 years old and in his first year. (All ages are in Korean age.) All three college students are majoring in business. Kim So Bin’s relationship with Yeo Joon is “from wariness to affection,” while Yeo Joon’s relationship with her is “from curiosity to affection.” Yeo Joon and Nam Soo Hyun’s relationship is a mix of friendship, obsession, and indebtedness on both sides, but are also described as “pseudo-brothers.”

Read more--> https://www.soompi.com/article/1474144wpp/at-a-distance-spring-is-green-previews-complicated-relationships-between-college-students

at-a-distance-spring-is-green.jpeg

• Like 1

Na In Woo, Cha Chung Hwa, And More Are Charismatic Professors In “At A Distance Spring Is Green”

Jun 12, 2021
by C. Hong

KBS’s upcoming drama “At a Distance Spring Is Green” has released new stills of the professors in the show.

“At a Distance Spring Is Green” is a college campus drama starring Park Ji Hoon, Kang Min Ah, and Bae In Hyuk. Na In Woo appears in the drama as Yeo Joon Wan, the older brother of Park Ji Hoon’s character Yeo Joon. He is also the youngest professor in the business department at the university where his brother attends. However, he has a complicated relationship with his little brother.

Cha Chung Hwa plays Professor Song, an authoritarian professor in the business department who is cold and rational. She takes a dislike to the “romantic” atmosphere on campus and believes that university is a competition and a battleground rather than a playground for young people.

Lee Roo (Eru) plays Professor Park, who is completely opposite to his senior Professor Song. Unlike her, he is friendly and approachable with his students. He buys them meals and listens to their life stories to try and guide them on their path to their small but meaningful dreams and help them to live better lives. He is a sincere teacher who regrets that there is no longer a sense of camaraderie on campus.

Lee Ye Rim rounds out the teaching cast as T.A. Seol, a graduate student at Myungil University and a teaching assistant in the business department. She feels bad for her junior, Kim So Bin (Kang Min Ah), who is struggling to keep up with university life, and lends her a helping hand and becomes a strong source of support. However, as a teaching assistant, she also struggles with the rigid demands of the older professors.

na-in-woo-cha-chung-hwa-lee-ye-rim-lee-r

“At a Distance Spring Is Green” premieres on June 14 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1474351wpp/na-in-woo-cha-chung-hwa-and-more-are-charismatic-professors-in-at-a-distance-spring-is-green

-------------------

I got interested as I saw Na In Woo and Bae In Hyuk in the cast. I know Na In Woo since Mr Queen, and Bae In Hyuk from XXX. It looked cute until I read synopsis which sort of reads to me like Love Alarm, especially the characters the two male leads portray. One hard-working straight A student, the other rich, playboy.  One female lead. 

I really do hope it's more slice of life. 

• Like 1

• ferily changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Seen from a Distance, Green Spring, 멀리서 보면 푸른 봄 - Mon & Tues @ 21:30 KST

Quotables already.. and it's just episode 1.

"The world tells me I'm physically an adult. But that's not how I see myself.

This smile hides really what I feel inside"

"They say this is our youth. Youth, the green spring of one's life. Spring is only green at a distance"

"It's the easiet thing to do, right? Making friends?"

There's already complicated relationshipos and  bungee jumping. And it's only the first  episode.  Gonna watch two episodes before I  post thoughts.