[Drama 2021] Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha ☀️ 갯마을 차차차

Maetawinz

15 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Du Sik hugging Hye Jin tightly after his nightmare.

Has me crying so much.

Yup, the worst has yet to come and I am rooting for a happy ending.

Dimple Couple ---> Yoga Couple ---> Cockroach Couple 

:loolz: 

Next we have Rotisserie chicken Couple :joy:

@STARSX  I love your gifs, they are so cute and adorable. 

• LOL 9

3 hours ago, nyk said:

I also feel sad for the cafe owner. He miss his wife all the time even she passed away long ago. He's a lonely one too.

Agreed. In fact, I think the only married couple in the village is Bo Ra's parents. The rest are either widows, widowers, or divorced :( . We need more folks to get together in this village, people! Thank goodness Mi Seon and Hye Jin came from far away. :D

Also....I really do not get the fashion world at all. The black thing Hye Jin was wearing during yoga looked so uncomfortable. And the fishnet thing DS was wearing looked so grotesque!! Give me a sharp, trim, classic suit on my husband any day. Thankfully HJ rejected the Michael Jackson suit. :D

(Edited to reflect the fact I do have a husband who can be the recipient of my fashion choices. Except he never wears a suit, ever. Oh well.)

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

Does anyone else think that some scenes in episode 12 were adlibbed? Like specifically the scene where Hye Jin and Du Sik were taking photos in the uniform, when Hye Jin was making sounds while taking photos and Du Sik was like, “do you really have to make those sounds?” I feel like that was Kim seon ho saying that and it was an adlib???? I don’t know but it seemed so natural..

Also the scene where they’re looking at the photos and Du Sik hits his head on the table by accident, I also feel like that was a mistake or NG scene by Seon Ho but they decided to go with it… I just feel like so many scenes are adlibs 

• Like 13
  • LOL 1

Hi All,

I used to be silent reader of soompi forum for a long time. Its been so long i logged in as well. But this drama pulled me out of the slump to write again. Though i am enjoying it tremendously, i also so scared for the upcoming episodes.. hopefully everything will be sort between our dimple couple and once again they will be back to the clingy couple.

I have made a post in my website about the little moments i was dearly enjoyed in this series

https://theeasychair.in/the-little-moments-in-home-town-cha-cha-cha/

have a look at it and let me know the little moments u savour. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

@EInfinityYeong Guk character is so immature, even his own son shows more maturity. His the only character who we have yet seen to grow. Although he was right, I do think Hwa Jeong fell in love with him because she needed some comfort. He did say that her mother only just passed away and her best friend/ his first crush left them so they both were lonely and  his goofiness brought her some happiness in a time that she needed the most.  I do agree that HwaJeong still loves him so they will reconcile after all its a healing drama and he will need to do some serious growth development to heal HJ wounds.  His so oblivious of what he did and the damage is too much.  I agree DS will play cupid with these two and somehow it might workout again.

@ferily Ironically we said  a storm is  coming between our couple. There is a typhoon coming in Gongjin and it's happening when Bora's mother goes into labor. :fear:  A 1.5 hour drive to the birthing unit and  through a typhoon. YIKEs please no car accidents, no white truck of doom..:cries: 

Am I right? this is the ep 13 text preview. cr tvN

X2q5RvW.jpg

In terms of the marriage and divorce laws. It depends on the country, as I'm not really familiar with the family law in Korea I can say that in Australia a divorce has a settling/ cooling off period of 2 years where the once couple must prove to have lived apart for 2 years for their divorce to become finalised. Once divorce they are free to remarry anyone including the ex spouse. If within the 2 year period the couple wants to reconcile they can and their divorce will be revoked. In HJ and YG case I think they have been divorced for a long time now and way passed the 2 year period so the court would've approved of their divorce already. If they do want to reconcile they can and can marry just like another other couple.

Who knows can we have a double wedding, no quad wedding in Gongjin - HJ and DS, MS and EC, YG and HJ, Ji PD and the writer Ji Won. HAHAHA! what a happy ending there! Though I'm still yet to be convinced for HJ and YG. 

Wow, so many different theories of who the mystery lady is and DS past. I need to go back and read them. I'll share a bit of DS instead and why I think his love for HJ will get him thru his pain. 

More contrasting images: DS yes keep thinking of HJ and you can move away from your dark self. The negativity is too toxic.

Then vs Now

Seeing DS eyes and smile change after meeting his sunbae. Ep 12 kiss is just too bittersweet. :heartbreak:

KSH you better win Best actor for playing such a complex character. You are delivering DS inner self conflict so well. Thank you writer nim and PD nim in raising more awareness of mental health, self care and self worth.

Spoiler

DS you cant bottle this inside, please speak up and have confidence that HJ can help. 

I like this analysis of their kiss in ep 12- "I love you" is a sign of their commitment to love and understand each other and I'm holding onto that hoping DS won't push HJ away or cause any unnecessary break ups.  

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Blob 1

I may be the only one that find the FL still selfish. She wants to dictate what they should do as a couple. She wants to fulfill her bucket list without thinking about the other party. She wants to keep their relationship hidden from the people around them. She's violent. She's still a material girl. It's all about her and her feelings. She's possessive, and almost a stalker. She knows Chief Hong is always busy with all his side jobs within the community. Does he need to report to her every hour?

I understand that it's her money and she can do anything she wants with it. But she's with another person, and while there should be equality in the sexes, when she bought that 5.5M necklace, I find it a bit too much, like flaunting your wealth. It was not made clear if she was able to pay for her investment in opening the clinic, as she's maxed out all her credit cards for that. Mi Seon keeps reminding her about it.

She did mention that she wants to surround herself with expensive things, and that she only buys the  real stuff. Oh well. good luck, Chief Hong, you've got yourself a high-maintenance GF.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

They professed their love to one another with their “Saranghae” and I don’t think kdrama land takes that lightly; considering they did that, hopefully they don’t separate for some stupid issue . I like dramas where they couples remain together and work through their issues together . I really hate when they separate and there is a time jump. Please don’t go that route . This is a healing drama where the power of love and your “family” should prove to heal you . 

• Like 8

@Kasmic loved the analysis on the kiss, thanks for posting it here. 

From your post I gather you are from Australia? Me too.

@reddragonI don't think the FL is selfish, she is impulsive and excitable. She may seem immature with all her msgs etc but I don't think she will ever get in the way of DS and his jobs. I think it is good for DS to have this kind of energy around him, less time to worry/ delve on his past.

I watched the episode again and I am amazed by KS acting, he manages to show so many micro expressions in every scene. Also SM and KS have the most expressive eyes, during the "love you" scene SM had the most perfect happy tears and KS looked so sad/torn look in his eyes. They are brilliant! 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, reddragon said:

I may be the only one that find the FL still selfish. She wants to dictate what they should do as a couple. She wants to fulfill her bucket list without thinking about the other party. She wants to keep their relationship hidden from the people around them. She's violent. She's still a material girl. It's all about her and her feelings. She's possessive, and almost a stalker. She knows Chief Hong is always busy with all his side jobs within the community. Does he need to report to her every hour?

I understand that it's her money and she can do anything she wants with it. But she's with another person, and while there should be equality in the sexes, when she bought that 5.5M necklace, I find it a bit too much, like flaunting your wealth. 

I get where you're coming from @reddragonand you're entitled to your opinions. I too thought that Hye Jin was a little too much to bear as a gf with everything she wanted to do in such a short time. BUT it was filmed in such a lighthearted and cutesey/loving manner, it was hard to dislike, instead more a LOL moment that's easy to laugh off. Her 'violence' was clearly written pmore for the comedy factor (much like My Sassy Girl?), although yes, definitely shouldn't be condoned. Her materialistic nature was explained, and importantly so, she has never expected anyone to fund her lavish lifestyle- she worked her way through college, never expected Du Shik to buy her the necklace or any presents/pay for her meals. PLUS she does redeem herself by selling the necklace she thought was burdening Du Shik, and she has shown plenty of good qualities, i.e subsidising the cost of dentistry treatment for grandmother Gamri, and the kid Ju Ri. Lastly, she wanted to keep their relationship under wraps for gd reasons- 1. gossip amongst the villagers can be too much to bear esp for a new relationship, not forgetting that these 2 lovebirds proclaimed initially that they were clearly just friends, and 2. She had to be considerate of PD SH who confessed his feelings so sincerely to her.

No one is perfect, even in real life, but I reckon Hye Jin's not that bad after all. :selfie:

7 hours ago, ferily said:

Does anyone else think that some scenes in episode 12 were adlibbed? Like specifically the scene where Hye Jin and Du Sik were taking photos in the uniform, when Hye Jin was making sounds while taking photos and Du Sik was like, “do you really have to make those sounds?” I feel like that was Kim seon ho saying that and it was an adlib???? I don’t know but it seemed so natural..

Also the scene where they’re looking at the photos and Du Sik hits his head on the table by accident, I also feel like that was a mistake or NG scene by Seon Ho but they decided to go with it… I just feel like so many scenes are adlibs 

Yup for sure @ferily! I could tell the close up shot of Shin Min Ah posing twice was not practiced because on her 2nd pose she wasn't prepared and tried to change but ended up (quickly) doing the same hand gesture.

Even the multiple clothes changing scene, I could definitely see KSH being caught off guard when she lifted his top to reveal his abs and her shrieking at his mesh fishnet top. They themselves said the drama was full of adlibs, and you can just tell when its their real expressions and emotions coming through.:getmygrooveon:

3 hours ago, dramamilft said:

They professed their love to one another with their “Saranghae” and I don’t think kdrama land takes that lightly; considering they did that, hopefully they don’t separate for some stupid issue . I like dramas where they couples remain together and work through their issues together . I really hate when they separate and there is a time jump. Please don’t go that route . This is a healing drama where the power of love and your “family” should prove to heal you . 

Please, yes this is what all us drama fans are hoping! I wanna see them (or Du Shik really) heal together through the power of love and companionship, rather than escape and sort through their problems separately before coming together again because that would be a rather superficial relationship, not one that has gone through trials and tribulations t.o.g.e.t.h.e.r. 

It's the only way the drama can truly feel wholesome imo :wub:

• Like 10
  • Love 5

loving and agree with everyone’s posts as always!!

I was really impressed with KSH’s acting at the beginning of the episode - when he was having the nightmare. Wow, the emotions he portrayed was just :thumbsup: and he looked amazing in that stripped shirt too!

• Like 8

Can we just talk about Kim Seon Ho’s acting with his eyes though? Like my goodness the boy can really act and is super good with his expressions. I feel like Du Sik is so natural for Seon Ho to act out. I also think that some of Seon Ho’s habits he does in real life is engraved into Du Sik and seen in the drama, i.e. sweeping his hair back (I noticed he does this a bit in 2D1N too) and also when he’s scratching his neck with his finger (the scene where Hye Jin said let’s eat to her father after they just came out of the restaurant). But seriously, Kim Seon Ho’s acting is amazing and he’s so natural acting as Du Sik. I’m falling for him as the drama progresses :love: Now I can see why everyone fell for him in Startup… This is my first time watching a drama with Kim Seon Ho.. I really hope he’ll win an award for his acting in this drama because he is nailing it.

@YuSanSeul Haha omg I thought parts of the dressing scene in the mall at Seoul was adlibbed too! When Hye Jin pulled on Du Sik’s T-shirt, I thought that was Shin Min Ah’s adlib and Kim Seon Ho actually being shocked hehe… this is why I’m constantly on the look out for adlibs because the drama is literally filled with so many!

• Like 11

@reddragon I am not the romantic type so I do find HJ a bit childish once Love hits her, but I do not think she is selfish. HJ is a kind-hearted and caring girl, she just loves DS so much that she wants to do everything with him, and I think those things in her to-do-list are cute, too :) She wanted to keep their relationship hidden because they had been the talk of the town even before they became a couple, she just wanted to see if they could have some privacy. I would not say she is possessive, she respects his part-time jobs, doesn't bother him during work hours, she made her own efforts to be able to meet him: she went to the coffee shop in the morning because she knew DS would be there; she ordered Chinese food because she knew he would work there during lunch; she went to the supermarket because DS were there, too. Since they are now a couple, she has the right to know what he is up to right? Definitely not hourly report, but if my husband goes somewhere that is not contactable for 6 hours, I would question, too. 

I totally agree with @YuSanSeul about the comic side of violent acts, they just laughed it off. It cracked me up so bad when DS said: Do you want to date me? Or do you want to kill me? :lol:

I am not a dentist but I reckon they make at least 120,000USD per year, so buying a 4,300USD necklace once or twice a year is definitely not something too lavish. Since HJ came to Gongjin, she does not buy a lot for herself, I think she used to spend a lot more when she was in Seoul, where she sometimes maxed out her credit card but I am sure she had enough savings to open the clinic in Gongjin, she does not look like the type of person that does not know how to spend her money. The time HJ went to Seoul with MS, she only looked at men's clothes and even when she went with DS, she wanted to buy clothes for him first, I think the necklace is just something that has been on her wish list for so long that she wanted to buy it now when she had a chance, not to flaunt her wealth to DS. DS, on the other hand, is not just a labour worker in the village, I am sure he earned a lot when he was in Seoul, he also knows how to spend his money, and he is totally cool with HJ's spending habit, so why should it bother us? :) 

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

KSH has an expressive eyes. you can see in all his kdramas how much he expresses himself with those eyes. and he really is a good and professional actor coz we know that he do act in a play. I find some those who act in a play over acting when they do film but his really good in acting and he never over act in all his role. 

let's hope for a better healing next episodes. hope they will get through everything together. fighting SikHye couple! :fullofhearts:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ferily said:

when he’s scratching his neck with his finger (the scene where Hye Jin said let’s eat to her father after they just came out of the restaurant).

I find that so endearing and.. sexy? Haha but then again I’m just extremely biased when it comes to KSH. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 3

Spot on @EInfinity

I think it's because they're still in the honeymoon phase so it's natural that she's very clingy to him and of course

Hyejin who ‘plans every minute of her life according to a life span of 99 years...has a very specific idea of what she wants to do with her boyfriend.

She clearly never experience this "teenage love" before. So all she wanted to do is doing everything with the man who loved her BACK despite her flaws and all.

• Like 6
  • Blob 2

39 minutes ago, Silverlining93 said:

Spot on @EInfinity

I think it's because they're still in the honeymoon phase so it's natural that she's very clingy to him and of course

Hyejin who ‘plans every minute of her life according to a life span of 99 years...has a very specific idea of what she wants to do with her boyfriend.

She clearly never experience this "teenage love" before. So all she wanted to do is doing everything with the man who loved her BACK despite her flaws and all.

Who isn't right? I mean most of us can relate once upon a time how we can be so clingy during honeymoon stage of a relationship (esp when we just came from a dry spell like HJ :phew:). All actions that sometimes felt cringey once we move to another phase of the relationship :lol:

@flowergirlz93love your little scenes. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Ep 11 and 12 BTS video is out! Our HomeCha casts have great chemistry together, they are so fun to watch :wub::lol:

Ladies, I was re-watching ep 12 and saw the scene when DS, Ji PD and writer Wang were in front of the coffee shop talking. Ji PD wanted to get a chair for writer Wang because of her bad back but she refused and said "Since when do you look out for me?", Ji PD then said "I always look out for you". DS was looking at them and listening to their whole conversation with a suspicious expression and then he smirked. I think he found out that they would make a great couple and would play the Cupid role for them in the next few episodes :D

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Blob 1