[Drama 2023] Moving ☄ 무빙- Jo In Sung / Han Hyo Joo / Cha Tae Hyun (Disney+, Hulu)

Maetawinz

@rocher22 The killer seems to at least be immune or weirdly able to fight off people with powers. He is super creepy!!!

And I'm still how to feel about the class president, too. On the one hand it's like he doesn't know how to control his own strength, but on the other...it does seem like he is unnecessarily cruel. 

Ep 8-9 starts the arc about the parents' backstory and it's a bit more straightforward. I'm super curious how everything connects around with the present day. (Yes, I have read the webtoon, but the drama is more fleshed out, with some added characters.) 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Although Im not sure if he couldnt control his strength or if he

didnt want to stop when he beat up his classmate.

i believe he just don't want to stop. 

-----------

i finished watched until ep9, i can't believe i have waited 7 episode to see joinsung-nim's face.. love him.

i can see a lot of similarity of him in his son. He needs to comeback fast and teach his son to fly and control his body. i feel so bad everytime BS carry his bag, and wonder how his bag can carry that much of weight.

i like how the characters are related.. like how BS like beonggaeman when he was a kid. (i hope he didn't die, Cha Tae Hyun is not a cameo, right?) 

BS has both mom and dad's ability.. i cannot imagine if BS do ended up with HS, their child will have super sense, can fly and won't get hurt (plus a lot of humanism and sympathy). 

If HS ended up with GH, their kid will be indestructible, that's crazy.

anyone read the webtoon?

**edit**

i have another question, are they have somekind of telepathy? i still not sure if the bus driver can see how his dad was killed through the battery, or it's just a flashback.

• Like 4

BS is so innocent... He struggles really hard when HS is near him....:D

The gym scenes..

The Prez was in panic when he realized that HS was going to change her clothes. 

He quickly hid and it was decent of him. 

Im not sure if GH despises his father or feels sorry for him.

That was pretty cool how GH saved HS. Though I wonder if he loosened the screw or if it was Kisoo.  :unsure:

Frank and Naju...another good fight scene...  :approves:

F4IDCiwakAACs4r?format=webp&name=900x900

:D

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

its hard to watch this week episode because the fight scene was too brutal. i like scene between DS n JW towards the end of the episode. can’t wait to be back to present timeline scene because i miss the kids. 

i wonder if GH’s father is actually faking his disabilities to hide his identity. 

• Like 2

"Moving" has set a new record by claiming the most viewing time in the first week of release among Korean and global content among Disney+ domestic service works.

Globally, it has also become the most watched work in terms of viewing time among Korean original series in the first week of its release on Hulu in the United States. In addition, it ranks among the most watched series based on viewing time in the first week of release in Disney+ Asia-Pacific, including Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Southeast Asia.

Regarding these achievements, Carol Choi, Head of Original Content Strategy of The Walt Disney Company Asia-Pacific, said, “The 11 episodes of "Moving" that have been released so far have elicited global consumer responses that exceed our expectations.

spacer.png

https://www.breaknews.com/983641

• Like 3

On 8/23/2023 at 1:46 PM, yoyo_icecube said:

its hard to watch this week episode because the fight scene was too brutal. i like scene between DS n JW towards the end of the episode. can’t wait to be back to present timeline scene because i miss the kids. 

i wonder if GH’s father is actually faking his disabilities to hide his identity. 

Uh yeah, brutal is sure the word. :flushed: 

I did like how Kim Doo Sik just quietly bucked all the instructions from the cranky director and connected directly with Jowon. And I want Jowon and the coffee lady to run away and never look back. (Obviously they have had both happy and sad times since then, since we know their daughter lost her mom but has a loving relationship with dad.)

I hope next week is er, less grisly. But I think we have to see the story of the class president's parents first before we return to the kids. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

‘Moving’ Becomes Disney’s Most-Watched Korean Drama Ever in Just 7 Days

The hit supernatural spy series, starring Ryu Seungryong, Han Hyojoo and Zo Insung, is giving Disney+ and Hulu something of a 'Squid Game' moment.

spacer.png

Disney appears to be having a Squid Game moment.

The star-studded Korean spy series Moving has become Disney+ and Hulu’s most-watched K-drama ever — in the U.S. and globally — within just seven days of release. The show launched on Disney’s streaming services on Aug. 9 and has become the company’s most popular series in any language, based on hours streamed, across the Asia Pacific region, including in Korea, Japan, Southeast Asia, Hong Kong and Taiwan. That means viewers in Asia have already watched Moving more than Disney’s core franchise series like The Mandalorian. (Disney declined to share more precise viewership data.)

“The global consumer response towards the first 11 episodes of Moving has exceeded our expectations,” said Carol Choi, Disney’s executive vp of original content strategy in APAC. “From the U.S. to all across APAC, it is fast becoming a breakout hit with its captivating storyline, world-class cast and incredible post-production effects — all coming together to deliver exceptional storytelling.”

Moving is an adaptation of a popular webtoon created by the influential Korean artist Kang Full, whose works have been adapted into several local films. The show stars some of the biggest names in Korean film and television, including Ryu Seungryong (Miracle in Cell No. 7), Han Hyojoo (20th Century Girl) and Zo Insung (Smugglers) in his long-awaited return to the drama series format. 

Moving tells the story of a group of South Korean spies working to protect their super-powered children from harm and exploitation at the hands of malicious government agencies. Initially recruited because of their extraordinary abilities including flight, instant healing and enhanced senses, the spies disappeared without a trace after being tasked with carrying out increasingly dubious missions. Now with their children exhibiting similar abilities and a dangerous assassin rapidly picking off super-powered individuals, the parents must leave their peaceful lives behind to become the “monsters” they once were.

The first 11 episodes of Moving are now available on Disney+ and Hulu, with two new episodes dropping every Wednesday. A three-part season finale is slated for Sept. 20.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/moving-disney-most-watched-korean-drama-ever-1235574770/

• Like 3

Spy Thriller ‘Moving’ Becomes Most Viewed Korean Original Series Across Disney+, Hulu (EXCLUSIVE)

Disney+ has scored the next breakout hit from Asia after “Squid Game.”

spacer.png

Star-studded international espionage series “Moving” has become the most watched Korean original on Disney+ globally and Hulu in the U.S., based on hours streamed after seven days.

In its first week since launch on Aug. 9, the series also became the most watched series on Disney+ across Asia Pacific, including in Korea, Japan, Southeast Asia, Hong Kong and Taiwan – based on hours watched – and the biggest premiere on Disney+ in Korea to date, based on hours streamed in the first week since launch. “Moving” launched globally on Disney+ in 65 markets and countries and Hulu in the U.S.

Featuring stars who are household names in Korea, including Ryu Seung-ryong (“Life is Beautiful”), Han Hyo-joo (“20th Century Girl”) and Zo In-sung (“Smugglers”), “Moving” is based on Kang Full’s hit webtoon. It tells the story of a group of South Korean spies working to protect their super-powered children from harm and exploitation at the hands of malicious government agencies. Initially recruited because of their extraordinary abilities including flight, instant healing and enhanced senses, the spies disappeared without a trace after being tasked with carrying out increasingly dubious missions. Now with their children exhibiting similar abilities and a dangerous assassin rapidly picking off super-powered individuals, the parents must leave their peaceful lives behind to become the “monsters” they once were.

“The global consumer response towards the first 11 episodes of ‘Moving’ has exceeded our expectations,” said Carol Choi, executive VP of original content strategy, The Walt Disney Company APAC. “From the U.S. to all across APAC, it is fast becoming a breakout hit with its captivating storyline, world-class cast and incredible post-production effects – all coming together to deliver exceptional storytelling.”

The first 11 episodes of “Moving” are now available. Two new episodes are set to release every Wednesday, with a three-part series finale slated for Sept. 20.

https://variety.com/2023/tv/asia/moving-disney-hulu-korea-1235704441/

• Like 4

On 8/25/2023 at 12:23 PM, frozentundra said:

Uh yeah, brutal is sure the word. :flushed: 

I did like how Kim Doo Sik just quietly bucked all the instructions from the cranky director and connected directly with Jowon. And I want Jowon and the coffee lady to run away and never look back. (Obviously they have had both happy and sad times since then, since we know their daughter lost her mom but has a loving relationship with dad.)

I hope next week is er, less grisly. But I think we have to see the story of the class president's parents first before we return to the kids. 

yes! i love it when he ignore the old man's instruction. he's so cruel to tell DS to let JW die if he is not willing to take JW as his teammate. this old man is cruel to the core. I wonder if he do have any superpower because he is part of the organisation.

seems like i need to wait for a few weeks before get to see the kids again. I curious about class president's dad.. i truly think he faking his mental illness and the slurred speech.

• Like 1

Moving | Reviews | Disney+ Singapore

I'm not jealous of Iron Man... 'Moving' opens a new horizon for 'K-Hero'

The unveiled 'Moving' was not a Korean version of Marvel. "Moving" boasted the aspect of a well-made series that was so Korean and fresh that it opened a new horizon for "K-Hero." In particular, contrary to the expectation that the characters' superpowers would be put at the forefront, they focused on the narratives and emotions of each character, retaining their own Korean color.

This worked effectively. If "Moving" had dealt with the characters' abilities and adventures deeply, saying it would surpass Marvel's stronghold, it would have only been "second-in-command" at best. Refusing to become a sub-class of Marvel and empowering Korean storytelling has become the biggest advantage and characteristic of "Moving."

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/tv-drama/article/2023082718804

• Like 1

All the Times Jo In Sung and Han Hyo Joo Worked Together Before Starring in "Moving"

After 18 years, "Moving" marks their first official K-drama together!

Despite nearly two decades of pair-ups, Hallyu stars Jo In Sung and Han Hyo Joo are finally sharing a screen in the K-drama world! In Disney+’s series Moving, the duo portrays a romance struggling against the odds of a superpowered world. But before they played the part of former agents, the two actors shared one frame in a number of appearances—be it an ad or a reality show!

Below, see the times Jo In Sung and Han Hyo Joo were paired together throughout the years.

Crencia (2005)

In 2005, a then-24-year-old Jo In Sung and a then-18-year-old Han Hyo Joo were paired together to pose for the Korean clothing brand Crencia. The two were featured in the label’s print ads, where they sported Y2K-appropriate ensembles—spot all that color below!

spacer.png

Black Yak (2012-2013)

The pair reunited years later for another commercial, this time representing the outdoor clothing brand Black Yak. In Sung and Hyo Joo modeled in several campaigns for the label like their 2013 Spring collection, while they also appeared in Black Yak’s camping-themed commercial films, with some were even filmed at the Himalayas.

spacer.png

"Unexpected Business" (2022)

The power duo met again on the small screen in 2022, when Hyo Joo guest-starred on Unexpected Business, the reality series hosted by In Sung and their Moving co-star Cha Tae Hyun. 

The show’s premise had the two actors as the bosses of a countryside grocery, and episodes 11 and 12 featured Hyo Joo as a “part-time co-worker.” And that’s not just the only appearance the actress will make—Hyo Joo is slated to return in the series’ third season as its first guest!

"Moving" (2023)

Nearly 20 years after their first print ads together, the acting pair finally came together for a K-drama of their own! In Sung and Hyo Joo star in Disney+’s supernatural series Moving, where they fill the shoes of Kim Doo-shik and Lee Mi-hyun, a married couple harboring powerful secrets—quite literally!

spacer.png

https://www.preview.ph/culture/jo-in-sung-han-hyo-joo-ads-dramas-a00398-20230827?utm_source=Twitter-Preview&utm_medium=Ownshare&utm_campaign=20230827-twnp-culture-jo-in-sung-han-hyo-joo-ads-dramas-a00398-20230827-twfirst

• Like 2

Jo In Sung And Ryu Seung Ryong Make A Super Duo In “Moving” Poster

A new poster for Ryu Seung Ryong and Jo In Sung’s hit drama “Moving” has been released!

Disney+’s “Moving” is a superhero action drama about teenagers with hidden superhuman powers and their parents who, unbeknownst to them, harbor a painful secret from their pasts. They eventually team up to battle powerful dark forces that threaten multiple generations across different eras.

The poster depicts Jang Joo Won (Ryu Seung Ryong) and Kim Doo Shik (Jo In Sung), both exuding somewhat intimidating and intense charisma as they embark on a mission together.

Spoilers

In the last episode, Jang Joo Won just barely survived becoming a black agent with Kim Doo Shik’s help who had been monitoring everything from high up in the sky.

Despite being told by their superiors to communicate by referring to one another by their designated codenames and ranks, they soon became close enough to start talking much more casually with each other.

Their strong relationship will be depicted in the next episode. Viewers are most excited to see the chemistry between these two black agents as they go on missions together as well as their hilarious bickering.

spacer.png

“Moving” releases two episodes every Wednesday at 4 p.m. KST and three episodes on September 20, which is the final day.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1609734wpp/jo-in-sung-and-ryu-seung-ryong-make-a-super-duo-in-moving-poster

• Like 3

Zo In-sung on ‘Moving’: “All that drives me is that I wanted to do it”

The veteran actor tells NME about his long-awaited small screen return, why he stayed away from TV for so long and more

spacer.png

Playing a brooding, mysterious character bestowed with a secret superpower, veteran actor Zo In-sung marks his comeback to the small screen in Disney+’s Moving. Zo has not played a major role on television for almost a decade, instead focusing on feature films roles, having appeared in The King (2017), Escape from Mogadishu (2021) and more. But that wasn’t necessarily the actor’s intention, he tells NME over a video call from San Francisco. “It just happened that recent works that I decided to be on are films,” he shares. “Same [with Moving], where I was drawn to this project and it happened to be a series.”

Adapted from a popular webtoon of the same name by writer Kang Full, Moving is an eclectic blend of genres, shifting from nail-biting action, to a sweet school romance, to a political thriller over its 20 episodes. The high-budget series, which cost Disney+ around ₩50billion (about USD37million) to make, premiered August 9 on the streaming service with its first seven episodes, followed by two episodes releasing each week until a three-episode finale. Aside from Zo, the series stars A-listers like Ryu Seung-ryong, Han Hyo-joo and Cha Tae-hyun, alongside up-and-coming actors Lee Jung-ha, Go Youn-jung and Kim Do-hoon.

Spanning three decades, Moving follows a group of teenagers with superpowers who become embroiled in a plot involving some of the world’s most powerful governments. Bong-seok, a boy who is able to float and fly, and Hui-soo, a girl who survived a horrific car crash unscathed, quickly grow close after confiding their secrets in each other and soon discover that there are more people like them. However, a mysterious delivery driver named Frank is given a hit list and begins murdering people with powers across Seoul.

“I was drawn to the characters as they have superpowers, which makes them very extraordinary,” Zo says. “However, they were all leading very ordinary lives.” But beyond the characters, the actor also has a special personal connection to the original webtoon. He grew up in the neighbourhoods around the Gangdong district featured in the original webtoon, like Cheonho-dong and Poongnap-dong, as well as the nearby locales and cities of Godeok-dong, Hanam and Misa.

Zo plays Kim Doo-shik, who is the father of the main character, Bong-seok. “He is someone who works with a very cold head, but inside, he has a very warm heart,” Zo says about his role. “I’m reminded of something that writer Kang Full said to me. He said, ‘I would like for the character to appear as if like Jesus.’”

Moving presented an immense physical challenge as Zo was constantly shooting scenes in the air and would spend extended periods hanging on wire. But contrary to what audiences who have long-followed his career may think, he does not deliberately look for tough roles. “I don’t like to take on challenges, I just focus on what to do next,” Zo says. “It may seem to some people that I am drawn towards challenges but at the end of the day, all that drives me is that I wanted to do it.”

Notably, Moving is one of many webtoons that have been turned into K-dramas in recent years. For example, recent streaming shows like Mask Girl, Hellbound and All of Us Are Dead are all based on webtoons. Although Zo doesn’t read a lot of webtoons himself, the actor spoke about why he thinks webtoon adaptations have become more popular, saying that “studios are more and more drawn to making safer decisions”.

“When you work with a completely original story, there’s a risk factor,” Zo adds. “However, when you work with a webtoon, where the story has been loved by so many people, you can tap into that fandom that has already been built. When you translate that into TV series and films, you are guaranteed a certain level of purchase power.” He also reckons that, as K-drama budgets “grow bigger”, production studios are moving towards “more commercially safe decisions”.

Since beginning his acting career in 1999, Zo has won Best Actor at the Baeksang Arts Awards and SBS Drama Awards, as well as the prestigious Daesang Award (Grand Prize). He has played important roles in highly successful projects like Something Happened in Bali (2004) and A Frozen Flower (2008), while also co-starring in a reality show, Unexpected Business (2021-2022) with close friend, Cha Tae-hyun.

Yet, Zo still feels like he has a long way to go. “I want to continue acting because I haven’t been able to conquer acting. If I were able to conquer it, I may have quit,” Zo says. “I think what drives me is my desire to conquer acting. Obviously, I feel like that’s not something that’s ever going to happen until the end.”

https://www.nme.com/features/tv-interviews/zo-in-sung-moving-tv-comeback-interview-3489824

• Like 3

Spoiler

Jo In Sung, Han Hyo Joo, And Ryu Seung Ryong Face Despair In “Moving”

Jo In Sung, Han Hyo Joo, And Ryu Seung Ryong Face Despair In “Moving”

“Moving” has released new stills of Jo In Sung, Han Hyo Joo, and Ryu Seung Ryong!

Disney+’s “Moving” is a superhero action drama about teenagers with hidden superhuman powers and their parents who, unbeknownst to them, harbor a painful secret from their pasts. They eventually team up to battle powerful dark forces that threaten multiple generations across different eras.

Spoilers

The upcoming two episodes will delve into the story of the three secret agents Jang Joo Won (Ryu Seung Ryong), Lee Mi Hyun (Han Hyo Joo), and Kim Doo Shik (Jo In Sung) whose fates are decided upon by a single choice. Previously at the ending of episode 9, Mi Hyun had a sorrowful reunion with Doo Shik who came to her at the risk of dying following a top secret mission.

However, Mi Hyun points a gun at Doo Shik, who looks sad with disbelief, raising questions about what happened between the two. Afterwards, Mi Hyun is found sobbing, conveying her complicated feelings of carrying out the mission ordered by Min Yong Joon (Moon Sung Geun) to capture Kim Doo Shik alive.

Han-Hyo-Joo-2.jpegJo-In-Sung-.jpegHan-Hyo-Joo-1-1.jpeg

In another still, Jang Joo Won also appears to be facing an unexpected situation. Covered in blood, Jang Joo Won wanders around a barren landscape, raising questions about what happened to Doo Shik’s partner Joo Won.

Spoiler

Ryu-Seung-Ryong-.jpeg

“Moving” releases two episodes every Wednesday at 4 p.m. KST and three episodes on September 20, which is the final day.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1610268wpp/jo-in-sung-han-hyo-joo-and-ryu-seung-ryong-face-despair-in-moving

• Like 2