[Drama 2021-2022] Now, We Are Breaking Up, 지금, 헤어지는 중입니다

twtwb

On January 8, the romance drama starring Song Hye Kyo and Jang Ki Yong ended on stable viewership ratings. According to Nielsen Korea, the series finale of “Now We Are Breaking Up” scored an average nationwide rating of 6.7 percent, making it the most-watched drama in its time slot.

“Now We Are Breaking Up” was also the most-watched drama of Saturday among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it earned an average rating of 3.5 percent.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/now-we-are-breaking-up-ends-at-no-1-in-time-slot-as-snowdrop-ratings-decreased/#ixzz7HQjymhut

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Haha ya everyone seems very quiet. Im not lurking that much as im not very ok with the storyline so trying not to kill the moment by ranting too much here. But that's life, we will having up and down. No one will get high score in everything so its fine for me.

Finally the finale, most of my prediction came true as it is an open ending/happy ending. So the writers choose not to solve all problems they're facing especially the one come from JG family :relieved:

As soon as i heard Kyo said the drama is realistic, i knew we're going to get this 'kind' of ending lol. Not the best one but ya 'realistic'. The good things is i want both YE and JG excelled in their field independently rather than one holding the others down. JG deserved to get recognition for his talents too which is hard to get in Korea so ya it's Paris n being Mr J is the way. YE out from SONO and challenged herself is a yass for me.

What the things really tocuhed me in general in this drama is YE friendship with MiSook and ChiSook. Cry my eyes out for MiSook. She deserved her Best Supporting Actress Award.. 

I also agree on the monotone r/s n story in like 5 last episodes. Like urghh u can expend it in different way and more dynamics but pdnim choose to do the same way n flat. Like nothing happened, just time past :relieved:. So hard to get thru every ep tbh. So generally their love story didn't really touched me im sorry im expecting more.

As we all survived this journey, despite all those mix feeling, reviews and criticism, i will keep supporting Kyo's work in future. N looking forward for Kiyong next project after military too.

New Year new energy new story :allgoodlol:

Edited by ximas last
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

I thought That winter the Wind Blows was a depressing drama but this takes the cake. :( some are mad because of the ending but I’m just glad it’s over. Please don’t throw rocks at me. I cant wait for SHK next project. See you guys at other thread. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I am not going to make a long comment about the drama, I do not think people care.

I wish I could have continue this thread until the last ep, but I saw that no one really care about this drama, except 1 or 2 person and it was better to stay quiet finally.

This drama was not bloody, was not historical or a Rom Com. It was a simple melodrama that deals with reality. Most of people lost a friend, or have a parents who decided to get divorce, having a love they could not keep. This drama was not just a break up in term of love between a Man and Woman, it was stories about separation at work, in love or friendship.

It has its own weakness, like all drama, but does not mean it was a bad drama. It should have get more respect from people and  from the netowrk. I hope later people who criticized this drama and were direspectfull to actors, writer, director and all the staff who worked hard for this drama, will be able to watch it later and see how beautifull stories were.

One word about SHK. It is the first time I follow a drama from the production to the brodcast. I can say that I rarely saw an actress so criticized for who she is or how she is working. Not everyone, but creating a twitter account for NWBU, showed me how people could be direspectfull to SHK. She deserves respect (Like everyone). I get we cannot like everyone and everything, we have our own colour and preference. But, it does not mean people have to directpect someone they do not even know for real. From what I saw SHK is a beautifull person inside. She has a big heart. I wish I could be 1% of who she is. A person would not have recieved  35 food truck from people in the industry and her brand if she was bad (Did not count the one from her fans).  You do not have to like, but at least respect her. 

As of her choice about NWBU, it is her choice, anyone else choice. People think she always do the same drama, but her character was always different and the end of her dramas too. She has her own reason for choosing a drama, she is not her to please anyone but herself. She found a new family/friends. It was one of her best time ever. This woman went trought a lot. Let her be happy...

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Glad to see the ratings go up for the finale... I haven’t had the heart to continue when the episodes started to be depressing with GukHa couple being apart and then Mi Sook’s illness too. It was too hard to watch. I’m glad to see that things turned out well for YE and JG in the end. :wub:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

I forgot to say something about #SongHyeKyo. I do not know if people see all the work she has done for #NowWeAreBreakingUp, to promote it. How many actress/actors would have done what she did? She opened a IG account to share with people/fans lot of pictures. lot of Bts and still cut were posted not only by her but also by Choi Hee Seo, Park Hyo Joo and everyone who had access to this account. She wanted people to see and feel how the filming and the atmosphere were on set. She was not forced to do it, but she did. She (and others) took on her (their) personal time to share/post those photos. If she did it is because she love this project more than anyone and wanted us to see it. People should be grateful to her and more respectful.

As for the hugs scene between SHK and JKY, I think the gap between them in term of heigh was probably the problem to got different hug scene. Almost 30 cm between is huge. However I agree, their scene could have been better. But did not expect much from a writer and a director who did only their 2nd projects. Clearly the Covid was not really the issue. 

From how the Writer describe love and break up, it was clear it was going to be this way. The only think it is how they promoted the drama. The posters and trailer misleading us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pitchoum said:

I forgot to say something about #SongHyeKyo. I do not know if people see all the work she has done for #NowWeAreBreakingUp, to promote it. How many actress/actors would have done what she did? She opened a IG account to share with people/fans lot of pictures. lot of Bts and still cut were posted not only by her but also by Choi Hee Seo, Park Hyo Joo and everyone who had access to this account. She wanted people to see and feel how the filming and the atmosphere were on set. She was not forced to do it, but she did. She (and others) took on her (their) personal time to share/post those photos. If she did it is because she love this project more than anyone and wanted us to see it. People should be grateful to her and more respectful.

As for the hugs scene between SHK and JKY, I think the gap between them in term of heigh was probably the problem to got different hug scene. Almost 30 cm between is huge. However I agree, their scene could have been better. But did not expect much from a writer and a director who did only their 2nd projects. Clearly the Covid was not really the issue. 

From how the Writer describe love and break up, it was clear it was going to be this way. The only think it is how they promoted the drama. The posters and trailer misleading us.

Sorry for my dumb question as I have just recently found my way back to Kyo after not watching kdrama for years. You said "She opened a IG account to share with people/fans lot of pictures", may I know that IG account, please?  Many thanks.

3 minutes ago, minhanh said:

Sorry for my dumb question as I have just recently found my way back to Kyo after not watching kdrama for years. You said "She opened a IG account to share with people/fans lot of pictures", may I know that IG account, please?  Many thanks.

I was talking about the NWBU_official IG account. It was opened by her, Choi Hee Seo and may be Park Hye Joo too. For sure SHK and CHS have access to this account. It did not get verify to it is not SBS who opened it but the actors themselves. SHK mostly posted all the still cut and with CHS both posted bts pics.

Here is the link https://www.instagram.com/nowwearebreakingup_official/

39 minutes ago, Pitchoum said:

I was talking about the NWBU_official IG account. It was opened by her, Choi Hee Seo and may be Park Hye Joo too. For sure SHK and CHS have access to this account. It did not get verify to it is not SBS who opened it but the actors themselves. SHK mostly posted all the still cut and with CHS both posted bts pics.

Here is the link https://www.instagram.com/nowwearebreakingup_official/

Thank you very much for the response. I have checked for updates of NWBU from this IG acc a couple of times without knowing that it was created by SHK. She is awesome :heart:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

I still think the plot has many loopholes and depressing as hell. Simply because I was balling my eyes out. My husband even asked why are you crying at this time of year and everytime it’s on. I said cuz her friend is dying and i know they won’t be together!!! N I’ll cry again whenever I see clips on instagram. Lol. I’ll miss them for sure. Happy grumpy Monday from my neck of the woods 

• Like 1

I watched the drama till the very end. I always like a SHG drama and try to enjoy it to best of my ability. This one was a bit a hard pull to finish. I blame the writer more and probably director too. Does not help that production run out of time and had to hastily shoot the ML since he was called to MS. The title says it all it is about  breaking up so that should clue you in that it will not be a happy story. It was just that there were too many hindrances to their love that they did not really have a choice but to end it. I hate the mothers in this drama, there was nothing to endear them. The only Mother worth  her title is is Misook. She made me cry buckets. But then you just know that her story will be a highlight. She deserves the award for her role.  I love the friendship between the women. Those are the friends one must have. Will be there in good and hard times.  Gukha I wish you had a good ending but sadly the open end one does not do it for me.  Fanfic writers can probably give us the closure we need. I just hope they will hold on to each other this time.  Get away from their mothers quick . 

But I will always watch and enjoy and try not to be too negative. Show thanks for the insight in life, love, relationships and how to break up.

• Like 1

Soompi Forums Awards (Poll #2): The best streaming dramas, c-dramas, daily/weekend dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now you can also vote for your favorite 2021:

• Daily/weekend dramas
  • C-dramas
  • Streaming dramas (ie dramas that only appeared on streaming sites like Netflix)

milk-and-mocha-cute.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl