[Drama 2023] Island ✡ 아일랜드

Maetawinz

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Nam Gil Is Both Human And Monster In New Fantasy Drama “Island”

TVING’s upcoming drama “Island” has shared a new sneak peek of Kim Nam Gil in his starring role!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Island” is a fantasy drama about a dark secret hidden on beautiful Jeju Island—and people who are fated to fight evil forces that are trying to destroy the world.

Kim Nam Gil will be playing the role of Pan, an immortal monster hunter who has been protecting the world from evil demons for thousands of years. Lee Da Hee will star as Mi Ho, a chaebol heiress who possesses a powerful strength of which she is unaware, while ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo will star as a young exorcist priest known as John.

Pan, who is described as being both a human and a monster at the same time, has endured millennia on his own in order to kill the evil demons that are trying to enter the human world through Jeju Island. One photo captures the hunter in the midst of a thrilling fight, wearing both a murderous glare and a self-assured smirk at the same time, while another shows him gripping a weapon with an intense look of determination.

Kim-Nam-Gil-800x800.jpeg

Kim-Nam-Gil-2-800x800.jpeg

Spoiler

Kim-Nam-Gil-3-800x800.jpeg

The producers of “Island” commented, “From the very first shoot, Kim Nam Gil brought the character of Pan to life through not only a detailed analysis of the character, but also a three-dimensional performance in which he disappeared fully into the role. Please look forward to the performance of actor Kim Nam Gil, who will be leading the story while standing at its center.”

“Island” will premiere on December 30. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

Kim Nam Gil Is Both Human And Monster In New Fantasy Drama “Island” | Soompi

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Nam Gil, Lee Da Hee, Cha Eun Woo, Sung Joon, And More Immerse Into Their Roles At 1st “Island” Script Reading

TVING has shared photos from the first script reading for “Island”!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Island” is a fantasy drama about a dark secret hidden on beautiful Jeju Island—and people who are fated to fight evil forces that are trying to destroy the world.

The newly released photos capture the synergy, chemistry, and passion of the “Island” cast, despite the reading being their first meeting. Alongside director Bae Jong and writer Oh Bo Hyun at the reading were cast members Kim Nam Gil, Lee Da Hee, ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo, Sung Joon, Park Geun Hyung, Jeon Gook Hwan, Kim Ki Chun, Oh Kwang Rok, Kang Hyun Joong, Geum Kwang San, Kim Jin Man, Lee Soo Won, Heo Jung Hee, and Yoo Seung Ok, as well as child actors Park Seo Kyung, Kim Seo Joon, and Kim Min Joon.

The director commented, “Although this is an unbelievable fantasy, I hope this drama becomes the role of oxygen and delivers good inspiration and touching emotion to many viewers.”

Island-2.jpg

In his role as Pan, who is described as both a human and a monster, Kim Nam Gil immediately caught everyone’s attention with his first line. With his convincing tone as an immortal monster hunter protecting the world from evil demons, Kim Nam Gil reliably led the reading.

Lee Da Hee stars opposite Kim Nam Gil as Won Mi Ho, the “person at the center of fate.” As a third-generation chaebol and teacher, Lee Da Hee perfectly captured her character’s calm nature despite being placed in a chaotic situation.

ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo plays exorcist John and impressed his co-stars with how easily his lines flowed, as if the role was created just for him. Even donning the eye-catching hairstyle of his character Goong Tan, Sung Joon made a memorable transformation and showed his dedication to the role.

Island-1.jpg

“Island” will premiere on December 30. Check out the action-packed teaser here!

Kim Nam Gil, Lee Da Hee, Cha Eun Woo, Sung Joon, And More Immerse Into Their Roles At 1st “Island” Script Reading | Soompi

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Da Hee Is A Chaebol Heiress Under Attack In New Fantasy Drama “Island”

TVING’s upcoming drama “Island” has shared a new glimpse of Lee Da Hee in her leading role!

Kim Nam Gil will be playing the role of Pan, an immortal monster hunter who has been protecting the world from evil demons for thousands of years, while ASTRO‘s Cha Eun Woo will play a young exorcist priest known as John.

Lee Da Hee will star as Won Mi Ho, a teacher and chaebol heiress who possesses a powerful strength of which she is unaware. As the beautiful heiress to the global conglomerate Daehan Group, Won Mi Ho’s life is one that anyone would envy—and yet, because she is constantly in the spotlight, she has never known a day of peace.

When Won Mi Ho unexpectedly winds up traveling to Jeju Island, she is attacked by an evil demon that she has never seen before, and she gets swept up in a massive battle that she could never have imagined.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Lee Da Hee exudes a sophisticated and intimidating aura as the stunning heiress Won Mi Ho, who wears a slightly troubled expression as she stands in front of a classroom. Another photo offers a sneak peek of the thrilling action to come, with Won Mi Ho looking terrified as she is chased by something or someone.

Lee-Da-Hee-1536x1024.jpeg

Lee-Da-Hee-2-1536x1024.jpeg

Spoiler

Lee-Da-Hee-3-1536x1024.jpeg

Praising Lee Da Hee’s acting, the producers of “Island” remarked, “At every single shoot, Lee Da Hee’s aura stood out as she portrayed her character Won Mi Ho in intricate detail. You can safely look forward to the nuanced acting skills of Lee Da Hee, whose character winds up standing at the center of the fate [of humankind] after experiencing an unexpected incident.”

Lee Da Hee Is A Chaebol Heiress Under Attack In New Fantasy Drama “Island” | Soompi

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Cha Eun Woo Transforms Into The Youngest Exorcist In Upcoming Fantasy Thriller Drama “Island”

The upcoming series “Island” has dropped the first stills of Cha Eun Woo!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Island” is a fantasy drama about a dark secret hidden on beautiful Jeju Island—and people who are fated to fight evil forces that are trying to destroy the world. ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo plays exorcist John, who was adopted overseas soon after he was born. He receives God’s calling and becomes the youngest exorcist. One day, he gets dispatched to Jeju Island and faces ‘the day’ written in the prophetic book, getting entangled in a whirlwind of fate.

In the first still, Cha Eun Woo wears a priest gown and boasts perfect synchronization with his character as if he jumped out from the original webtoon. John is in a space full of holy aura, preparing for a ceremony by lighting a candle while wearing headphones.

cha-eun-woo01.jpeg

In the next image, John is staring somewhere with a meaningful gaze as if he is waiting for someone to appear.

cha-eun-woo02.jpeg

On the other hand, the image below previews John in casual style clothing instead of a priest uniform, making viewers look forward to the colorful charms and performance of this young exorcist.

Spoiler

cha-eun-woo03.jpeg

The production team remarked, “Cha Eun Woo surprised the staff members on site by portraying John more freely as filming went on. The drama will be filled with Cha Eun Woo’s new charms that have not been seen anywhere else, so please show lots of interest.”

Cha Eun Woo Transforms Into The Youngest Exorcist In Upcoming Fantasy Thriller Drama “Island” | Soompi

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Nam Gil, Cha Eun Woo, And Lee Da Hee Prepare To Face Evil In Charismatic New “Island” Poster

TVING’s “Island” has released a dramatic new poster!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Island” is a fantasy drama about a dark secret hidden on beautiful Jeju Island – and people who are fated to fight evil forces that are trying to destroy the world.

Kim Nam Gil will star as Pan, an immortal monster hunter who has been protecting the world from evil demons for thousands of years, while ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo will play a young exorcist priest known as John. Lee Da Hee will portray Won Mi Ho, a teacher and chaebol heiress who possesses a powerful strength of which she is unaware.

The new main poster highlights the dark charisma of Pan and the powerful auras of John and Won Mi Ho. On top of having perfect synchronization with their characters of the original webtoon, these three actors also capture their perfect chemistry. The text on the poster reads, “Special beings who go up against evil.”

Island-1078x1536.jpeg

TVING’s “Island” premieres on December 30.

Kim Nam Gil, Cha Eun Woo, And Lee Da Hee Prepare To Face Evil In Charismatic New “Island” Poster | Soompi

1 hour ago, ferily said:

The plot for this drama sounds super interesting too so I can’t wait!!!

Did you see that Sung Joon is playing the baddie in this drama (at least that's what I assume)?

I haven't seen him in a drama for the longest time. He will do really well!

1 hour ago, ferily said:

I just finished Love is for Sucksrs and happy to see her star in another drama :love: 

Chingu... Quick question:

Spoiler

How did you like the drama? I really REALLY disliked it - the lead characters especially. Only managed to finish it for the cute Ji Wan - Chef John couple. :wub:

• Blob 1

42 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

You mean fantasy, chingu?  I don't either.  I'll try to stick it out at least 4 episodes.

Nah, more like horror :D I just tried watching Strangers from Hell together with @Sleepy Owl but I gave up after ep 5

Horror Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Am really intrigued by Sung Joon in this drama - he’s not an oppa of mine, but haven’t seen him in anything for like 5-6 years. So wanna check it out just to see him play the baddie 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@partyonIs Strangers From Hell scary? I found it boring and dropped it after FFing 4 episodes =x

Even though I'm watching this mainly for KNG, I am looking forward to see CEW emote. I haven't liked Sung Joon in his past dramas, so hopefully this one will change my mind about his acting.

English subbed trailer

credit: ZAPZEE TRAILER SCORES

• Like 4