[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Song of Glory 锦绣长歌

Don Yu

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoiler

In my opinion, there are three possible endings:
1) They follow the story, the prince dies, and she lives...
2) Both die in the end
3) They fake the death of the prince, and in the end they live happily traveling by boat.

The drama may have some gaps in it, but it's very pleasant to watch... Also thanks to the splendid acting of the two protagonists.

She's very good, it's a shame she hasn't had any real leading roles in the past.

2 hours ago, stella77 said:

@SYU Li Qin has starred as a lead in several dramas recently - Joy of Life - and another one that haven’t aired like The Wolf - which fans like me have been waiting for 3 years!?!

Yeah, I saw Joy of Life and I loved it.
I hope The Wolf gets out soon, they say in August.
But looking at her age, she had never played such leading roles before.

If you are looking for a good drama, then I would suggest you give yourself a chance.

I definitely will, I'm around ep 12 right now, totally in love with Li Qin's elder brother and Liu Yi Xuan. The main couple looks a bit too upright so far, actually very hard to explain, but I'm looking forward for their mistakes, tought decisions.IMHO it would make the drama a bit more twisted. 

I'm on episode 34 and the plot is starting to take its toll. This story arc I feel is the most boring part imo. Did they change writers?

Spoiler

The most painful part to watch in this entire drama happened in episode 32/33. Zi Jin dressed up in armor to meet her fiance knowing full well they could encounter enemy troops. And sure enough they did. This battle was hard to watch because of Zi Jin being stuck in the middle of a battle not able to defend herself and Shen Ji had to protect her and failed to help his dad. Zi Jin is usually a smart character so this was unforgivable. I blame the writer.

Another part that's hard to believe is that Li Ge is now in the city of Matou, the same city where Lu Yuan is. Yet they haven't bumped into each other yet. How is that possible?

One part I'm surprised at is Le Qing actually helping out our protagonists. I guess it makes sense due to her love for PPC. But it makes me hopeful that she can change her ways and become good.

I'm on EP 30 and I feel it's lagging??? The build up was good, but now the plot is weak. I love the romance between the OTP; but I hope the plot picks up soon. It's like from episode where LuYuan got taken down then it has started to drag. I thought the script are already done??? The acting is good, but the plot is not doing well.

Seems like most C-dramas now are like this, starts out well and then regressed. 

I'm on ep 29, where there were some sweet scenes between the leads, but the writing of almost everything else is rubbish now. Especially evil sis... she's like a weed that doesn't die even though everyone by now should have known how evil she is. Ridiculous. The leads are barely saving this.

Is this still #1 in China?

On 7/27/2020 at 3:58 AM, SYU said:
  Reveal hidden contents

In my opinion, there are three possible endings:
1) They follow the story, the prince dies, and she lives...
2) Both die in the end
3) They fake the death of the prince, and in the end they live happily traveling by boat.

The drama may have some gaps in it, but it's very pleasant to watch... Also thanks to the splendid acting of the two protagonists.

She's very good, it's a shame she hasn't had any real leading roles in the past.

Li Qin has been a lead in many roles.

Love "My Amazing Bride"!!!

The performances of the final few minutes in Episode 26, WOW! Give me chills!!!

Say whatever you want about this show, this show is FAR superior to acting of other shows!

BTW, speaking of "My Amazing Bride" this show has a lot similarities to it, in that Li Qin's characters on both shows have 'mothers-in-law' bad.

Has everyone stopped watching this? LOL. I'm on ep 31, still skimming anything that doesn't involve the leads. The reunion scene was ridiculous and the writing is crap, but the leads are still barely keeping this together. Also liking Eddie Cheung as the FL's dad.

Hoping the ending will be somewhat true to history.

This is MY favorite series right now, so of course I am still watching it. Can't see what else is better than this right now.

LOVE 33 & 34. A tons of war and Love, if you are into that combo.

On 8/5/2020 at 7:46 PM, Aziraphale said:

Has everyone stopped watching this? LOL. I'm on ep 31, still skimming anything that doesn't involve the leads. The reunion scene was ridiculous and the writing is crap, but the leads are still barely keeping this together. Also liking Eddie Cheung as the FL's dad.

Hoping the ending will be somewhat true to history.

Lol, I'm on episode 40 but it has no audio so I'm waiting for the official Youtube channel to catch up. I hate to agree but after the war story arc started I've been losing interest. The only thing keeping me going is Li Qin.

I am not paying attention to the writing.

Or noticed anything that is to the point of disliking it.

What parts were bad?

Episode 36 is a BIG revelation. Some we viewers know for a while, but the characters don't know until now.

Archived