Huang Can Can as Su Nannan
Lin Xin Yi as Tao Yao
Yang Lin as Xu Xingchen
Zhou Da Wei as Luo Ji
Peng Bi Yao as Na Xi
Shu Ya Xin as Bai Liqi
Zhang Jin Ming

Synopsis:

The drama revolves around a cold-hearted and loyal general Xue Yao who’s investigating the mystery around his brother’s death, and an unfavorable princess named Chu Yue who suffers from insomnia due to a childhood accident and spends her time reading romance novels to rid herself of boredom.

Cr dramawiki

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

The Sleepless Princess 离人心上 Weibo

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to SoompiSupport

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Link to official drama Weibo post about the wrapping up as I couldn’t see the pics posted earlier:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4510964731427631

And a new poster of the ML and FL:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4517469006471170

BK-t12PNQTvfQ_zW-3KEPKvVUl9dZbw65gljb5cc

Article about ZYC appearing at some Mango TV event in costume:

http://www.intnews.cn/v1/470660.aspx

3123f3182d8948f3b50e8a550211b04d.jpeg

84a5d59b31a64f15b0fd221bc572ccc2.jpeg

Article says this is the wedding costume 

• Like 1

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Sleepless Princess 离人心上
8 minutes ago, lovehuche said:

I am loving thus drama so far.  Watch 6 episodes raw and I didn't understand what ther are saying but I didn't get bored.

The first two episodes were really fun. I liked the pacing, acting, sets and storyline so far. 

So glad Zheng Ye Cheng is the main lead. I like him as an actor, but never got into any of his dramas. Based on the 6 episodes,  he seem to have good chemistry with Hu Yi Xuan.

I can't wait for episode 7.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

The first two episodes were really fun. I liked the pacing, acting, sets and storyline so far. 

So glad Zheng Ye Cheng is the main lead. I like him as an actor, but never got into any of his dramas. Based on the 6 episodes,  he seem to have good chemistry with Hu Yi Xuan.

I can't wait for episode 7.

Do you understand Chinese? Why she was asleep during her wedding?  I understand the part why she turned into an animal.

• Like 1

She was in a coma ever since the time she was injured by the poisonous dart. She turns into an animal on the zodiac calendar according to the hour which corresponds with the animal whenever she interferes with her dream predictions. 

And the the reason that she doesn’t sleep in the night is because she is trying to avoid seeing predictions in her dreams. This skill of dreaming of the future came about because the spirit of some rock entered her when she was young.

The story is interesting, with new added elements not seen before in other C-dramas. A big plus is of course, ZYC - his fight scenes are really nice to watch.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, lovehuche said:

Do you understand Chinese? Why she was asleep during her wedding?  I understand the part why she turned into an animal.

Sorry I can only understand abit of Chinese.

Thanks @omiki for the explanation. I am really enjoying the drama so far. The princess isn't too naive, she is smart, positive, loyal and empathetic. 

I have a feeling the Princess's brother be edging onto the wrong side and may be come the bad guy in the future.

Episode 7 and 8 are available for Mango TV Vip members.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

Sorry I can only understand abit of Chinese.

Thanks @omiki for the explanation. I am really enjoying the drama so far. The princess isn't too naive, she is smart, positive, loyal and empathetic. 

I have a feeling the Princess's brother be edging onto the wrong side and may be come the bad guy in the future.

Episode 7 and 8 are available for Mango TV Vip members.  

I read in another forum that she wasn't a real princess, not the Emperor biological daughter.  I think the prince might be in love with her.

• Insightful 1

1 hour ago, lovehuche said:

I read in another forum that she wasn't a real princess, not the Emperor biological daughter.  I think the prince might be in love with her.

No wonder. It all make sense why she is neglected and the prince's actions are over the top for a sibling. I wonder if the princess know the truth?

10 hours ago, lovehuche said:

I’ve only seen Ep. 1 but from what I can gather, she’s the Daughter of some Astrologer or Diviner. After her Father passed away, the Emperor adopted her, so yes, the Prince is not her real Brother. And he does seem overly concerned about her from the wedding scene in Ep. 1. The Emperor doesn’t seem the fatherly sort, as can be seen from the assassination scene - he was not concerned about her injuries, but just wanted to know who the assassin was. He thought it was an assassination attempt on him instead. And he is suspicious of our General who has just returned from a victorious war and is regarded as the people’s Hero. I’ll watch Ep. 2 tonight and see if more will be revealed.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, omiki said:

I’ve only seen Ep. 1 but from what I can gather, she’s the Daughter of some Astrologer or Diviner. After her Father passed away, the Emperor adopted her, so yes, the Prince is not her real Brother. And he does seem overly concerned about her from the wedding scene in Ep. 1. The Emperor doesn’t seem the fatherly sort, as can be seen from the assassination scene - he was not concerned about her injuries, but just wanted to know who the assassin was. He thought it was an assassination attempt on him instead. And he is suspicious of our General who has just returned from a victorious war and is regarded as the people’s Hero. I’ll watch Ep. 2 tonight and see if more will be revealed.

I really enjoy this drama so far.  I watched to episode 8 raw already but not knowing anything.  I just watched for their interaction, he slowly falls for her.

• Like 1

I can't wait till subtitles are out so I can actually understand what is going on. It's sometimes sad having to rely on subtitles because you don't speak or understand the language. If anyone finds subtitles, please let me know. Back in the days, there were at least dramacaps to help me understand before eps were all subbed and up to date.. now... it's a different story. 

• Like 1

I really enjoy this drama so far - I started this because of Zheng Yi Cheng but the main female lead is so adorable and cute! I love watching their interaction in every one of their scenes together - 

Highlights for me so far: (Contains spoilers ^_^

-In the beginning, it was so much fun to watch them interact and their misunderstanding - It is like watching two people on two different channel communicating - He is trying to bait and force her to reveal the truth while she is trying to protect her life and run lol  

-Just like the way Xue Yao is characterized, it took me awhile to warm up to his character while watching the drama - He gave off this cold, dominating and arrogant feeling around him and it is completely understandable how Chu Yue is afraid of him but underneath that hard exterior is a lonely soul who lost trust in people, who is patient and caring toward plants/flowers, and who without a thought would act to save others.

After watching 8 episodes, I think I am really falling for this character - Here's my observations - 

- His parent died when he was young and he looked up to his brother who died a mysterious death at the palace - He need to find out the truth.

- He went to war because it was his father and brother's goal when they were alive. He had won the war and fulfilled their wishes.

- He saved Xue Yao countless time without thinking because it is his first instinct to help others. At the palace, he went to save her (a stranger) without thinking about exposing himself. At the lake, he gave her his last breathe and he pushed the craft boat away when the pursuer was coming upon them.  

- He is a softie - he can't see women cry, he threats but never act on his threat, and he is easily pursued to help her when she was afraid 

- He is patient - caring for his garden and waiting one year for his flowers to bloom

- The final point that made me really fallen was when he changed his clothes (to humble style of dressing instead of the royalty style of clothing because he is worried that it will intrigue bad memory to Chu Yue - At that moment, I know he is the ideal man! A man who can think in place of a woman is gold! When Chu Yue said to her maid that her ideal type is a 重情重義 hero who will save her - My mind was shouting "Look no more, he is your husband already!!!" lol

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, JoyceDreamer said:

I can't wait till subtitles are out so I can actually understand what is going on. It's sometimes sad having to rely on subtitles because you don't speak or understand the language. If anyone finds subtitles, please let me know. Back in the days, there were at least dramacaps to help me understand before eps were all subbed and up to date.. now... it's a different story. 

I wish someday someone would create an app that does automatically translation so we don't have to wait patiently.  

• Like 3