Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Well they had to come up with their own backstory for their characters' romance lol. That's not a very good sign of a well thought out plot element lol. I'm just worried that, like you said, KJW might emphasize too much on the action that the romance and the emotional tug is underdeveloped and lacking. 

But we shall see. I'm hoping for the best... but still not going to have too high expectations haha. I have faith in Hyo Joo's choosing of this film. Except for Golden Slumber because that was a glorified cameo at best lol. I am curious as to why she even chose to do it. I know she liked the message of the film, but still... glorified cameo lol.

I'm happy she seemed more relaxed this time. Good for JWS for making everyone laugh and KDW for teasing her lol. Anyway, hopefully we will see more of these TV spot interviews for Inrang. They usually shoot them for all the major 3 Korean channels (SBS, MBC, KBS) no? 

• Like 2

Guest kaz11

When everyone's thinkin Hyo goes ninja again she be out clubbin haha. You go girl and enjoy your life.

11 hours ago, wildaffairs said:

For the Tuna-whale shippers ^_^

Please what is this? I hate it when I am late to the party:(

Thanks for the updates! My tuna-whale heart is still alive, lol. Yes, she showed up as her more serious, ladylike self and I think it has something to do with her character in the film, too.

I have no doubt that JWS and Dongwon are great people, Woosung has always been a gentleman to her and she likes him and DW, though can be awkward is also shy. So with regards to the awkwardness DURING press con your guess is as good as mine. I am mystified, especially since Hyo is not shy when it comes to events like these.

I will reiterate, I love both JWS and tuna but I am in it for the ladies. I am annoyed that Han Yeri, who is a legit film actress is not being included or promoted well. 

Kim MY is a cutie, full clip ~

SJS and HJ were not awkward, I thought they got along very well, they laughed a lot and I liked how he took care of her. I followed Always promotion which was the longest that she ever did (she even got ill in the end).

This cast interview seems to have been filmed directly after the presscon. (HJ changed clothes and came out in this outfit afterwards, and the others are still dressed the same.) So, same day, different venue. HJ seemed really tired and subdued in the presscon, but a lot more relaxed and closer to her "normal" self (at least when I compare to past movie promo). To me it looks like the difference between settings--I've noticed before that she seems VERY nervous in front of a large group of people, especially if that includes members of the press who maybe have spontaneous questions, or can report things that aren't quite what she intended. In this cast interview, it's just them, the interviewer, and the camera people. Maybe they even know a bit what kinds of things they might be asked. It's a more relaxed setting, one she does well in. 

They sure did focus almost all of the attention on the guys, though, didn't they? Well, the central point of the plot is not the love story; I mean, yes, it's important because it forces the Fuze character (Im Jung Kyung?) to question what he's doing. But the movie as a whole is not about that. Still, I agree--her name is higher in the billing, yet they kind of talked around her. It would be nice to see an event where the other actress was invited as well. 

Guest kaz11
15 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

To me it looks like the difference between settings--I've noticed before that she seems VERY nervous in front of a large group of people, especially if that includes members of the press who maybe have spontaneous questions, or can report things that aren't quite what she intended. In this cast interview, it's just them, the interviewer, and the camera people. Maybe they even know a bit what kinds of things they might be asked. It's a more relaxed setting, one she does well in. 

If you watch her previous films' press conference she was fine, bubbly and appeared to be having fun. That's why everyone, including the media, would refer to her as an easygoing actress. I don't know if it's just the moment or if she has changed, she did not seem to be having fun which makes me a bit sad. And netizens can be just ruthless. Perhaps this is also a reason.

32 minutes ago, kaz11 said:

If you watch her previous films' press conference she was fine, bubbly and appeared to be having fun. That's why everyone, including the media, would refer to her as an easygoing actress. I don't know if it's just the moment or if she has changed, she did not seem to be having fun which makes me a bit sad. And netizens can be just ruthless. Perhaps this is also a reason.

Yeah, I even went back and looked at her past presscons to compare, in case I was imagining things. That's one of her attractions--her happy smile and easygoing spirit in these things. Even when it was for a serious film, she would still show up to the presscon with a spark, which is why both her GS stage greetings and her presscon the other day seemed so different to me. It made me a bit concerned about her.

At the same time, just before the GS stage greetings where she seemed so tense, her staff posted pictures of her laughing and playing with them. And here we have a cast interview that seems to immediately follow the presscon, and she's more relaxed in it. So perhaps you are right about the ruthless netizens. Maybe there is something in that particular situation that makes her uncomfortable or nervous. 

I only saw some clips of the always promo and the ones i saw were pretty awkward lol. But since you followed it all the way. You probably have more accurate things to say about them haha. Hyr’s role might be like hhj in golden slumber in terms of appearance and maybe that’s why she’s not promoting ? Like hyo did too in gs. I want her to promote.

kmy is my newest discovery thanks to inrang. I like him and  I think am gonna be keeping an eye on him from now on.

I also see hyo letting the men take the lead in the fun and livelier conversation. Usually her oppa self might make a funny remark or so. Considering how big this project is....i feel like she’s trying not to draw any attention towards herself since  knetz are always ready to find faults and the last thing she wants is causing a controversy that could possibly affect the movie. But i strongly believe that in time we will see her more lively. 

Guest kaz11
1 hour ago, adamag said:

I only saw some clips of the always promo and the ones i saw were pretty awkward lol. But since you followed it all the way. You probably have more accurate things to say about them haha. 

Other than appearances of them wherein you see them bantering/being playful there are fan-taken videos of them, too. SJS would sometimes be walking ahead of her and he would be looking behind him as if to check on her. I almost shipped them, lol. Like I said, she is lucky to have worked with good people, not “handsome men”. 

Sigh. I hope you are right. I miss seeing her spreading good vibes. I miss seeing her more confident self. Heard about the melodrama series, too, and although I wish that they offer her that, maybe it’s better to pick a feel-good project next. 

Just finished watching the interview, and she did seem livelier and cheerful. Glad to see that bright smile of hers. 

I don't think she was being cautious during the press conference because of knetz (or at least that's what I would like to believe). No matter what she does they attack her for every little thing. Just read some translated comments from an article and knetz were attacking her because of her appearance. In a separate article, they also attacked KDW's looks, saying that he was aging badly. Not to mention, they still dislike the guy because of his controversial family history. Unfortunately, JWS has become another punching bag after he showed support for refugees. Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is, I hope she isn't worrying too much about what haters might say about her. In this situation, she can't win. They'll just hate on her regardless of what she says, does, wears, etc.

Do you think she seemed quiet during public promos because she is not confident with her performance? She is always saying that the role is hard and that she doesn’t know if she is able to pull it off. Is she worried for the feedbacks? 

She is acting demure during her presscon and even in the interview, she lets the boys lead this time. 

Lol at Jung Woo Sung howling, such a mood maker. KDW laughed I think when Hyo is having a hard time explaining why his character was attracted to her, so he finished it by saying, use your beauty lol.

I thought their characters were drawn to each other because they resemble the same loneliness, as what I have read. But anyway, KDW, you don’t need to have a reason to like/love each other.lol And now I’m also worried that Kim Jee Won didn’t develop the romance arc much, yea its not the center of the story but I believe it is the heart of it, like if you don’t care about their romance, once IJK killed LYH at the end, then there will be no impact. In the Japanese anime, Kei is actually in some of the posters with Fuse, but here, we don’t know.

I also saw some subtle gentleman acts from So Ji Sub, they were not as playful but Hyo joo can go grab his hand when people from Busan (?) said they were not close. Jung Woo Sung also was gentleman to her in some Cold Eyes promo. 

• Like 3

I don't think she is worried or what. She looks burned-out from the 7 months long filming of Inrang and also playing a complex character for the first time (she did cry alot from the bts and not sure if it is her character or she is going through some hardship or both).

I like that JWS and KDW lighten up the mood during the interview and see Hyojoo smile and laugh at the "beauty joke" (although it seem to me that KDW actually meant it :lol:

• Like 3

Guest kaz11
45 minutes ago, wildaffairs said:

I don't think she is worried or what. She looks burned-out from the 7 months long filming of Inrang and also playing a complex character for the first time (she did cry alot from the bts and not sure if it is her character or she is going through some hardship or both).

I like that JWS and KDW lighten up the mood during the interview and see Hyojoo smile and laugh at the "beauty joke" (although it seem to me that KDW actually meant it :lol:

I think she is burned-out, too, and it's true that she looked tired, she lacked the glow. But her body language showed she was protecting herself, at least to me, the way she would cross one arm across her body during photo time. 

I would like to think that tuna is attracted hence the shyness haha.

1 hour ago, jughead2000 said:

But anyway, KDW, you don’t need to have a reason to like/love each other.

THIS.

1 hour ago, jughead2000 said:

And now I’m also worried that Kim Jee Won didn’t develop the romance arc much, yea its not the center of the story but I believe it is the heart of it, like if you don’t care about their romance, once IJK killed LYH at the end, then there will be no impact. In the Japanese anime, Kei is actually in some of the posters with Fuse, but here, we don’t know.

The romance is going to keep the story emotionally grounded, so hoping that it's gonna be convincing and good. Maybe the director trusted them to pull it off without his guidance?

I remember on Running Man HJ fell and JWS helped her (?) and asked, "Hyojooya, are you ok?". He's a gentleman. Also, I cannot believe netizens, he does a good thing with his advocacy and they richard simmons on him. Why, you self-righteous people hiding behind your anonymity? Better than celebrities who are only in the news for bad behavior.

Does anyone know when the actors themselves watch the film? I know they watch it before its released but do you think they have watched it by now? Anyway i hope u guys are right and am not because i really dont want her worrying about negative comments. 

Jws was funny lol. Yup i think kdw meant the beauty joke too. He even did the hair wave thing that hyo does lol. I guess he doesnt have a problem saying it in a casaul way compared to when the fans were bluntly asking him about it. Lol

@kaz11 probably, or maybe KDW just making it up to throw a joke lol. “Let’s like each other because of our face/we are man/woman who likes good looking people” lol. I also think KDW thinks she is beautiful, who wouldn’t. 

Yeah, Woo Sung and Hyo joo gets along, and he is a gentleman. I think this time, he is giving the floor to KDW as he should be the one leading them all (e.g. presscon photoshoot).

Hyo was glowing during GS CGV live talk, one thing she didn’t have last week. She might be tired or who knows, she and JSY went clubbing the night before lmaooo 

I hope they include Han Ye Ri during the vlive talk, otherwise Hyo will be quiet again. 

Guest kaz11

@jughead2000 I know he was joking and I love him for it, our girl was too quiet. I love JWS, such a gentleman and gracious, yeah, it seemed like he was allowing KDW to lead them.

We don't even know if Inrang finished post-production already. Maybe they'll get to watch the finished product during press screening.

Guest kaz11

I guess Hyojoo really cares about this film, or her work in it. Fighting, girl. I can't wait for the critics' verdict. Does anyone know when is the press screening?

I would love to see more of their interaction. I think she got close to SJS considerably during Always period because I noticed they spoke in banmal. JWS addressed her as Hyojooya instead of Hyojoossi. I wonder how she and tuna communicate, lol. 

i assume this is the 1st time to see KDW standing beside Hyo Joo..?

Credits to the IG of the interviewer..

anyway just in in case you guys need eng subs for the interview yesterday, here’s the video.

• Like 2