Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

Guest kaz11

It has to be the pressure weighing her down. This project is huge and helmed by an internationally acclaimed director. I think it’s a good thing to be not too confident and have a reasonable amount of self-doubt, I don’t like people who are too confident at all. But don’t be too hard on yourself, Hyojoo. The most important thing is she took on this challenge:) And I agree that she’s going to be just fine, melo is indeed her strength, just watch her shine here. It just warms my heart to see Dongwon giving her support. Thanks, oppa , lol. Seriously, she has been lucky that she’s been able to work with good people. Well, you receive what you give, right?

@jughead2000 I heard about Seojoon’s drama but now that you said you like it I’m going to check it out. Actually I shipped her with SJ, too. Playfully. Lol

@adeleyam thanks for the gif, at first I thought it was tuna, I’m using my phone but that’s HJ. Yay. 

@adeleyam yes its her! They already released the trailer officially on naver today( monday) and its nice  that even tho the trailer was already released on friday on facebook. The one on naver already has over 200,000 views. I looked at the comments and 58% of the commenters are men lol. This means its not just girls hyping their oppas. And now the female fans dont have to worry about convincing their bf to follow them watch the movie since its a movie that men are interested in anyways.

Guest kaz11

Hotshots in film industry team up in sci-fi-themed ‘The Wolf Brigade’

By Yoon Min-sik

• Updated : Jun 18, 2018 - 17:46

Famed anime on special operations force remade into film dealing with Korean unification

It is not every day that you see Gang Dong-won, Jung Woo-sung, Han Hyo-joo and SHINee’s Choi Min-ho on the big screen together, but the rare gathering takes place in the upcoming film “The Wolf Brigade.” 

“Someone told me (the film’s) genre was ‘looks.’ I didn’t realize that until I saw them all together on the same screen, which was an honor as a director,” director Kim Jee-woon joked, during a press conference to promote his new film. “Fans would want such a moment, to have these actors’ unique characters shine in various personalities and drama. They each had their moment, which was extensively satisfying.”

It would take all of these big names to tell a story so bold, indeed. 

Set in 2029, the film takes place as the two Koreas embark on a five-year plan for unification. But a conflict occurs between the top government agencies, with Gang’s character Im Joon-kyung -- or “Inrang” -- and Jung’s Jang Jin-tae in the middle of it all.

“Director (Kim) called me and I said I’m ready to take on whatever role he wants,” said Jung, starring in his first Kim Jee-woon movie since “The Good, The Bad, The Weird. “I liked the idea of a special operations team preparing for unification.”

K-pop star Choi, who expressed his excitement about starring alongside big names in the film industry, will play Jang’s right-hand man.

Director Kim noted that the film will delve into a man under mental duress.

Han plays the sister of a “red-caped girl” who blows herself up in front of Gang. This is expected to be a key incident in Gang’s life, considering that the five-year unification setting, according to Kim, is intended as a healing period for a traumatic incident.

While the flick is a sci-fi/action film, a romantic encounter between the characters is expected, Kim said, adding that elements of melodrama and science fiction will be infused into the movie.

The film is a remake of the 1999 Japanese animation “Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade” by Mamoru Oshii, which has a cult following. 

“(Remaking the film) was reckless. It is a legendary animation in Japan and has fans around the world. I think fans have been both excited and nervous about it being made into a live-action film, as was I.”

Whether the veteran director’s efforts have paid off will be seen when the film opens in local theaters on July 25.

By Yoon Min-sik

I know that it's her role to basically romance him, but, man, I hope the romance will be good. At least we saw a glimpse of her doing action.

Han Hyo Joo Talks About Her Character And Working With SHINee’s Minho In Upcoming Film

https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/18/han-hyo-joo-talks-character-working-shinees-minho-upcoming-film/

I don't know how to post with photos etc.

Also, you can check out the BTS and the making in this link, they did such a big work, even Minho almost hit his head to the floor. 

https://tv.naver.com/v/3428656

Character Description: @ 11:10 mark

The Making: @23:35

Heh, its a good experience and actually an opportunity for Hyo joo to partake in this film. I feel bad that she had a hard time and I can still see the pressure she is feeling on her public appearances but I agree with @adamag, as an actress she just cannot take easy roles. I just hope she does well here and won't get backlash from the viewers. 

And as she is looking for a change and was in a slump last year, then I think she got the challenge that she was asking for lol.

@adamag @kaz11 Out of topic, in my opinion, PSJ isn’t handsomly handsome but he is very charming.Man, watch his new drama, I am laughing my aff off.lol He plays a narcissist very well, script and comedic timing is good.I recommend it you want to just relax and laugh before sleeping lol. He and Hyo were cute in the bts too, Hyo was teasing him, for me, she treats PSJ at LJS the same. I was laughing during MAMA when they hosted and PSJ said, “funny” lmao.I hope they get a chance to work again, if not, Hyo can take a drama once the actors on her same age finished military.

Yup..PSJ isnt handsome handsome....he knows it too! But he is very charming. Am watching why secetary kim too....i like his role here but i personally thinks he is better at playing goofy funny characters who are not necessarily narcissist than narcissist ones lol. But overall...his acting strength is in rom coms. I laughed at the MAMA awards time lol. She said “ are u guys having fun?” And he said “funny” lol. But i loved seeing them together in the same place lol. They match and are in the same age group. If ever they have a drama or film...i have zero doubt that they will have chemistry. I love this clip

@kaz11 yeah....i feel like they are not releasing any much info about hyo’s character except the romance part because the rest are plot twists lol. The girl going around with the red and green coat is very different from who we saw shooting that gun. But yeah...the romance should better be great. I’ve never seen this director do romance before but given his style.....i think its gonna be high melo.

• Like 2

Guest kaz11

Thank you for the stills! So handsome. Serious question, who is his stylist?... haha. I am starting to feel his character more now, because like I said the girls caught my attention first. Initially I felt that HYR was the most formidable. But you are right, HJ’s character is an enigma, so that’s probably just the surface and we shall get more when we watch the film. 

Seojoon is handsome, at least to me, he is my type (dimple!). And he’s cute, a charmer and he can act. And I love his eye smile it’s very obvious how much I like him lmao, so really want them to work together again, too. 

Haha speaking of Hyo Joo's past co-stars, yeah I agree PSJ isn't that handsome but he's a very charming guy. I watched Youn's kitchen and wow can the boy cook. His Spanish in the show was also really good and as a Spanish speaker I was impressed :). Hopefully, she'll get to act with other actors around her age like JCW (who I hope she acts with next year). 

23 minutes ago, solaire said:

Haha speaking of Hyo Joo's past co-stars, yeah I agree PSJ isn't that handsome but he's a very charming guy. I watched Youn's kitchen and wow can the boy cook. His Spanish in the show was also really good and as a Spanish speaker I was impressed :). Hopefully, she'll get to act with other actors around her age like JCW (who I hope she acts with next year). 

Hear hear! My dream pairing with her is JCW, the guy can act too and is “sexy” lol. I wont mind Lee Min Ho as they seem to have a lot of dream shippers too. I read from soompi comment, they were wondering why Hyojoo didnt have any dating scandal and his co stars like LSG and Yoon Seok “didn’t show” interest on her, well who knows really.Plus she acted with a lot of ahjussis before

I love all the Bts.. pretty sure this movie will be a big hit. Have trust in Director Kim.   

Another one month to go ~~

Kdw is so charismatic in this bts and the movie really feels different from Jin-roh since this is more futuristic. The car shooting scene seems really dangerous and it is definitely going to be one action-packed unlike Jin-roh with plenty of dialogue. Actually I like the scene where the wolves were chasing after Hyojoo's character and all were eating her alive and the scene changed to her being gun down while Kdw's character watches in disbelief. I hope Director Kim would add this scene in the movie 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jughead2000 said:

Hear hear! My dream pairing with her is JCW, the guy can act too and is “sexy” lol. I wont mind Lee Min Ho as they seem to have a lot of dream shippers too. I read from soompi comment, they were wondering why Hyojoo didnt have any dating scandal and his co stars like LSG and Yoon Seok “didn’t show” interest on her, well who knows really.Plus she acted with a lot of ahjussis before

Haha, yes! JCW and her would make a gorgeous on-screen couple. First time I watched him was in 'Suspicious Partner' and I fell in love with his acting. He and NJH had amazing chemistry too (made me ship them even lol). As for Lee Min Ho,  I don't really get the hype? He seems like an okay actor with below average looks? Lol just my opinion. 

And yeah, she hasn't had any dating "scandals" which is quite surprising. She's been in the industry for so long, yet nada while some actors and actresses have had 2 or 3 dating "scandals." hopefully we'll hear that she's dating in the near future. 

@solaire Not just dating news. I hope she will only announce when she is about to engage.

Actually I would prefer her to stay low profile although she has great chemistry with any actor. I am really happy she is in this movie (that it got me delurking), it just feels amazing to see her work with great actors (like JWS) again. 

• Like 3

I read that comment too and am offended by the statement “did not display any interest in her.” Lol. Some people really think the popular thing is to date ur costars meanwhile it isnt. Just because it has happened to some people recently does not mean that that’s what should neccesarily happen. The person makes it sound like hyojoo isnt attractive which is highly false lol. She and  Yeon seok obviously liked each other in a friendly playful way which i loved. Seunggi is her very good friend and honestly am so happy she has someone like that to lean on.

• Like 1

Lee Yoon Hee Stills. Google translate isn’t precise, I will wait for someone to translate it later :) I read like LYH is a three dimensional character?

http://m.entertain.naver.com/movie/now/read?oid=112&aid=0003041795

Seems like director Kim Jee Won also said something about Hyo’s performance. I am curious about her character now.

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002798993

Little character description, she lives in a little bookstore alone, her father died due to failed business, not sure if correct lmao

Director Kim Jee Won said something about Hyojoo had good performances in the past but this film might show more side of her (?) Ah Go Hyojoo, seeing her work hard in the bts, I hope she gets recognized or at least do well here.

• Like 3

New stills!

36930_98033_3718.jpg

Director said she is a very stable actor, great at expressing detailed expressions and also a fast learner. He belives that although she has shown great performances in her other roles, this role will show the real image and value of han hyo joo. 

Ah go get that praise girl. Looks like the director thinks she did well. They are describing her as a three-dimensional character who lives in a bookstore owned by her late father which suffered from economic crisis as a result of unification. She meets kdw wen he comes to return her sister’s belonging to her after she bombs herself.

okay am beginning to dig this character.

• Like 3

Guest kaz11

Tuna-whale, lmao. I am JWS. His face :tongue:

9952893F5B2A79D719E565

I was debating whether I should share this or not but, here. I give up, lol. Hyojoo's part is all about her being lucky that she got to work with handsome actors. Starts at 2:08.

I took one look at the trailer and knew that Hyojoo is going to do well. Thank you to the director, for his words on her merits as an actress. This makes me even more excited, I don’t think he’s going to praise her just to say something nice about her. 

I am watching secretary Kim and I like it! I love the comedy. 

Still waiting for that photo shoot... I hope that’s going to be the next update. 

i dont even get angry at how korea is so male focused anymore. I have given up on them. After all the more important things she said...this is the best they could come up with. Anyway new stills. Looks like we are getting character stills every day. I see long hair and red coat in background of the second pic. Am guessing thats hyo.

0002799388_001_20180621082221636.jpg?typ

0002799388_002_20180621082221699.jpg?typ

0002799388_003_20180621082221721.jpg?typ

Jws got himself into some trouble with  knetz yesterday for speaking about helping refugees in jeju island. I dont know much about it so honestly i dont have a say.

• Like 1