Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

• 3 weeks later...

The Pirates: Goblin Flag
Has anyone seen this latest HHJ movie?
It was only recently released to Korean theaters, so as far as its international release or its availability in other sources, its still a long way to go. Its doing well at the box office, being the highest-grossing Korean film of this year. Of course, there's still some distance to reach its break even point, but by the standards of covid period, its doing well.
My question is has anyone in Korea, who is also a member of soompi and HHJ page, seen the movie? If so, I'd like to know every details of it and HHJ's role in it in particular, beyond the basic description of it and what has been shared online. I don't care about the spoilers.

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Hyo Joo's Allure interview (March 2022) is summarized on their website here: https://www.allurekorea.com/2022/02/14얼루어-x-ssg-mz-taste-뷰티-기획전 and in English on Soompi here: 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1513612wpp/han-hyo-joo-shareHys-her-love-for-movies-acting-as-different-ages-her-recent-pirates-film-and-more

Full article is in the print magazine, but you can see pictures at either of the above URLs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2022 at 10:37 AM, Scientia Ac Labore said:

The Pirates: Goblin Flag
Has anyone seen this latest HHJ movie?
It was only recently released to Korean theaters, so as far as its international release or its availability in other sources, its still a long way to go. Its doing well at the box office, being the highest-grossing Korean film of this year. Of course, there's still some distance to reach its break even point, but by the standards of covid period, its doing well.
My question is has anyone in Korea, who is also a member of soompi and HHJ page, seen the movie? If so, I'd like to know every details of it and HHJ's role in it in particular, beyond the basic description of it and what has been shared online. I don't care about the spoilers.

You can now watch this worldwide on Netflix, and see every detail for yourself. :)

1 hour ago, frozentundra said:

You can now watch this worldwide on Netflix, and see every detail for yourself. :)

Yes, I already watched it and absolutely enjoyed it! HHJ is awesome as always. Haerang is a badass pirate captain, who kicks a**, is fearless and at the same time has this sweet feminine side to her. It reminds me of Yoon Sae Bom, HHJ's character in her recent drama Happiness, which I also enjoyed a lot.

Edited by Scientia Ac Labore
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Scientia Ac Labore said:

Do members have information about when HHJ's recent project, Moving, is scheduled for release or what is the approximate period, like summer, fall or winter of this year?

Its clear that the filming has already finished and it is in post-production phase.

I don't think there is a specific date listed yet, just sometime in fall 2022.

Recently, HHJ made an appearance on Unexpected Business season 2 show. 

As usual, HHJ is easy going, down to earth and with an awesome sense of humor. Its too bad that HHJ was preoccupied for large part of the show, since the guests on this show are employed as part-time workers. HHJ's personality really stands out when she's participating in some sort of a game or competition.

What are members impression about HHJ appearance on this show and the show itself?

I didn't like how that senior actress was constantly touching, hugging and kissing HHJ though :D but its all good.

spacer.png

• Like 1

The show was kind of a Day in the Life sort of show, a whole different vibe than some kind of program with competition. I always like seeing HJ on reality shows because aside from being a really gifted actress, I just like her own natural personality. Just an easygoing person who can be shy in large situations but warm and personable in small groups like this. I (and I think a lot of people) can relate to someone like that.

Kim Hye Soo is Hyo Joo's unnie, HJ follows her online and they have known each other a good while. HJ looks up to her and is a fan. As one of the seniors, I felt like KHS was watching out for all of the younger workers. (But especially HJ since they are friends already.)

I hadn't realized at first that all of the guests on that episode were there because of their projects with Zo In Sung. He and KHS filmed a movie together (that hasn't been released yet), and he also shared a project with the other actress. When I watched (before I knew this), I couldn't help thinking that ZIS and KHS had good chemistry and should do a project together. (And then I found out they had.) Now I want to see all three projects. 

HJ should come out soon as a guest on Lee Seung Gi's Human Table show (food and music) as well. That will be fun. Again, not really a competition kind of show, but she and LSG are the kind of platonic friends that last forever, and I am quite sure we can look forward to some good music out of it. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2022 at 5:55 PM, frozentundra said:

HJ should come out soon as a guest on Lee Seung Gi's Human Table show (food and music) as well. That will be fun.

That will sure be fun. It will also make me hungry as hell, especially since HHJ is a good eater :grin:. I remember Hometown Flex episodes and the food served looked very tasty. It would be awesome if HHJ and LSG would be singing Nae nunmul dakka jul saram... during the show- I love that song!

It seems that this show is not promoted much. Is there an info about the time when HHJ episode(s) will be aired? On her IG page HHJ shared pictures from the show on 2 May, literally a month ago.

As I've noticed, depending on the show, the actual airtime can take place from 2 weeks to several months later when the episode was shot. This was exactly the case with Unexpected Business- I think HHJ was shooting her episode sometime in January, yet it aired only in May.

• Like 1

I don't think it's a very big show, just a fun thing LSG does. I haven't seen any indication of when HJ's episode might come out. It might just be a pleasant surprise one day. (But I would expect her to post something about it when it does air.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Han Hyo Joo's new movie role

Based on HHJ's IG story and several news sources, HHJ has confirmed that she will be starring in a movie "Dok-jeon 2". The movie is a sequel to 2018 "Dok-jeon" or "Believer" as it is known in English. It is said that Han Hyo Joo's character is to be a unique one.

https://news.jtbc.joins.com/html/734/NB12062734.html

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2022 at 6:01 AM, Scientia Ac Labore said:

Is there place where I can watch a full video of HHJ's fan meeting that took place on 17 June 2017?

Not to my knowledge. There were a few small clips that surfaced and circulated on social media at the time, but nowhere did I ever see a full video of the event.

On 6/27/2022 at 4:08 PM, frozentundra said:

Not to my knowledge. There were a few small clips that surfaced and circulated on social media at the time, but nowhere did I ever see a full video of the event.

Too bad. From numerous short videos that I have watched, this fan meeting was very interactive.

7 minutes ago, Scientia Ac Labore said:

Too bad. From numerous short videos that I have watched, this fan meeting was very interactive.

BH released some photos and there are some sound clips floating around of some songs that HJ sang, a video clip of a TWICE song she danced to, a sound clip of the video Lee Jong Suk sent (but not the video), a picture of a letter she read, etc., but unfortunately no single video of the whole event. I think the group was quite small and of course there would be some restrictions on recording. Prior to the event it sounded like BH would be recording and releasing more, but in the end, I think all we saw from them was pictures. I was amazed at how affordable tickets were, and really wished I lived in Seoul and could have gone. I hope those who did get to go realized how lucky they were.