Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

I think part of what makes a person love a character or not is what they bring to it from themselves; their experiences, their expectations, and their point of view. Because two people can watch the same character and come away with directly opposite opinions of him/her. I loved Oh Yeon Joo because she was, as @ohnoitscindy said about the Cold Eyes character, "compassionate and moralistic" (she bucked the Confusianistic #1 loyalty to father to save Kang Chul's life over and over because it was the higher thing to do, even before she was in love with him), smart (she consciously looked for patterns in the magic system, plus she not only knew how to perform surgery, but could draw AND was smart enough to send in medical supplies and detailed directions for removing bullets--how many people would think of that??). And I liked how she was awkward, but in a relatable way, not a way-out-there way. That's what stuck out most to me, but someone who didn't like her character at all likely thought other aspects were a lot more prominent, and was bothered by them. (I did think there was unused potential in the last couple episodes, like I said. I am still mentally trying to rewrite them to let her shine more.)

That said, I think I need to re-watch Cold Eyes. Obviously what stuck out to me was something other than what the two of you said. I like your insights!

• Like 4

The Beauty Inside had its share of plot holes for sure. I cannot imagine how Woo Jin was able to go to Prague lol, but I feel that how it was executed overall more than made up for the film's weak points. For a fantastical premise, the characters are so credible; you would root for them. This is one of my major complaints in W. The movie also had this indie vibe to it almost feels like a documentary. I just love it. 

Ha Yoon Joo is one of my favorite heroines in film. I actually wish they would produce a sequel. 

Hahaha yes, lots of plot holes in The Beauty Inside lol. But I get that it would've been unnecessary scenes to add to a pretty long film already. Maybe they address those issues in the cast commentary, if they recorded one lol. 

I completely agree with your character assessment of OYJ @frozentundra. I had high hopes for her character in the beginning episodes, which dwindled as the drama progressed, but the episodes where she's dragged back into the comic world while KC could not recognize her were sooooo good. People completely devalued her acting chops in that episode (or was it two episodes, I can't recall). Those scenes were so poignant and were really necessary for the characterization of OYJ, but it still left me wanting more.

I recognized that she was quick thinking, smart, hardworking, quite submissive in her relationships with her mother and boss, had serious self-esteem issues, etc. but I wanted the drama to delve into those aspects more. I wanted to see her relationships with her father, her mother, her friends, etc. to really embolden OYJ and to make her grow as a person with confidence in her skills and in herself. I wanted her and Sohee, the only other prominent female character, to have an understanding of one another and I so wanted them to work together in helping Sohee's existential crisis.

The writing often times treated her as nothing more than a lovestruck woman, and the romance became the least exciting part of the drama for a lot of people. And those viewers attached that with her character, so I think that's where a lot of the offhand disregard of her portrayal comes from IMO.

But, then again, I didn't even finish the drama so maybe my commentaries aren't even relevant haha XD 

• Like 5

Part 1

Part 2

~Just sharing subbed version when she won Top Excellence award. :)

BTW guys, even its already 4th Jan 2017.hahha HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! hope this year HHJ gonna get more active.hehe.so,i can see her more.:wub:

15624926_1704794416500267_4133576753027215538782_191380011329538_361094454237672

cr: hyozzang_panda

~> wishing all HYOLICs here to have the wonderful and great year ahead!!!:w00t:

so,yesterday PMH uploaded some/unseen pictures of HHJ for FOLLI FOLLIE.

Spoiler

MORE :

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

Hmmmm.wonder why there is no updates (INSTAGRAM) from BH ENT. (https://www.instagram.com/bhent_official/) :sweatingbullets:

• Like 7

7 hours ago, frozentundra said:

I loved watching Kim Ui Sung's face during the MBC awards ceremony. He was like a real dad, bursting with pride and snapping selfies with his "daughter."

yes my idea is like you ! he is exactly like hyo joo's dad !!!he is a good man!  i want he and hyo joo play more movies with together !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

however , there are some new attractive and lovely video from our angel in tonight ! these are for last 4 houre ago !!! i guess she was in her friend's home ! i'm happy that she is with her friends !!! :) these videos are so lovely but i can't share links !!! soompi give me ERROR for share !!! any body know this is for what ??? 

Hahaha I wonder what she was doing before those videos? Rehearsal for something? Why are they all lying on the floor like that XD

Anyway, her new CF for Basic House... And according to the user, she'll be heading to Paris soon? Her manager is already there... I wonder what for?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, adeleyam said:

It does seems that Hyo Joo will be heading to Paris tomorrow according to this article..

http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/entv/201701/sp20170107200640136660.htm

And it's filming for Lipault :D

Await for her new pictures! 

Wowww really ?!? Can't wait for her airport style tomorrow..  Thank you for sharing the news..

I hope it's nice weather in Paris right now! I remember how excited I was for her photoshoot in Paris for Harper's Bazaar many years ago... It was an outdoor shoot but it was raining so it looked all gloomy lol.

This lovely person on Twitter is translating quotes about HJ lol. I thought it would be nice to share :) 

• Like 11

20 hours ago, adeleyam said:

It does seems that Hyo Joo will be heading to Paris tomorrow according to this article..

Ohhh thanks for this news !!! I thought, her manager went to paris just for his holiday!!!!! Can't wait for tomorrow and her pics in airport! I think, she want have a strong start in this year ! :wub:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, adeleyam said:

According to this news , she will go in Sunday afternoon ! Right??? So , we can see her pics in airport in afternoon??