[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Romance of Tiger and Rose 传闻中的陈芊芊

pad-hari

Spotted Han Shuo in Zhou Shen's weibo update :P

We'll get to see Yuxi on a variety show !! :D

The show is called 青春环游记 S2 "Youth Periplous" airing on Zhejiang TV Youtube Channel

102400887-259663375375849-89962707502560

Cr: Weibo @卡布叻_周深

Fancams of the variety show 

https://weibo.com/2971377557/J5qDQ9VO1

https://weibo.com/1224759542/J5qqvinUS

P.S : The episode with Yuxi was filmed yesterday so we'll probably get to see it next week or after :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Was wondering if anyone kept track of how many times Chuchu tried to kill QQ?

1 - Left her at the camp and let her be killed by Meng Guo.

2 - During the hunt, shot an arrow while QQ picked up the dead rabbit.

3 - During the fight with HS, right before the Queen ordered the army to detain them.

4 - When QQ was a "corpse" on the way to Tiger City.

5 - When HS pushed QQ and took the stab instead.

Did I miss any other scenes? Felt like there was more :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, chsaf said:

Was wondering if anyone kept track of how many times Chuchu tried to kill QQ?

1 - Left her at the camp and let her be killed by Meng Guo.

2 - During the hunt, shot an arrow while QQ picked up the dead rabbit.

3 - During the fight with HS, right before the Queen ordered the army to detain them.

4 - When QQ was a "corpse" on the way to Tiger City.

5 - When HS pushed QQ and took the stab instead.

Did I miss any other scenes? Felt like there was more :sweatingbullets:

When QQ was lying in the coffin, wanted to poison her with mercury, suffocate her in a sturdy coffee and burn her. 

Vs above 4 - when QQ was on the way to fake burial, CC’s men tried to bomb her and then cherry wanted to kill her 

———

Actually it really bugs me that

Spoiler

CC became so evil... would really prefer that she made up with QQ, like after QQ faked her death CC could have realized that QQ never wanted to fight for the throne and made up instead of continuing to be evil. But ok, I know is needed for the plot (sky opening up to correct person etc). 

The other part that bugs me is 

Spoiler

How readily HS accepted that QQ is from another world instead of thinking that she’s crazy after she tells him the truth

Like if someone today tells you that he/she is from the future or another dimension, the natural reaction is not to straightaway accept as truth right? 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Adidaem said:

Hide contents

How readily HS accepted that QQ is from another world instead of thinking that she’s crazy after she tells him the truth

Like if someone today tells you that he/she is from the future or another dimension, the natural reaction is not to straightaway accept as truth right? 

This part doesn't bug me that much because I believe that:

Spoiler

The actor when he got into the accident became HS (possibly since HS was born - since he got into the accident the night before).

Although he doesn't have the actor's memory because he was in a coma, I think because he's actually from another world to begin with, he probably subconsciously knew the truth. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Adidaem said:

When QQ was lying in the coffin, wanted to poison her with mercury, suffocate her in a sturdy coffee and burn her. 

Vs above 4 - when QQ was on the way to fake burial, CC’s men tried to bomb her and then cherry wanted to kill her 

———

Hide contents

CC became so evil... would really prefer that she made up with QQ, like after QQ faked her death CC could have realized that QQ never wanted to fight for the throne and made up instead of continuing to be evil. But ok, I know is needed for the plot (sky opening up to correct person etc). 

Hide contents

Oh right forgot about the fake funeral part. Even in death Chuchu won't let QQ go in peace. Chuchu was just beyond redemption already, if she was captured before QQ's fake death and stayed in prison, QQ would have had a happy ever after in her script world :love:

Agree with @arcchidus 

Spoiler

that subconsciously HS probably knew about the other dimension but was playing along his character traits. Furthermore, seeing that QQ knew about everyone and everything (and she's not an immortal or a goddess) just proves her story and made him believe her. Plus, when you really love and trust someone, you hardly doubt them even if they come up with alien or twilight zone stories XD.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adidaem said:

———

Hide contents

Hide contents

55 minutes ago, chsaf said:

Agree with @arcchidus 

Hide contents

that subconsciously HS probably knew about the other dimension but was playing along his character traits. Furthermore, seeing that QQ knew about everyone and everything (and she's not an immortal or a goddess) just proves her story and made him believe her. Plus, when you really love and trust someone, you hardly doubt them even if they come up with alien or twilight zone stories XD.

I just stayed up last night to binge the last 6 eps. Goodbye sleep, goodbye brain cells :grimace:

It didn't bug me too much, but it was kinda weird (and maybe even funny)

Spoiler

how easily Han Shuo accepted QQ's explanation. I feel like his concept of a "script writer" is similar to a "deity" that creates life. That's why he said "maybe your world is also a script that someone wrote" - that's a very close concept to how deities/"higher beings" creating life etc. 

In any case, I also agree, when you love and trust someone, you'll just go with it hahaha since she already decided to stay with him, it makes little difference to him whether she's a drama writer or a fairy.

I know there have been minor plot holes here and there that were minor enough that I didn't notice unless I squint, but the last few episodes have had some pretty noticeable plot holes. They didn't diminish my enjoyment in any way, I was just a bit surprised since the drama has been pretty good about plot holes so far (a lot of them were basically written off as QQ being a bad writer and constructing her world with plot holes haha). For example:

Spoiler

Didn't Han Shuo place guards around the queen's palace and not let anyone in? How did CC get in eventually to force her mom to give her the city owner throne? 

And Pei Heng, he just needed to slash down one soldier and they all obeyed him? 

Speaking of Pei Heng, I do appreciate that like many characters in the show, he has his own arc of development. The downside of that is that we got too much of his screen time in the last few episodes lol I maintain that the character is dull and the actor is also the weakest link in a great cast, but I always enjoy his harem/palace-drama fight with Han Shuo.

I'm rewatching early episodes with my friends now and just realized they constructed Han Shuo fighting for QQ's affection like it was a palace drama: he had to fight for her attention with Pei Heng the childhood sweetheart, warded off an aggressive "potential concubine" in Meng Guo, got blamed unjustly by the cunning "concubine" Yingying LOL all of their arguing scenes really reminded me of a funny gender-reverse version of harem dramas like Yanxi palace haha.

So apparently Intense Love is releasing an epilogue tomorrow which is like a mini-story in an alternate universe where Yuxi is the actor and the FL is the doctor (reversed role from the original). Based on Yuxi's hair, they filmed it recently or at least much later after the main drama finished filming, likely because of the drama's popularity? I hope this means TROTAR could also get something similar because 

Spoiler

that ending, while satisfying is way too short!

If there is a season 2, I hope they won't use the same tactic as The eternal love S2 where the FL lost her memory and they're in the same story world. I know I said I'm ok with amnesia as long as they make fun of it, but we'd just be recycling old dynamics. I'd prefer they explore their relationship in the real world, maybe Han Xin Ming trying to figure out who he really is, HXM or HS or a combo of both, OR keeping the same character traits for both HS & QQ, but they would be in a new story world.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

33 minutes ago, insertusernamehere said:

I just stayed up last night to binge the last 6 eps. Goodbye sleep, goodbye brain cells :grimace:

It didn't bug me too much, but it was kinda weird (and maybe even funny)

Hide contents

how easily Han Shuo accepted QQ's explanation. I feel like his concept of a "script writer" is similar to a "deity" that creates life. That's why he said "maybe your world is also a script that someone wrote" - that's a very close concept to how deities/"higher beings" creating life etc. 

In any case, I also agree, when you love and trust someone, you'll just go with it hahaha since she already decided to stay with him, it makes little difference to him whether she's a drama writer or a fairy.

I know there have been minor plot holes here and there that were minor enough that I didn't notice unless I squint, but the last few episodes have had some pretty noticeable plot holes. They didn't diminish my enjoyment in any way, I was just a bit surprised since the drama has been pretty good about plot holes so far (a lot of them were basically written off as QQ being a bad writer and constructing her world with plot holes haha). For example:

Reveal hidden contents

Didn't Han Shuo place guards around the queen's palace and not let anyone in? How did CC get in eventually to force her mom to give her the city owner throne? 

Speaking of Pei Heng, I do appreciate that like many characters in the show, he has his own arc of development. The downside of that is that we got too much of his screen time in the last few episodes lol I maintain that the character is dull and the actor is also the weakest link in a great cast, but I always enjoy his harem/palace-drama fight with Han Shuo.

I'm rewatching early episodes with my friends now and just realized they constructed Han Shuo fighting for QQ's affection like it was a palace drama: he had to fight for her attention with Pei Heng the childhood sweetheart, warded off an aggressive "potential concubine" in Meng Guo, got blamed unjustly by the cunning "concubine" Yingying LOL all of their arguing scenes really reminded me of a funny gender-reverse version of harem dramas like Yanxi palace haha.

So apparently Intense Love is releasing an epilogue tomorrow which is like a mini-story in an alternate universe where Yuxi is the actor and the FL is the doctor (reversed role from the original). Based on Yuxi's hair, they filmed it recently or at least much later after the main drama finished filming, likely because of the drama's popularity? I hope this means TROTAR could also get something similar because 

Reveal hidden contents

that ending, while satisfying is way too short!

If there is a season 2, I hope they won't use the same tactic as The eternal love S2 where the FL lost her memory and they're in the same story world. I know I said I'm ok with amnesia as long as they make fun of it, but we'd just be recycling old dynamics. I'd prefer they explore their relationship in the real world, maybe Han Xin Ming trying to figure out who he really is, HXM or HS or a combo of both, OR keeping the same character traits for both HS & QQ, but they would be in a new story world.

Guys youre all brilliant in discussing about plot and plotholes of TROTAR ( I didnt even realise it till now that most of you talk about it) .. maybe some of you are writters I thought..haha

• Like 2

Hmmm...I truly love the way Han Shuo loves QQ. When he kept on changing the story because of his love for her. He knew that if he killed her mom and destroyed the city QQ would never forgive him. His love for her outweighs all else. He did things for her that's outside of his comfort zone, apologized when he's wrong, and was patience enough to wait her out. I think he indulges in her sometimes but when you're in love like Han Shuo he'll probably let her get away with murder. I mean, he was making excuses for her if she was to cheat on him lol so there's no end to what he'll do for her. It's rare that I watched a drama and liked a ML this way. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Dramanoona said:

What about HS keeping his MurderCat persona in the  modern world as actor HXM? 

But hopefully BaiBai and RuiRui will appear somehow.

yes...

this is a big yes for me too...

baibai and ruirui....

• LOL 2

11 hours ago, insertusernamehere said:

Is there some kind of controversy re: Yuxi today? I saw people talking about it on Twitter but have no context...could someone share?

what controversy...?

is that the issue on the airport....

i read somewhere somewhere he has "entanglement" on that airport thing....

• Unamused 1

5 hours ago, insertusernamehere said:

I know there have been minor plot holes here and there that were minor enough that I didn't notice unless I squint, but the last few episodes have had some pretty noticeable plot holes. They didn't diminish my enjoyment in any way, I was just a bit surprised since the drama has been pretty good about plot holes so far (a lot of them were basically written off as QQ being a bad writer and constructing her world with plot holes haha).

Yeah usually I can overlook plot holes if the flow is enjoyable... you know suspend belief and all but the plot holes in the last few episodes got a bit too much. 

In the beginning...

Spoiler

...I found it dodgy that no one suspected CQQ drastic personality change, especially Zirui’s reaction to it since he spends the most time with her. 

but ok I was already distracted by HS at that time hahaha. 

And HS unchanging love was also a bit hard to swallow for the plot development (given how horrid/hurtful QQ was to him) but I was also happy to suspend belief since you know, so sweet. 

But the last few episodes the plot holes became harder to ignore. :sweatingbullets:

4 hours ago, Pamela Amba said:

Guys youre all brilliant in discussing about plot and plotholes of TROTAR ( I didnt even realise it till now that most of you talk about it) .. maybe some of you are writters I thought..haha

Hahahaha I feel like I needed to somewhat be able to understand the motivations driving the plot development and character action to be able to immerse myself in dramas that I watch. One of the reasons why ROTAR is good is because even the side characters are well fleshed out as a few others have commented earlier. 

=====

Wow almost 1000 replies! It’s been a pleasure knowing everyone! Hopefully we can all gather again for season two :wub:

• Like 5

6 hours ago, insertusernamehere said:

hey didn't diminish my enjoyment in any way, I was just a bit surprised since the drama has been pretty good about plot holes so far (a lot of them were basically written off as QQ being a bad writer and constructing her world with plot holes haha). For example:

Reveal hidden contents

Hmmm, I didn’t see that part as a plot hole (there where plot holes but that’s not one to me?) because:

Spoiler

I thought he decided to just abandon the flower city alone after he left with QQ? So he took his troops with him? 

also I am rewatching the show with my friend and realized that QQ already talked about her other life in chapter 6 to HS when she was sick!! Maybe he had his doubts for a while!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

Hmmm, I didn’t see that part as a plot hole (there where plot holes but that’s not one to me?) because:

Hide contents

I thought he decided to just abandon the flower city alone after he left with QQ? So he took his troops with him? 

also I am rewatching the show with my friend and realized that QQ already talked about her other life in chapter 6 to HS when she was sick!! Maybe he had his doubts for a while!!

No this is before 

Spoiler

he decided to abandon the city. CC went to force her mom to abdicate, and then learned that HS already switched out all her guards and surrounded the palace. That's when he came in and they had the showdown. This is what led to his imprisonment and the "doing the deed" part.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, insertusernamehere said:

No this is before 

Reveal hidden contents

he decided to abandon the city. CC went to force her mom to abdicate, and then learned that HS already switched out all her guards and surrounded the palace. That's when he came in and they had the showdown. This is what led to his imprisonment and the "doing the deed" part.

Oh I thought they explained that...

Spoiler

QQ essentially convinced HS to work with CC (she didn't want her mother to get too overworked since HS originally wanted to have people from Tiger City to rule the Flower City). HS decided to help her get the ruling spot in return she would give him the mines.

At least that's how I remember it when I watched it.

• Like 2

Someone said this in the AvenueX discord thread for TROTAR and I thought it was spot on: "all characters have consistent motivations and traits - they are all nuts and out there but they are consistent. all characters are acting from a set of beliefs and understandings of the situations they are in - which happen to be wrong all the time."

LOL it's really hilarious if you think about it. It's a great comedy of errors! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

3 minutes ago, arcchidus said:

Oh I thought they explained that...

Hide contents

QQ essentially convinced HS to work with CC (she didn't want her mother to get too overworked since HS originally wanted to have people from Tiger City to rule the Flower City). HS decided to help her get the ruling spot in return she would give him the mines.

At least that's how I remember it when I watched it.

Spoiler

He pretended to agree to the deal, but told Bai Ji that he no longer trusted any women from Huayuan, and wanted the whole city and not just the mines. So he actually was trying to get the city owner's "stamp" for himself. The Queen soft-threatened him that if he harmed her or let anyone harm her, QQ would hate him forever. So when he left, he put guards there and not let anyone in or out, in case CC sent people to harm the queen. CC then came to "visit" and wasn't let in. Then later in the episode she was just suddenly inside talking with the Queen. That didn't go anywhere and she learned then that HS already switched her army and surrounded them. She stormed out angrily to see HS and accused him of betraying her. Then they started fighting.

• Like 2