[Drama 2020] Midnight Snack Couple/Sweet Munchies, 야식남녀

larus

I can`t believe that A Jin`s boss put Nam Kyu-Jang in the Sweet Munchies project. I totally understand why Ji a was devastated. And she has to accept the sacrifice (to have the show on air) to show her love for "her baby". It was so unfair. Not only Nam Kyu Jang was annoying and unlikeble person because how he treated people at work, especially Ji A, but now we have to see him as a homophobic too. He really wiped his hand because he shook hands with a homosexual? UH!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, larus said:

I can`t believe that A Jin`s boss put Nam Kyu-Jang in the Sweet Munchies project. I totally understand why Ji a was devastated. And she has to accept the sacrifice (to have the show on air) to show her love for "her baby". It was so unfair. Not only Nam Kyu Jang was annoying and unlikeble person because how he treated people at work, especially Ji A, but now we have to see him as a homophobic too. He really wiped his hand because he shook hands with a homosexual? UH!

It's actually ridiculous. A chauvinist twat without any actual recent success in producing a show and who no one seems to actualluy like is what is being used for conflict.

The part that I love about this drama is  "the food and the advice together with it".  As for the characters i can already see what's going to happen to them but who knows...  till it ends.:)

Credit to the owner

6 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

The part that I love about this drama is  "the food and the advice together with it".  As for the characters i can already see what's going to happen to the them but who knows...  till it ends.:)

I also like the part about the food mixing with good advises. I find Kang Tae-Wan the most intriguing character so far. I am not hooked on this show but I will be watching till the end. Not sure if I will comment on this thread often.

Kang Ji Young, Jung Il Woo, And Lee Hak Joo Portray A Dynamic Love Triangle In “Sweet Munchies” (HQ Stills)

Jun 3, 2020
by U. Kim
c5c0f4bd96734d9b8d13ebb9a6190c74.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s “Sweet Munchies” is entertaining viewers with interesting character dynamics and mouthwatering scenes of delicious food!

“Sweet Munchies” is a romantic comedy in which a man and woman fight over the same man. It follows the story of the unconventional love triangle between the bistro chef Park Jin Sung (Jung Il Woo), the producing director Kim Ah Jin (Kang Ji Young), and the genius designer Kang Tae Wan (Lee Hak Joo).

Park Jin Sung, Kim Ah Jin, and Kang Tae Wan teach viewers a lesson about finding ways out of difficult times, working hard for what you love, and allowing food to enrich our lives. The three characters experience emotions ranging from joy to anger as they are thrown into unexpected situations. See the full spectrum of their emotions and their relationships in the high quality stills below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1404366wpp/kang-ji-young-jung-il-woo-and-lee-hak-joo-portray-a-dynamic-love-triangle-in-sweet-munchies-hq-stills

18 minutes ago, larus said:

I also like the part about the food mixing with good advises. I find Kang Tae-Wan the most intriguing character so far. I am not hooked on this show but I will be watching till the end. Not sure if I will comment on this thread often.

Yes, me too.  I feel like I've never seen him before.  :ph34r: Thank goodness it's only 12 episodes, so it's not that long.  Till next episodes.

It's kind of slow, but I like it.

Jung Il-Woo is very convincing as the sincere chef who gives heartfelt advice. I would love to go to his restaurant. I would love to see this show within the show.

But the gay thing... ah, it's... you know... yeah. Having gay characters on the show helps, and hopefully they can present an authentic, nuanced, well-informed perspective. I just don't know if Ah-Jin is the best vehicle for these perspectives.

Mostly, it boggles my mind that she's been going to Jung Il-Woo's restaurant and getting heartfelt advice from him all this time - and somehow doesn't seem to realize that he is pretty much the *only* source of the idea of her show, which is her "baby." She's basically putting on screen the exact experience she's having at his restaurant, and just put the gay spin on it - which seems like a shallow attempt to be somehow subversive, rather than inclusive. Because the chef's warmth and compassion isn't because he's gay (because he's actually not), it's his personality.

I really cannot believe how poorly employees are treated in Korea. I asked friends who live in Korea if this is true - and some have told me it's waaaay exaggerated on TV - but some have also told me that it's actually worse. I guess it just depends where you work, but the way Ah Jin was being treated by this Nam guy... it actually makes this show uncomfortable to watch. He is such an a-hole -  I hope he gets whatever is coming to him soon.

Not really fond of the Director either. You kind of want to believe that she is a wise boss who is being harsh to Ah-Jin for her own good, so she learns. But honestly, she's really just cruel most of the time.

Sweet Munchies: Episodes 3-4 Open Thread

by abirdword

Munchies_3-4_00042.jpg

Our PD has a hit! But our not-actually-gay chef was really hoping to make his television debut a one-time occurrence, so we are at an impasse for the foreseeable future. And if having a reluctant star wasn’t difficult enough, every single coworker at the station throws every hurdle they can find in the road to make our rookie PD’s job that much more difficult.

EPISODES 3-4 WEECAP

We start week two with the momentum of a successful pilot episode. Jin-sung’s first guest is comforted by his words on love, the crew is relieved, and we get to tag along with Ah-jin as she spends a solid week dedicated to editing her first episode. She goes for raw and mostly unedited, and even though some think too many bloopers were left in, the audience response is clear: she’s got a winner.

I appreciate that the appeal seems to be Jin-sung’s touching words, and not his supposed sexual identity. Even hard-edged Director Cha seems moved by his thoughts and discusses them with cheery PD LEE SANG-YOUNG (Kim Seung-soo). It’s exactly the kind of reaction that you’d want from your audience, and I really loved that moment when Ah-jin got to bask in the good feels and positive online reviews (while she can, because we know that’s not gonna last).

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/06/sweet-munchies-episodes-3-4-open-thread/

Watch: Jung Il Woo, Kang Ji Young, And Lee Hak Joo Show Dedication To Their Roles In “Sweet Munchies”

Jun 6, 2020
by L. Kim
ac2b1783994e41919d292c384da6bd08.jpeg?s=

JTBC has released a new behind-the-scenes look at “Sweet Munchies”!

The video shows the three lead actors fully immersing into their given roles. First off, Jung Il Woo showcases the expert cooking skills of his character Park Jin Sung, a bistro chef. Jung Il Woo looks like a professional chef himself as he chops up vegetables, whips eggs in a bowl, and slaps flour onto his palms.

Jung Il Woo also portrays the warmth of Park Jin Sung as he helps out at the orphanage, and he is all smiles as he works with a child actor. In another scene, he chortles in embarrassment because he spit out hot ramen that plops back into the pot.

sweet-munchies.jpg

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1405059wpp/watch-jung-il-woo-kang-ji-young-and-lee-hak-joo-show-dedication-to-their-roles-in-sweet-munchies

Kang Tae Hwan (or Lee Hak Joo) doesn't look like gayish for a gay character. So, I can not feel the tension. 

How can Kim A Jin behaves so positive. PD Nam and the bosswoman are both annoying. They are not fair. They keep giving PD Kim difficulties. The type that you don't want to meet in your office. Anyeay this is just a drama. PD Kim will survive she she will keep finding the best way out of the difficulties.

12 hours ago, nat_phoenix88 said:

PD Nam and the bosswoman are both annoying. They are not fair. 

Yeah, I really can't stand them.

I mean, PD Nam is supposed to be a "love to hate him" character, set up for some terrible humiliation at some point. So I can accept his d----ish behavior, at least up to a point.

But the Bosswoman? WHHHHYYYY be such a B? I understand that she's all about kicking butts to get good performance out of them - but she's just a straight-up a-hole for no reason most of the time.

They make this show truly unpleasant to watch. It's just the wrong tone.

Jung Il-Woo and Tae Wan (Lee Hak Joo) are the only reasons I will keep watching.

Watch: Jung Il Woo Is A Slightly Clumsy Chef Who Loves To Snack On Set Of “Sweet Munchies”

Jun 12, 2020
by S. Nam
137b8bc6e083497cbc2f1bbd18d8886f.jpeg?s=

JTBC released a new behind-the-scenes look at “Sweet Munchies”!

The making-of video begins with a clip of Jung Il Woo preparing a late-night snack. Although he looks very serious and composed, he suddenly comments in surprise, “Oh wait, I accidentally took out the chicken.” Jung Il Woo enthusiastically begins to cook, taste-testing the food and adding some decorations to create a delicious snack despite some clumsy moments in between.

Jung Il Woo also prepares a kimchi pancake by skillfully flipping it on the pan. He confidently says, “It works better using my left hand,” but he accidentally rips the pancake. Jung Il Woo quickly comments, “It wasn’t my fault,” explaining that it was originally torn to begin with. Later, he deliciously bites in to another kimchi pancake but adds, “Mine was tastier.”

Before filming a different scene, Jung Il Woo shares some of his cooking knowledge and even offers the director a bite of the food. Jung Il Woo then discusses with the staff on how to cut the fish to produce a realistic scene, and despite some struggle with the knife, Jung Il Woo manages to maintain a professional gaze throughout the entire scene.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1406278wpp/watch-jung-il-woo-is-a-slightly-clumsy-chef-who-loves-to-snack-on-set-of-sweet-munchies

On 6/10/2020 at 3:24 PM, nat_phoenix88 said:

Kang Tae Hwan (or Lee Hak Joo) doesn't look like gayish for a gay character. So, I can not feel the tension. 

How he has to be gayish? I admit that I don`t know many things about gay people. Just what I saw in the television. But from what I see, there are gay people who are easily identify because of some gestures/ atitude but others are not, unless they come out. I think it is all about their personality.

Tae Wan keeps his sexual orientation a secret. He is not an extrovert person.I like how  Lee Hae Joo is portraying the character. He is subtle. I personally felt the tension his character is feeling.  Tae Wan`s jelousy is funny. I believe he will realise soon that Jin Sung is faking his sexual orientation. He already realised that Jin sung is showing interest in the female protagonist. It is a matter of time intil he will find out the true reason in this interest. JMO.

68587_35080_838.jpg

http://www.topdaily.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=68587

“Sweet Munchies” Cast Gets Closer As They Enjoy Filming At The Beach

Jun 14, 2020
by S. P
b554f465c0ef4c019f5c36e962ef8ecd.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s “Sweet Munchies” has released new behind-the-scenes stills showing off the cast members’ friendship!

“Sweet Munchies” is a romantic comedy in which a man and woman fight over the same man. It follows the story of the unconventional love triangle between the bistro chef Park Jin Sung (Jung Il Woo), the producing director Kim Ah Jin (Kang Ji Young), and the genius designer Kang Tae Wan (Lee Hak Joo).

In the previous episode, the production team of Park Jin Sung and Kim Ah Jin’s cooking program took a trip to the beach. The trip became an important turning point in their relationships with each other as they had honest conversations and enjoyed their time together. The love triangle between Park Jin Sung, Kim Ah Jin, and Kang Tae Wan was also ignited.

The behind-the-scenes stills are a testament to the cast members’ friendship. They all wear different colored tracksuits, which are their team uniforms, and smile brightly, laughing and playing around in front of the camera.

The actors all did their part to make sure the filming went smoothly. Jung Il Woo was very friendly on set and took good care of his co-stars and staff. Kang Ji Young also brightened the mood with her energetic smile and easygoing manner. Finally, Lee Hak Joo, whose character is known for his cold charismatic aura, was the exact opposite of his role behind the camera. His friendliness and jokes were said to have given an energy boost to everyone on set.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1406631wpp/sweet-munchies-cast-gets-closer-as-they-enjoy-filming-at-the-beach

Jung Il Woo And Kang Ji Young Are Closer Than Ever Before In “Sweet Munchies”

Jun 16, 2020
by J. Lim
c6ac4b0b2551475e9cb996656ff09e55.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Sweet Munchies” has released new stills showing Kang Ji Young and Jung Il Woo getting closer than ever.

“Sweet Munchies” is a romantic comedy in which a man and woman fight over the same man. It follows the story of the unconventional love triangle between the bistro chef Park Jin Sung (Jung Il Woo), the producing director Kim Ah Jin (Kang Ji Young), and the genius designer Kang Tae Wan (Lee Hak Joo).

Spoilers

Till now, Kim Ah Jin has been under the belief that Park Jin Sung likes men, so the two have been hiding their emotions for each other. But the previous episode had one of Park Jin Sung’s ex-girlfriends making an appearance, and he risked all of his lies being revealed.

The new stills show the two almost leaning in for a kiss. Kim Ah Jin looks tipsy as she stars at Park Jin Sung with love in her eyes, and he is unable to look away. The preview video for the upcoming episode teased a new turn in their dynamics as Kim Ah Jin is set to make a drunken confession as she asks, “If you didn’t like men, would you have liked me?”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1407090wpp/jung-il-woo-and-kang-ji-young-are-closer-than-ever-before-in-sweet-munchies

Archived